Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 2: The Invisible Man
Pre-addendum: This is not a legitimately annoyed "X my ass", but it's midnight and I feel reasonably ok saying:

Straightforward setup my ass

(ofc this is when Slorange UNVEILS HIS LONG CON and it turns out he's actually a town vijanitor to call bullshit on Granola)
(03-31-2014, 12:41 PM)Truegreen Wrote: »Your post sets off red flags which I have explained in detail over several posts.
You haven't, though. Most of your reasoning has been begging the question (your claim is suspicious because it's suspicious, I don't like it because I don't like it), and even if that weren't the case there's no reason not to reiterate yourself now. There's a reason I added the qualifier substantive to my post: you need to provide some concrete reasoning behind "This all just seems unlikely", or your vote is bad. That said, you go on to describe the case against me as "mostly conjecture", so why are you so determined to push the lynch that's based so much on guesswork?

(03-31-2014, 12:41 PM)Truegreen Wrote: »My major issue is that I am absolutely sure you are lying about your power and the nature of the kill.
Why?

(03-31-2014, 12:41 PM)Truegreen Wrote: »It's just too convenient that today started with so little information, I see that as an indicator that you are either scum or a third party.
If I were scum or third-party, why would I claim to have something to do with the mystery kill, rather than just going "Aww shucks we don't know anything yet, guess I'll hop on a pushable bandwagonnn"? Why does that action cement me as one of those alignments? It's a lazy vote and a lazy suspicion.

(03-31-2014, 12:41 PM)Truegreen Wrote: »Also those defending you kind of tick me off, I see most of their defenses as highly based on personal or dogmatic reasoning
Actually with you there. My claim was a null tell. Nobody should be more or less suspicious of me for it.

(03-31-2014, 03:00 PM)Granolaman Wrote: »I guess it's time to come clean.
Bahahahaha! Never has being wrong felt so right. secretdoublevotepowers: Granolaman

(03-31-2014, 03:18 PM)Schazer Wrote: »(ofc this is when Slorange UNVEILS HIS LONG CON and it turns out he's actually a town vijanitor to call bullshit on Granola)

Nope, as has been pointed out a couple of times, I'm just not that smart.

Unvote Slorange 2014: Too Dumb For Scum
Votals and Juliet

Nova - 3 (Palamedes, Dalmationer)
eberron - 2 (Sotek, Granolaman)
Truegreen - 1 (eberron)
Akumu - 1 (Seedy)
Sotek - 1 (Garuru)
Slorange - 1 (Truegreen)
Granolaman - 4 (Schazer, Slorange, Solaris, Nova)

I need to keep these things updated more often, there were like three pages.
Might have missed a vote or two, particularly if you just bolded a name and didn't state voting intent.

With 20 players alive and present, it takes 11 to lynch and six to soft lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, April 1 at 11:59 PM.
I didn't really have the time to defend myself/push the slorange vote today so infodumping seemed like the solid option here (seriously, I can't imagine why that lynch didn't get more support). The janitor screwed me big time by not backing me up so now the whole scumteam gets to suffer. Going full protown ain't even gonna hurt my agenda too bad either. I've managed to fuck over everything even at my towniest (see: Revenge of the Trainwreck).

The way I see it now you can either finish lynching me and verify what I've told you, but basically get nothing from the wagon since I'm 3-p, or you can take down eberron, keep my info as "solid but unverified" but also get all the juicy data and possible scumlynch off of 'ron. Plus there's the bonus of keeping me around (and I promise to play protown until D6 or so) versus keeping eberron around (who's kinda dropping off the network around now anyways so yay lurker problems!)
well then that sure is
a thing

im pretty keen on not leaving a third party around!

also i doubt that granola has zero powers other than Being A Bodystacker? while i think that he Probably DOesn't have a regular kill, he probably has the same sort of one-shot nonsense slorange has?
Yeah nah, It doesn't really check out to me that you've got a bodystacker duo where one's like an ubercop and the other guy's just a wet fart looking to make a morgue-stack.

I'll have another look over how Granola responded to Slorange's claim in the morning*, because this could easily be scum fakeclaiming in the hopes a dashing and handsome Disgruntled Protector will take them under their rugged, manly, 3P-nurturing wing

*Like, the "I'm totally a functioning adult" morning
oh hey, the granola lynch is actually moving in the happening direction? Vote: Granolaman.

