Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Computer miraculous works again upon mere inspection by my brother.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I have floor space again!!!!

Actually getting around to using it will probably take until next weekend, but I finally got rid of Shit Old Couch so now former Raised Surface Occupying The Centre Of My Apartment has been mercifully shifted over.

Gotta get my assorted stacks of craft supplies in order but now I actually have space to move in again <3
I have a huge crush on someone -w-

Just thinking about it feels silly, i feel like a little prepubescent kid again!

I know it's pretty dumb and cliché but seriously, i hadn't had an actual, real crush that wasn't just physical/platonic attraction since i was like 15, that's like almost 10 years ago! Enough time to forget how a certain emotion feels, i'm smiling right now because i can't believe this bullshit actually happens to people and isn't just the stupid fabricated nonsense you see in movies that overly emotional and clingy people claimed was the best shit ever.
I think i'm actually more excited about the fact that i'm experiencing this emotion as an adult, when i can appreciate it, rather than the actual act of being in love or whatever, it's pretty fucking stupid! But i can't stop giggling every time i'm reminded about it, which is really often.

Plus, i'm very very lucky because circumstances allow me to spend a lot of time with her and will continue to do so for a short while, i'm having a whole lot of fun! Even though she's in a relationship i really don't care much about it; just being friends and hang out a lot is so good already, and it's like, i'm actually happy about the drama that comes with the relationship thing, i get kinda sad when i think about it and then i crack up internally because it's so dumb, sounds extremely stupid but that's just because it is. My only worry is that maybe the novelty will fade and shit will get too real and i'll feel depressed but whatever, it'll be worth it.

There's a lot more details to tell but i'm very glad i can spew this malarkey here because holy shit i'd never do it anywhere else.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Well she cuet but she not anime, i still call her senpai tho
The book i'm in is available for preorder! Only a few months now and i'll have a copy :D

Also i sorted out some study stuff today, and i'm being weaned off of my hell meds and onto some others which are already having a significant effect. Woo!
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
I had a day so good today, it didn't even feel like a work day.

I did a lot of good shit but my crowning achievement was probably blacking out a classroon's uppermost windows while bilingually singing Let It Go to a rapt class of first years.
I'M RE-HIRED
For the first time my family will not celebrate Christmas at all! It's a Christmas miracle everybody! Maybe dad will grill some chicken or something and we'll have dinner in our house at most, that's like a normal weekend! EZ PZ. Although i'm sure everyone in the neighborhood will make a lot of noise with music and karaokes and yelling but again, that's a normal weekend.
This month has gone by so freaking fast and i'm very happy about it because i really really hate December.

]spoiler] Also, in more uncomfortably personal matters, i'm unreasonably happy because i don't have a crush anymore (she's alive, i just don't like her at all anymore) and i'm back to my regular apathetic self. Hopefully i don't ever get the urge to publicize something similar in the future because it's hella embarrassing and cringy to read it later.[/spoiler]
You must be registered to view this content.
I was puttering around my kitchen this morning and it occurred to me to remember a lot of the really good times I've had with people in this community and ones we've left behind, especially at times when things otherwise weren't great. I'm really grateful for that, and still care and think a lot about people from here even though I mostly do it from a distance these days. I'm glad of that, and I'm glad to have met so many of you, and this is a nice feeling to savor.

Thanks for being cool, Eagles.
crossposting from tumblr but: I got back from my first grad school interviews and they went really well! so I might actually stand a chance of fulfilling my dream of becoming an actual scientist!
i hope that you do that so you can be the Official Big Nerd and also buy that shirt from the game grumps that says you have a phd
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
My classes (assuming i get in) are supposed to start around the 29th, and after a bit of panicking + the school losing my application somehow they've finally contacted me for an interview re: starting in second year because of previous qualifications. I can breathe a little easier :v
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Today was amazing. I found and ate a chocolate heart, I got free time in three of my four periods (and my last one was just watching youtube videos), I played Smash Bros at my club, My earbuds magically are fixed, and a really sweet guy offered me a bus ticket. I am ECSTATIC!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
A few weeks ago I off-handedly mentioned to my three youngest siblings that I was bi, and they were all cool and supportive and didn't make a big deal about it, and then we all moved on to making fun of Donald Trump for the next ten minutes or so.

So basically they're already way better people than I remember being at their ages, which granted isn't exactly a high bar to reach, but I'm still happy and proud of them anyway.
My brother fixed my code almost instantly! Also now I know about browser console.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
The last two days have been a comparative flurry of shit-shooting, catching up, and generally being social and chattery around webfriends, with barely any sense that it may have been months since we last talked that in-depth.

