Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [D2: Interceptor Intercepted]
Eddy pinches the bridge of his nose, and takes a long sigh. "Well, great. We're runnin' out of time, and seein' as everyone's getting on the Poison-wagon, it looks like that's our only chance of getting anything done. I'll tentatively throw my vote on there, just so we get somethin' done today, but I'm dubious about how it'll turn out." Vote: PYP

"Just like to mention that I find it rather curious that Pharmacy, having been voted for, only now manages to mention the whole fuckin' Hunter business, since I'm pretty sure I've seen 'em prowlin' around before today. But that's just idle suspicions, so take 'em as you will."
Guy, no other posts show up from Pharmacy in the thread since my claim.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
'M talkin' about IRC and stuff. Jeez.

( wait is there a rule against metagaming? if there's a rule against metagaming I'll stop )
<< Metagaming is not very good, I am not entirely sure that everyone checks Eagletime constantly so being on IRC and not the forums is understandable >>
At the sound of a familar voice, she smirked a smile of the Hunter. Hands itching at the corners of her pistol holsters. The duel may be rigged, oh how exhilaration the thrill of the gallant pursuit! As she knew, it was not who "won" or "lost" in this damned resort, but oh the process, the delirious ecstatic process! She simply could not wait. Despite her joy, she was a curt person and so her words shall be curt.

"I received your note via telephone. It said 'I get a half-win and a new full-win condition if I face the duel and survive. Is this the same for you? I'm willing to give us both a half-win and a chance at full-win if you're okay with rigging the duel if it rolls about,' didn't it?"
SpoilerShow

I went and re-read things, taking a few notes along the way, and I'm going to have to join people in voting Pick Yer Poison. Specifically, a few things jump out at me:
1. You missed an option in that big post of yours, Pipe: He was defending Sruix because he was genuinely not convinced Sruix was scum and wanted to see actual scum lynched and not just anyone besides him. Why do you not even bring up that simple explanation?
2. Actually, what was 2? In that same post, you just jumped from 1 to 3 and that's got me curious. What happened there?
3. Your behaviour in general strikes me as that of someone looking to just lynch someone, not someone out to actually pinpoint scum. Sruixan posted in a nervous and wordy fashion because he was coming back from a six-month silence to a group that may well have still harboured some hostility towards him and because he's Sruixan. If he'd responded in a yet-more nervous and wordy fashion, then you could have continued to work that tendency down to a lynch for some nervous and wordy guy. He didn't, though, so it was off to the current easy lynch, Tea.

Aside from Pipe, I'm also suspicious of Woffles (as others have also mentioned being) and now Pharms. I'd like to see this whole duel thing play out- if we hear "they duel and are now both essentially confirmed town" straight from whoosh!'s text-mouth, then I'm all good, but anything short of that reeks of a scum plot to me.

(I know, I know; calm yourself, assorted admirers. I am the master of detailed mafia analysis and scumlogics. I have the most insightful, detailed, and clearly-organized thoughts ever.)
Ugh, so both of them are equally nontalkers. woahWhoa

Unvote
that watermelon is supposed to be this gif Whoa
Indeed.

"Those two people claimed they are not town? I BET THEY ARE NOT TOWN." is a bit redundant.
So if we lynch either of us the other gets a full win right now, and if you guys want to go down that lane, be my guest, but I hope you can lynch Pharmsy instead then~ Still, it's not necessarily a call you have to make: I'm cool with the duel playing out in front of your skeptic town eyes, and I'm even comfortable setting the duel in the room of whoever you want us to (I don't know whether it'll have an effect or not, so letting you guys pick the stage is at least some sort of solace?) If there are any watchers or sensers or whatever in the house, they can confirm our duel taking place with both of us visiting the same person.

Also, this claim being a scum gambit would require some immense coordination, which there wasn't, seeing as Pharmacy claimed two pages later, and since we both had pretty comfortable seats at the start of day two, neither of us even befalling the smallest suspicion, I really don't see why we would both stick out our mafia necks like this with a shady, shaky third party claim. We'd be better off claiming town masons or something.
Just thought of something here typing quick: what kind of new win condition would a hunter get...? Not really imangining good thingnss
...aaaaaaaaaaargh sorry I appear to have forgotten that mafia takes time and with school having just resumed and pre-course tasks and Schmaltz II still not started and the mafia game on another forum I was in being in endgame yesterday this was probably a little too low on my priorities list for mine and anyone else's liking. Still, thank you Malky for pointing out that the one time I did try to pop in, these here fora weren't working for me and I did basically say "ack screw it". Ho hum.

