Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [D2: Interceptor Intercepted]
Hm.

Well, Fogel, could you at least tell us whether the cocktail was detrimental to your role or beneficial? I would guess it didn't do anything good, but it's good to ask.
All my points on Pinary yesterday still stand. I flipping said the tealynch was a wagon not to be trusted (QE: Sadly I was /afk for the dayend so I wasn't around to stop the wagon @_@). And then he just disappeared completely after justifying the votehop with what feels to me like some pretty flimsy reasoning.

Vote: Pinary
Somebody locked me in my room last night. The old "Lock the door, leave the key in so they can't use their own" trick.
Urgh. That certainly wasn't the best result.

I'm not going to vote for anyone yet. I want to listen to more people's opinions and insights before I make a conclusive decision. I also might go back and read through day 1's discussion to see if I can pick that discussion apart in retrospect. So right now I guess I'm abstaining voting until I have more information.
MalkyTop Wrote:Hm.

Well, Fogel, could you at least tell us whether the cocktail was detrimental to your role or beneficial? I would guess it didn't do anything good, but it's good to ask.

It was helpful, actually. I just don't want to say precisely how because I don't see much benefit to claiming.
Okay. Not quite sure how a cocktail'd be used to do good, but I suppose I shouldn't try to guess.

So we got someone handing out cocktails and, according to Forge, a roleblocker.

I do believe that there are supposed to be no vanilla roles, so I'm guessing there are probably multiple cops, docs, blah blah blah. So was anybody else roleblocked? I would find it hard to believe that there's just one.
A Single Vote

Pinary - (1) - Mirdini

(Abstaining - 17 - Solaris, MrGuy, Dragon Fogel, TimeothyHour, Wheat, Pinary, Woffles, MalkyTop, Sruixan, ProfessorLizzard, Ixcaliber, Drakenforge, Pick Yer Poison, Whimbrel, Insufficient Fresh, Pharmacy, g0m)
Okay well I'm gonna go off a tangent and claim. I'm the hunted. I'm a third-party survivor who is getting chased down by someone else, and has to outlive them either until the game is over or until my hunter dies in any way or the other.

My role states I get a full win if I live until the end of the game. Were we to meet each other at night (we each visit people at night and hide in their rooms, I'm not sure if it has any effect on the players) we proceed to have a duel. If I were to win that duel, I get a half-win and a new wincon to get me a full win. My partner said this is also the case for him, and he accepted my offer of rigging the duel so we can both get a half-win, possible full win if we were to meet.

This does have some interesting consequences for town though. If I and the hunter both claim we get two essentially cleared third parties, which might be useful in tough spots.

I don't know who my hunter is. If he wants to claim and get confirmed town (or at least confirmed not-mafia) I would urge him to do so.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Wait wait wait, hold on a minute, who's this 'partner' you mentioned? Another Hunted you met? Or did you chat with the person you hid with or....what? And why do you have to duel him if you only have to duel the hunter if you meet...? Or do fellow hunted duel each other?

I'm a bit confused here. Can you clarify?
MalkyTop Wrote:Wait wait wait, hold on a minute, who's this 'partner' you mentioned? Another Hunted you met? Or did you chat with the person you hid with or....what? And why do you have to duel him if you only have to duel the hunter if you meet...? Or do fellow hunted duel each other?

I'm a bit confused here. Can you clarify?

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing, could you please clarify? I'm confused about the mention of a partner, too.
Suddenly helpful third party claim.

Actually, I would rather lynch Woffles. If she is telling the truth, the other hunter will get a new wincon!

Although depending who is the hunter, the lynch target would be decided between which one of them is more helpful.

Will the other hunter stand up please?
However, I strongly agree with Mirdini. Although yesterday I was not really sure, reading it again I am positive we are having a towndini. : D
Partner in any occurence probably refers to the hunter. I was given the option to talk to him overnight, and that's when we agreed on rigging the duel I mentioned.

PL, the hunter doesn't get a new wincon when you lynch me. If you do, the hunter gets a full win, and depending on the mod escapes the last resort (having finished what he was here for to begin with) or sticks around as confirmed town for the mafia to waste a nightkill (which for someone who has already won is as overpowered as unlikely)

I mostly want the hunter to claim because I want to arrange a meeting. If we are giving me the win of the duel regardless it's best to get the duel out of the way soon enough, because then we have most of the game to turn our half-win into a full win. As a side effect of the claim, it confirms both of us as intermittent town as long as we're still trying to get a duel, which in the best case would be for today only.
ProfessorLizzard Wrote:However, I strongly agree with Mirdini. Although yesterday I was not really sure, reading it again I am positive we are having a towndini. : D

Shhhhh don't jinx it! Towndini always dies always always always!
That...hm...

