Post making contest 6.0

Post making contest 6.0
RE: Post making contest 6.0
(10-20-2017, 06:47 PM)Akumu Wrote: »~rat~, `ox`, !tiger!, @rabbit@, #dragon#, $snake$, %horse%, ^sheep^, &monkey&, *rooster*, (dog), _pig_

-left-, +right+, =center=, {top}, [bottom], |forward|, \backward\, :ana:, ;kata;

"Ixcaliber", 'Wheat', <Myeth>, .Schazer., ?Dragon Fogel?, /Reyweld/, (Akumu(, )Robust Laser), {Kíeros{, }SinkingSailor}, [a52[, ]Arcanuse]

DuckreportDrudgerepondMcCoffeeAw beans!RaaaaageSchadenfruitMeloncholyMeloncoolyThis post is now a ghost postMelonspaSanji no miIt's Larry!Thank You, PleaseCrying EagleMinionWhoaAgenfaceFact Seagull

post post post post post post post post post post post

and just in case: rainbow

Passes rules 1, 2, 3 and 5.
Rule 4 is a wily one
I can't believe Dr. Wily was behind the Post Making Contest the whole time.
What do you use when you need to demonstrate two separate relationships over a period of time?

Paragraphs!
(10-20-2017, 07:04 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Rule 4 is a wily one

Rule 4 is something. No rules.

(10-20-2017, 07:06 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I can't believe Dr. Wily was behind the Post Making Contest the whole time.

My god what a shocking turn of events. No rules.

(10-23-2017, 04:48 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(10-20-2017, 05:58 PM)Akumu Wrote: »rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, pig

left, right, center, top, bottom, forward, backward, ana, kata

~ ` ! @ # $ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ - + = { [ } ] | \ : ; " ' < , > . ? /

Ixcaliber, Wheat, Myeth, Schazer, Dragon, Fogel, Reyweld, Akumu, Robust Laser, Kíeros, SinkingSailor, a52, Arcanuse

[
DuckreportDrudgerepondMcCoffeeAw beans!RaaaaageSchadenfruitMeloncholyMeloncoolyThis post is now a ghost postMelonspaSanji no miIt's Larry!Thank You, PleaseCrying EagleMinionWhoaAgenfaceFact Seagull

This is what I call a small paragraph. It's not very long.

Right here, though, is something else. It's what we in 'the business' call a longer paragraph. It has more lines than the other paragraph!

Rules 1, 3 and 5

(10-23-2017, 05:44 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »What do you use when you need to demonstrate two separate relationships over a period of time?

Paragraphs!

Might have chuckled. Passes rule 4.

(10-23-2017, 06:50 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Paragraphs!

What you use when you need to demonstrate two separate relationships over a period of time.

Passes no rules

(10-26-2017, 08:41 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(10-19-2017, 07:18 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Passes rule 1.

Also look rule 4 isn't exactly a five-star rule. I'd advise focusing on rule 2 and 5 and honestly if you get them i'd probably just give you rule 4.

Akumu's post passed everything but rule 4.

Maybe it could pass it on second inspection. especially if i 'gave you' one of these.... [slides you a one hundred pound note and 30 canadian dollars] It's Larry! c:

Passes rules 2 and 4.

What I meant was more along the lines of 'if you understand/can repeatably pass rules 2 and 5 and there's a post that has 1, 2, 3 and 5 then I'd just give you the thing. That one post is very close but it wouldn't pass rule 2 at the moment if I was to try reevaluating it.
I completely forget where we were with any plans we may have been attempting.

So instead i'M GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER HAIKU and also accidentally hit caps lock, whoops.

This is a haiku,
It is another haiku,
Also a haiku
Nobody seems to know what rule 2 is
Obviously I should give a hint
(10-31-2017, 02:50 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I completely forget where we were with any plans we may have been attempting.

So instead i'M GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER HAIKU and also accidentally hit caps lock, whoops.

This is a haiku,
It is another haiku,
Also a haiku

Passes no rules

(11-22-2017, 01:20 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Nobody seems to know what rule 2 is

Passes rule 2

(11-22-2017, 01:21 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Obviously I should give a hint

Passes rule 2
(10-26-2017, 08:41 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(10-19-2017, 07:18 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Passes rule 1.

Also look rule 4 isn't exactly a five-star rule. I'd advise focusing on rule 2 and 5 and honestly if you get them i'd probably just give you rule 4.

Akumu's post passed everything but rule 4.

Maybe it could pass it on second inspection. especially if i 'gave you' one of these.... [slides you a one hundred pound note and 30 canadian dollars] It's Larry! c:

CORRECTION IT TURNS OUT WHEAT'S POST DID PASS RULE 1.
~rat~, `ox`, !tiger!, @rabbit@, #dragon#, $snake$, %horse%, ^sheep^, &monkey&, *rooster*, (dog), _pig_

-left-, +right+, =center=, {top}, [bottom], |forward|, \backward\, :ana:, ;kata;

"Ixcaliber", 'Wheat', <Myeth>, .Schazer., ?Dragon Fogel?, /Reyweld/, (Akumu(, )Robust Laser), {Kíeros{, }SinkingSailor}, [a52[, ]Arcanuse]

(11-22-2017, 01:32 PM)Akumu Wrote: »~rat~, `ox`, !tiger!, @rabbit@, #dragon#, $snake$, %horse%, ^sheep^, &monkey&, *rooster*, (dog), _pig_

