Hamfia - GAME OVER - PICK YER POISON DID IT. SPECTACULAR. AMAZING.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamfia - GAME OVER - PICK YER POISON DID IT. SPECTACULAR. AMAZING.
Re: Hamfia - DAY TWO - 404 HAM NOT FOUND
...but seriously.

[Image: machine%20brain%20no%20think%20use%20your%20head.jpg]

Dragon, I'm inferring that you consider your second two scenarios to be more likely than your first, given the following:

Quote:1. The entire scumteam was already on the Mirdini bandwagon.

This is incredibly risky, and carries little reward. It is the least likely scenario. The entire team rarely hops on the same wagon unless victory is near, especially if they're the only ones on there.

2. Mirdini is scum.

Marginally more likely than 1, but again: bringing a teammate one vote away from softlynch is incredibly risky. Especially on Day 1. If a townie hops on the wagon, you either have to let the lynch go through or scramble for an excuse to switch. It's far too easy for this to go wrong.

And to reiterate, these were the other two:

Quote:3. The remaining scum are incredibly cautious.

Even with a townie up for lynch, the nefarious villains thought being the one to bring him to softlynch was simply too dangerous. But why? The most likely reason I can think of is that they were trying to avoid Scenario 1 - that is, Solaris or Brian was scum and Scum Number 3 didn't want the whole team to be on that bandwagon. So they avoided casting that vote, despite the fact that they could easily have arranged a mislynch.

4. The remaining scum are lurking.

In short - they didn't cast a decisive vote on Mirdini because they hadn't been paying attention to the thread. In this case, someone who was lurking on Day 1 would be a prime suspect.

Meaning the scum is cautious so they didn't vote for Mirdini (which I did) or they didn't vote for Mirdini because they are lurking (neither of which apply to me). So why vote for me? I'm suspicious of you because your post makes itself seem like it's full of content but you really have nothing definitive to say.

Also scummy: Cat for inputting nothing but random votes thus far.

Pick Yer Poison for just everything today. If it seemed logical (which I'm assuming was a joke but whatever), and doesn't now, unvote.

Woffles for posting a lot with no content except a vote blindly following Mirdini.

Pretty much everyone for doing nothing constructive.

Sorry if I seem a little too serious.
What did you call me?

What did you call me?

It's Fogel, not Dragon. I cannot let this transgression stand!

I WHACK BRIAN OVER THE HEAD REPEATEDLY WITH TWO LARGE FISH
HOOTENANY HAM HAM I GUESS I'M CAPITALIZING RANDOM WORDS IN THIS POST FOR HAAAAM JUSTICE

itsbrianyay Wrote:
Dragon Fogel Wrote:4. The remaining scum are lurking.

Meaning the scum is cautious so they didn't vote for Mirdini (which I did) or they didn't vote for Mirdini because they are lurking (neither of which apply to me).

You missed an IMPORTANT DESCRIPTOR there. That doesn't apply to you, but that's because you were presumably the more ballsy scum that DID try to wagonstart on ME :I

Also I did miss that you were before Wheat with the voting and the imaging but prior to that wheat was already jumping all over me, and TO BE QUITE HONEST there's not much of a difference between slots 2 and 3 on the SOFTLYNCH HIM wagon, at least from my view.

On the other hand you're being somewhat serious and content-postful compared to everyone else, but on the OTHER OTHER hand that might just be you scrambling to get pressure off of ya by actually being reasonable. HRRRRRNGH.

Agree that some of these wagon jumps are somewhat fishy, but you REALLY do feel mleh. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing more from that CAD AND BOUNDER SOLARIS since he just sat with his vote on me all day and hasn't posted at all today.

Then again you might just be dead because Fogel has whacked you with his fish.

I am getting the feel like the scum are just lurkin' it up while townies fight out when it comes to it though.

Unvote, Vote: Solaris

not going to take my eyes off you though Brian

[Image: Whowatchingyou.gif]

watching

always watching
No, that fishwhacking was purely a matter of policy (and also hamming it up, couldn't let us lose sight of that).

But yeah, Brian's actually responded, while Solaris hasn't explained why he let his joke vote sit on you all day and let it nearly bring you to softlynch.

Unvote, Vote: Solaris

EXPLAIN YOURSELF, VILLAIN.
nnnnnnot liking fogel and dini bandwagoning here. not at all. sounds like scum in daychat just decided "fuck let's go for someone else" but I don't know if they're both scum or if they expected another scum to follow.

Still sticking to brian though.

[Image: Sass_Logo.gif]
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Have you no shame, madam? You dare to accuse me when I have been among the only ones making an effort to get a conversation going?