(yes, this isn't really content. I'm sorry. ;_; at least you get something from me while at work.)
(03-31-2014, 04:42 PM)Granolaman Wrote: »I promise to play protown

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Attemps at xontrolling sks=buckets of tears postgame
that nd "lol i got no useful powers"
Vote Granola

(more detailed reread and analysis comong in like 2 hours probably?)
Technically my power was the ability to pick my partner. Cyber could also technically trade his investigations for kills so bravo the sk is dead. Busy for the rest of the day so please don't lynch me before tomorrow
so you are a bodystacker with cult tendencies and you want us to let you live?
"-No alignment changes"
+ "Technically my power was the ability to pick my partner."
= lies.
granola are you palamedes from rtfia
because this is the vibe i'm getting

(context:even night ninja, claimed one shot public scientist that had to wait 5 days to activate)
fogel im voting granola. and yes i am still voting him because i absolutely do not trust third party claims, especially not coming from granola this game.

i also really would prefer not to let a third party (especially a bodystacker!) live, as theyre too unpredictable and potentially anti-town
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I've only dropped into light lurker mood because Slorange, Green and Granola were in quite the back and forth and I feared that any post I'd make would either just state what was already said or become worthless do to a post coming up while I'm typing.

I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure on the ability of a bodystacker but it's clearly thrown red flags everywhere. Very much feels like this is a scum friendly role and promising to play protown till D6 is enough for me to Vote Granola.
I'm still voting for nova because I'm stubborn and it takes more than a whole bunch of intrigue and new information to change my mind!!!

What even is a bodystacker anyway?
So I was hoping to get a chance (read: a real computer) to start making posts again but that's apparently not going to happen. So here is what I've got, condensed and stream-of-consciousness because I don't have an hour to spend making a fully detailed and organized post with what I have.

I really am starting to dislike how people (Schazer, Slorange mostly) keep pointing out flaws in their own arguments/detracting from them, especially when they then going on and repeating them anyways/criticizing people for picking at said flaws.

Eberron makes a post going 'oh no I wasn't trying to go against slorange he's the best but hey this guy is totally doing it so could you go after him instead'. Suspicious.

There's a lot of long but ultimately useless posts arguing mechanics and opposing playstyles (everyone starting with an s, I'm looking at you), but none seem all that malicious, that is to say that people are making long posts just to look like their a leader.

Disagree strongly with seedy, since it seems like a lot of her anti-Akumu arguments are because of playstyle differences and tunneling. That said, it actually gives me a town read on her? I feel like scum usually tries to go for easy sells and following others onto lynches, and basically just lynch more fluidly. Basically, being so deadest on wanting someone dead for such an insignificant thing and thus draw negative attention to yourself is inherently dangerous for scum to do. It's a lighter towered, but still it's there. Similar sentiments for Sotek and Truegreen.

There's a lot of 'idly condemning the eberron wagon' (Granolaman, 278), which is crazy suspicious because
A) I still think she's suspicious
B) nobody's really defended eberron, either through pointing out what she's doing is townish or by countering the points made against her
C) Beyond the wagon-hoppers nobody seems to have any reason why to suspect anyone who was on it

Granolaman completely ignores the concept of distancing yourself from scummates (usually by arguing with each other, I think Schazer already talked about it D1)

Watts thinks that just saying 'interesting' without elaborating counts as something.

Garuru criticizes Schazer for helping a specific newbie (when they were the only newbie talking and thus the only one to be helped), also ignoring all the mechanics talk she did D1. Rest of post was sensible and well reasoned.

Then there's a solid bit of nothing-but-emphasizing how participation is important with far too much text.

Prediction: nothing will be made out of Dalmationer in post 299 for jumping on the bandwagon because of 'vibes', with no comments on anything else. Looks worse given the previous speeches on participation.

(Moving to page 13 now. Probably should have started by saying I was starting from my last post on page 42.)

Holy crap scummy donut is right, Slorange has said nothing about what is going on for practically the whole game (despite being one of the more active participants). He's only talked about mechanical/playstyle stuff and his claim. Which makes him criticizing people for playing and only responding to questions super weird. Note: donut did not actually say that, I am paraphrasing what his post asking about NovaWatts made me realize.

Granola makes another good point regarding Slorange

Eberron unvotes Truegreen despite the latter saying almost nothing (different, at least) since the vote came on. Didn't revote either, so it's not like she had a better suspect.

Schazer vote on granola is strange. Granola is kind of not a better info lynch (I'm being facetious, I know that was a statement of suspicion, but it's still strange that she'd provide no counterpoint).

Slorange finally gives an opinion, except it's just a 'no strong feelings either way' kind of thing. Them he votes granola for being wonky and using doublespeak which aren't exactly the hardest bits of evidence or strongest opinions I've seen.

(Page 14 now, whoooo)

Schazer starts off by asking why scum would use Slorange's claimed power D1. I'd like to follow Garuru here and point to Occam's Razor. If Slorange is scum (he does look pretty suspicious) he's almost definitely lying. Schazer you even said at the start of the day that this kill was something you'd expect from him.

