Grand Battle Wiki and Fan-type Art

Grand Battle Wiki and Fan-type Art
Re: Grand Battle Wiki
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Maxwell - run around aimlessly. Meet Vyrm'n. A lot. Have partial mental breakdown, with a view to finish it somewhen when he's less busy not getting killed. Run around a bit more. Generally accomplish nothing. Give author headache.

There. That was easy...
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Do me next! Do me next! [img]images/smilies/pc_chummy.gif[/img]

Quick and dirty round summaries for the GBI page. Will add more deets on the Round pages.
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Vyrm'n: generally go around getting tangled up in things that first ally Maxwell would rather she didn't; currently moderately successful in not succumbing to too much bloodlust (note emphasis on too, pronounced with a hint of Cabaret), but being quite violent nonetheless. Is relatively enigmatic to outside appearances. Would cause Maxwell to lose sleep at night if he lives long enough to see another one.

Galus: Does stuff. Tries not to get killed. Doing damned good job of it. Has had close shaves with Samuel, Gestalt, Vyrm'n & The Sunset in roughly that order. Thinks Maxwell is crazy. Is correct on that account.

Cabaret: Nice guy, pity 'bout the death. Explosion looked pretty though.

Rex... Reccxer? Rexxc... the Professor guy: Um, wrote a lot? Thought Gestalt was a nice chap, in the same way that you'd think Hitler was a decent bloke (****, Godwin's law... should there be an umlaut there?). Snuffed it sharpish.

Gestalt: Name comes from German. Sruixan bamboozled German teacher with it, therefore Gestalt is decent. Seriously though, he is a pile of anything and everything. Had a bit of trouble with the orbs in the Garden. Had some fun with a marionette in the theme park. Got tangled up with Samuel in the Escherscape. Is currently inhabiting The Sunset. Gets around a lot.

The Sunset: Didn't do much, possibly because it was an ancient machine, possibly because its controller was always busy doing other things that he wasn't too busy not to do. Liked the colour byzantium, which got somewhat overused.

Samuel: Generally not very nice (read - does most of the evil stuff). Karma gets its own back on him, though - of note is the big way it happens when Dorukomets unloads spirit thingys onto him. Is potentially crazy.

Sruixan: Is writing these in sleep-deprived state that could have been put towards more productive things. Probably. Takes no liability for any mistakes, since he wasn't really paying much attention during the first round and it was pretty long ago as it was. Wants bed. Needs to stop using such short sentences. Desperately. Knows that none of the above is fit for either wiki or human consumption.
Originally posted on MSPA by Godbot.

Sunset's article needs to mention his cameo in The Grand Bachelorette.
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

Godbot Wrote:Sunset's article needs to mention his cameo in The Grand Bachelorette.
Go ahead- you should use a section heading "In The Grand Bachelorette", and apply the {{Non-Canon}} tag to that section.

I'm working on a page titled "The Grandmasters" - It'd pretty much cover a more detailed personality profile/appearance, etc, for all the 'backstage' characters in the Grand Battles (Director and the Gentlemen, Observer, Composer + Creators, Organizer, Monitor, Executive+Sruix+Talis, Overseer and Chronicler, and of course the Cultivator).

It'd be one page for all of them - all good?

Schazer Wrote:I'm working on a page titled "The Grandmasters" - It'd pretty much cover a more detailed personality profile/appearance, etc, for all the 'backstage' characters in the Grand Battles (Director and the Gentlemen, Observer, Composer + Creators, Organizer, Monitor, Executive+Sruix+Talis, Overseer and Chronicler, and of course the Cultivator).

Sounds good, although I'd say break it up into the DMs (for lack of a better term) and the Gentlemen. If the page gets too big, the major ones can always break off into new pages.
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

Welp, why not? Though I'm not sure you'll have much to write about some of them...

Done and done!

