Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [D4: Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust
Lurking, being scum, hiding away from Pines' prophecy because they've probably forgotten what they're supposed to be doing with it.
I forgot it was there in the first place, but since you now actually feel that my mason claim is true then I'll add that Sol's post could also imply that he meant Fogel, but in this case, it does not, due to the fact I was masoned with him as the day started, not the night before when he was with Fogel.

It also should heavily imply that I am not, in fact, the mafia roleblocker. If I was scum with the mason power, I would have well and truly known that Sol was insane or at least not accurate before Sruix claimed, that means that killing him would not have been in my interests. Not much anyway, unless I thought he was a threat to the godfather or some other scenario where scum could be implied.

Except by killing him I would have acknowledged his claims and therefore gotten the scum into deeper stuff. Which is why I think there is a chance that Sruix is telling the truth, but very unlikely.

But that's all wine really. Frankly Wheat while I remain talkative and you of course post more than anyone that your efforts really would be of more use if you could try and get others to talk, much in the same way you've done to me.
Solaris and I didn't talk a whole lot before the night ended, he didn't reveal anything to me and I didn't to him.

I barely remember anything about Day 1 so I have no idea what I was thinking at that point. Not in the slightest. As for reads, off the top of my head the main read I have is that you seem to be reaching in every direction, but with the sudden slowness of the game this is kind of understandable whichever side you're on. However, if you're scum, it's a good opportunity to play "which townie would be easiest to mislynch", so it's making me wary, especially with you leading the effort to lynch Malky yesterday.

As for Malky. Well, this gets into who I am.

See, according to my role PM, I'm a doctor. Specifically, I can select someone and use my mental powers to protect them with "positive energy".

Except, once Tea fell and was revealed as a doctor, I came to the conclusion that I was probably a quack. I decided to try using my doctoring anyways, just in case it had some kind of effect I didn't know about.

PYP's cocktail on N1 gave me two uses of my night action. More or less at random, I picked g0m and Schazer.

Schazer died, of course, pretty much confirming me as a quack. But the fact that there was just one death made me wonder: what if g0m was a hitman or serial killer, and I'd actually blocked him? So the next night, lacking any better ideas, I "doctored" him again. And again, just one kill.

At this point, I wasn't sure what to think - did we have a killer I was blocking through sheer luck who didn't want to admit to it, or was there just one kill per night normally and I wasn't doing anything? Malky could have been either a townblocker and I did something else, or a Mafia blocker and I was the town's only blocker, and I really didn't have anything more than a hunch either way. Since I didn't really have stronger thoughts on anyone else and the whole day was turning into a mess, ultimately I just kind of went with it in hopes that it would at least sort something out.

By this point, I was convinced I wasn't doing anything, so I just picked Slorange as a target randomly. Then we wake up and there's two kills.

I think that's all I have to say right now, I may have more later.
Sweet questiontime.

Sadly I am getting on a plane soonish and then I'll be gone for a bit but I'll (hopefully?) be back in time to answer.
Wheat Wrote:Sanzh claimed a gamblerwarlockdude so he is like zero help guys and dolls. Sanzh who else did you gamble on so far.

g0m predicted Pinary would get lynched on N1 and N2 which makes no real sense, I predicted PL-- in retrospect I should have predicted someone else and given it more thought but it was an hour past the night deadline, I hadn't read all of the thread, and I'm not even that good at mafias. I think my rationale at the time was that he seemed sloppy about jumping on some of the bandwagons. I'm guessing that he's not scum, just not the best cop?

Right now I'm suspicious of TimeothyHour, Sruixan, and possibly also Whimbrel. Times' account doesn't match an earlier account, it doesn't really make sense to have that many investigative roles, and he's been kinda out of the way all game. Sruixan has the fishy busdriver claim and a cop-guilty on him. Whimbrel just hasn't said much-- plus an out of the blue vote for Mirdini from her. Doesn't mean she's scum, but it does seem like she doesn't want to be noticed. There is, however, the fact that she's inexperienced, so I wouldn't want to lynch her, but it'd be nice if she said more.

It seems like most of the evidence for lynching me seems to be circumstantial, which I guess is better than no evidence but not by much. The lynchpin of the argument for lynching Sruixan is Sol's cop results, the argument for lynching me is the combined claims of Sruixan, Times, and apparently now Fogel.

