Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 4: Life of Pie
Pie didn't do anything besides being delicious, as far as I know.
Event!

Slorange slowly rises from the pile of corpses, apparently a bit more alive than anyone realized. He reaches into a bag and pulls out a rather smelly pie.

Without a word, Slorange flings the pie at Eberron before collapsing.

Eberron is now covered in smelly berries. It seems the pie's been left out for too long.

Slorange then collapses, having used up the very last of his strength.
(04-22-2014, 02:14 AM)Nova Wrote: »the... lizard... armadillo... thing.

>:0

Oh yeah Watts, well I think your face tattoos look stupid. How does that feel?

Anyway, you guys are all ignoring the possibility that Solaris did what he did for the sole purpose of being able to point back at it later in the game and say "Look look, a townie I saved!" It's probably less likely than them just being scummates, sure, but it's far from impossible. It's not like a no lynch is really that much worse for scum than a D1 mislynch anyway.

Fauxedit: Oh alright cool, thanks for the input Slorange.
I feel alittle less suspect of True, not completely but not as bad atm.

I honestly feel like I've been kept around as a distraction to keep the real undercover safe. Its not hard to see that I was saved and Sol talked chummy with True before he was killed just to cast doubt against us. Yes, not voting Sol D3 just added to Aku's case but I honestly felt that True was more scum.

Speaking of Aku, I feel like he's town, perhaps abit short sighted by going at me almost non stop but town all the same.

Its really hard to get a read on those that show up, vote without any reason and lurk again.

So, thanks to miri, I'll agree that Aku, seedy and sotek are more then likely town. Prob Garu as well. True is middle of the road, Donut slight scum lean and the post and lurk group are an IDK right now.
EBYOP: *slowly wipes off his face* Well then, that was.... interesting. Kinda feel that was Slorange's last go at making a case on me. But damn, I dont want to know how long he was hoarding that thing. Just blah
That makes two of us covered in rancid pie filling...
(04-22-2014, 12:01 AM)Truegreen Wrote: »Why would I kill him!? It doesn't make any sense. He was my primary suspicion, with him gone the only one I might make a case against is Schazer, and that is on fairly shaky ground seeing how closely he seemed to be working with Slorange. Or maybe I might make a case against Eberron but they seem to be the only one keeping their head in this situation!

For one thing, how would I know he made the pie? And even if I did know why would I choose to eat it then kill him rather than just throw the pie at him? Sure I would have been under scrutiny for not eating the pie, but a lot less than this.

I'm sorry 'green I'm really amused by how incredibly 'frenzied scared scum' this post sounds. try using less exclamation points, it makes you seem less panicky (he only had 2 votes when he posted this, friends)

your reads are pretty incredible though. especially the part about eberron...not sure where that's coming from. surely you can find someone else that's not your scumbud to vote? you were voting for garuru yesterday, what the heck happened to those suspicions
slorange's flip pretty much kills the goodwill I had for 'green. I'm not sure what the H*CK happened n1, but the mafia knowing slorange was lying ruins the vibe I had.
donut, you must be seeing something in truegreen's post that I certainly don't...not sure how it explains things any better than the info we already had.
otoh I hadn't considered solaris' buddying...but that gets really wifom-y (ha! ha! I'm still using mafia jargon!) and I'd prefer to go with my HEART
garuru's thing seems a little "scum trying overly hard to be helpful." his power was a neutral one and I'm still watching him.
also from the flip I thought slorange's pies could either KILL or PROTECT, not do whatever bullshit he wanted 'em to. that'd have been really fucking overpowered.
akumu your logic is a bit iffy because eberron dying first was way more likely than solaris & so the most likely chain of events with them coaligned would be it badly implicating solaris. that said I do come down on the side of eberron feeling worse for the fact.

