Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation
ARRIGHT LISTEN UP

DINI'S BEST ESTIMATES IN HALF AN HOUR OR LESS

Likely Town regardless of Solaris' Flip (in order of certainty, none 100% obviously)
Slorange
Nova
Seedy

Truegreen
Garuru

IF SOLARIS IS TOWN

Eberron probably town
Akumu more likely mafia (because Ebetown)
Schazer more likely mafia

Lynch the heck outta Palamedes
more/rest of the mafia probably in the lurkers/below mafia feelings, edge case of Sotek!scum

IF SOLARIS IS MAFIA

Sotek is almost certainly town
Akumu doesn't really move past neutral unless Eberron actually turns out to be mafia
Palamedes somewhat less likely scum than he is in my eyes right now/the other scenario (in other words a weak suspect as opposed to 'mmm I can see him as scum'/'wow lynch this man now')
Schazer still looks kinda mafia though probably not as much as in Scenario Solaritown
Eberron more likely to be mafia (weakly scum as opposed to townish))

rest of the mafia probably in the lurkers/below mafia feelings

Feeling Mafiaish regardless of Solaris' Flip

icanhasdonut
Gnauga (where did he go)
alla them lurky people

Neutrals

Agent is really neutral read, Dalm is a black hole that should probably just be vigged if we want to resolve alignment there (the lynch will tell us nothing)
Hold me Solaris, I'm so cold
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 3: The Historian
The End Of All Votals Is Come Before Me

bigro - 1 (Solaris)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonuts)
Solaris - 7 (Sotek, Palamedes, Nova, Slorange, Mirdini, Schazer, Garuru)
Garuru - 1 (Truegreen)
eberron - 1 (Akumu)
Truegreen - 2 (eberron, Solaris)
Sotek - 1 (Seedy)

The day ends, and the decision is made. Solaris is to be lynched. They are marched through to the makeshift gallows, and the execution is swift.

Solaris was Pananelo "Poptyping" Pwuadatock, author of a number of highly convoluted storylines. Their stories involved devious and complex schemes, and many elaborate deceptions.

And they couldn't resist crafting equally elaborate murders, as well. They were a member of Undercover.

Their scheming ways allowed them to confuse the masses easily. Each night, they could pick two targets and concoct a cunning plan to misdirect all visitors to either. Anyone who tried to visit one player Solaris targeted would visit the other instead. In other words, they were a busdriver.

There was one catch: the scheme wouldn't work well if it were used on Undercover's kill target. So they could not choose that target.

As everyone processes Solaris' death, Mirdini suddenly collapses!

Mirdini was Shelly Winters, a historian. She had noticed the similarities between this situation and others that had arise over the years, and was hoping to document her notes on such matters for posterity.

Mirdini had no particular powers, but each night he could use his Quicktopic to write up a piece of worldbuilding history about the setting. Entertaining pieces might be rewarded with prizes from the mods, which might range from pure flavor to actual useful effects.

In sum, Mirdini was a caramel townie. (For players not familiar with the jargon, this is basically a vanilla townie with a little extra feature with little or no effect on gameplay).

Two bodies have fallen, among them one of the Undercover agents. Though the sight of death is disturbing to most, there's no time to discuss these matters; everyone heads to sleep.

Day's ended. However, I have two players to replace, bigro and Chwoka.

Coldblooded will be replacing one, but won't be ready for a few days. I don't have an immediate replacement for the other.

My options are:
-Have Mirdini (who was basically vanilla) fill the other slot rather than going to deadchat.
-Kill off the other slot.
-Leave them technically in that slot until I can drag someone else in.

None of these strikes me as a great option. The best I can do is figure out what out of those not-great choices people are going to prefer the most, unless someone can miraculously find me a second player to fill the slot.

So if you, as a player, have an opinion, let me know in a PM or in your Quicktopic and I'll sort it out by the time D4 rolls around. I'll figure something out with handling night actions if these slots have them.