Urgh I'm probably providing more fodder for support of lynching me but it's better than posting nothing.
Even if Slorange votes, the two votes on me still fuck over the prophecy. If Pinary is telling the truth (and I don't yet have reason to believe otherwise) he'll need PL and Sruixan to unvote.
I'm not going to vote yet, but unless something significant happens overnight my vote will be for Sruixan.
Unvote
Vote Sruixan

Meh. Die, Scumdriver! :v

My explanation is that I happen to be horrible in this game. Wheee. \o/

But for reals, I wanted to lynch gomshanz regardless of what Sruixan said, and I really thought that PYP was a quite opportunistic scum.
Sruixan - (4) - Drakenforge, Pinary, ProfessorLizzard, Wheat
Pinary – (3) - Mirdini, Woffles, Dragon Fogel
Sanzh - (1) - Sruixan

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft lynch. Deadline is 27 October 7PM GMT.
Right, well fair do's then. If people figure lynching me is the way forward, I can't exactly complain. Going for Sanzh at some point would be lovely, mind, but then you'll have my flip against him so it was probably a bit stupid for me to hold the thought that you'd be ok with lynching him today. With Slorange seemingly unavailable, we might be in something of a situation, so I figure I oughta do the very least I can do to help...

Vote: Sruixan

There we go. Now Drak can get on me so that if Slorange only shows up ridiculously close to the line we only then need Pines to show up to stop him from dying.

I should be around all day tomorrow, except for just around the deadline. I'll probably spend a bit of time somewhen doing my final thoughts since tomorrow we're gonna need all the help we can get... off the top of my head, Sanzh needs to die and Times probably needs knocking off too since I can't for the life of me come up with a way that his hole-riddled claim can mean he's town...
This Is Worth Noting, I Suppose

Sruixan - (5) - Drakenforge, Pinary, ProfessorLizzard, Wheat, Sruixan
Pinary – (3) - Mirdini, Woffles, Dragon Fogel

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft lynch. Deadline is 27 October 7PM GMT.
Wheat Wrote:Woffles why do you get so cagey and seem to disappear completely whenever I say "cult leader" also do you know anything about the bonuses your teammates got from the fight? Why were you suspicious of MrGuy but not DragonFogel? What do you have to say about Sanzh and TimeothyHour? What do you think of Drakenforge coming to your aid with an argument against MrGuy with a vote as soon as someone voted for you D3? Why in Bob's name would you ask about whether or not I was lovers

There is pretty much nothing I can bring in against the first point. If you're going to theorise that I'm a cult leader (and also apparently a sereal killer) then I can only say "no I'm not" and you say "yeah you are" and just try and guess what I'm gonna say after that. I haven't been informed of any bonuses. Since whoosh mentioned it at the start, that's the last time I even picked up on the effects of the other members winning or losing, and if I had I would've shared it already. I am not sure why you think I should be suspicious of Dragon Fogel. If you are again referring to the duel bear in mind that you were the one to point out Guy and Fogel were on the same team. I was suspicious of Sanzh and Times for that reason because back then we had an unexplained connection between the two, and now, even though I'm far from absolving Sanzh of suspicion, I'm not holding that point against them anymore. I can't say much about Drake any more than you should be able to say about MrGuy or Proflizz buddying to hell and back with you. Drake's argument was pretty much bullshit though, it's like voting someone for backsass. I was curious to you living after Ix dying because from what I gathered you guys shared a nightchat and had a romantic evening. That flavor could mean anything, so I was interested in hearing more of the specifics of your masonry. I even think I said "obviously you're not lovers so what are you" in that post. I'm not sure where you're reading what you're reading.

Since we are going back to that last tidbit though, didn't you actually use this reasoning against me already first thing of day 3? Yeah you did, it made as much sense back then as it's doing right now, and you disguised it as a voting trap back then to catch Proflizz in it. So was he right all along? I'm also definitely not liking the overtone you're implying that me and Drake are scumteam while at the same time I'm a serial killer and a cult leader. In fact, a lot of your questions are loaded with bias and reasoning that can be just as much used against you than against myself, so I'm not sure why you're even disguising your FOS as questions.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Vote: Sruixan
Here's to hoping Slorange gets in a last-minute vote, plus some other person voting for Sruixan.
Wheat, I didn't say I was a definite roleblocker quack. In fact I was pretty sure I wasn't after Malky died.