Well, Malky, I thought if there was anything a GM wanted to add that didn't seem appropriate to fit within those little spaces you get between rounds, then this'd be the place for it. I've got to go get ready for a lecture now, but I know I'm going to be doing an idea dump for the Composer once I get back ^^
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Pinary Wrote:
Schazer Wrote:I'm working on a page titled "The Grandmasters" - It'd pretty much cover a more detailed personality profile/appearance, etc, for all the 'backstage' characters in the Grand Battles (Director and the Gentlemen, Observer, Composer + Creators, Organizer, Monitor, Executive+Sruix+Talis, Overseer and Chronicler, and of course the Cultivator).

Sounds good, although I'd say break it up into the DMs (for lack of a better term) and the Gentlemen. If the page gets too big, the major ones can always break off into new pages.
Well we already have pages for every single contestant, why not one for every single hoster, significant Gentlemen, and a page for all the Gentlemen who were never involved in anything?

Aryogaton Wrote:
Pinary Wrote:

Well we already have pages for every single contestant, why not one for every single hoster, significant Gentlemen, and a page for all the Gentlemen who were never involved in anything?
They'll need their own templates- I'll make one momentarily.
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

I disagree; many or most of the hosters are fairly undeveloped, so having a whole page for them seems superfluous.

I thought what Slorange said - chucking them all on one page'd be fine. I mean, if you were going to make a single page for each, then that'd mean you'd need a bio worthy of one of them to actually compete in a Grand Battle themselves. Most of them don't have that, so I'm just sticking with one page of 'minor characters' - if you will.

Templates Infobox_Gentleman and Infobox_Grandmaster have been created.

SleepingOrange Wrote:I disagree; many or most of the hosters are fairly undeveloped, so having a whole page for them seems superfluous.
They don't all need their own pages, definitely, but some of the more expanded ones, such as the Director, should have them.
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

There's something weird going on with the categories.

Example: On the page for Eemp, Right & Rong, it says that the article is in the category Pitched Combat Characters. But if you look at the category page "Pitched Combat Characters", it only lists Hatman, Lainey, and Alex.

Any idea what's going on?
Originally posted on MSPA by Baphomet.

It would be nice if the template boxes were colored orange like the rest of the site.

It's also going to be problematic that the round template boxes have only one space for dead characters when we get to Pitched Combat round 2, where two people died.

I went ahead and made a character box and added it to all the character pages, and a round box and added it to all the round pages. I also added a lot of redirect pages to send people in the right direction if they're looking for a specific character. I mean a LOT, these guys all answer to a bunch of different stuff.

I'd also like to request an image thing for each character. As of right now, only Mike has one, even though lots of people added them to their profiles. Something in the template box, maybe? Then again, some people used them in lieu of a text description of their character, so maybe it should just go in the appropriate section of their character page.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:There's something weird going on with the categories.

Example: On the page for Eemp, Right & Rong, it says that the article is in the category Pitched Combat Characters. But if you look at the category page "Pitched Combat Characters", it only lists Hatman, Lainey, and Alex.

Any idea what's going on?
Wikia is slow sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it.

Baphomet Wrote:It would be nice if the template boxes were colored orange like the rest of the site.
Bam.

Baphomet Wrote:It's also going to be problematic that the round template boxes have only one space for dead characters when we get to Pitched Combat round 2, where two people died.
Workaround'd: Infobox_Round template no longer automatically links to deadChar, so the deadChar parameter should be specified as "[[Deadface McGuy]]", and the parameters for a multi-death would be "[[Deadguy McFace]], [[Faceguy McDead]]".

Baphomet Wrote:I went ahead and made a character box and added it to all the character pages, and a round box and added it to all the round pages.
That box is awesome and useful, but I think it's in a few too many places. Each GB page doesn't need a link to every competitor and every round, just those in it. That's awesome for the pages on Characters and Rounds, though. Nice work!

Baphomet Wrote:I'd also like to request an image thing for each character. As of right now, only Mike has one, even though lots of people added them to their profiles. Something in the template box, maybe? Then again, some people used them in lieu of a text description of their character, so maybe it should just go in the appropriate section of their character page.
Given the various sizes of the images, I'd say they should go in the description section. (Although a few might need to be resized so they're not ridiculously huge.)

