Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [DUEL: Round 4]
Time stands to attack MrGuy, but he immediately slumps to the floor as his injured leg gives way under him. He scrabbles at the carpet in an attempt to pull himself closer to his target. It's nothing short of futile.

MrGuy, meanwhile, has g0m cornered and a pistol in his hand. There's no way he can miss at this point blank range. g0m, however, has different ideas and begins flailing just as MrGuy pulls the trigger - perhaps in an attempt to increase his skull's ability to have bullets richochet off it. This sadly does not happen, but the pistol is knocked askew. There is a ping! as a bullet bounces off a metal decoration on a mirror.

For a moment, it isn't terribly clear what has happened. Both seem unharmed, but as a trickle of blood makes its way down MrGuy's temple and he collapses on the floor, it would seem the the gunman's head was grazed with a bullet. Just the push he needed to send him unconscious. MrGuy has lost one health point, and has been removed from the duel.

Pharmacy froths, flails and gnashes her teeth quite successfully on the floor. Her fury fit and a lone streaker go completely unnoticed.

With only Woffles remaining on her side of the duel, it seems that the Hunted doesn't stand a chance.

However, a single shot and another collapse evens the scores a little.

TimeothyHour has lost one health point, and has been removed from the duel.

Team Woffles

- Woffles - 3(+1) Health Points
- Dragon Fogel - Indisposed
- MrGuy - Indisposed

Team Pharmacy

- Pharmacy - 2(+1) Health Points
- g0m - 3 Health Points
- TimeothyHour - Indisposed

Round 5 has begun. MrGuy and TimeothyHour may no longer post actions.

(I think we're probably nearly done with this odd intermission.)
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [DUEL: Round 5]
Pharmacy did the following action. To be honest, it is too stupid to place into mundane paragraph format. Regardless, this Hunter Duelist managed to find the incentive to make poetry on the spot.

Take out my pistol, take out my sword
Fuck this shit, I’m really bored
I just realized my prey's no game
To be honest, it’s just not the same
I am really annoyed, to be exact, pissed
Where is the adrenaline that I dearly missed
Regardless of time, regardless of chance
Tonight, I am going to make that g0m fucker dance

Pharmacy stabs g0m.
My partner is momentarily distracted by her comrade's cowardice, so I take advantage of the situation by taking a shot at the pair from afar, and hoping I'll hit something.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
A longshot, yes. However my action is To loudly declare that my allegiances have shifted and then I punch Pharmacy in the gut.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
The decorum of the duel has gone. Mechanically g0m is stabbed, just as a skull-shattering blow sinks into Pharmacy's stomach. The one who threw the punch attempts to shift his alignment but, in spite of his transgression, can't quite let go of his team just yet. Gunfire dances around them but never hits.

g0m and Pharmacy have lost a health point each.

Team Woffles

- MrGuy - Indisposed

Team Pharmacy

- Pharmacy - 1(+1) Health Points
- g0m - 2 Health Points

Round 6 has begun.
Arite. Gaining confidence, I punch Pharmacy mightily in the face and use her dazed body as a shield.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
I, as an incredible opportunist, take advantage of g0m's betrayal, and throw salt in the wound by firing several bullets in the wound.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [DUEL: Round 6]
Is she bothering you? Yes, she's bothering you. That makes you so pissed.

Retreat back and shoot Woffles in the head.
g0m's aim is true and Pharmacy's nose is broken. Blood pours down her face but she elbows free of his hold and staggers towards Woffles, pistol in an iron grip. She fires, but the shot misses.

Woffles also takes her aim, but she isn't so unfortunate.

Pharmacy has lost all of her health points. While she still has a team member left she survives only through sheer force of will, but if she should lose g0m and suffer one more blow, Pharmacy will die.

Team Woffles

- MrGuy - Indisposed

Team Pharmacy

- Pharmacy - 0(+1) Health Points - Endangered!

