Eagle Time
Grand Battle Wiki and Fan-type Art - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Grand Battles (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Grand Battle Wiki and Fan-type Art (/showthread.php?tid=708)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Grand Battle Wiki and Fan-type Art - Pinary - 02-27-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

Grand Battle Wiki

Grand Battle Wiki is an encyclopedia containing information about the Grand Battles, a series of writing battles in which the winner is decided not by their skill with swords but by their skill with words.

FAQ:
Q) Why does this exist? This information is all available elsewhere!
A) Convenience. Rather that having various profiles scattered across multiple pages of multiple threads, each of which is moving up and down in a forum, this wiki brings it all together in one easy-to-navigate package. Yes, there is some copypasta, but the point is to organize the existing information in a more convenient format.
Q) Is this really necessary?
A) No, but there are a fair number of characters, environments, etc, and having a single location to keep it all straight is handy.
Q) Is this mostly just copypasta'd from the front page of the wiki?
A) A fair amount, yeah.
Q) But what's this thread for?
A) To inform people of the Wiki's existence and to provide a location for people to discuss said wiki.
Q) What do I do now that I've read this post?
A) Ideally, you would go contribute to the Wiki, but you could also post here expressing a wide variety of things, including (but not limited to) approval, disdain, sarcasm, and metahumour. It's up to you, really.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Aryogaton - 02-27-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

This is extremely awesome.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - GBCE - 02-27-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by The Dr..

Does it make me narcissistic if the very first thing I did was look up Trickster? [img]images/smilies/whatpumpkin.gif[/img]

Also, this is wonderful. You are an awesome person for dedicating the time to make this.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - GBCE - 02-27-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

Aw man, I looked at some character profiles and am now sad at how small my character's biography is. This wiki is awesome.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Aryogaton - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

How about we take all the existing summary from the MSPAFA Wiki and place it here?

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - SleepingOrange - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

This is a good thing and you should feel good for making it.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - GBCE - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Babel.

let's add a character reception part so that the authors can feed their egos!

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Schazer - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

I'm helping! I'm helping! But I'm not sure what you mean by character reception, Babel...

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Pinary - 02-28-2010

I'm glad people like the idea!

Feel free to add whatever you want, just keep the layouts consistent. If you're not sure if it belongs there, feel free to post here and ask!

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Dragon Fogel - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

The main things I can think of to add:

-Summaries of each round, obviously.
-Articles on each arena.

Perhaps the article on each battle can have a quick summary of each round, and the articles on the arenas can have more detailed summaries?

Dragon Fogel Wrote:The main things I can think of to add:

-Summaries of each round, obviously.
-Articles on each arena.

Perhaps the article on each battle can have a quick summary of each round, and the articles on the arenas can have more detailed summaries?
That sounds like an excellent idea. The summaries of each round already have a format set up (examples in the page on Epic Clash), and if you give me about 10 minutes, I'll have an example arena page set up as well.

EDIT: And there we are! There's a bare-bones example for the Dungeon of the Crimson Fish up which can be used as an example for the other rounds.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Sruixan - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Must... resist... urge... to... sign... up... and... fritter... hours... away... needlessly... must... also... stop... talking... like... this... 'cause it's getting really annoying and besides, the dramatic effect that speaking as such could potentially have is completely ruined by the fact that it's written words, not spoken ones.

Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

SleepingOrange Wrote:This is a good thing and you should feel good for making it.
What he said.

Originally posted on MSPA by SonicLover.

Do Grand Battle-style topics that have nothing to do with fighting (e.g. my own Grand Bachelorette) belong in this wiki as well?

Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

SonicLover Wrote:Do Grand Battle-style topics that have nothing to do with fighting (e.g. my own Grand Bachelorette) belong in this wiki as well?
no.

Ok that sounded mean. It's just for the ones inspired to end in the way Cyber wanted I should think.

There should be, however, a spin off page added so that you can put it up in there. That would make everyone happy.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - SleepingOrange - 02-28-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

Are you actually in any sort of position to make that statement, or is that just your own personal opinion?

Well, the purpose of this wiki is to bring together all the available information on the Grand Battles, so I see no problem with including non-canon, Grand-Battle-related things in it. They should be marked as such with the {{Non-Canon}} tag and not included in the same Categories as the canon ones, but, for the sake of completeness, they should be on there.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Woffles - 03-01-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Wojjan.

This indeed is a good thing.
Definitely requesting List of victorious characters in the near/far future.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Schazer - 03-01-2010

Would that be the cast of All-Stars (when it eventuates?)

Also also, Pinary, for some reason categorisations are taking forever to go through. Is that a problem with the wiki, or are you having to clear all those changes?

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Pinary - 03-01-2010

That would probably be a good list, but I see no reason for a "surviving characters" category not to exist as well, featuring all characters who aren't dead yet.

That's nothing to do with me. It's just the Wikia software being slow.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Woffles - 03-01-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Wojjan.

Schazer Wrote:Would that be the cast of All-Stars (when it eventuates?)
I deserve a triple derp now
[img]images/smilies/mspa_face.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mspa_face.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mspa_face.gif[/img]

'tis cool. Also, can pictures like Baphomet's Battle Majestic fanart and MyifanW's Chronicler art be uploaded on? (With author permission, of course)

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - GBCE - 03-01-2010

Originally posted on MSPA by Weldar.

Awesome.

May I suggest perhaps including a section in the character pages which gives a brief outline of what they've done over the course of the battle

Yeah, I was gonna do that at some point too, but general round/location summaries first, methinks.

Re: Grand Battle Wiki - Pinary - 03-01-2010

Schazer Wrote:'tis cool. Also, can pictures like Baphomet's Battle Majestic fanart and MyifanW's Chronicler art be uploaded on? (With author permission, of course)
I don't see why not, as long as you get permission.

Weldar Wrote:May I suggest perhaps including a section in the character pages which gives a brief outline of what they've done over the course of the battle
I've created a brief example on the page on Thomas Packston. Ideally, these would exist for every character, but that'd be a lot of writing. Individual players are encouraged to write up summaries for their characters.