Let me give this a nice proper read this evening and I'll see if there's anything I can do to contribute. The best I can say off the top of my head is that it seems a bit weird that there was only one kill and one roleblock last night, which maybe implies an SK out there got blocked? We did lynch the doctor yesterday, after all, and just the mafia kill in a game this size would be a bit silly. Dunno if that's helpful, but I haven't seen anyone else say it yet so I thought I best point it out at least...
Well I'm still not quite certain how SKs usually work, but do they have to kill? I can't imagine why one wouldn't kill on the first day, but yeah.

But in any case, Forge was the only one who claimed to have been roleblocked. Of course, there could be multiple roleblockers in this game and nobody decided to talk about being roleblocked or...something. But Forge is climbing up on my suspicion list. Though if he were SK, I kiiiinda doubt he would mention he was roleblocked when there was only one kill. But we haven't seen two kills yet, so maybe it's a good idea to wait and see.
Yep sorry I've not been posting in here as much as I should be. Mafia requires more time than I anticipated. I was going to go and do a quick reread and then I bluhhed off somewhere. Anyway:

I still hold the same opinion of Pyp's textwall that I did earlier in the day and Pines makes some good points. So I am going to lay down a Vote: Pick Yer Poison.

With regard to other stuff that has been happening:

g0m was being all mysterious on Day One, and now is popping up for one line posts with little to no content.

Both Pharms and whim have come on and slapped a vote down with no reasoning whatsoever, Pharms has since posted again without bothering to explain any reasoning despite being directly asked about it. I'm up for waiting and seeing what happens with regard to Pharms and Woff though.
At The Soft Lynch, On To The Proper

Pick Yer Poison - (8) - Wheat, TimeothyHour, MalkyTop, Whimbrel, Pharmacy, MrGuy, Pinary, Ixcaliber
ProfessorLizzard - (2) – Solaris, Mirdini
Pharmacy – (1) – ProfessorLizzard,

(Abstaining - 6 - Dragon Fogel, Woffles, Sruixan, Pick Yer Poison, Insufficient Fresh, g0m)

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch, and 6 to soft lynch. Due to events beyond my control, this day will last for the weekend and as long as it takes after that.
Whoosh, I have unvoted : O
Malky I promise you I cannot kill people okay?
But yeah we can muse about game mechanics and their strangeness (especially since no vanillas)
But that isn't really going to get us anywhere on day two. But the real killer, blocked or no, isn't exactly going to explain their actions.

I assume Whoosh meant that deadline is after the weekend, not the day will go on even if some unfortunate was to hammer Pyp. Though Pyp's lack of defence with this many votes is a thing.
I'd have to say that, of everything, is what I find the most suspicious of his actions today.
Alright, well, I'm two votes away from the lynch limit, and I'm currently past the softlynch one, so I suspect I'll probably be down at the end of the day.

Still, I'm going to Vote: Wojjan for still not answering me. How are you going to rig that duel?
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
In before PYP is vanilla town who just gives up.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do people do this. It does not help the scumhunt. At all.

And PL has still not said anything whatsoever in response to my earlier post, which is making me rarghier and rarghier at him. His "hey I'm voting/pointing out lurkers I'm helping" and not doing anything else after Pharms posted and made him unvote her since his "you were lurking" point evaporated (so she wasn't scummy for lurking in the first place, you were just voting her for looks?)

Vote: ProfessorLizzard HARDER :I

Pinary's wagonjump onto PYP is also noteworthy, no matter what Pips flips.

Though I have to say Pips going "hey I'm just going to keep poking these third party claims" instead of actually scumhunting isn't particularly helping his case in my eyes. I do believe he's not scum though, bleh.

I do like how Pinary criticizes Pipes for jumping on the Tealynch when he himself just stuck with a dumpvote and said nothing instead of actually arguing against Tea's lynch.

Can we get some actual discussion about players OTHER than our two claimed 3rd parties and PYP? The people saying "what if Wojj and Pharms are fakeclaiming scum" are not helping the scumhunt at all - if we're that worried we can just vig the heck outta 'em fer chrissakes.

On that note I'd like to hear Pharmses rebuttal to Wojjan's claim that if she (wojj) wins she turns town, which she implied would mean Pharmacy becomes scum if she wins the duel.

But yeah people thoughts on other folks please.
Man, I'm just plain lost. I have no idea what to make of any of this. Maybe I'm out of practice, it's been a while since I was actually playing in a game because the other ones I was in had long, long nights or are in limbo.

I guess I'm feeling reasonably secure on the hunter/hunted thing, if they're scum one of them is sure to get copped. I doubt they have two investigation-proof scum, so this is a needless gamble.