(NOTE: I reserve the right to ignore scum opinions if they seem to be about gaining an advantage in the game, since scum would know more than other players about these two slots' alignments. That said, if scum have opinions related to what they think would be more fun, they can feel free to share. Please keep opinions private to avoid people guessing if you're making them for alignment-related reasons.)
(04-14-2014, 04:58 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »And really? You feel you can't /trust/ me?

I'm going to flip in a bit over an hour I have no reason to lie

SpoilerShow
I'm going to let it slide because you're new to this, but if you're going to post at night (which you shouldn't, barring the rare game that gives people the ability to), it shouldn't have game-related information in it, which most explanations of why you did something will be.

You either wait until the next day, or if you don't survive, then you wait to the end of the game. Post it in your Quicktopic if you're worried about forgetting it by then.
Current status: Everyone who's stated an opinion so far is going with The Rise of Mirdini. While it's far from a majority of players, the lack of objections so far means it's pretty much my default plan.

So basically, if I don't hear objections in QTs by the time I wake up Wednesday morning, I'm bringing Mirdini back. Or if I hear nine voices in favor of something, I can make up my mind sooner. I don't want to take too long on this, because replacements have to catch up and people might make decisions based on who replaces into what slot, which I'd prefer not to finalize until I know what's going on.
SpoilerShow
Ah. Sorry for the confusion - in case people are wondering, the last I heard Mirdini said he'd be willing but less than eager to replace (I wasn't just press-ganging him into being a possible emergency replacement) but apparently he tried to contact me later to say he'd be really busy and the message didn't go through for whatever reason.

Okay, then unless I can pull a second replacement out of the ether somehow, our options are "kill a slot" or "leave a slot in the game without an active player until they die or replacement becomes possible". Neither is a great choice, but those are my options right now.
SpoilerShow
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Okay, at the moment all comments I have favor keeping the second slot alive over death-by-modly-wrath. Again, this is far from a majority, but nobody's actually objected to it yet so it's pretty much my default plan.

So if you'd rather have more death, let me know in your quicktopic.
Okay. I have two calls to keep the second slot alive and one to kill it. That isn't a lot of opinions in, but I don't want to delay things too long.

So as of noon tomorrow, or about 20 hours, I'm closing the votes and plurality wins. In the event of a tie, I will most likely go with a modkill - just noting that now so it doesn't surprise anyone if that happens.
Okay, final results: three voices in favor of keeping the second slot alive, one in favor of killing.

Consequently, Coldblooded will replace Chwoka and bigro's slot will be left idle until replacement is possible or it ends up dead. Until then, it won't be counted in vote requirements.

Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone.
Okay, day's starting tomorrow - not today, because it's Easter. If you've got something to do at night and you're changing your mind about what it is, or haven't done it yet, now's the time.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 4: Life of Pie
Day breaks again. Everyone gathers for the usual unpleasant business - and as is common for these events, one person is missing. Their body is soon found and put with the other corpses.

SleepingOrange was Estelle DuWithers, famed chef. She specialized in pies, and had written quite a few books filled with her top recipes.

Each night, Slorange could bake a pie and decide its effect. The pie could not directly kill or protect whoever received it. The pie's recipient would be able to either eat the pie or throw it; they would have one day cycle and one night cycle to do either. If they did so during the day, everyone would see them eat or throw it.

Slorange only had the materials to make four pies over the course of the game. He was awarded an extra because I wasn't clear enough on the details of his ability before he started baking.

Slorange was aligned with the town.

The loss of a great piemaker is deeply felt. But there is little time to mourn; there is only time to find out who may be responsible for this foul deed.

As everyone gathers, however, something else stands out. Truegreen's face and hands are covered in something red and sticky.