To be clear I think Slorange is either town or lying scum, not that he used some ridiculous power to fakeclaim (because hey, a regular scum janitor could easily do the exact same thing).

Solaris you don't like the people on the eberron wagon. We get that. Now why? besides eberron being new (and I respect your decision there but don't get why it doesn't seem to apply to other new people) what makes you think she's so town and everyone voting her ever is scum.

Don't worry Agentblue, I thought this was going to be a more lighthearted game too. You bring up a good point on Gnauga though, who is someone I didn't even think about ever (which is odd because a fair amount of people have her down as town). Interesting note: my first scum game on forums (Crooks Hollow, several of you were there). I did exactly that as scum, with Mirdini. It got me killed and him practically confirmed scum by the end when we could have easily had the game in the bag by day three.

(Page 15, the promised land is near!)

Wait donut, there was a debate between you and granola? (besides the one about which is a better secondary breakfast option at least.) Did that happen? Do I have to slog through the thread again looking for it ahhhhhh-wait no you're quoting. Thank god.

Watts you are (at least partially) redeemed for that wall. Normally I hate walls but can respect your points (though there's one thing I don't get which i'll come to in a second). That said, I will kill the next person to accuse me of petering out and vanishing for no reason (especially as a sign that I'm suspicious) because I've stated repeatedly that I'm having a hell of a time posting.

Wait no never mind that thing, I was going to say I don't get why people think granola is so scum but there it is. Bodystacker claim. vote: Granolaman. That said, Slorange having multiple powers on top of his already ridiculous one feels more and more like bs.

A bodystacker is someone who wants the game to get to three people remaining (one scum, two town).

Now, reads (sort of a TL;dr I suppose):

Great reads: I have no great reads
Good reads: seedy (though you're still probably wrong), truegreen, sotek, AgentBlue
Alright reads: NovaWatts, Akumu, Garuru
Eye of suspicion: Schazer, Gnauga, donut
We'd be better off if you were dead: granola, Slorange, Solaris, eberron
Lurkers (so we'd also technically be better off with you dead): basically anyone whose name isn't here
Ebwop: holy crap that's long. Again, I apologize.

Also hey that only took two hours longer than my estimated max time.

I'll try to at least be around to make quick remarks/answers, for at least a little while, since I know disappearing is abhorrent and that what I just posted is a nightmare.
(03-31-2014, 08:26 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Watts thinks that just saying 'interesting' without elaborating counts as something.

That's not nice :c I busted my ass on that wall
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
pff that sounds funny outta context
And now that I read farther and see my name was other places in that post

(03-31-2014, 08:26 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Normally I hate walls

First off, rofl

Quote:That said, I will kill the next person to accuse me of petering out and vanishing for no reason (especially as a sign that I'm suspicious) because I've stated repeatedly that I'm having a hell of a time posting.

I... didn't accuse you of that though? I accused you of voting early then saying nothing of substance except when spoken to. It's not that you didn't talk, it's that you did and all I heard was blah blah blah. If that was not aimed at me then nvm :x
(03-31-2014, 08:02 PM)Dalmationer Wrote: »I'm still voting for nova because I'm stubborn and it takes more than a whole bunch of intrigue and new information to change my mind!!!

"Bodystackers?" Robert muses calmly. "Sounds like some terrifying beast from a horror story. Could make for a nice addition to the anthology, if I make it out of here alive, that is."
[Image: xwldX.gif]
So you did. Who the hell was I reacting to then?

Anyways, I maintain that one can flap their gums (have suspicions) of people besides their lynch target (as in other suspicious people) while still thinking their vote is in the right place. Otherwise, what's the problem with tunneling?

Also yeah it's a little ironic, but I also hate making walls. I also think it's super fitting that I managed to get it into the last post on the page.
(03-31-2014, 08:47 PM)Gnauga Wrote: »
(03-31-2014, 08:02 PM)Dalmationer Wrote: »I'm still voting for nova because I'm stubborn and it takes more than a whole bunch of intrigue and new information to change my mind!!!

"Bodystackers?" Robert muses calmly. "Sounds like some terrifying beast from a horror story. Could make for a nice addition to the anthology, if I make it out of here alive, that is."

"I could tell you who else at the party has a STACKED BODY," says Anona, not really bothering to indicate anyone in particular.
(03-31-2014, 08:53 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Anyways, I maintain that one can flap their gums (have suspicions) of people besides their lynch target (as in other suspicious people) while still thinking their vote is in the right place. Otherwise, what's the problem with tunneling?

But to have that much conviction in a D1 target? Struck me unusual. Then again I wave my vote around like an 8" dick so maybe I'm projecting

And I've not heard tunneling used in a positive context yet so