Although I guess maybe one of them could be scum who had this role as a bonus thing? It'd be weird, but possible.
Pick Yer Poison Wrote:Still, I'm going to Vote: Wojjan for still not answering me. How are you going to rig that duel?

Why do you vote someone for not answering a question? You yourself haven't defended yourself against anything raised against you.

We don't even know what the duel is, or at least I don't. Pharmacy might have been informed, seeing as she is after me.

Also in regards to the town/scum turning Mirdi mentioned, that is just speculation on my part. It only made sense to me for someone who spent the game trying to kill someone to get the new wincon of killing more people, and someone who's been outwitting to get the new wincon of surviving to the end.
I did not Unvote her because she talked. I unvoted because "aaaargh, both claimed third parties are equally useless" and just decided to ignore both of them.

Anyways, some reads:
Top townies:
Mirdini -all around cool guy, even if he is all misguided

Wheat - quite helpful and had many useful opinions
Forge - trying to keep the game alive

Suspect:
g0m - shaaaaady, but hasn't done much else, so I can only feel a minimal treat
Pinary - he'll get the noose soon. I think a Vote: Pinary is where I place my vote, since I am getting more and more confused by PYP. Going around like a seesaw :|
TimeothyHour: That was a very quick wagon jump on Day1.
Right, an actual post - don't all look so amazed, people!

I have to agree with Mirdini that PyP is looking like a surrendered townie (not the vanilla bit on account of this being a no-vanilla game), if only because giving up is just a silly move irregardless of alignment but it's more likely that a townie would throw in the towel than a mafioso, who would do more damage to their team with their death than a townie. That said, I don't like his obsession with Wojj at all and would have been happy to interpret it as scum testing the waters to see if people would be up for lynching her if it weren't for the vote, placed at a point I would have expected mafia to have long since given up at. Oh heck, I'm conjecturing aren't I? Given my rust that's not exactly a good thing...

But right non-PyP opinions - Whimbrel being a bit scummy as their sole D2 post was a mostly contentless vote on PyP? Some glimmers of town from Malky for trying to contribute despite some bewilderment (may or may not also be due to empathy as I can't help but feel quite confused as well) and I'm quite happy with Wheat since he was willing to stick out a properly justified opinion on PyP relatively early. Beyond that we're starting to get into gut territory which given the lack of attention the thread has had from me probably isn't somewhere to pluck nuggets from, but if asked to name a few more townies I'd probably go for Drak and Ix before most others...

I think I've seen Pines and PL brought up as scummy, so I might take a peek in my next post... it does strike me as interesting that Prof has now brought a vote for vote from seemingly nowhere but that might just be me being blind...
Woffles Wrote:Why do you vote someone for not answering a question? You yourself haven't defended yourself against anything raised against you.

Points raised against me: "You seem pretty scummy. Also, you tried to convince people to lynch Tea." First can't really be addressed except by not acting scummy, and as for the second, I have nothing other than to say that I went for what I thought was the most likely person to be scum that I could judge at the time. I believe I've already said that, in fact.

And I will vote people to provoke an answer out of them as much as I damn please. My vote's my only weapon during the day, and I'm sure as heck going to use it if it gets me answers. It certainly made you jump up to dodge my question. All you're saying in that post is that you don't know what the duel is, but you somehow know how to rig it. Right now I'm extremely skeptical about your roleclaim. It's a bit far out to be a lie, but I've seen weirder shit come about. Granted, that's mostly from people like Prime Intellect, but I don't really have a handle on your playstyle, so I'm not discounting anything.

But Fogel (and several others) bring up a good point, in that if you're falsifying this you're going to run into problems quickly, having made such a big deal out of it. So finding the hidden scum is currently more important than grilling the third-party claimers. So Unvote: Woffles. You still have yet to answer my question, but at least voting you got a response; that might be useful later if I need to get another response.

Also, in response to Pinary: the missing second option is the result of me hitting the 3 button on the keyboard instead of 2 and failing to notice. As for not noting the generic townie option, that was mostly tunnel vision. I thought he was scum at the time, so I guess I was a bit biased and mentally discarded that option without realizing it was still valid.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I could see how you came to that conclusion, but you are incorrect.
Back when I made that post I was pretty a ways early in the game (sorry for not checkin in after that) I saw that there was a pyp wagon starting to form (if i am timing correctly), but I didn't want to limit the days options to just him (because singular focus is dumb) and I wanted to see PL under pressure or whatever it is because I didn't like him on the first day or what i saw of him!
Since then, I have not enjoyed his 3p focus and all that.
I will hopefully remember more when I awake again, tomorrow, probably after I re-read.
I just made this post because I saw it had to do with me and it was easy to adress.
If theres 'anything else you want from me, tlel me and Illl keep it in mind for when i awake.