Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express
(03-22-2014, 05:35 AM)eberron Wrote: »Right now I honestly dont have anything to go on for voting someone, though woka seems to be abit, idk, odd with his actions.

and i claim no special roles

The following are currently voting to lynch you: Akumu, Palamedes, Gnauga, Sotek, Granolaman, Nova, Cyber95.

If you're town (and goddamnit I can't tell right now if you're defeated scum or dejected town), at least one of the seven is mafia. Maybe two, maybe more. Who would you pick?
(03-22-2014, 05:50 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(03-22-2014, 05:35 AM)eberron Wrote: »Right now I honestly dont have anything to go on for voting someone, though woka seems to be abit, idk, odd with his actions.

and i claim no special roles

The following are currently voting to lynch you: Akumu, Palamedes, Gnauga, Sotek, Granolaman, Nova, Cyber95.

If you're town (and goddamnit I can't tell right now if you're defeated scum or dejected town), at least one of the seven is mafia. Maybe two, maybe more. Who would you pick?

Akumu.
vote: no lynch jic
cyber, kumu, maybe pala and nova and nola are all scumspecty to me rn i forgot to say
(03-22-2014, 05:24 AM)seedy Wrote: »Also, random lynches are not better than no lynches. The whole POINT of "always lynching" is for the information.

No, the point is killing scum, and the fact that with an odd number of living players lynching wrong has the same effect on number of mislynches as not lynching at all.
Deadline's passed, hang on a second while I tally up votes.
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 1: No One Dies At The End
Only Votals Can Save Mankind

Mirdini - 1 (Agent)
No Lynch - 7 (Slorange, Dalm, eberron, icanhasdonuts, Chwoka, Seedy, Solaris)
eberron - 7 (Akumu, Palamedes, Gnauga, Sotek, Granolaman, Nova, cyber95)
cyber95 - 1 (Schazer)
icanhasdonuts - 1 (amosmyn)

After much deliberation, though a significant minority pointed in one direction, ultimately no decision was made. With the day over, everyone went to sleep, hoping tomorrow would clear up matters.

Still need a replacement, I will aim to take care of that in the next 24 hours.
Okay, so I missed a vote and there was a tie. Fortunately the premature result was No Lynch as opposed to lynching someone and revealing their role, so bear with me while Para and I decide how to handle this.

You may want to hold off your night actions while we work this out.
Mod conclusion: The No Lynch result stands.
The triumph of apathy over principle!

this feels like a hollow victory
Okay, hush people, no talking at night even if it's insubstantial, if you want to say something you have Quicktopics.
Truegreen has replaced amosmyn.

Day 2 will be starting fairly soon.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 2: The Invisible Man
Day breaks, and everyone gathers once more in the library. A quick headcount reveals one person missing, cyber95; but a quick search through his room reveals no sign of him either.

cyber95 has vanished without a trace.

No one is sure what to make of this disappearance, but there's little to do but continue the unpleasant task of rooting out the criminals. And so, the debate opens once more.

Livelist:

Mirdini
Crowstone
SleepingOrange
Garuru
Schazer
Sotek
icanhasdonut
Akumu
seedy
Palamedes
Nova
eberron
AgentBlue
amosmyn - Truegreen
Dalm
bigro
Chwoka
Gnauga
Granolaman
Solaris

Crowstone has requested a replacement.

With 20 alive and present, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft-lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, April 1 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
Odd kill.
Personally, I was going to gun for cyber/nova today because of that hella scummy speedlynch push at the end. However, that kill seems somewhat to the contrary. I think I'll wait on my vote.
actually vote novawatts because that vote seems like hella bussing and your interaction with eberron could be you being scum and him being scum
so there was just that one kill, and i guess it wasn't the vig or sk kill because of the janitoring?

it /is/ a weird kill though
in a fashion, a memorial to the dearly departed

(03-16-2014, 05:58 PM)cyber95 Wrote: »What an unfortunate situation. And such unbecoming behavior from some of these people!

Vote: Garuru, as such bloodlust is clearly not right.
(this was #40 so still in RVS. The game started on #35 for reference)
(03-16-2014, 06:02 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »Vote cyber95 for attempting to quell bloodlust.
(#43)

(03-17-2014, 06:14 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »Can I somehow vote to keep Garuru alive forever this is great
(#108)
(03-17-2014, 06:20 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Garuru's devotion to literature is quite commendable indeed. I, Dr. D.S. Lester, would have to retract my vote for him.
(#109, these were in response to Garuru's bookcover posts, for those with short-term memory.)

(03-22-2014, 03:20 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »If you've read my last novel, Tea With Alfred, which you should have, if you enjoy proper literature, you will remember the key quote from it, "No one ever accomplished anything by doing nothing, except when they have."