Okay, what's the reasoning behind being able to talk to the person who wants to fight you? I really am curious. It just doesn't make sense to me. At all. Unless this is a usual 'hunter-hunted' thing?
MalkyTop Wrote:That...hm...

Okay, what's the reasoning behind being able to talk to the person who wants to fight you? I really am curious. It just doesn't make sense to me. At all. Unless this is a usual 'hunter-hunted' thing?

I am as confused as you are. It made no sense to me either, but It works in the flavor of my Role PM. Which I of course won't quote.
So... yeah... last night Wheat and I had a romantic rendezvous and he told me stories about fish into the late hours. It was magical. <3

...Also kind of ick, but nevermind that.

We also shared suspicions and I'm inclined to agree with him that pyps late in the day tirade attempting to convince everyone to vote Tea was suspect.

I'm really suspicious of Times, who leapt straight onto my vote and then didn't contribute throughout the rest of the day except to defend himself from Tea's suspicion. The same goes for Guy but for a lesser extent. I'm inclined to agree with Wheats that pyps sudden late in the day tirade is a little suspect, but I need a reread before I'm putting any votes down.
this has been another thrilling installment of Ix Fucks Shit Up.

Meloncholy
Wheat that is the most amazing puncode I've ever read.
I'm here now so everyone can calm the fuck down

I have no idea what this hunter thing is

Is it at all likely that the hunter will claim? I mean I don't see what's in it for them 100%
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
g0m Wrote:Is it at all likely that the hunter will claim? I mean I don't see what's in it for them 100%

Half-win, town clear, potential full win. I dunno, the deal is pretty attractive to both of us.
Ah right, I wasn't sure if jointing was possible.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
I don't really agree with you PL!
I think that you are jumping to conclusions a bit too fast, also, I don't like the way you said that actually.
You agree with Mirdini and thinks he's town, but then you don't vote with him!

As for sir dindin, he's been focusing on Pines for a while now, and I find that a bit odd!
Also the tone from that "too bad i wasnt here to stop tea from being lynched" just irks me.

In regards to: wojjie duelist, I'm fine with keeping her, having her and the hunter deal with this in the night would be preferable to lynching one.
In regards to: tea-wagon, I agree with Mr. Thins that PYP has a high probability of being a scum on that lynch.

While I am with you in spirit, I would much prefer to Lynch: ProfessorLizzard
I'm not at all thrilled that Tea was town, and a doctor at that, but it was a Day One lynch. I was working under the impression that it was better to lynch D1 than to abstain, so I looked at what I could see and tried to figure out who looked scummiest. I came up with Tea because his arguments were shaky and he was doing what looked a bit like buddying with Sruixan. And if I recall correctly, my argument didn't do much of making people switch to Tea; that was more the rapidly approaching deadline combined with Tea happening to have the most votes at the time.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more from Pinary. I think Mirdini has a good point about his suspicious behavior earlier, but it's not enough to condemn him yet. After all, we have a full (game) day to hear his arguments.

As for Wojj...mind explaining why you winning the duel with your hunter would be good for him/her? How's the victor decided? Does it not end with one of you dying?
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
So, I've thought things over a bit, looked through the thread, and I have some thoughts.

Woff's roleclaim is kind of suspicious in my eyes. The explanation of some aspects of the role were fumbled, which I admit probably have coloured my thoughts that the roleclaim might be total BS. It just seems to me a really good way to have two mafias cleared as third party, especially considering the roles don't effect anything more than each other. On the other hand, her (his? If I have the pronoun wrong I apologize.) posts haven't been particularity scummy before this, and the claim might very well be legit. Right now I'm going to wait and see who claims to be the hunter before I make a conclusive decision.

I also agree that the way mirdini has been going after pines is odd, if not suspicious, but not enough for me to vote just yet.

Who IS suspicious enough for me to vote for, however, is pickyerpoison. I reread the alleged too-long post that pyps made right before tea was lynched, and my problem with it is not just the length, but also the content of the post.

Pyp's main reasoning for voting tea was that tea was covering for sruix, and that if tea was town he'd seriously reconsider his suspicions about sruix. That argument, in my opinion, comes off as an attempt to clear sruix of suspicion by a fellow mafia. So, right now, I'm going to vote for pyps for the really suspicious post and say sruixian is definitely someone I'm watching for more suspicious activity.

I should also address ix's accusation. I didn't really have a whole lot of opinions day 1 besides randomvoting tea and concluding tea was the scummiest candidate at the time, mainly because we didn't have a whole lot of info. So, I ended up only communicating those opinions. Now that I have more info flying around, I can construct more opinions, and therefore I'm probably going to end up posting and analyzing more, and hopefully be able to construct a fairly accurate big picture.

Anyway, its late, typing on a tablet is terrible, and I don't have anything else to say right now, so I'm going to end this post here.