I must admit that Brian's tendency to turn on those who vote him is troubling, however. Not merely today, but also yesterday when he counter-voted Mirdini. On the other hand, it is somewhat understandable, considering there is little else to go on; and he does have a point about you and PYP not providing actual reasons - joining a vote without explaining why is essentially the definition of bandwagoning.

Nevertheless, Solaris bears as much responsibility for that near-softhammer as Brian does, and so he should be pressed as well. Perhaps we will find his response more satisfactory than Brian's; perhaps we will not. But he should at least provide one.
dragon fogel Wrote:I must admit that Brian's tendency to turn on those who vote him is troubling, however.

People who are alive in the game and are not me:

1. SOLARIS
2. DRAGON FOGEL
3. SRUIXAN
4. WOFFLES
7. MURDERINI
8. PICK YER POISON
10. PROFESSOR LIZZARD
11. CAT
12. GRANOLAMAN

People who have voted for me at some point in the game:

2. DRAGON FOGEL - D2
4. WOFFLES - D2
7. MIRDINI - D2
8. PICK YER POISON - D1 and D2
11. CAT - D1

Oh look, it's more than half the town.

dragon fogel Wrote:Not merely today, but also yesterday when he counter-voted Mirdini

[Image: 1133-are-you-fucking-kidding-me.png]

Is it really all that hard to go back and make sure what you say is actually factual? Mirdini did not vote for me yesterday.

I don't understand how being voting for someone who almost got lynched is grounds for being the sole targets for lynch, especially considering we don't even know Mirdini's alignment. Just because Wheat was scum doesn't clear Mirdini. Furthermore, if this even was an issue, where was this uproar for the 22 hours of Day 1 that Mirdini had 3 votes? Nobody seemed to care then, but now suddenly it's the crime of the century.
He didn't? Huh. I remembered him pointing at you for some reason before you voted him and assumed that a vote from him was part of that. That's what I get for not double-checking.

OR PERHAPS YOU USED TIME TRAVEL TO MAKE MIRDINI CHANGE HIS MIND YESTERDAY!

Ahem. Anyways, I was referring to people who voted for you today, at the time you made your response. More specifically, you're pointing at nearly all of them and not even trying to go further than that. It comes across as just throwing accusations up in the air, and not committing to any of them until you see if one gets picked up by someone else.

I mean, scum are already down one. It's incredibly unlikely that three out of four people voting for you are all scum. So where's the attempt to narrow down or prioritize that list? It looks like you're just waiting for somebody else to pick up one of your threads and then you'll start pulling at it.
EBWOP: IN ADDITION! The fact that there's pretty much one singular criteria ("voted for me") that's a key part of three out of four of your accusations is making me uncomfortable. It's coming across to me with a hint of "I'm not willing to look too hard for suspects, so I'll just go for these people who voted for me."

In short, I'm getting a mild sense that you're more concerned with getting pressure off you than in actually looking for scum. However, right now, this sense isn't strong enough to overcome my desire to hear some words out of the other person who's still alive and had a vote on Mirdini when he was one away from softlynch.

SPEAK, SOLARIS! SPEAK!
dragon fogel Wrote:I mean, scum are already down one. It's incredibly unlikely that three out of four people voting for you are all scum.

Are there even 3 scum left?? I thought that in a 12 person game, there's typically 3 scum total. Why would you assume there's 4?

dragon fogel Wrote:So where's the attempt to narrow down or prioritize that list? It looks like you're just waiting for somebody else to pick up one of your threads and then you'll start pulling at it.

I don't understand.. I threw out the names of several people I'd be fine with lynching. Of course I'm going to see if anyone else is willing to do the same - I had 4 votes on me. Yes, part of this game is being confident in your suspicions and having various levels of them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for someone who(m?) I feel more strongly about and get lynched myself over voting for a different person who other people also suspect even though they're not necessarily my strongest suspect. That was confusing but basically yes, I was waiting for support on one of my suspects because I would like to live to see tonight. Sorry if that's the Survivor player in me talking, but whatever. I'm more useful to the town alive than dead, especially since I seem to be one of the only people who cares about what happens today.

dragon fogel Wrote:EBWOP:

What does this mean?

dragon fogel Wrote:IN ADDITION! The fact that there's pretty much one singular criteria ("voted for me") that's a key part of three out of four of your accusations is making me uncomfortable.

What's making me uncomfortable is the way you continuously misconstrue my words and actions. Let's go over the four people you mention and what I said about them verbatim that makes me suspicious of them:

1. Dragon Fogel: "I'm suspicious of you because your post makes itself seem like it's full of content but you really have nothing definitive to say."

