Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 9: Pokemon Reverse Sheep QUESTIONS CLOSED)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 9: Pokemon Reverse Sheep QUESTIONS CLOSED)
RE: Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 2 "The Shearing" RESULTS HOUR)
Not me. I'm going to put "blue bandana" and win.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 2 "The Shearing" RESULTS HOUR)
Okay, so, Reverse Sheep rules:

1: Your goal is to have the fewest points at the end of the game. You get a point for each person you match, including yourself. Thus the minimum amount of points = the amount of questions asked.

2: You must give a VALID answer to every question posed. The penalty for an invalid answer on a question is to have your answer be worth the same amount of points as the Sheep Answer. Example:

Question EX: What letter of the English Alphabet is the opposite of A?

-3 people say T for some reason
-everyone else says different letters
-You say Blue Banana. Blue Banana isn't valid. So that answer is automatically worth 3 points per match instead of the usual 1 point. In almost every case, you just match yourself, resulting in you getting 3 points. In a chaotic world where TWO people manage to say Blue Banana, both players match themselves and another player, resulting in 6 points each. So make sure your answers are valid.

So, this version of Sheep might necessitate Googling, to make sure your answer is valid before sending it. Because there's no takesy-backsies. And I'm gonna have to be hardlined about what constitutes validity, because on any question that does not have strictly regulated answers, there's going to be ridiculous corner cases and pedantic answers. Like the alphabet question, I didn't specify which English Alphabet so, obviously, you might say "æ". I might chalk that as invalid because it is absolutely, positively clear what I meant and you're not in the spirit of the game by ducking under technicalities. This is, frankly, a fine line to follow, because on a previous Reverse Sheep I asked "Who is your favorite member of The Beatles?" and got a few cases of Pete Best and Stuart Sutcliffe, which are perfectly valid answers even if it edges on technicalities. I would not (And did not!) accept the name of their manager, or an instrument. Pete and Stuart don't cross the line because they were actually regularly a part of the band at some point, and so that's a pedantic answer that I can't swipe off. In one of those cases, I asked for a redo, and in the other the player had said "If that's no good, then ~" in the original PM. I want to make it very clear, in the form of SPECIAL RULE #1

SPECIAL RULE #1: You can only send me one answer per question. No "If not ~ then ~~" and I'm not asking for clarification or any redoes. The penalty for violating Special Rule #1 is for your answer to that question to be automatically declared invalid and given the appropriate penalty of an invalid answer

(This rule is actually always in effect, but not always strictly enforced. Like, in Regular Sheep, if I can TELL there was some kind of misunderstanding, I'm more willing to reach out to a player and ask if they want another answer. This is only listed in bold here, because I'm not going to do that in this round)

Reverse Sheep is, hopefully, a very fun game to play. But I can't be a nice gamemaster. I have to be serious face mcserious. If you're one of the new Sheepers, I'm gonna run a round of Regular Sheep for Round 4, and I hope that if you don't like Reverse Sheep that you'll stick around for OG Sheep because everything is just so much more friendly.

Current Reverse Sheepers so far
Quote:Granolaman
Akumu
Schazer
Palamedes
Robust Laser
Crowstone
a52
ICan'tGiveCredit
bigro
Coldblooded
SleepingOrange
AgentBlue
Solaris
Reyweld
Kieros
Whimbrel
Mirdini
Wheat
Shredded

I'm not certain when I'll have the questions up, I have to come up with them, and its a bit harder task than regular sheep.
RE: Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 3: Reverse Sheep SIGNUPS)
Gawd I've been fekking up these last rounds. In because I'll be damned if I allow this abysmal streak to last.
It's okay Granolaman, we can't all be as unextraordinary as I am.
yeah! multiple choice! best kind of essay question on the oral exams
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
Do remember that your goal is to match the fewest people, and that googling may be a necessary evil of this round. And also remember, when you're trying to sneak a technically correct answer, to make sure its also within the spirit of the question cause I will hammer it if its not.

Quote:1: What is your favorite color of the Rainbow (ROYGBIV please)?
2: Which month has the ugliest birthstone?
3: Name a one-syllable word that starts with T and rhymes with air (English only).
4: Name a video game that focuses on Nintendo characters racing in vehicles.
5: In which season of The Simpsons did the show start going downhill?
6: What is the most surprising country to have won the FIFA World Cup?
7: At what age do teenagers go to their first party?
8: What member of the Allied Forces had the most influence in WWII?
9: What is the least known Labor of the 12 Labors of Heracles?
10: Which of the 7 main Harry Potter books has the least plotholes?
11: Which Eagletime member, that is signed up to play this round, will win Reverse Sheep?

And as always, please do not post answers in this thread, and please use this format to send them to me in PM.

Quote:1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:

EDIT: Added FIFA to the World Cup question, just so there's no temptation. Thanks Slorange.
RE: Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 3: Reverse Sheep UNDERWAY)
yeah bigro, we get it, the only winning move is not to play, no need to rub it in our unenlightened faces
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
You must be registered to view this content.
Unfortunately I can't add you on Shredded, because question 11 required complete knowledge of who was on the playerlist as of round start.

Meloncholy sorry
SpoilerShow
(02-11-2016, 09:14 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

The missing thing is that you're adding a point to a question based around the amount of players without adding an answer to that question. It guarantees that someone matches someone because there's one more person than answers. Being able to pick yourself is pretty huge part of this question.

