Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation
well can't say I'm particularly happy with the people who jumped on the wagon after me (more Schazer than garuru at this point, if Sol flips town Schazer definitely someone who I think needs further investigation - note Schazer, not Slorange)

full reads etc. coming about an hour before deadline after I've gotten some sleep

also Truegreen eat the pie or so help me god I will turn this lynch wagon straight onto you
also if anyone else has the ability to extend the day another 24 hours I'd be much obliged

I mean I doubt it but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to dying
Ok so my brain wasn't in the right gear so I didn't really get that much more out of re-read. Blech. Though in the same vein that I declared Palamedes+Akumu and Eberron+Nova are not scumbuds, Bigro+Slorange are not scumbuds (according to this notepad file I had up from Friday, so it was something I saw happen in D2).

I get that my votehop was skeevy but I'll defend myself tomorrow if I gotta?

I can't say with any certainty @Dini that Truegreen's going to show up in the next six hours before deadline, so you might not get your pie action that you're wanting. I'd support you with a speedlynch on Truegreen at this stage though, because that vote on Garuru felt super-damning in the sense it was very opportunistic.

I know Donut said homework and colds were a thing but they're getting my stern attention tomorrow because despite a list of what he guesses are people's alignments, I don't recall 'em committing to anything.
Uh, I don't really think that contributing votes to an almost certainly end-of-day wagon is scummy at all? Then again it isn't really definitely town, but at this point, it's either contributing votes to a lynch that will happen (and that I'm totally okay with happening) or keep my vote on someone else that will most likely not be lynched, unless people step it up. Contributing votes will help in the long run, just in case some people on the wagon feel like unvoting at the last minute, just to have a no lynch today. If you think you can wrangle a Truegreen lynch, then I'm all for it.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(04-13-2014, 11:38 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Vote: Solaris to make it a surer thing.

OOH GIRL

COMIN' FOR THAT BOOTY TOMORROW

(04-13-2014, 11:47 PM)Garuru Wrote: »okay i guess i will vote: Solaris as well to make it a surer surer thing.

Gonna call that one a nulltell
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
I'd popcorn.gif in semi-sarcastic anticipation, but considering that sigquote I feel like that'd be too much ownage for you to handle.
popcorn gif?
Back on MSPAF a lot of people would post gifs as reactions to things, to express emotions like incredulity, shaking their head, "I give no shits", etc. A gif of someone eating popcorn was generally used as "oh man check out this spectacle that's about to go down." In true internet fashion, sarcasm is hard to convey so it could be used earnestly or in a mocking fashion, and nobody could really tell the difference eventually.

"popcorn.gif" is a phrase that's kind of meant to encompass the aforementioned associated feeling, albeit more sarcastically because I'm being lazy and not bothering to find a real picture because I'm a scrub.

tl;dr it's mafia jargon and I should feel bad for using it
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Fb200c...oOxEiIZHLg]

i miss reaction gifs
well damn that sure was an embarrassing hotlink block. preview your posts next time, garu.

[Image: 2283684-Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif]
nice.
Alright, I have to make a decision regarding my pie or something. (Also, sorry for not being on much, birthday celebrations!) Also, Unvote Garuru because that was a bit stupid of me (to just leave it there) and I guess I don't know what I'm doing.

I would vote Solaris, but honestly, I don't remember a single one of their posts, and the hell if I'm going to go back and pore through a bunch of text at this late hour. Whatever.

Ok, so pie thingie. I was sent the information on the pie on the last night on my quicktopic with Fogel. I have to admit that I have not been checking it lately so it kind of took me by surprise near the end of this day.

It says nothing about the pie except that it appeared in front of my door and that I can eat it or throw it at someone (or just let it expire). Suspicious. Mirdini seems to know something about said pie as he has said it would improve my standing with others by eating it.

Now being a character of paranoid nature, I of course do not necessarily trust Mirdini, despite the fact that he is quite likely town (Though until tomorrow occurs and we find out whether he's dead or not we cannot be certain). I see several scenarios where Mirdini would make a vague implication like this (Assuming he knows the true nature of said pie). Few of them are good.

Personally I believe it is poison. I believe should I consume this confectionary I shall be eternally removed from this game. It would put a lot of people at ease about my alignment I'm sure, but the problem would be that I would be an Ex-townie. I'd rather not die so early in the game.

So, I have several options right now.
1. Mirdini elaborates on what he knows about this devious pastry and I make a decision (Shaky as I don't know for sure I can trust him to tell me the truth.).