Where there do I say that I'm suspicious of you because you're voting for me?

2. Cat: "for inputting nothing but random votes thus far."

Not one of the 3 out of 4, so we move on.

3. Pick Yer Poison: "for just everything today. If it seemed logical (which I'm assuming was a joke but whatever), and doesn't now, unvote."

You get partial credit here because I do say I suspect him for everything today, and he voted for me today. But specifically I meant his post in which he seemed to admit his action wasn't based on anything sound, but then didn't undo it. Not that he voted for me.

4. Woffles: "for posting a lot with no content except a vote blindly following Mirdini."

I mean, I don't even know how to continue commentary. I stated specifically why I found him suspicious, and you take it and somehow turn it to me having one criterion of "they voted for me." It's ludicrous and I'm not going to take it. Either you're really terrible at doing your research and rereading, or you're intentionally doing this to incriminate me. Either way, it's really irritating.
If you want me to quote mirdi's post if you need a reason sure I'll do it, but Dini scores major town cred for having scum on his lynch and being a vote away on day bloody one. No scum takes that risk, ya just don't. And his argument, contrary to your "WOFFLES AGREES WITH MIRDI BOTH SCUM MIRITE?" made a lot of sense to me.
I suppose I should clarify that a bit more: yeah he was wrong that you voted first and Wheat picked up on that, but what does that change? If scum followed you, instead of you following scum, how does that make it any less likely that you're mafia? Not to mention that you're doing a pretty abysmal job defending yourself so far, as Fogel stated, because you are just basically voting for the people who voted you, and you did suppply reasoning other than "voted for me" but it was all just "this post is scummy" without explaining why and "yes they're talking but are they REALLY talking?"

itsbrianyay Wrote:1. Dragon Fogel: "I'm suspicious of you because your post makes itself seem like it's full of content but you really have nothing definitive to say." You're suspicious of them because they're posting and according to you it's too vague? I don't follow, Fogel has been super hands-on all game

3. Pick Yer Poison: "for just everything today. If it seemed logical (which I'm assuming was a joke but whatever), and doesn't now, unvote." You did retract this when you got called out, but this is also just an argument against their post entirely and nothing specific.

4. Woffles: "for posting a lot with no content except a vote blindly following Mirdini." Again, you show no specifics either. I didn't reply reasoning when voting you, right, but I would've just reiterated what mirdi said. Do I have to get redundant?

You're using "posting without actual content" like some kind of passe-partout to out a suspicion early on, so it doesn't feel as opportunistic when someone else votes them and you hop along.

Brian you will live in our hearts forever as the most resilient scumbag
[Image: th_dez_danceinthedarkgimpanimationTUNED.gif]
Mirdini Wrote:I am getting the feel like the scum are just lurkin' it up while townies fight out when it comes to it though.

This is what Fogel and Brian look like to me atm

[Image: Seasons.gif]
Woffles Wrote:If you want me to quote mirdi's post if you need a reason sure I'll do it, but Dini scores major town cred for having scum on his lynch and being a vote away on day bloody one. No scum takes that risk, ya just don't. And his argument, contrary to your "WOFFLES AGREES WITH MIRDI BOTH SCUM MIRITE?" made a lot of sense to me.

I have no words. Good thing you provide them for me and shove them into my mouth though. Where have I said today that Mirdini is scum? The only thing I've said about him is that we shouldn't only be looking at the people who voted for him because we don't know his alignment for sure yet.

Woffles Wrote:because you are just basically voting for the people who voted you, and you did suppply reasoning other than "voted for me" but it was all just "this post is scummy" without explaining why and "yes they're talking but are they REALLY talking?"

Woffles Wrote:You're suspicious of them because they're posting and according to you it's too vague? I don't follow, Fogel has been super hands-on all game

wutwutwutwutWUT. Here's a list of all of Dragon Fogel's posts before I made that statement.

SpoilerShow

And that's Day 1. I'm not going to comment on each because I don't think it's necessary to have important things to say, especially on Day 1 of a game full of ham. Here's Day 2 until I make my post.

SpoilerShow

Now, these were all the posts that I didn't care about and wasn't referring to when I posted. I'm not trying to take anything away from him here, but you say he's been "super hands-on all game" (and look, I'm using quotations because you actually said those words (unlike the four times you incorrectly quoted me in your two posts)! but I just don't see it. And I'm not even calling it into question on his part, because I really don't think it's scummy that his longest post by this point was a case on the host. I really don't. But, I don't see where you're coming from in saying that. I'm thinking you're referring to his next post (which still was before mine and I will get to it) and the ones following mine (which shouldn't apply to what you're saying considering I couldn't comment on the content of his posts before he's actually posted them). So without further ado, his final post before what I say about him:

December 18:
Quote:How peculiar.