Pinary Wrote:Each GB page doesn't need a link to every competitor and every round, just those in it.
I had this vague idea that there should be navigation between the different grand battles on their respective pages. I think I figured I had made these tables, so i might as well get some use out of 'em. But you're right, it's crowding. I think I can whip up another table that just links to the battles themselves.

Alternately, I could make a sidebar with everything.

Baphomet Wrote:
Pinary Wrote:Each GB page doesn't need a link to every competitor and every round, just those in it.
I had this vague idea that there should be navigation between the different grand battles on their respective pages. I think I figured I had made these tables, so i might as well get some use out of 'em. But you're right, it's crowding. I think I can whip up another table that just links to the battles themselves.

Alternately, I could make a sidebar with everything.
That table looks much better, although I think it should probably be centred or something.

I'll take care of the sidebar- I've got nothing better to do for the next little while, and it'll just be mindless work, which will be nice after today.

Also, you should really register. You're doing a lot, and you should be recognized as more than "Unregistered Contributor".

Why do I need recognition?

I have an account already, though. It's ThomasBracques. I just usually don't bother logging in.
Originally posted on MSPA by inSpyre.

I don't understand why you created a 'Grand Battle Wiki' over a Collab/Roleplay Wiki, which would get a lot more general involvement from the forums. Obviously, the Grand Battle area would be a part of it, but it allows other members to contribute with their own games as well as including off-spins of Grand Battle as their own thing.

Example: Both Fenruis and Grand Battle could be combined, along with other (and future) things that lurk in the Collab/Roleplay forums. It would be a much better solution.
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

inSpyre Wrote:I don't understand why you created a 'Grand Battle Wiki' over a Collab/Roleplay Wiki, which would get a lot more general involvement from the forums. Obviously, the Grand Battle area would be a part of it, but it allows other members to contribute with their own games as well as including off-spins of Grand Battle as their own thing.

Example: Both Fenruis and Grand Battle could be combined, along with other (and future) things that lurk in the Collab/Roleplay forums. It would be a much better solution.
This is a wiki for a specific purpose, not for all the collab. If you want a wiki page just on a collab, then go to the main MSPAFA wiki. The Grand Battle Wiki is here because there's a lot of information that one might want to keep track of, so it's useful to have it all in one place.
Originally posted on MSPA by inSpyre.

cyber95 Wrote:
inSpyre Wrote:I don't understand why you created a 'Grand Battle Wiki' over a Collab/Roleplay Wiki, which would get a lot more general involvement from the forums. Obviously, the Grand Battle area would be a part of it, but it allows other members to contribute with their own games as well as including off-spins of Grand Battle as their own thing.

This is a wiki for a specific purpose, not for all the collab. If you want a wiki page just on a collab, then go to the main MSPAFA wiki. The Grand Battle Wiki is here because there's a lot of information that one might want to keep track of, so it's useful to have it all in one place.
I meant we may as well make a wiki for all of the collab/roleplay forum, as numerous wikis are appearing for various roleplay, so why not host them in one place?

inSpyre Wrote:I meant we may as well make a wiki for all of the collab/roleplay forum, as numerous wikis are appearing for various roleplay, so why not host them in one place?
Specialization. If I want information on a certain Futurama episode, I'll go to the Infosphere, not a generic Sci-Fi wiki, and if I want information on a Grand Battle character, I'd much rather go to a wiki specifically for Grand Battles rather than a general Collab/Roleplay wiki.

Besides being in the same forum, do most of the Collabs have anything to do with eachother? Would removing Fenruis Academy* from the Collab/Roleplay section impact the other RPs in any way? No- they're distinct entities, and they don't need to be lumped together in a wiki simply based on their location.
Originally posted on MSPA by Wojjan.

I think the spin-offs should get a place here, genre Grand Office, Grand Bachelorette, Grand Chef and that planet-destructo-thing.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.