Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express
"Man fuck that tea shit, if we're really partying then let's get TURNT THE FUCK UP!" says Anona. He smashes a bottle of champagne over the counter for emphasis, unintentionally christening the bar. "Don't even worry about that one. Don't even sweat it. Only thing this shit was gonna be good for was molotov cocktails anyway, am I right? Where's the molly, let's hit the lights, woo!"
The Votals of Wrath

Granolaman - 2 (Gnauga, Sotek)
Garuru - 1 (cyber95)
Akumu - 3 (icanhasdonuts, Granolaman, eberron)
Mirdini - 1 (Solaris)
No Lynch - 1 (Slorange)
eberron - 4 (Akumu, Palamedes, Chwoka, Nova)
Chwoka - 1 (Garuru)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is Thursday, March 20 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
(03-16-2014, 10:59 PM)Mirdini Wrote: »"I - I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else? I mean I had a sister, but I'm not anyone's brother."

*sniffs the air once more*

Ah... Yes... WELL THEN. This is quite the embarrassment on my part. I suppose I jumped the gun a bit too hastily there, assumed that I smelled the smell of a sibling and that of course said sibling would be on a side opposite of mine, sibling rivalries and all that. Although I suppose that at the same time, that's what would be expected, how tragic would it be for two estranged siblings to attack each other, thinking each other the enemy, only to find that it was a falsehood, a misdirection implanted by none others than themselves.

That said, I am Pananelo Pwuadatock, pardon me if I expected a twist this early, they are sort of my thing.
Unvote:Mirdini
(03-17-2014, 04:12 AM)Solaris Wrote: »
(03-16-2014, 10:59 PM)Mirdini Wrote: »"I - I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else? I mean I had a sister, but I'm not anyone's brother."

*sniffs the air once more*

Ah... Yes... WELL THEN. This is quite the embarrassment on my part. I suppose I jumped the gun a bit too hastily there, assumed that I smelled the smell of a sibling and that of course said sibling would be on a side opposite of mine, sibling rivalries and all that. Although I suppose that at the same time, that's what would be expected, how tragic would it be for two estranged siblings to attack each other, thinking each other the enemy, only to find that it was a falsehood, a misdirection implanted by none others than themselves.

That said, I am Pananelo Pwuadatock, pardon me if I expected a twist this early, they are sort of my thing.
Unvote:Mirdini

[Image: 6761440.jpg]
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
What kind of author am I? My dears, I am the most distributed author at this party. By a wide margin, I suspect. But what fun is it if I just tell you? And how relevant, for that matter? Even if I was a mystery writer, I could just as easily say "Ethnic Historical Fiction Novelist" as "Paperback Lumberjack Erotica". It wouldn't prove anything.

Although the latter actually sounds pretty cashable. Too bad I don't have much talent for fiction.
(03-17-2014, 04:27 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »"Paperback Lumberjack Erotica".

(03-17-2014, 04:27 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »fiction.

[Image: 41lLZmORBBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
Can I somehow vote to keep Garuru alive forever this is great
Garuru's devotion to literature is quite commendable indeed. I, Dr. D.S. Lester, would have to retract my vote for him.
Hmm. I don't know what people's times are like, but that's a surprisingly long bit of quiet.
We haven't heard from a couple people yet! bigro, amosmyn, and seedy, what's up with you guys?
(03-17-2014, 07:29 PM)Sotek Wrote: »Hmm. I don't know what people's times are like, but that's a surprisingly long bit of quiet.

[Image: Silent_Honor_Book_cover.jpg]

(people on the eberron bandwagon need to die. probably chwoka. probably nova, but then again ive never understood why OMGUSes are scummy, especially coming from someone most likely new, double especially in a stage where people were just being silly and roleplaying. perhaps he could elaborate.)