As Mirdini said, he was but one vote away from a lynch yesterday. Yet no scum took the opportunity to strike.

Why is this? There was little risk of retaliation. True, they would have been interrogated today, but were it not for Wheat's untimely demise, they could plausibly escape scrutiny for a day.

A few scenarios come to mind.

1. The entire scumteam was already on the Mirdini bandwagon.

This is incredibly risky, and carries little reward. It is the least likely scenario. The entire team rarely hops on the same wagon unless victory is near, especially if they're the only ones on there.

2. Mirdini is scum.

Marginally more likely than 1, but again: bringing a teammate one vote away from softlynch is incredibly risky. Especially on Day 1. If a townie hops on the wagon, you either have to let the lynch go through or scramble for an excuse to switch. It's far too easy for this to go wrong.

3. The remaining scum are incredibly cautious.

Even with a townie up for lynch, the nefarious villains thought being the one to bring him to softlynch was simply too dangerous. But why? The most likely reason I can think of is that they were trying to avoid Scenario 1 - that is, Solaris or Brian was scum and Scum Number 3 didn't want the whole team to be on that bandwagon. So they avoided casting that vote, despite the fact that they could easily have arranged a mislynch.

4. The remaining scum are lurking.

In short - they didn't cast a decisive vote on Mirdini because they hadn't been paying attention to the thread. In this case, someone who was lurking on Day 1 would be a prime suspect.

Given the information at hand, it seems warranted to Vote: Brian. If Wheat were the only scum on that bandwagon, it is far more likely that it would have been softhammered by another member. Besides, as noted earlier, he has not spoken up today. We should give him some more incentive.

I would also like Solaris to comment on why he left his vote on Mirdini for the entirety of yesterday.

There's his post. I'm not going to comment on it, because I already have twice. First in my list of what had happened today, on the 19th:

Quote:6. Dragon Fogel makes a post about possible scenarios, doesn't state which is the most likely in his mind, and votes for me saying it's incentive for me to post, as if the two votes weren't enough.
*bolding was on my part

then again the next day:

Quote:Dragon, I'm inferring that you consider your second two scenarios to be more likely than your first, given the following:

(Quote of the first two scenarios. Redundant at this point considering I've already re-quoted it in this post.)

And to reiterate, these were the other two:

(Quote of the second two scenarios. Redundant at this point considering I've already re-quoted it in this post.)

Meaning the scum is cautious so they didn't vote for Mirdini (which I did) or they didn't vote for Mirdini because they are lurking (neither of which apply to me). So why vote for me? I'm suspicious of you because your post makes itself seem like it's full of content but you really have nothing definitive to say.

So, let's take what I said (for real) and reiterate exactly why I suspected Dragon Fogel at that point in time.

"Dragon Fogel makes a post about possible scenarios, doesn't state which is the most likely in his mind, and votes for me saying it's incentive for me to post, as if the two votes weren't enough. ... I'm suspicious of you because your post makes itself seem like it's full of content but you really have nothing definitive to say."

To use other words, since mine apparently haven't been clear enough:

"yes they're talking but are they REALLY talking?"

"posting without actual content"

I found Dragon Fogel's singular post about the possible scenarios involving Mirdini's wagon to be suspicious because he never said which scenario he believed to be most likely, so he didn't have anything definitive to say about it.

And that's what I have to say about the sections of your posts involving Fogel. The rest is coming up!
me with your commentary in it Wrote:3. Pick Yer Poison: "for just everything today. If it seemed logical (which I'm assuming was a joke but whatever), and doesn't now, unvote." You did retract this when you got called out, but this is also just an argument against their post entirely and nothing specific.

Commentary on bolded section:

I didn't retract this. I still believe it to be true, I just unfortunately made a blanket statement ("for just everything today") which could include OMGUS since, you know, it was a blanket statement. I could've chosen better phrasing, but I didn't expect everything I've ever said to be morphed into things I haven't, but the point is still there. I called him out for posting a vote with literally nothing else, he responded with "Seemed logical" which, since it's in the past tense, suggested to me that he no longer found it to be logical, yet he didn't unvote. That's what I found suspicious, not that he voted for me.

And again, with the rest of the quote bolded instead.

Quote:You did retract this when you got called out, but this is also just an argument against their post entirely and nothing specific.

Here, Woffles, is the post I argued against. I understand if you don't want to read the entire thing. I realize it's a lot of text.

Pick Yer Poison Wrote:[Image: h15.png]

Which word should I have focused on specifically? Perhaps a specific pixel of the picture?

