(ROUND II: ROUND IX) The Grand Battling Ram

(ROUND II: ROUND IX) The Grand Battling Ram
RE: (Q9-15 OPEN) The Grand Battling Ram: Sheep for awful nerds
It's ok Slorange, I lied and there is at least one more rude dude we're waiting on
Question 9: Who is the greatest bearded swordsman?
SpoilerShow

Question 10: Who is the sexiest contestant?
SpoilerShow

Question 11: Which Grand Battle contestant would you go on a date with?
SpoilerShow

Question 12: If you took every Round 1 Eliminee and put them in a cage match, who emerges victorious?
SpoilerShow

Question 13: What is an appropriate number of eyes on an Anomaly-brand character?
SpoilerShow

Question 14: Who is your favourite cross-continuity (appearing in both canon and noncanon works) character?
SpoilerShow

Question 15: Who, among entrants in villain battles (SB, GBe, FE) is the least villainous?
SpoilerShow

Score-tallyings will have to wait until after my next class, so have your final batch of answers up in the interim!
Final Round: Increasingly Meta Horseshit
SpoilerShow
Balance kills people to even out the numbers in New Shambhala and completely ruins the Eternity Plateau while hurting the people he's supposedly doing a favor for.

How does that translate to non-villainous.
Scores heading into the FINAL ROUND:

Agent: 36
Akumu: 36
Dragon Fogel: 38
Garuru/Gatr: 31
Ix: 35
NTA: 36
Pinary: 41
Robust Laser: 36
Sanzh: 43
Slorange: 44
Solaris: 40
Alright, answers submitted! I feel pretty good about at least one of these questions!
I forgot Sir Cedric existed. My brain is hardwired that you say bearded swordsman i instantly think of Jacob.

I stand by all my other answers (except for dating because I still don't know how that works; it was the one question where i was actually playing Sheep and not just taking a battle themed questionnaire).
Ix, I'm flattered, but, again, really

no

Anyway, why is Cole not evil, again? Or, least evil?
I think on the Rude Tit to Genocidal Fuckgeneral scale (with Did A Lot of Murders somewhere in the middle) he registered more on the boobular end, at least compared to others
RE: (FINAL CALL) The Grand Battling Ram: Sheep for awful nerds
Balance, by nature and definition, exists on a moral level beyond good and evil. He can't be a villain because he just is what he is. That said, from a human perspective, he's way more villainous than a lot of other choices; I just thought more people would swing the side of xenoethics, given the group of people we're talking about here.

also how dare u skaz
Is this about the sandman or did I do another evil
Personally, lately, I tend to judge evil 1) by action rather than intent, and 2) by ethics rather than morals. On such a scale, Balance's actions lean ethically faulty regardless of intention, and cause needless harm for short-term solutions that ultimately lead to more situations whose short-term solutions cause needless harm, and so on. Maybe that's flawed, but ehn.

Now I admit to not researching quite as thoroughly as I could've, so if by that metric Ziir (picked because he's trying to change, e.g. attempting to change his behavior away from that of evil, at least as far as the woefully under-curated wiki is concerned) is still more evil than Cole (Human Supremacy Red Flag), then: whopf
Cole's technically as human supremacy as Robin, in that "fuck you gods/other powerful entities who dick around instead of using your powers for good"

I don't think he's proactively pro-human over other non-deific sapients?
Backstory Ziir: I'm depressed because killing is dull and I can't ever die.
In Battle Ziir: I hate the Cultivator 24/7 temper tantrum

I mean technically killing less and trying to kill a Grandmaster are noble actions but...
Cole is emphatically not a human supremacist. You could call him a sapience supremacist, at least at the outset, but that mostly translates into dislike of unintelligent creatures rather than wanting their destruction. (Maybe I said he did in the profile. Can't remember off the top of my head.)

However, his entire character arc revolves around seeing the evil around him in the battle and being disgusted by it. Ziirphael's attempts to improve himself don't result in him thinking Hoss or Konka Rar are horrible monsters who need to be stopped; Cole is taken aback by Reinhardt's casual dismissal of nonhuman sapient lives from the start, a disgust that culminates in Reinhardt's death. Even if that's admittedly for other reasons.

Right now, he's an antihero. His arc of development is starting to move him away from even that.
Right, yeah, as expected my memory's just crap. My bad!
(03-14-2016, 05:18 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I forgot Sir Cedric existed. My brain is hardwired that you say bearded swordsman i instantly think of Jacob.

I stand by all my other answers (except for dating because I still don't know how that works; it was the one question where i was actually playing Sheep and not just taking a battle themed questionnaire).

I can't believe you would forget Sir Cedric. Re-read all of VD and round 5 of GBS2 as penance.
(03-14-2016, 09:08 PM)Akumu Wrote: »
(03-14-2016, 05:18 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I forgot Sir Cedric existed. My brain is hardwired that you say bearded swordsman i instantly think of Jacob.

I can't believe you would forget Sir Cedric. Re-read all of VD and round 5 of GBS2 as penance.

Confession i never got as far as round 5 of GBS2. I think I finished Water Place and was like 'i'll definitely come back to this later' and I never did because I never do.
No time like the present!

I started reading through GBII yesterday, because I haven't read all of that yet.
WHY WOULD YOU NOT ALL GO ON A DATE WITH THE SUNSET?

IS IT BECAUSE HE DEMANDED TO GO DUTCH? IT IS CLEARLY THE MOST FAIR WAY TO DETERMINE BILL PAYMENT.

RIGHT NOW ONLY FOGEL IS BEING REGALED WITH TALES ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF JUSTICE IN THE MULTIVERSE.
Akumu I am shocked. If I could read all of BR from its... rocky beginnings when it finished, there's no excuse not to have slogged through Not-People People Get Sad About Murders.
Talk about rocky beginnings, Round 1 in GBII is a bit of a mess
Oh man don't even get me started

I still cringe every time I think about some of my... stylistic conventions
I'm lowkey screaming internally forever at the fact GBII exists
Nah, brah, it's like super good as a whole, I'm really pleased with what we all made together

Just like

Not paaarts of it