Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog

Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog
RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
If you're talking about the email field on your user profile, I'm 90% sure that it doesn't show your actual email address.

I'll look into it today once I'm awake and double-check how it works for you.
I mean the little email button that appears right next to the pm button at the bottom of posts.
Ayup. I've dicked around in the settings, and now there's no way to send folks emails. I've also removed the link on your user profile page, because it imparts no useful information seems pointless to have the link and it only leads to a NOPE page.

In the event anyone is urgently worried about a user's wellbeing, I can always send emails on their behalf so the minimum number of people know folks' contact information.

I'll note that your email address was never visible; instead of the link saying "mailto:anaddress@gmaildotcom", it goes to a little page with a textbox and ET passes the message on for you.

E: You're right that I should just change the settings so "show email to other users" is disabled by default, but based on how the Admin Control Panel is laid out that's beyond my capabilities. So, I found a workaround and got rid of some superfluous garbage on user profile pages while I was at it.
Are there ways to start autosaving drafts? I'm getting a little tired of losing my adventure updates when firefox crahes.
You must be registered to view this content.
(The delete post thing isn't new, I'm not sure about the other thing you've described but I don't think that's new either...)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Yeah me too, it only worked on the over-forum and not on subfora.

Yeah! I found the switch which does this, so now you can mark (for example) Games as unread by going straight to Grand Battles, which is the sensible state of affairs if there were no unread posts for you in the overforum.

Not sure about post deletion; pretty sure that's been a thing for a good while?
Neat. I'd been assuming I just hadn't discovered the marking features until recently, not that they were new.
Gatr Wrote:i do wish that username mentions would ping me here. kinda like what i saw on another forum with @Gatr and suchlike.
This actually sounds pretty cool.

In theory it could help bring people into conversations they might otherwise would have missed, and it could reflect similar systems found on other sites that users might already be familiar with.

Like with all things, we'd have to agree not to be jerks about it. An option to turn on/off ping notifications (with the default set to off) could help that a lot.
Add a [bg] tag as an abbreviation of the [background] tag
[bg] now does the same thing as [background]!

For the tagging system, I did find this - it does bother me somewhat that there's no added option for the user to opt out of getting tagged, but at any rate we have the technology. If folks could chime in on whether they think it's a good feature to add?
(04-19-2016, 11:18 PM)Schazer Wrote: »[bg] now does the same thing as [background]!
Thank you.
Yes that is a good feature

I love background
Sig:
SpoilerShow
being able to opt out of being tagged in a specific forum. in case, I don't know, we don't want 1000000000 messages when we're tagged in hawkspace.

Which will be often.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I am less interested in a ping system
Is a tag for showing alt text a thing that is doable?
(04-19-2016, 11:18 PM)Schazer Wrote: »For the tagging system, I did find this - it does bother me somewhat that there's no added option for the user to opt out of getting tagged, but at any rate we have the technology. If folks could chime in on whether they think it's a good feature to add?

One option says: "Allow tagging only for certain user groups."

Maybe we could do a trial run where users sign up if they want to be part of the "tagable" group. Maybe with a thread on this subforum?

Are users able to be part of multiple groups in MyBB? If not , then this might not be the best option.
A few minor/convenience-related suggestions (idk if you have enough power over the website to implement these):

Have the banner link to the forum index, so I don't have to click on the tiny forum index button.
Display pronouns and/or gender under users' avatar so you don't have to go to their page and check
Show the date when a thread was created below the thread title

None of these are really important, they're just things that were on MSPAF that I thought could make navigating the site a little easier.
Fair enough. Those were just some things I thought might be useful, I wasn't expecting them to be implemented tbh.
(05-23-2016, 03:55 AM)Wheat Wrote: »At most if that's made a displayed option it'd be an optional "display pronouns" just like how a forum title is optional, and that's functionally the same as what people can do now by including preferred pronouns in sig or title.

this looks tacky and i'm uncomfortable with it but i'll keep this for 24 hours and see if i'm still making fun of myself by then

also i mgiht want to disable signatures

that's what we're talking about. how that's not how it's done here.
signature
I had a look over what I'm capable of doing with my skills+access and the answer is "none of the above."

There are MyBB mods for alt text tags on images, but they require installation.
I can change the banner image, but can't find where to even change the text that links to the IRC let alone make the image into a hyperlink. I'd guess it's somewhere in the templates but I'm a really fun combination of stressed and stumped?
Similarly I can add more custom profile fields but they'd only show up on user profile pages. I'm not sure how to change the content visible on the left of everyone's posts. My preference is for pronouns to stay on user pages unless there's a way that lets me state specifics on my profile but check an option so that doesn't show up next to my posts.

These are all things I can talk to Pinary about re: feasibility, so i'll do that.