- g0m - 2 Health Points

Round 7 has begun.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [DUEL: Round 7]
Finally my odds start looking better. With g0m and Pharms in a struggle, chances are g0m will definitely won't see me coming. As Pharmacy continues her rabid onslaught, I leap in with my rapier as his back is turned.
I grab Pharmacy's body and bring it to Woffles' rapier, shielding me from stabbin'.
Pharmacy retreats back and switches g0m to be primary.

Pharmacy always had issues. She had plenty of issues. However, you do not need to have issues to know for sure, she had essentially lost -completely. It was almost exhilarating, but particularly shameful. Oh, how Woffles would never know how she felt. Little did the other two know, there was this psychotic smile on her face as she brought her pistol up and pressed it against her head. Time almost seemed to slow as she pulled the lock and wrap her finger around the trigger. Then,

Pharmacy shoots herself.
There is a scuffle, messy and insignificant. Whatever happens now, it is far, far too late. The star of the show goes unnoticed as she tilts her prized pistol towards her head. Before she can carry out her silent threat, however, a fighter darts from the struggle with a gleaming rapier in her hand. A brief moment passes in which the Hunted and the Hunter exchange glances. They both smile, perhaps a little bitterly, as steel meets blood and the deed is done.

She doesn't cry. She regrets nothing, only that it had to end here, and like this: messy, and insignificant. She allows herself a sigh.

And then she, Olivia Kay, the unstoppable Hunter, dies in the arms of her most bitter enemy.

Olivia Kay had only one passion and purpose: to duel the coward who wronged her not once, but twice. The first misdeed was an act of malice, and that was terrible enough, but the second act was the defining one: she fled before justice could be dealt by duel. And so Olivia Kay devoted her remaining life to settling the score and hunting down this transgressor known to some as Woffles.

Pharmacy would initiate the duel against the Hunted if they ever met at night: either by visiting the room that the Hunted lived in, or by visiting a room which the Hunted also visited on the same night. They could communicate at all times, but were not told each other's identities. Pharmacy was Third Party, but attained a half win for initiating the duel and thus dying with honour.

The Duel has ended. The Day Phase will begin shortly.
With the death of the duellist morning arrives, such as it always does. With the last wisps of night having been chased away, there is no alternative but to cover the body and go downstairs for whatever the day may bring.

The first thing to strike the guests is a tantalising smell, rich and delicious. Drawn onward as if in a dream, their cautious steps lead them unfailingly to the dining room where a feast has been laid out for them. It includes among it not the usual fare of breakfast, but an array of delicious meals: soups, meats (delicate cold cuts or sauce-drizzled dishes), savoury jellies, pates and a dozen other types of dish that you fail to find names for as you stare out at this vision. Each plate, each selection, is nothing short of perfectly arranged and made. The scent of the entire heaving table is beyond delectable and before anyone has even fully grasped the enormity of the feast, a good number have begun to eat.

The taste doesn't disappoint. Each bite is heavenly, if unusual. Everything has a flavour running through it that you can't quite place, but you are too caught up in delight to care much.

It is only when every last morsel has vanished from the table that everyone pauses and looks at one another. A few are visibly embarrassed by the sudden gluttony that overcame them, but they are quickly ignored as someone notices a silver cloche sitting quite innocently and undisturbed at the end of the table.

It takes only a moment to lift it up and find the note beneath. The words are formed from printed letters, torn from newspapers, magazines, and anything else the author could get their hands on.

'I hope that you enjoyed your meal. I spent such a long time preparing it, so it is a shame that Ixcaliber couldn't have been here as well – that is, in a form where they were fit to eat anything.

If you wondering what exact meat you were enjoying, I hope it isn't too difficult a guess by this point.

Either way, you'll find the bones in the kitchen.'

And so you do.

Ixcaliber was the Black and White Man. He lived in a murk of greyscale, having lost his colours a long time ago. It didn't take long for the things he touched to lose colour too, and soon everything he owned had slipped into shades of grey.

