Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [D2: Interceptor Intercepted]
I read over the thread for what feels like the tenth time, and I finally thought of something to ask/contribute!

Woffles, you say you and the hunter (Pharms) go to other people's rooms and hide at night? Are you able to observe anything about the rooms at that time, such as who is in the rooms, what they do, or anything like that?

If so, regardless of whether you wind up meeting or going to separate rooms, if you girls visit someone else's room, you can then tell us what you observed! I'm guessing it'd be best if you didn't say whose rooms you were visiting, to keep them from planning around it, but if anyone has a better idea, please explain it ^-^
~◕ w◕~
I get the feeling that, if anything, it's a brief description or none at all. Likewise, people who are visited might get some hint that someone may have been in their rooms? Maybe?

Not sure who Woff visited and nobody has said anything about it sooo yeah. Or maybe instead of going into peoples' rooms they had that conversation.
Last night I visited Pinary's room to hide, completely at random. Other than some useless flavor I got nothing from the experience.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Wait, you went to Pinary's room? And you weren't told if he was in it or not? So, did you hide in the room before the night phase started, or something...?
~◕ w◕~
Mafia games are tend to be abstract, Whim.

Like the doctor does not know when he saved someone, and that to people can kill each other at the same time.

Although I am intrigued by the "useless" flavour.

Was it just "you succesfully hid", or something utterly trivial about Pinary?
Just "you successfully hid," about my suspenseful trip to Pinary's room and how I could hardly get some rest but at least the safety comforted me. Stuff like that.
I didn't have any indication that anyone had been in my room, and nothing in my flavour makes it strictly impossible that someone hid there.

I would like to know where Pharms was last night, though.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [T2: A Nightish Dawn?]
Soon enough, night was being ushered in. A little light remained in the sky, but it was quickly fading. A perceptive person may have noticed that this was not quite the case, perhaps, but everyone was preoccupied with the containment of their chosen victim. There was no one, not a single person, who might have been able to notice the growing light to the east.

Meanwhile, in the heart of the Last Resort, the last drinks of the day were consumed amongst uneasy conversation.

It is now Twilight. This will last for 24 hours or so. Pick Yer Poison may not talk in the duration of this phase.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [T2: A Nightish Dawn?]
Yea I'm sorry for being so latelate with this I've just been the BIGGEST PROCRASTINATOR forever :<

Okay, re-reading this game I think that Fogel, Wheat, and maybe Malky are town.
I find Whimbrel a bit too enthusiastic to be newbiescum.
Pines, forge, and Ix, I feel have been edging town, but not totally there.
Sruixian is okay, I'm a bit neutral but more town on him.
Same for Watts/Fresh.
Mirdini is a little bit less so, but in the sense that I didn't like him on day one, but I suppose that he's finish for now. I suppose.
I do not particularly like MrGuy.
PL I feel the worst about.
Pharms and Woffles are third parties and they are going to deal with their thing.

If Pyps is mafia, then Sruixian is likely town.
If he's town, then I would think that Times is deserving of suspicions.
I've regrettably still got, not a lot, and I apologize for my inactivity.
Hopefully I'll have more tomorrow :<
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [N2: A Broken Monolith]
And then, without decorum or hesitation, Pick Yer Poison is hanged.

Pick Yer Poison was Daniel DiCarlo, the head chef. Partially due to the technology available within the Last Resort but mainly because of his impressive skill, he took care of all catering and bar tending within the hotel. His true passion, however, was mixology. The cocktails that he created were of such a high standard that to drink one would temporarily boost the receivers abilities (although he noticed that this effect would tend to vanish dramatically over the course of the following drinks, naturally). He had the ability to give out one of these cocktails to a person of his choosing each night, and any night actions or powers of the drinker would be increased. Pick Yer Poison therefore was a Monolith, and was Town aligned.

The daily death having been taken care of, all the residents began to wander back to their rooms.

In spite of this, their passage was soon halted.

One by one the guests turned and noticed the bright light to the east, most of them for the first time. Now, however, it was no mere glow. A new blazing sun, twenty times as large as the normal one was perceived to be, filled the night sky. It seared white hot, demanding the attention of all those below. They could feel the burning heat on their faces, a heat they knew would be capable of burning the flesh from their bones if it wanted to.

Fortunately, it did not.

Instead the new sun stretched even further across the sky, which still remained dark at the untouched edges. Even so, the duskiness quickly drained away into the burning light, sucked inwards as if dragged into the bright opposite of a black hole.

And then it was gone.

As if it had never been there, the stars twinkled peacefully amongst the blessed blackness of the night. All the same, the guests knew that something had been taken.

The Night phase has begun. Due to the effect of the Sun, night has been shortened to four days and as such will end on 16 September, 8PM GMT.

SpoilerShow
[Image: Byot4.gif]
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Don't forget to check QTs. I'll probably opt to put semi-important information in them, but keep sending important information in both PMs and QTs so as not to penalise people for my lousy organisation. (Although if you don't want the spam you can specify which one you prefer.)
Insufficient Fresh is being replaced by SleepingOrange.
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [DUEL]
Once, there was a duellist of fear and a duellist of passion. Their fates were entwined through a single fell act, one that was now barely remembered. All that mattered was the result: a duel must take place.