I've initiated more conversations in the last two days than I've possibly done the rest of the year so far? It feels pretty great and I love people and I'm gonna be spending a long weekend with one of my most important people.

#the mspafa discourse is mostly to blame for this and I couldn't be happier right now.
I went to a rave tonight and it was brilliant. I met lots of cool people and I really feel like I managed to recenter myself, if that makes any sense. I was really worried about life and about uni and everything and just going out to have some fun and just be awesome was a real help to reminding me that mental health is important too.
My friend bought a pack of these cocain-coated bites of heaven,
[Image: DVbCvCH.jpg]
but he didn't like them so he gave the whole package to me instead. It was totally worth the stomach ache.
Even though I'm bummed out about going home for spring break tomorrow I get to spend most of today just hanging out with the boyf and getting my daily assortment of smooches hehe! And I get to see my sister and her fiance when I get back to my hometown- along with their cat!
(03-05-2016, 04:44 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »I went to a rave tonight and it was brilliant. I met lots of cool people and I really feel like I managed to recenter myself, if that makes any sense. I was really worried about life and about uni and everything and just going out to have some fun and just be awesome was a real help to reminding me that mental health is important too.

This post sponsored by Tequila
Deens and I went to a good gallery, there was a photography school's annual exhibition and we tried matching photos to different friends' tumblr reblog aesthetics

Then we played some Pokken, and are hitting up our favourite tempura place in Fukuoka

A good day
Several weeks ago, my bakery experienced a severe labor hours cut. Severe severe. Even after reducing most employees to a schedule of 24-32 hours a week (from the 32-40+ they had before the cut), there was still not enough time to go around, and as the newest hire, I was the low man on the totem pole: my manager sat me down and said her choices were essentially to lay me off or transfer me to another bakery. I was very apprehensive about that, given that I would be leaving most of the people I know and likely having a completely different job description and schedule. I wasn't just apprehensive, I was frightened, and worried for the livelihoods of myself and my now-ex coworkers.

Since then, though, it has proven to be an amazing change: my new manager was the head decorator at my first bakery (the one that was closed by corporate) and who has since gone out of her way several times to help make sure I and the other people who got shafted by the closure had jobs and prospects even though I'd only known her for a month when it happened; I'm now a full-fledged baker instead of primarily being a donut fryer, and while I was worried I would miss the expression of a skill I had taken great pride in developing and got satisfaction in doing, I get even greater satisfaction from what I'm doing now and get to develop new skills and tricks every day; as our only trained baker (the other employees being decorators and sales personnel) and having a pleasant personal and professional relationship with my manager, I am given much greater latitude in making production and style decisions than I've ever been before, and I'm able to see every day the things I make as an expression of my craft and the people who enjoy them, both of which bring me great happiness; my job is something I enjoy a lot but don't have to live in when I'm not there. It is all very good.

It's also a reflective microcosm of my whole life right now. I'm rediscovering things I used to love but felt shamed into abandoning years ago, I've made enormous strides in personal acceptance and self-love which are things I struggle greatly with, I have healthy and emotionally satisfying relationships with the important people in my life. I am at a baseline of contentment for the first time in my life, which I enjoy even more because as a person I was born and raised to have unhappiness in my blood and bones; it's taken years of struggle and work and drugs and setbacks to reach my current state of personal enlightenment, and reaching it brings me great and consistent joy, especially following the understanding that even that enlightenment, like all things, is mutable and transient.

I am well, and things are good, and I can finally live for myself while living for others. I am so happy, and even when I'm not I can still see that happiness and I know the gnawing void at the core of me is no more valid and true than the wellness I've achieved and will again. Life is such a wonderfully chaotic experience.

I'm also literally draped in pearls and jasper right now and have a tourmaline in my hand, so that helps. I love the look and feel (and honestly sometimes taste) of gems and minerals~
wait wait. so. the bakery was closed still b.c of that truck driver.

According to the laws of causality, I must conclude that people must have more traffic accidents to create great life stories like yours! Melonspa

I call it... the Drive Drive! It's an annual drive where people just... drive and see what comes their way.

Even if it's another driver.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
As a representitive of RADD, Reyweld against Drive Drive, I have to say that that is is a terrible name name. A better name would be "the Indifferent Drive", so that my acronym can be a real word and not just pretending.

((On a serious note: I'm so happy for you! I love reading this thread because then I know my internet friends have the good feels.))
Sig:
SpoilerShow