Even so, Ixcaliber could do more than just take colours. He could absorb them. And not only that, for once he plunged another into his greyscale world they would also lose their face and their memories, their personality and their talents to him. For a little less than a day the Greyscale Man could be a real person. But it would drain away, sooner or later.

Every night Ixcaliber would therefore be able to target someone who had died, and be able to use any actions or abilities they may have had. In addition to this, he would also be told who the person had targeted on previous nights. He was Town aligned.

With mounting horror the guests face the day, and once more discuss the issue of the noose.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft lynch. The day will end on 16 October, 7PM GMT.

(For clarity of flavour, all events written about in PMs took place before the duel unless I found reason to state otherwise.)
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [D3: Colourblind]
Okay so that chat last night that we were all in was quite informative ay?
We've got a lot to talk about, like Fogel's partner, Visionary's claim, Mirdini's claim, and the whole spat with Pines.
Still only one kill a night so unless we have an SK as unlucky as I was we've got a somewhat hefty scumteam all in all but we've got some stuff to get through.

I'd like to see more out of Sruixian today, and I hope that we can solve these issues fast and nice.
So I have my nice and shiny half-win! Yay! I have a new role now but because it involves some... wine, let's keep it belowdeck right now. Just don't target me quite yet and I'm sure we'll all be peaches.

Yes, a lot happened with nightchat. Just so we know though is there anyone who has NOT read up on nightchat yet? Does anyone require some quotes from there or is everyone allowed access?

Right now I sorta want to hear from a lot of people. Mirdi said he'd check for me and Pharmacy but that point is pretty moot right now. It does seem to carry the unfortunate implication that he won't be able to refer to me at all today? Am I reading that right? Mirdi's case is a bit um, caved in right now, now that VISIONARY, that fine bloke, claimed anonymously in our nightchat to have a guilty on Mirdi. Right now, not going to attach too much merit to that until the guy steps forward with a name. Don't claim right now with only one report though. Wait it out, see what happens, if I don't hear from you again you're affirming Mirdi as more town. (mirdi if this is you I swear)

Right now my main FoSsies are Watts and PL, but I'll have to read through the thread once or twice to build a firm case as to why. You'll hear more from me.

Fogel has a partner, allegedly, but I don't know why Sols is so darned interested in that one. Seems like someone wants more roles outed alright. Keeping my eye on you at least...

Speaking of partners, Wheatie, mind explaining what was up with you two? Ix described it as a romantic date but clearly you're not lovers. Did you learn anything in particular from Ix?
Fact Seagull Fact Seagull accosts more activity from lurkers!
Well. I don't really remember too much about anything right now. I was too excited by the duel.

As for the VISIONARY and the guilty on Miri, I'm not going to trust it too much until I get more information. Or Miri acts scummy.

Which I will find hard to do, as he played a pretty good scum in MSPAFAfia.
I was roleblocked last night. :c
And Mirdi's result of "g0m and tymthehour is linked" should not be taken lightly. Especially because of the lurkiness and bandwagonjumpiness of the two.

Vote: g0m
My "partner", who I mentioned in nightchat, is someone I fell in love with last night and had a tempmasoning with. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing that happened with Ix and Wheat.
Well then if and only if there is some repercussion to the role that says "no mafia partnering" then I think that lovermaker should claim. That would give us essentially three confirmed townies, along with me as, if you won't take my word, at the very least confirmed nonmafia.
Wait what about a lover maker makes people not scum.
I mean sure mafia able to make lovers and then murder them would be pretty overpowered but so was the triple lover pimp kill thing. This setup is madhatter tea good.

Anyway, Prof what flavor was your roleblock, was it the locked door one?

As for the visionary, I have (as I claimed in the night, just repeating myseld) figured out the dood.
I choose to keep their identity secret. In case they like, turn out to be a cop.
That'd really suck.

Mirdi your claim is weird and shiz, and no offence but until your flips I am never going to listen to any of your reports no matter what they say, just a heads up and all that.

Because that role would potentially keep you from voting(mentioning) two people at even a Mylo situation!