2. I can hold onto the pie and let it expire tonight.

3. I can hit Solaris with it when his lynching seems imminent, shedding light on further mysterious midnight pastries.

4. I can throw it at Mirdini who is, by his own claim, dead anyways for the same reason as (3.)

5. I can throw it at someone I don't like (Solidarity with my previous statements YAY!)

6. I can throw it at someone NOBODY likes (Which worryingly enough appears to be myself)

7. I can eat it myself (Loathe to do so, but still might if I am feeling particularly suicidal)

8. Something different

Ok you know what. I am going to wait for a bit, If Mirdini or someone else makes a convincing argument for me to eat it (poison or not) I will eat it myself. Otherwise, I am just going to hold onto it.
I doubt that Mirdini actually knows what the pie does (or that he's gonna make it online before deadline, so you listen up sonnie.) Mirdini is making an educated guess that it is one of any of the following:

a) It does nothing
b) It kills you if you eat it
c) It kills the recipient if you throw it at them
d) It gives somebody information about your role or alignment (e.g. it's a copping, or it tells the Piemaker what your abilities are) if you eat it
e) It does the same, but to the person who gets pied
f) It leaves a persistent effect that may prove positive or negative

Things we know about the pie:
1) It wasn't intended for you, if Garu is correct about their oneshot Superwatchering, because it was given to Person A, redirection antics happened (obligatory: Simple setup my ass), and it ended up at your doorstep.
2) We don't know who, if anyone, received a pie on N1. The pie could be oneshot. The pie could be sent every night and Cyber got it N1. The pie could have been sent to one of the players who haven't been active since N1 and they haven't mentioned pie receipt.

My personal guess is that the pie performs an investigative action on the eater. If you are town, it's almost certainly to town's benefit for you to eat that pie, because with the current information handy we have to assume it's the only pie we get.
Basically my vote is you eat the pie. It probably won't kill you and it'll make you look protown if you do eat it and survive. If you stall or otherwise avoid eating it, that's going to make you a target for vig kills and possibly tomorrow's lynch.

You don't trust me though so you should certainly ask other people for their take. They will probably say the same thing.
You make a reasonable argument.

I'm tired, and I'm feeling a bit insane. So I am going to take this personal risk.

Despite it being fairly out of character for Theo...

I am going to Eat The Pie.

Let's hope it doesn't kill me
What Schazer said

Eat the pie because if you don't eat the pie I am (and people in general will be) far less convinced that you're town since why would town be so worried about something that isn't even necessarily a negative action (and also if you do end up dying at least you tell the rest of the game that pies are poisonous)

And really? You feel you can't /trust/ me?

I'm going to flip in a bit over an hour I have no reason to lie
Truegreen starts devouring a pie right in front of everyone.

Nothing seems to happen, other than a demonstration that Truegreen's one messy eater.
sigh

still suspicious of true green despite all the claims of "newbie" and all the meta that it speaks off, palamedes has been too easy to agree with thing imo, im unsure of what to really think about this whole thing with people just following mirdini, still think that the likes that instantly Had To Disproove Slor were not looking in towns bests intrests, schaz and seedy and slor are probably town, donut and gnuaga are less sure after ttoday, still think eberron was a innocent d1 townie lynch, sorta feel like at least some chunk of scum has to be in the L U R K S Q U A D

[Image: it-sure-is-cuco.png]

bye la bye and good luck, sorry that i didnt play better but despite me wanting to play better mood things and time have just stopped me so i guess ill stop having my vote be useless and uh, vote where my gut goes

Unvote: Bigro

Vote: Palamedes
Welp

[Image: iJL3i8irTnX1H.gif]

Even better that he did it without my further prompting (yeah yeah possible scum coaching but the 'it's out of character' fear of eating pie feels pretty valid to me in terms of being something a townie would do)

Where is solariiiiiiiis

reads incoming regardless
actually this pie shit makes me feel more Vote: Truegreen
oh man me and mirdini get to die together thats a trip
ONCE I WAS THE NINJA

NOW I AM THE NINJA'D

shame committing seppuku isn't a particularly impressive move from me at this point
unironically looking forward to sharing a death chat with you
(04-14-2014, 05:04 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Truegreen starts devouring a pie right in front of everyone.
N1 1;20 N2 5;14
Nothing seems to happen, other than a demonstration that Truegreen's one messy eater.

Welp that revealed absolutely nothing, and we're what 40 minutes away from deadline?
Truegreen did you feel anything on your end after doing that?