[fo' reference]
(03-17-2014, 02:05 AM)Nova Wrote: »
(03-17-2014, 01:49 AM)eberron Wrote: »Early turns her eyes to Kellerman. "Dear me, I try to agree with you and suddenly you see me as the enemy. Perhaps the logic you are using is too much for us to understand and is leaving us too confused to see the truth. But if you truely want action, dearie, then action I can do."

Unvote,
Lynch Akuma

Is Kellerman Akumu

Was that an OMGUS

Idk it looked like an OMGUS vote eberron

double reference:
OMGUS means "Oh My God, You Suck", basically when a player votes the person voting them for no reason other than because the person is voting them.

(people use the above to pin down scum but ive always thought a new town could mistakenly think the person voting them was definitely fo sho mafia and do this)

eberron, (honestly) how new are you to mafias. have you read any of them, etc? also why vote akumu?
(03-17-2014, 10:51 PM)Garuru Wrote: »
(03-17-2014, 07:29 PM)Sotek Wrote: »Hmm. I don't know what people's times are like, but that's a surprisingly long bit of quiet.

[Image: Silent_Honor_Book_cover.jpg]

(people on the eberron bandwagon need to die. probably chwoka. probably nova, but then again ive never understood why OMGUSes are scummy, especially coming from someone most likely new, double especially in a stage where people were just being silly and roleplaying. perhaps he could elaborate.)

[fo' reference]
(03-17-2014, 02:05 AM)Nova Wrote: »
(03-17-2014, 01:49 AM)eberron Wrote: »Early turns her eyes to Kellerman. "Dear me, I try to agree with you and suddenly you see me as the enemy. Perhaps the logic you are using is too much for us to understand and is leaving us too confused to see the truth. But if you truely want action, dearie, then action I can do."

Unvote,
Lynch Akuma

Is Kellerman Akumu

Was that an OMGUS

Idk it looked like an OMGUS vote eberron

double reference:
OMGUS means "Oh My God, You Suck", basically when a player votes the person voting them for no reason other than because the person is voting them.

(people use the above to pin down scum but ive always thought a new town could mistakenly think the person voting them was definitely fo sho mafia and do this)

eberron, (honestly) how new are you to mafias. have you read any of them, etc? also why vote akumu?

Its been awhile since I lasted played so I'm rather rusty in my RPing and I have read some but I honestly never heard that term before. As for my vote, I had a reason at the time but after my day I cant recall why now.

Unvote No sense holding a vote without reason.
I have also decided that keeping a suspicion on someone this early is as pointless as trying to stop a Perfectly Normal Beast from vanishing.
Unvote.
Uhh welp I didn't realize eberron was new Unvote
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Watts darl I've got my eye own you for that last post, I mean I get the rationale but it doesn't quite ring true.

Yo Sotek are you gonna keep pointing fingers at me under guise of RVS, or are we just about out of that?
Brave New Votals

Granolaman - 2 (Gnauga, Sotek)
Akumu - 2 (icanhasdonuts, Granolaman)
Mirdini - 1 (Solaris)
No Lynch - 1 (Slorange)
eberron - 3 (Akumu, Palamedes, Chwoka)
Chwoka - 1 (Garuru)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is Thursday, March 20 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.
Haha jesus I'm clearly not reading, leery RVS eyes at Sotek retracted
(03-18-2014, 01:31 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Watts darl I've got my eye own you for that last post, I mean I get the rationale but it doesn't quite ring true.

I'm sorry :'c God I am so delirious rn
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
(03-18-2014, 01:31 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Yo Sotek are you gonna keep pointing fingers at me under guise of RVS, or are we just about out of that?

I voted you during RVS.

I switched when granola did something I find shady. The fact nobody else agreed during the kerfluffle (and the spate of unvotes just now was -wierd- to me - is that kind of thing normal around here?) makes me want to double down on that vote. :|
Well, the magic's gone Garuru. It's gone. Now I can't help but dislike you immediately jumping towards assuming eberron is new and using it as a defence? Personally I find OMGUSes interesting regardless of player type, experience, or what have you because it's a solely defensive action - as opposed to putting in any sort of effort to look at things, defend their opinion, or even ask what's so suspicious about what they're doing (which at the very least can hint at pro-town thinking) they focus on discrediting their attackers and turn things around.