(04-22-2014, 01:19 AM)Truegreen Wrote: »Your certainty unnerves me as I believe you may be discounting further possibilities

what's that sound? why it is slorange gnashing his teeth in deadchat

nova I'd like you to consider this
scum can say "hey give me reads" just as easily as town and I'm really not sure why you have garuru so much higher than schazer since they've HONESTLY been pretty similar.

speaking of, SOTEK GET IN HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE A LOT OF HOMEWORK OR SOMETHING I GUESS

akumu, don't invest too much in what mirdini said. remember, we've seen two whole flips that he didn't. given, he was mostly right about 'em, so the reads are still very useful, but don't go throwing out your own instincts just 'cause they don't match his.

schazer's asking about pies seems rolefishy. I'm willing to take a stance on what she said to garuru that assumes she just wanted him to restate what he already posted (garuru why did you say so much tbh). it's a lil weird tho
the person with the pie DOES need to throw it, like, today
but I don't think the debate should be publicized since it's a very coinflip deal (we don't know if ol slo' picked KILL or PROTECT) and I don't want false conclusions to be drawn (let's cite quarantine once again with day one's item vote, ayup)

where's gnauga, I wish pala was here more
ughh hmm this is a mess. currently I'm partial to vote: truegreen
I'd be ok with Finally Solving the Eberron Problem. I'm.../concerned/ with akumu's sudden activity now that eb's back on the chopping block. before it was a struggle to get 'em to post and now they're at it like wildfire. (akumu are you a lyncher (jk we've hit our 3p limit I think))
I'm still watching garuru, I'd be ok with donut lynch too

I like what coldblooded (using these different nicknames just feels weird :s) is saying so far? sounds silly but he hit the nail on the head wrt my feelings about akumu's case. there are a lot of different and complicated reasons why solaris woulda done that so I'm not sure it's the BEST case for killing eberron, and I'd feel better if the person pushing it wasn't essentially crawling back out into the light to do so.

anyways I don't TRUST dayactions since a certain mafia (glares at pala) but then again this is supposed to be a straightforward game...hmf. you'd think he would have hit truegreen, though

...wait, what if last night whomever slorange gave his Last Pie hit truegreen with it and that's why he's all sticky. if I'm right can that person please claim? it'd really clear up a few things...
if not then keep quiet
(04-22-2014, 03:42 AM)seedy Wrote: »also from the flip I thought slorange's pies could either KILL or PROTECT, not do whatever bullshit he wanted 'em to. that'd have been really fucking overpowered.

Clarification: his pies COULD NOT kill or protect, at least not directly. He was an inventor role.
I do debate the definition of that when he could make a pie that'd basically guarantee the eater's death, but vOv
*Scrunches nose and give the filling a quick taste to see what kind of pie they were hit with* Prob going to regret this but....
Eberron eats a little of the pie filling. They can't really recognize the flavor, just that it's pretty awful.
Anyway final pie notes before I calzone that whole line of inquiry:
First mention of pie in-thread was Watts on D3, it probably wasn't a sneaky claim though considering how hard he jumped down Slorange's throat.

Truegreen did not own up to the pie until Garuru used his action and called him out on it; according to Garuru that pie was originally intended for someone else? That may give insight into why Slorange hit who did and the nature of the N2 pie.

Keeping my vote where it is for the interim, though an Eberron lynch is also inviting.
Ugh, yep. That was bad. But I did get a hunch at what flavors were made.

True, did you learn anything when you ate your pie and got hit with the 2nd?
(04-22-2014, 03:54 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(04-22-2014, 03:42 AM)seedy Wrote: »also from the flip I thought slorange's pies could either KILL or PROTECT, not do whatever bullshit he wanted 'em to. that'd have been really fucking overpowered.

Clarification: his pies COULD NOT kill or protect, at least not directly. He was an inventor role.

*plays clip of schazer saying "straightforward setup my ass"*
For one easy payment of "tell me to do it" I would actually record that
please. please do it
SpoilerShow
(04-22-2014, 02:14 AM)Nova Wrote: »icanhasdonut - It's really easy and really convenient to beat a dead horse when you're scum. "Oh what happened today? Who are we lynching? That's cool but I STILL HATE THIS GUY I'VE HATED HIM SINCE THE GAME STARTED AND NONE OF THE CHANGING CONDITIONS HAVE ALTERED MY STATE OF MIND. I AM A MAFIA SAMURAI, CUTTING THROUGH THE CHAOS OF THE META." Is pretty much what I get from his play. Call me biased 'cause he's voting me but it's more the fact that he keeps doing it and hasn't updated his reasoning in some time, even now that he doesn't think eb (with whom he previously paired me) is suspicious.