The one full of fear ran into the night, determined to neither die nor spill the blood of their foe. Accordingly, the one full of passion responded with bloody pursuit. None would stand in the latter duellist's path as they sought their twisted justice, and for years the fearful one remained alive but in terror of the even the shadows.

Now, at last, there will be an end to the story of the duellists.

Their paths have crossed, in the gleaming halls of the Last Resort, just as the first rays of day appear.

With sword and with pistol they will fight, until only one of them may stand to greet the new day.

_ _ _

The first indication that anything had happened was the scream.

Even in at the celestial banquet it was heard. All at once the guests of the Last Resort came running, shedding the porcelain masks and fine clothes in an instant. Bursting from silvery light into grey reality, everyone found themselves gathered in the room of TimeothyHour.

He himself was pressed into a corner, attempting to distance himself as much as possible from the crazy women brandishing swords and guns who had appeared. Fortunately for him, they only had eyes for each other. Their gazes shared a mad, gleeful gleam and their teeth were bared in grins.

The Duel had begun.

_ _ _

The Night has ended, but the Day will not begin until the Duel has been concluded. The rules of this incident are as follows:

1. The two (2) primary people fighting are Woffles and Pharmacy, and only one of them will die.
2. However, each may recruit two (2) Secondary Fighters. These will be the first four (4) people to claim a spot, and they must choose either Woffles and Pharmacy to ally themselves with. There may be a reward of some form for the team that wins. There will therefore be six (6) people playing.
3. Once the two (2) teams have been formed, each person involved must submit an action in form of words, describing what they do in the duel. This may be as detailed as they want, but must be less than 100 words. This is essentially roleplaying, but with the focus on the actions. Actions must be bolded and in the colour of the team (this will be provided).
4. Once everyone in the teams has submitted one (1) action, the round will be concluded and I will post the results. How exactly these are determined will be kept secret, but will be fair. Each person has three (3) health points, and once these are depleted they will be unable to fight but will not be dead, unless they are the Primary Fighter. Once the two (2) Secondary Fighters on a team are indisposed, their Primary Fighter will only need to lose one more hit point (in addition to the three they start the fight with) before they die. So a Primary Fighter may lose all their hitpoints but not die if they still have a person on their team. If this person is then indisposed, the Primary Fighter must be hit one more time before they die.
5. Weapons are whatever you would imagine you could find within the hotel. Woffles and Pharmacy each have two (2) duelling pistols and one (1) rapier, which they may choose to distribute within their actions.
6. The fight will begin in the hotel room, but this is fairly large. It may also have multiple rooms with different functions and items in them, and if the players so wish they may move out into whatever areas of the hotel lie beyond the room door.
7. Everyone may post, but unless they are submitting an action or signing up to join a team they must use spoiler tags. Teams may talk to each other via spoilered posts in the thread, but by no other means.
8. If you're playing: make it awesome.

That's it. Sign ups for teams are in progress. If clarification is needed, please ask.

Team Woffles

1. Woffles
2. Dragon Fogel
3. MrGuy

Team Pharmacy

1. Pharmacy
2. g0m
3. TimeothyHour
This is weird.

I guess I'm signing up, just to see what happens?
Oh right, I pick a team.

Stick me on Team Wojj, I guess.
I barely have an idea of what this is. Put me on Team Pharmacy and I'll be sure to post a bunch, probably!
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
Guys maybe we should ask Woff and Pharms how they planned to fix it.

If we can. Can they talk?
SpoilerShow

Well dang, never mind that then. I'll sign up for Woff's team.
This is all happening in my room, so I'd like to claim a spot on Pharm's team.
The sign-ups are now full. I haven't got Woff's team colour yet, but you can begin to submit actions if you want. Remember to bold and colour them (Pharmacy's team colour is #FF0000).

Any other posts must be in spoilers.

Good luck!
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

A lamp is thrown.
SpoilerShow

With immense speed I grab DragonFogel and hold him hostage in front of me. With my gun, I flicker between aiming at Pharmacy or my hostage. "I'm not going down like this, you hear me! This resort was gonna save me!"

I press through the crowd, seeking cover amongst numbers and plea Pharmacy to save my life and point her gun at her comrades. "They're aligned, Mirdini proved, and they suddenly aid you to kill me! Murderers! Don't be like them... I can't stand seeing you like this, Pharmacy..."

"Not when I've fallen in love with you. Not now."

SpoilerShow
Unfortunately for her prey, the Hunter Duelist was not interested in the ecstatic touch of the female sex. She preferred the adrenaline of the pursuit to the estrogen of coitus, so technically she is duel-sexual? Is even a thing?

Regardless, Pharmacy was not exactly had a reputation for listening or patience. As soon as she heard the words "they're aligned," the duelist immediately jumped to the admittedly brash conclusion of "they're" being her so-called allies, and "aligned" meaning they being in cahoots with Mirdini. Angry that her duel-boner was being disrupted, Pharmacy immediately took her duelling pistol and decided to cap g0m.
Edward Marsch rushes forward and launches a tackle at Pharmacy, muttering expletives to himself at the moment of contact. He then began grappling with the Hunter Duelist's gun; as he did so, he glanced pointedly between the two duelists repeatedly, as if trying to figure out if he'd just totally boned himself.

SpoilerShow