Also, who even votes someone voting for them anymore besides moderately inexperienced people (what with all the experienced types immediately jumping down their throat for OMGUSing no matter how valid it might be). Regardless, I'm not particularly happy with how old lady eberron handled her naysayers so I'll be keeping an eye on her still.

Sotek I think I see what you found so shady about granola but frankly I don't think it's that suspicious? At least not enough to vote him for it. Though I do agree that there are an awful lot of people popping in just to abstain from voting and I'll admit I'm a bit leery of it for the most part.

Oh yeah, and Garuru why do you find Chwoka more suspicious than Nova (or me or Akumu, while we're at it).
"Serious" mafia games are a once-in-a-blue-moon thing around here, so I sorely doubt there's any kind of normal.
(03-18-2014, 03:43 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Well, the magic's gone Garuru. It's gone.

[Image: Summers%20End.jpg]

(03-18-2014, 03:43 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Oh yeah, and Garuru why do you find Chwoka more suspicious than Nova (or me or Akumu, while we're at it).

Uhh, because he voted for eberron IMMEDIATELY after two other people did, without any reason? I mean, at least everybody else gave some kind of reason. Chwoka's vote was kind of extremely bandwagony. But, to be fair, I suppose it's possible Chwoka didn't know how scummy that would look, and was just jumping on for kicks. I'd ask Chwoka about his reason, but it's either scum or kicks, and scum would say kicks, so yeah. No real point in questioning I suppose. I'd like Chwoka's reads on the game thus far, though! No pressure. Just to prove it, unvote.

Pala, I have a question for you as well. Why do you dislike me assuming eberron is new, if you basically came to the same conclusion later on in your post? You basically say that OMGUSsing is something only relatively inexperienced people would do, which is my exact same reasoning. No offense, eberron.

(that was not an accusation, merely a genuine inquiry as to your line of thought, because I was confused by it a little)
All good
"The debate about to lynch or not to lynch is all kinds of over my head. What are we even doing with math? We're authors, we run on feelings! And my feeling is, why even come to the party if you're not gonna lynch anyone? It was nothing personal against Aunty Early, just that it looked like they had some vote momentum on them and on top of that they were totally harshing my murderboner. I mean, I'm already at half-mast over here!" Unvote eberron.

"Hey, I know it looks like thin justification all laid out like that, and it is, but just do me a solid and trust me here. It's not covering up anything deeper. I'm just a shallow person," admits Anona, and by extension Chwoka. "Ooh, that half-mast thing gives me an idea. Why don't we hook up the noose to the flag pole, so that when we lynch someone we also lower the flag and kill two birds with one stone? Ooh, ooh! Are there birds anywhere? Anyone know where I can get some stones?"
Well I come back all ready to make irrelevant Shelleyposts and then nope that just vanished into thin air apparently. Hope it comes back at some point!

Anyway I don't have much to say right now mostly because I haven't been able to properly read everything I'm missed as I am super busy and will continue to be super busy until around Thursday evening. Will be back with quality non-content (and maybe some actual content) then.

P.S. for the sake of my sanity (and probably other people's) I'm going to motion the mafia jargon be kept to a minimum?

people running around yelling about WIFOM and OMGUS instead of actually spelling out the suspicions behind them is both a pain to read and also confuses the huge part of the playerlist that has never heard these terms before

reacting to people's arguments and posts with confusing capital letter acronyms is in my experience a ticket to people not having fun

instead of voting a guy shouting "he's trying to WIFOM us all!" just say "he's being really disingenuous" or something. Just as many words, far less obnoxious @_@