-Crowstone - Whimbrel
-Garuru
-Schazer
-Sotek
-icanhasdonut
-Akumu
-seedy
-Palamedes
-Nova
-eberron
-AgentBlue
-amosmyn - Truegreen
-Dalm
-Chwoka Coldblooded
-Gnauga
-bigro - Slot does not count for votes unless a replacement becomes available.

With 15 alive and active, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 26 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
Farewell friend

You were the scummiest town ever

Hi Truegreen is that pie or blood
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
(or both)
Well Goddamnit...

I am somewhat conflicted.

I was partially right about Slorange, they were lying completely about their ability...but now my main suspect is dead and worst of all they are town.

I don't know what to think anymore...
"worst of all they were town" yup that totally sounds like a thing town would say.

Vote: Truegreen
Sooo, that was a thing. Hey True, care to explain or let someone examine that red goop on ya by chance?
Vote: Truegreen because mad spish yo
~◕ w◕~
TRUE. GREEN. BOLDED
~◕ w◕~
I don't think Slorange was lying. Apparently, Slorange could just have given the pie to cyber95, who then ate it and became a nexus, or something. BUT ENOUGH OF THAT HES DEAD AND IT DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE.

Speaking seriously, I'm actually confused by Truegreen. I always thought he was super scummy but it turns out he was being "in-character"? (Protip: don't do that ever. See: how scummy Truegreen was acting.) This doesn't clear him up in any way, but I am at least willing to give him some leniency today as long as he promises to truly play according to his alignment/role rather than his flavor.

Anyways. Solaris' flip actually makes me feel less okay with Schazer. I'm aware of the hypocrisy in saying this, but her vote felt quite bussy, on top of my not feeling so well about her, due to her mechanics focus and not so much scumhunting. Then again, Slorange flipping town makes me feel kind of very slightly better about her because I could have sworn they were aligned scum. I'd say she's a light scum read still.

berro still feeling eh.

I really really don't want Akumu or donut to slip under the radar today so don't let them, k?

AKUMU DONUT what are your views on the likes of Truegreen, eberron (Akumu don't answer this), Agent, and... the other one of you two I guess. Just... give us some reads okay.

Actually, now is a good time in the game for people to post those fancy colorful lists with everybody on it being ranked by scumminess or towniness AKA general reads on everyone else. No more tunneling. No more vaguely ignoring quiet people.

Also: Don't feel good about this post upon reflection:

(04-12-2014, 03:43 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »(look at this post okay)

At all. It's extremely non-committal, giving out lots of reads on people who they said was town or 3p in the end anyways.

To sum it up, I'd especially like to see reads from Truegreen, eberron, Akumu, donut, and Agent (prevedit: and whimbrel).

Though if you aren't on that list, do it anyways.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
what do you mean by "reads"
~◕ w◕~
It was pie damnit! I didn't kill Slorange! I didn't kill anyone! I simply thought Slorange was lying about his power. I mostly thought he was a third party and getting off too easy on dogmatic trust engendered by his standing in the community outside of the game.

Why would I kill him!? It doesn't make any sense. He was my primary suspicion, with him gone the only one I might make a case against is Schazer, and that is on fairly shaky ground seeing how closely he seemed to be working with Slorange. Or maybe I might make a case against Eberron but they seem to be the only one keeping their head in this situation!

For one thing, how would I know he made the pie? And even if I did know why would I choose to eat it then kill him rather than just throw the pie at him? Sure I would have been under scrutiny for not eating the pie, but a lot less than this.

This whole scenario STINKS to me, why doesn't someone make an actual ARGUMENT against me rather than just say, "oh that's mighty suspicious vote: Truegreen"

I get what you're implying but actually have the decency to make some actual accusations rather than just shouting that anything I say sounds 'Scum' I'm looking pointedly at one particular person.

Examine the goop for all I care, I GIVE FULL PERMISSION TO EXAMINE THE GOOP!

It's goddamn Pie Filling, probably Cherry and you will find nothing more than that.