What I can do, Shredded, if you still want to play, is mark you for an INVALID on question 11. It sucks to come in with penalty points, but its the only fair way I can handle it for all players.

I'm also gonna pre-sign you up for Round 4. You're gonna want to play Round 4, everyone should want to play Round 4. I already have the questions lined up and I really think its the best batch of Sheep Questions I've done. I'm actually pretty excited about it, so I hope you guys aren't yet tired of Sheep, at least wait until after Round 4 to be tired of Sheep cause I'm pretty high on these questions.
You certainly wouldn't be cheating! You'd be winning despite specifically being hindered on the only question that caused an issue so in reality you'd just be a thrilling underdog story. They'll make movies about your rise to the top in the face of adversity, but they'll recast you Owen Wilson.

Actually, if you could expedite the process by sending in your answers alongside a lot of "Wows" and "C'mon" you'd be doing us all a huge favor.
Turns out I didn't have the correct userlist anyway, I forgot to put in Granolaman.

I'm just cancelling Question 11 altogether, due to GM error.
I'd like to see the results of that question, even if the points no longer count.

Also dammit I was gonna win that one.
Granolaman, the only reason I noticed is because someone managed to say you anyway, that wasn't you.

But I'm still knocking it off because I had Sai on the list and Sai's not playing.

But a teaser as I'm looking over scores, that I shared on IRC:
[On the subject of question 5, The Simpsons Season question]

[22:47] <Mehga> There are 8 people who managed to match one other person
[22:47] <Whimbrel> then I prayed no one else picked the number I picked
[22:47] <Mehga> 6 people who managed to match two other people
[22:47] <Whimbrel> Wh
[22:48] <Mehga> and only 5 are aces
[22:48] <Whimbrel> wow

Rigged RNG's itt imo

Oh, also, a heads-up. Due to several different mistakes made on multiple answer sheets, I'm falling back on me being hardlined and just going with making sure everyone has the answer they intended. So, for instance, the Month question had people accidentally send in Birthstones, and instead of being an asshole I just matched the stone to the month. I also am not enforcing someone PMing me to change an answer (Despite that breaking the two answer rule) nor am I enforcing a few other descrepancies (Even one I put in BOLD!!! Raaaaage)

And the current German soccer team absorbed the records of the previously split (Saarland and East) German soccer teams so West Germany answers on question 6 are being co-opted into just Germany, because Germany (sans directional) owns those World Cups.
Aight I'm getting shit ready for a LATE NIGHT (for me) REVELATIONS

But first, here's what the now Defunct Question 11 brought us

Quote:Shredded and ICGC sent in answers after the question had taken a tumble

Crowstone: Crowstone
a52: Wheat
Wheat: Akumu
AgentBlue: AgentBlue
Kieros: a52
Robust Laser: Robust Laser
Granolaman: Granolaman
Mirdini: Granolaman
Schazer: Schazer
bigro: bigro
Whimbrel: Whimbrel
Solaris: Solaris
Palamedes: Wheat
Akumu: Akumu
Coldblooded: Coldblooded
SleepingOrange: Whimbrel
Reyweld: ICan'tGiveCredit

So Akumu and Wheat would have gotten 2, Whimbrel and SleepingOrange would have gotten 2, Granolaman and Mirdini would have gotten 2, and a52 and Palamedes would have gotten 2.
Ugh, so I keep making mistakes on counting on this one for some reason.

Okay, so I'm gonna finish doing the counting tonight, but I'm gonna do the reveal tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, tho, I'll give you a TASTE since I can at least say I got Question 1 right.

REVEAL STARTS NOW BUT IS ON HOLD LIKE IMMEDIATELY

Question 1: What is your favorite color of the Rainbow?

SpoilerShow

WHO WILL REVERSE THE SHEEP? FIND OUT TOMORROW, ON THE NEXT DRAGONBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH zzz

EDIT: Okay forgot to put Slorange's answer on here. But that was a mess-up of me posting, not a mess-up of me counting, so there at least VARIETY in my screwball antics.
RE: Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 3: Reverse Sheep REVEAL STARTED BUT NOT REALLY)
Oh damn. I really should have gone with my actual favorite color. (green)
I guess everybody else had the same thought that orange is by far the worst color.

Also it's funny that my attempt to fuck over Wheat ended up in me getting a two as I expected, but only because somebody else had the same idea. Both of us failed, and Wheat escaped unscathed.
RE: Sheep: the RESHEEPENING (Round 3: Reverse Sheep REVEAL STARTED BUT NOT REALLY)
Honestly, when Megha said that the reason for that question was so that people could choose themself, I immediately thought "Well, I screwed that up". Except somehow I didn't so yay?
Just goes to show you should stick with your original answers (myself and indigo respectively) instead of second guessing yourself and trying to think of mind games.
(02-15-2016, 06:15 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Just goes to show you should stick with your original answers (myself and indigo respectively) instead of second guessing yourself and trying to think of mind games.

Actually, I was going to go for indigo too, so it wouldn't have worked out anyhow. But I actually thought more people would immediately think about the Indigo Plateau, which is why I didn't go for it. Guess my nerdery was unjustified.
Indigo is just such an obviously forgettable choice, I figured more people would go for it. It was the first answer I thought of too.
Reverse Sheep is so ridiculously WIFOM, I can't handle it.