That said, you wanna explain yourself donut before I return the favor?
mainly because lynching eberron is going to lead down a line of mislynch and while akumu is probably town a few of the other pushers are scum and if you look at the rest of this readwall it seems like something I'd do(that's not a compliment I'm bad at readwalls) and this it's sorta just like "yea my gut says town/scum"
(04-22-2014, 09:57 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »
(04-22-2014, 02:14 AM)Nova Wrote: »icanhasdonut - It's really easy and really convenient to beat a dead horse when you're scum. "Oh what happened today? Who are we lynching? That's cool but I STILL HATE THIS GUY I'VE HATED HIM SINCE THE GAME STARTED AND NONE OF THE CHANGING CONDITIONS HAVE ALTERED MY STATE OF MIND. I AM A MAFIA SAMURAI, CUTTING THROUGH THE CHAOS OF THE META." Is pretty much what I get from his play. Call me biased 'cause he's voting me but it's more the fact that he keeps doing it and hasn't updated his reasoning in some time, even now that he doesn't think eb (with whom he previously paired me) is suspicious.

That said, you wanna explain yourself donut before I return the favor?
mainly because lynching eberron is going to lead down a line of mislynch and while akumu is probably town a few of the other pushers are scum and if you look at the rest of this readwall it seems like something I'd do(that's not a compliment I'm bad at readwalls) and this it's sorta just like "yea my gut says town/scum"

Other pushers... that's pretty much just me?

What makes me scum and why so reluctant to refer to me by name? Why so reluctant to explain why lynching berro would be a mislynch? This defense (while he only had two votes on him) is just so obvious and overreactive that yeah I'm pretty sure you and berro are scummates.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
yyyyup I'm feelin' this now vote icanhasdonut

(04-22-2014, 03:42 AM)seedy Wrote: »nova I'd like you to consider this
scum can say "hey give me reads" just as easily as town and I'm really not sure why you have garuru so much higher than schazer since they've HONESTLY been pretty similar.

Because Schazer has stopped. Plus I just didn't like the way she hopped right on Sol after Garu. Everyone who's played this game several times should know by now that two people can do the exact same things and give off totally different vibes.

Also now she's back to talking about mechanics so :v

(04-22-2014, 04:08 AM)Schazer Wrote: »First mention of pie in-thread was Watts on D3

Homework homeowners
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
(04-22-2014, 04:11 AM)eberron Wrote: »Ugh, yep. That was bad. But I did get a hunch at what flavors were made.

True, did you learn anything when you ate your pie and got hit with the 2nd?

I did not get hit by a second pie, nor did the one I ate have any apparent effect.

If you want you can try some of the pie goop on me if you want to make sure it's pie. Maybe compare it against whatever flavor you got.
why would i defend eberron so strongly if we were both scum? that's a recipe for scumdisaster.
yeah life is messy. I work fulltime and in a week and a half I have to do my doctoral defense.

uhhhh I'll try to get back with actual analysis but right now what I have to say is that Vote: Eberron.

being /way/ too trusting of Mirdini's reads there. I mean yes deens is townfirmed but also he didn't have info.
By Their Votals Shall You Know Them

Truegreen - 2 (Schazer, Whimbrel)
eberron - 3 (Akumu, Garuru, Sotek)
Nova - 1 (icanhasdonut)
icanhasdonut - 1 (Nova)

With 15 alive and active, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 26 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
(04-22-2014, 03:44 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »why would i defend eberron so strongly if we were both scum? that's a recipe for scumdisaster.

in which he says "thats too obvious for scum to do, therefore im not scum". reverse psychology, yadda yadda.

point: you were defending eberron. even if you deny this, it's right there in your post.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]