I have no idea what I do, if anything. If I do roleblock, it's got to be conditional or something, because it seems to me it would be silly to have two roleblockers even if one didn't realize he was.
Shitshitshit, sorry, midterms and assignments and all sorts of other things on the go. Been watching but not really capable of much thought. Things have been building up in life, but Friday night and after are nice and clear.

whoosh!, should Sanzh still have Sruix's vote on him?

NO ONE SHOULD VOTE UNTIL SLORANGE DOES

SLORANGE, VOTE FOR FOGEL SO I DON'T DIE OF PROPHECY POISONING
I am currently posting to say that I have been pointed at this thread twice since I got internet back; I haven't read anything and I don't have time to right now, but I'll be catching up tonight.
...can I trust you guys not to lynch me until tomorrow... ok technically today because blimey did midnight sneak up unexpectedly... so that I can have some last words?

...no I can't can I? Sorry about this...

Unvote
Vote: Pinary

It'll go back on myself when I'm content I've said all I figure I oughta say. I'm not going to do so at a half past midnight and I daresay it shan't kill you all to wait twelve hours or so...

...yes I am holding you guys hostage slightly but fuck if you're going to lynch me then I'd like to think I have a few rights here...

welp

I'm 0k with this level of inactivity because it means I don't actually have to do anything else right now to get Pinary killed. Well, actually, I'd have rather preferred things if people had been active enough so that confusion could have reigned supreme and I might have gotten a sneaky unvote and henceforth not be about to die myself. Ho hum. Things can't be totally perfect, I guess.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and steal one of those twirly moustaches your archetypal villain sports and just sit in the corner cackling manically for a bit. Don't mind me...
This Too

Sruixan - (5) - Drakenforge, Pinary, ProfessorLizzard, Wheat, Sanzh
Pinary – (4) - Mirdini, Woffles, Dragon Fogel, Sruixan

SpoilerShow
My internet is once again being extremely uncooperative, as anyone on IRC should be able to tell you. I'll vote: Fogel, but it looks like (unless I'm mistaken) Sruixan's admitting to being scum and my vote won't make a difference. I'll try to get a decent post out before the dayend, but I don't promise I'll have five minutes of access to rub together. This post was made during an apparently-rare window, so we'll see.
Two and a half hours after deadline? Yeah, good luck with that, wheat...
Sorry to be a party pooper, wheat, but have a peek in the spoiler at the bottom of this post, wheat. Twilight ain't a thing no more, I'm afraid.

Not that I honestly mind; I'm abusing this time to muse as to whether or not I could pull one of my trademark codes out of the bag to say some final words to some good friends, but it's probably a wee bit questionable rules wise and to be honest I'm not too sure what I'd say anyway...
SpoilerShow

...well ok I suppose I can handle that. One sec, gonna go and find where I put that moustache...

So, um, would anybody like to unvote me? Pretty please? We're so going to win anyway, so unvoting me would just speed it up a little...

Also Wojj can I interest you in a brochure of ours? I mean, I don't know if you're interested at all since you're a bit of a wildcard, but if there's any survivor-esque implications to your role I guarantee you now that our product wil enable you to net a clean and easy win with our obviously superior side for a very competitive price! All you have to do is play some votes right at endgame and I'm sure we won't slaughter you mercilessly or anything like that.

...or maybe you're the SK? In which case, um, yeah, forget about the brochure. We'll just make sure you get mercilessly slaughtered at some point...

...or maybe you're just town now and am finding me somewhat obnoxious? Well, that's a problem that can be solved by, hmm, let's see, how about some nice merciless slaughter? That'd work, hey?

...or maybe you're a scum buddy and I'm only writing this because I need to hide a coded message or something and a really long and winey post seems like a good idea given the advanced nature of the hour...
Going to win anyway? How do you figure?
Wheat, I wouldn't ever counterclaim cop as scum.
That is not only suicide, but doesn't ever worth it for scum.

Plus I was willing to accept that I was the insane cop before Solaris flipped.

And now that Sruix has uncovered he is not town, I am feeling much better about Whim and some other people. And Slorange, why are you voting for Fogel, instead of helping us save Pinary's with his Prophecy :|?