And that could ruin the game horribly. So I kinda doubt it's real :3
On the other hand Visionary until flip is in the same situation so no worries there.
Woffles Wrote:at the very least confirmed nonmafia.

It's been a long time since this game could be said to have been actually running, so remind me: how are you confirmed nonmafia? Granted, it'd be weird for a third-party to be a sort-of-lyncher for a mafia, but stranger things have happened and judging from the roles that have dropped so far (Especially Ix's), it's a pretty strange game.

I don't think it's likely you're mafia, but "confirmed" seems to be going a little far.
She is a confirmed third party, who would change win condition after the duel. So, this means, your alignment is now totally unconfirmed again!

And to Forge: Aye, my door got locked.
Yep, I'm all I claimed in nightchat and I still have my resutl of Times and g0m being linked "in a way".

Of course that's so ridiculously vague it could mean anything, and I'd certainly not treat it as any form of guilty unless one of them flips scum (in which case some rigorous investigating would hafta happen).

Solaris you said you'd suspect Times if PYP's flipped scum:

Solaris Wrote:If Pyps is mafia, then Sruixian is likely town.
If he's town, then I would think that Times is deserving of suspicions.

You still stand by that or?

Fogel/everyone in general, you should watch out about the messagemasoning if only because I'm getting flashbacks to my modfia role (though that one was town) where I could listen in on tempmasonchats I created, that'd be a pretty nasty scumrole but I could see it being a thing :I

Pinary you did explain your presumed reasons for being on every townlynch so far in the Star, and honestly I just don't find it very satisfactory!

Pinary Wrote:((response to D2 aggro by me))

g0m had done nothing but be mysterious with his "I can't tell you things at this time" votes, and I saw absolutely zero effort from him to be useful. You, on the other hand, had at least been making an effort to do things. Tea? He was part of a bigass back-and-forth that just went over my head. I'm not a mafia expert- the only impressions I got from the Tea-debate was that it was a load of nitpicking and sniping that set off no scum-alerts for me from either side.

((Pyp lynch accusation from me))

I was away camping. When I got back, I read over the thread, compiled some thoughts, and posted them. Pipe seemed scummy by the time I'd read to the end of D1, and others apparently thought the same. Yes, I was late to the wagon. It was either vote for someone I thought was scum or just sit by because other people were already voting for him, and I felt that maybe doing my part to help put some scum in the ground was the way to go. I'll probably do something similar tomorrow- read over D2 in one go, see what pops out at me, and drop my vote accordingly.

Your reasons for voting g0m still feel weak. Perhaps he has a vote-related power, perhaps he has some other reason, but generally people don't want to go claiming powers on d1 and voting them for being mysterious isn't particularly helpful when you just leave it at "vote: person for being mysterious" (as you did, since you didn't pressure g0m for the rest of the day).

The line of "others apparently thought the same" is rubbing me the wrong way for obvious reasons (a weak justification for being on his lynch, when you had stated reasons as to why you were on the lynch when you voted him that would presumably take precedence).

You were also mentioning Wojj and Pharms as scummy throughout D2, and now that they've been proven 3P I find that to be a wonderful distraction opportunity scum wouldn't pass up on (as I mentioned in my last post of the day yesterday).

Finally you never acknowledged PYP's response to your post voting him yesterday, despite having a day and a half to do so (you did post between his post and whoosh's dayend) which feels like you were going "oh I'll just let the lynch happen no need to post more stuff in response that I might slip with".

IN CONCLUSION I guess you feel scummy.

Would like to hear what you think of D2 now, though I also find it a pretty weird scumhunting method to base your late-in-the-day votes on the previous day's events :I

After all that wall I'd want to vote you if it weren't for (Vote:) TimeothyHour who uh is sticking out like a sore thumb on the Tea lynch if Fogel's presumably town, not to mention the PYP lynch (as is MrGuy on both, actually. If neither Times nor Guy're scum I'll be pretty baffled).