Post making contest 2.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 2.0
RE: Post making contest
What if I were to say
You I more I known now beyond how second if yes?
Would that pass rule 3, strictly speaking?
man-jelled
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
You must be registered to view this content.
qaaaaaaaaaa a b c d e f g h i
yak
qat
quay
You must be registered to view this content.
zoo
zoom
(05-29-2016, 08:36 PM)Akumu Wrote: »geberal
geceral
geferal
geheral
geieral
gekeral
geoeral
general
geperal
geseral
geueral
geveral
geweral
geyeral

This post breaks rules 1, 3 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 08:38 PM)Akumu Wrote: »What if I were to say

This post breaks rules 2, 3 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 08:38 PM)Akumu Wrote: »You I more I known now beyond how second if yes?

This post breaks rule 4.

(05-29-2016, 08:39 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Would that pass rule 3, strictly speaking?

Yes, yes it would. This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 08:54 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »man-jelled

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3 and 5.

This post breaks rules 1, 2 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 09:00 PM)Akumu Wrote: »qaaaaaaaaaa a b c d e f g h i

(05-29-2016, 09:00 PM)Akumu Wrote: »yak

(05-29-2016, 09:01 PM)Akumu Wrote: »qat

(05-29-2016, 09:01 PM)Akumu Wrote: »quay

(05-29-2016, 09:01 PM)Akumu Wrote: »zoo

(05-29-2016, 09:03 PM)Akumu Wrote: »zoom

(05-29-2016, 09:15 PM)Wheat Wrote: »a two a four a seven

This post breaks rules 2, 3, 4 and 5.
sruix get a load of the latest suffering board:

[Image: sufferingboard_zpsg4kprbir.png]

i think it's wrong though just in case anyone else is thinking about trying to learn anything from my folly.
Just for everyone's benefit, here are some rule facts, as I currently understand them. When I say "word" I mean a string of letters, delimited by spaces or linebreaks. When I say "sentence," I mean a collection of words terminated by a ., !, ?, and possibly linebreak.

1. All words must be from some list of (English?) words. "Killer" is in the list, which is somehow surprising. Possibly all the words from a particular book or other written work?
2. Something judged on a per-word basis. The letters b c f h i k o n p s u v w y pass when on their own. Any word that passes can have any of those letters replaced with any of the other of those letters and still pass.
3. The first sentence of the post must start with words of lengths 3, 1, 4, 1, and 5 in that order, though if the sentence is shorter than five words the sequence can be truncated to the length of the sentence and still pass. Adding too many other words afterwards may break compliance somehow.
4. Most likely something to do with Scrabble scoring. Out of all the individual letters, q and z are the highest scoring in scrabble at 10 points each. Q and z are the only letters to pass rule 4 when posted on their own. On the other hand (related), they are the two least-frequently-used letters in English. That may also be relevant.
5. The number of unique letters that are used an odd number of times in the post must be exactly 13.

Edit: Well shit, "yak" not passing rule 2 while "can" does destroys what little I thought I knew about rule 2.
Can! Can! Can! Can! Can! Can!
ban
can
fan
han
ian
kan
oan
nan
pan
san
uan
van
wan
yan
cab
cac
caf
cah
cai
cak
cao
can
cap
cas
cau
cav
caw
cay
behind
beshod
q aaaaaaaaa
Thing to help people escape really fast if there's a problem and everything is on fire so they decide not to go to space.
so! I can! I will!
(05-29-2016, 09:33 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »sruix get a load of the latest suffering board:

[Image: sufferingboard_zpsg4kprbir.png]

i think it's wrong though just in case anyone else is thinking about trying to learn anything from my folly.

This post breaks rules 1, 2 and 4.

(05-29-2016, 09:33 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Just for everyone's benefit, here are some rule facts, as I currently understand them. When I say "word" I mean a string of letters, delimited by spaces or linebreaks. When I say "sentence," I mean a collection of words terminated by a ., !, ?, and possibly linebreak.

1. All words must be from some list of (English?) words. "Killer" is in the list, which is somehow surprising. Possibly all the words from a particular book or other written work?
2. Something judged on a per-word basis. The letters b c f h i k o n p s u v w y pass when on their own. Any word that passes can have any of those letters replaced with any of the other of those letters and still pass.
3. The first sentence of the post must start with words of lengths 3, 1, 4, 1, and 5 in that order, though if the sentence is shorter than five words the sequence can be truncated to the length of the sentence and still pass. Adding too many other words afterwards may break compliance somehow.
4. Most likely something to do with Scrabble scoring. Out of all the individual letters, q and z are the highest scoring in scrabble at 10 points each. Q and z are the only letters to pass rule 4 when posted on their own. On the other hand (related), they are the two least-frequently-used letters in English. That may also be relevant.
5. The number of unique letters that are used an odd number of times in the post must be exactly 13.

Edit: Well shit, "yak" not passing rule 2 while "can" does destroys what little I thought I knew about rule 2.

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, but gives me hope.

(05-29-2016, 09:36 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Can! Can! Can! Can! Can! Can!

This post breaks rules 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 09:43 PM)Akumu Wrote: »ban
can
fan
han
ian
kan
oan
nan
pan
san
uan
van
wan
yan
cab
cac
caf
cah
cai
cak
cao
can
cap
cas
cau
cav
caw
cay

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 09:47 PM)Akumu Wrote: »behind

This post breaks rules 3 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 09:49 PM)Akumu Wrote: »beshod

(05-29-2016, 09:49 PM)Akumu Wrote: »q aaaaaaaaa

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 09:58 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Thing to help people escape really fast if there's a problem and everything is on fire so they decide not to go to space.

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, annoyingly.

(05-29-2016, 10:02 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »so! I can! I will!

This post breaks rules 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Can I know I known now?
Splendid