I realize that I'm coming off as an asshole, but I really don't care at this point.
Last but not least, your commentary on my suspicion of you!

Quote:4. Woffles: "for posting a lot with no content except a vote blindly following Mirdini." Again, you show no specifics either. I didn't reply reasoning when voting you, right, but I would've just reiterated what mirdi said. Do I have to get redundant?

Honestly I can't even believe you said that. Here are your specifics.

Day 1:
SpoilerShow

In spoilers because as much as I would like to say I meant your Day 1 posts as well when I said that, I didn't. Here's Day 2:

Woffles Wrote:whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Crying Eagle Crying Eagle Crying Eagle Crying Eagle Crying Eagle Crying Eagle Meloncholy Meloncholy Meloncholy Meloncholy Meloncholy Meloncholy Raaaaage Raaaaage Raaaaage Raaaaage Raaaaage Raaaaage Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa

Woffles Wrote:No. NO EVERYBODY EXPLAIN RIGHT NOW

[Image: hamilton-t2.jpg]

NO SHENANIGANS TO OBSCURE NIGHT ACTIONS

Woffles Wrote:SARAH CONNOR WILL SHANK YOU SO GOD HELP ME PUT THE SHENANIGANS DOWN

[Image: drwhopartycrasherp1.gif]

I AM HERE NOW SHENANIGAN OVER

Woffles Wrote:(I edited my above post because it was stretching the page. I couldn't find a suitable sarah connor of a smaller size so you'll have to pretend she is a lot angrier there than she seems.)

Woffles Wrote:
Pick Yer Poison Wrote:that
[Image: CBale.gif]

Woffles Wrote:
Quote:Mirdini
[Image: gasp-gasp-evil-grin.gif]
vote brian this makes as much sense as we get
Can you point "specifically" to something in there that can be considered content?

~~~~

Woffles Wrote:I didn't reply reasoning when voting you, right, but I would've just reiterated what mirdi said. Do I have to get redundant?
Kinda, yes. Or, you could, you know, come up with something original.

Woffles Wrote:You're using "posting without actual content" like some kind of passe-partout to out a suspicion early on, so it doesn't feel as opportunistic when someone else votes them and you hop along.
You win; I don't know what passe-partout means. And no, it definitely would be opportunistic of me to vote with someone who votes for one of my suspicions. I don't see why that's scummy, though. Hell, even if the vote was between me and someone I think is town, I would still vote for them, and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with that. I may think they're town, but I know I am. However, that doesn't mean I'm not going to fight to have one of my suspicions lynched instead of someone I think is town (or I have no read on, like Solaris). That's why I haven't voted for him. If the time comes and it's still just us two, though, I definitely will throw my vote on him and feel no guilt if he turns up town, because I've presented my suspicions about others (several times at this point) and if no one else wants to listen, that's their business.

Woffles Wrote:Brian you will live in our hearts forever as the most resilient scumbag

[Image: th_dez_danceinthedarkgimpanimationTUNED.gif]

Edited something rude out here, regretted it as soon as I posted. if i need to put it back because of rules or whatever, i will though.
Maybe this is like you being past me but I am getting just flashback after flashback of silly mafia slorange hosted where I also didn't cope well with people being derps and not doing much

aaaand I was the biggest power role ever there and besides you've made quite the point, Unvote.

Still though, I really don't think that in a game where half the people lurk and the other half is just sillyburger imagery you can justify suspicions on posting without content. Maybe there's scum in that list (if there were I'd most likely say Fogel) playing the over the top game to avoid too much definite input to trip over, but I definitely don't feel your reason alone to be scummy, at least not in this game.
[Image: h16.png]

[Image: h17.png]

[Image: h18.png]

[Image: h19.png]

[Image: h20.png]

[Image: h21.png]

[Image: h22.png]

Unvote: yayitsbrian

Vote: ProfessorLizard
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
you mean to say that three ultra-cynical posts in a row wasn't ham enough for you? :(

[Image: tumblr_lw6p18Zi6w1r18odo.jpg]
BUSY

mostly because someone's rather behind on making his Christmas gifts this year

also that drawing of me has insufficient hair

this is me filing a formal complaint

maybe I'll show up later
[Image: bd2n]
Hey Para what's a girl gotta do around here to eat modkill?
SpoilerShow
ALSO BUSY

But anyways, after looking around, I couldn't find this suspected Mirdi wagon he was basing his Brianlynch on :|

And "half at softlynch" is barely any votes at all with so few people in the game.

Also 3/4 is gifs I can barely see the text from it.
[Image: MS9A3.gif]
SpoilerShow
[Image: LfsMg.gif]