I say, I must push to Vote: Eberron, if only so something is accomplished today.
(#195, we were in the middle of a small discussion of lynch vs. nolynch)

Chwoka also was post #194. Tentatively, a link between Chwoka and Cyber, although Cyber only has 3 posts (not that I have so many more), and the link might just be "online at the same time" or "friends".
It's still an odd choice for a mafia kill, but it's pretty darn ding dong dang difficult to read anything at all sure from it, which might have been the point. Disappearing from a sealed building though, how sp0000ky!
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Vote: Granolaman.

Nothing has changed in my opinion here.
A Midsummer Night's Votals

Nova - 1 (icanhasdonut)
Granolaman - 1 (Sotek)

With 20 players alive and present, it takes 11 to lynch and six to soft lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, April 1 at 11:59 PM.
Theo Van Doesburg looms over the stove, nervously toasting a slice of bread in a pan. He hadn't wanted to come to this 'party' and now it seemed that his sentiment had been justified. Someone was dead and someone had disappeared. To top it all off, he was trapped with some of the people he had most wanted to avoid. You couldn't trust authors, especially this bunch. He had watched them carefully the day previous. Each and every one had seemed suspicious, so quick to accuse, so quick to wield the instruments of death. One of them probably worked for the government, most likely that Kellerman character. You couldn't trust people who analyzed things in such clinical ways. Math, very suspicious. He needed more time, he needed to figure out who the rats were. He knew he would have to talk to them eventually, only so much could be obtained by careful listening. He would have to be careful though. He couldn't reveal too much about himself in this den of spies and murderers. Eventually someone would have to die but it was too early for that, too early to see the wolves among the sheep.

Vote: No Lynch for now...
Sotek, could you explain your convictions a bit more? You voted for Granola after he replied to me with something that, while technically true, missed the point of my argument. Is that sufficient to say that he is scum? Especially that we are now in a situation, with an even number of players, where we've lost the low-information lynch advantage.
Ok so putting out there pre-emptively; Truegreen is new and if anybody thinks that a No Lynch vote is a weird choice, that's why. @Truegreen I'd like some additional thoughts out of you once you get a bit of live-action experience into how these things work, but I'm just posting this caveat because I don't trust some of you to not make what is indubitably a newbie action into a Thing.

---

The nightkill choice seems to me very "polite", although I guess if they had a janitoring the scum got the net benefit of picking someone who you can't really link to other players.

It makes me put slight suspicion on one of Mirdini or Slorange being in the scum team, from the purely meta standpoint of those two guys (in my opinion) being most likely to say "let's kill someone who hasn't been posting much, but not kill someone who's newer to mafias). I may be projecting my course of action as potential scum in this situation though, so if anybody wants to accept this train of thought (which you shouldn't, it's overthinky and terrible), you'd have to suspect me as well.

I mean by that logic the "politest" kill would've been to murder Amos, which makes Truegreen as his replacement somewhat suspect, and the only reason Truegreen's not dead is because he's mafia??? I don't want to start aggressively pushing for a newbie's lynch yet though.

---

Solarispost makes me uneasy, it's simply my gut though. So @Solaris and @Granolaman: What are your thoughts both on Eberron and the votenanigans that happened yesterday?
Oh also Truegreen it's often against the rules to edit your posts in a mafia game! If you made a mistake that needs correcting, the usual way is to double-post, prefaced with EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post). Editing posts is against the rules because mafia could remove slip-ups or other incriminating information.
Alas, I weep for the tragic disappearance Dr. Lester. I fear now we shall never know the end of the brilliant "Donald in Teamagic Land" saga. The world has truly grown darker this morn.

@Schazer: I'm fairly neutral on Eberron right now. Yes, the omgus was cast, but I didn't find it particularly damning. I jumped onto the wagon because I wanted more information on Akumu, and there wasn't enough time left in the day to move the lynch over. (Even less time for me, I believe I had an early bedtime I needed to catch that night)

I wouldn't mind Lynching Nova today actually. He was vocally against the eberron lynch but hopped on anyways. Tsk tsk.
(03-27-2014, 10:22 PM)Truegreen Wrote: »Theo Van Doesburg looms over the stove, nervously toasting a slice of bread in a pan. He hadn't wanted to come to this 'party' and now it seemed that his sentiment had been justified. Someone was dead and someone had disappeared. To top it all off, he was trapped with some of the people he had most wanted to avoid. You couldn't trust authors, especially this bunch. He had watched them carefully the day previous. Each and every one had seemed suspicious, so quick to accuse, so quick to wield the instruments of death. One of them probably worked for the government, most likely that Kellerman character. You couldn't trust people who analyzed things in such clinical ways. Math, very suspicious. He needed more time, he needed to figure out who the rats were. He knew he would have to talk to them eventually, only so much could be obtained by careful listening. He would have to be careful though. He couldn't reveal too much about himself in this den of spies and murderers. Eventually someone would have to die but it was too early for that, too early to see the wolves among the sheep.

Vote: No Lynch for now...

HEY YOU. NO EDITING POSTS.