Passes all the rules!!!!!
Here were the rules

1. Post must include the number 1 if it is the first time this rule is passed or the number 1 higher than the last time this rule was passed. The current number was 31.
2. A sentence inside the post must begin with the letter A if it is the first time this rule is passed or the next letter alphabetically from the last time this rule was passed. Sentences are demarked by full stops or line breaks. The current letter was P.
3. Post must include the colour red if it is the first time this rule is passed or the next colour in the sequence red-orange-yellow-green-blue-purple from the last time this rule was passed. The current colour was orange. (see previous discussion as to why indigo isn't a real colour imo)
4. Post must include in order all the letters of the first arcana Fool or the next arcana in sequence from the last time this rule was passed. The current arcana was Magician.
5. Post must include the username of the last person to pass rule 5.
Hooray! Now, in honor of the upcoming holiday, I will judge your posts against a new ruleset of my own devising.
Thank you Akumu for allowing me to clean my whiteboard

worm
(11-22-2017, 03:16 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Thank you Akumu for allowing me to clean my whiteboard

You're welcome! This post passes rule 2, and it came amazingly close to passing rule 5, which is probably the hardest rule.
i should probably change my bike tube before i have to leave for work
(11-22-2017, 04:52 PM)Robust Laser Wrote: »i should probably change my bike tube before i have to leave for work

This post passes rules 2 and 3.
0​ω​0
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
(11-22-2017, 05:33 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »0​ω​0

What's this? This post passes no rules rule 4!
A random variable is said to have a zeta (sometimes called the Zipf) distribution if its probability mass function is given by
P(X=k)=C/kα+1 k=1,2,...
for some value of α>0. Since the sum of the foregoing probabilities must equal 1, it follows that
C=[∑(1/k)α+1]-1
The zeta distribution owes its name to the fact that the function
ζ(s)=1+(1/2)s+(1/3)s+...+(1/k)s+...
is known in mathematical disciplines as the Riemann zeta function (after the German mathematician G.F.B. Riemann).
The zeta distribution was used by the Italian economist V. Pareto to describe the distribution of the family incomes in a given country. However, it was G.K. Zipf who applied zeta distribution to a wide variety of problems in different areas and, in doing so, popularised its use.[/quote]Good math! I'm so impressed that this passes all the rules, at least if you give me more math.[quote="Kíeros"]A very important property of expectations is that the expected value of a sum of random variables is equal to the sum of their expectations. In this section, we will prove this result under the assumption that the set of possible values of the probability experiment--that is, the sample space S--is either finite or countably infinite. Although the result is true without this assumption (and a proof is outlined in the theoretical exercises), not only will the assumption simplify the argument, but it will also result in an enlightening proof that will add to our intuition about expectations. So, for the remainder of this section, suppose that the sample space S is either a finite or a countably infinite set.
For a random variable X, let X(s) denote the value of X when sS is the outcome of the experiment. Now, if X and Y are both random variables, then so is their sum. That is, Z=X+Y is also a random variable. Moreover, Z(s)=X(s)+Y(s).
(11-22-2017, 06:18 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »A random variable is said to have a zeta (sometimes called the Zipf) distribution if its probability mass function is given by
P(X=k)=C/kα+1 k=1,2,...
for some value of α>0. Since the sum of the foregoing probabilities must equal 1, it follows that
C=[∑(1/k)α+1]-1
The zeta distribution owes its name to the fact that the function
ζ(s)=1+(1/2)s+(1/3)s+...+(1/k)s+...
is known in mathematical disciplines as the Riemann zeta function (after the German mathematician G.F.B. Riemann).
The zeta distribution was used by the Italian economist V. Pareto to describe the distribution of the family incomes in a given country. However, it was G.K. Zipf who applied zeta distribution to a wide variety of problems in different areas and, in doing so, popularised its use.[noparse]
Good math! I'm so impressed that this passes all the rules, at least if you give me more math.
Kíeros Wrote:[/noparse]A very important property of expectations is that the expected value of a sum of random variables is equal to the sum of their expectations. In this section, we will prove this result under the assumption that the set of possible values of the probability experiment--that is, the sample space S--is either finite or countably infinite. Although the result is true without this assumption (and a proof is outlined in the theoretical exercises), not only will the assumption simplify the argument, but it will also result in an enlightening proof that will add to our intuition about expectations. So, for the remainder of this section, suppose that the sample space S is either a finite or a countably infinite set.
For a random variable X, let X(s) denote the value of X when sS is the outcome of the experiment. Now, if X and Y are both random variables, then so is their sum. That is, Z=X+Y is also a random variable. Moreover, Z(s)=X(s)+Y(s).

This post passes rules 1, 2, and 3. Don't you think I am onto your tricks by now, Kíeros?

Edit: On further review, post #1727 also passed rule 3.
(11-22-2017, 06:34 PM)Akumu Wrote: »This post passes rules 1, 2, and 3. Don't you think I am onto your tricks by now, Kíeros?
No?
(11-22-2017, 06:43 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(11-22-2017, 06:34 PM)Akumu Wrote: »This post passes rules 1, 2, and 3. Don't you think I am onto your tricks by now, Kíeros?
No?

This unsuccessful post passes rules 2 and 3.
Are you sure you don't wanna click these links?