UNDARKTILE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNDARKTILE
UNDARKTILE
UNDARKTILE

Welcome to UNDARKTILE.

You should think of this like a video game. It's a puzzle, and your goal is to solve it.

[Image: 1.PNG]

You are the GREEN BLIP on the sole UNDARK TILE. You can move N, S, E, or W, i.e., only orthogonally. When you move onto a tile, you flip its DARKNESS PARITY. So if you move onto the DARK tile to your SOUTH, you will make it UNDARK. Your goal in this game will always be to make all of the tiles UNDARK.

[Image: 2.PNG]

But wait, it's not as simple as it seems! Sometimes attempting to move onto a tile from a certain direction will trigger a CHALLENGE. CHALLENGES come in many shapes, sizes, and forms. Some CHALLENGES can be attempted more than once; others give you only one or a few tries and can be permanently FAILED.

[Image: 3.PNG]

If you permanently FAIL a challenge, a red line will indicate your newfound inability to move onto that tile from that direction. But other directions may have different kinds of CHALLENGES, or may not even have CHALLENGES at all! Some CHALLENGES can be backed out of. There will be a special note when this is possible. Backing out of CHALLENGE never counts as a FAILURE. So if you think you'll have the solution to the CHALLENGE later, but want to go do other things for now, you should back out.

[Image: 4.PNG]

As I mentioned before, the goal of this game is to make all of the tiles UNDARK. If all of the tiles become DARK, you lose; if it becomes impossible to make a particular tile UNDARK due to a FAILED CHALLENGE or two, you lose. When you lose, you are kicked out of that particular map and have to solve another map to try it again. There may also be other lose conditions imposed, but those will be noted when a map is started.

[Image: 5.PNG]

Your first map is a very simple one, to get you used to the idea. I'll go on and tell you now that the center tile of this first map has a different CHALLENGE in each direction, and that none of the other tiles have a CHALLENGE. See if you can solve this!

(Input type: Sequential)

>
RE: UNDARKTILE
> South South
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
> South, West, South, South, East, East, North, North, West, South.
> South South West South East East North North West West East
(07-16-2016, 04:38 PM)The Walrus Wrote: »> South, West, South, South, East, East, North, North, West, South.

Seconding.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
i thought the title was a corruption of undertale
signature
Well, Undertale does have tile puzzles in it...
(07-16-2016, 05:00 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »> South South West South East East North North West West East

seconding because it wins
(07-16-2016, 04:14 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »> South South

[Image: 6.PNG]

CHALLENGE Encountered!

Remaining move commands buffered until after the CHALLENGE is decided.

!!!!CHALLENGE!!!!
Type: Mystery
Hint: _____________ and save us all. (Sentence type: Imperative)
Expected Result: Screenshot
Round Limit: 3
Can back out: Yes

(Input Type: ≥ 1 Attempt or majority vote to back out)

>

SpoilerShow
I think it may be this, or some other screenshot from this game.
Can we modify the movement buffer in any way?

If so, attempt (then I suggest changing the buffer to NWSSEENNW)

If not, back out
You must be registered to view this content.
Someone have an idea what exactly we're being asked?

(07-17-2016, 04:18 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Can we modify the movement buffer in any way?

If so, attempt (then I suggest changing the buffer to NWSSEENNW)

If not, back out

I don't thing we can go anywhere other than south if we go north. Whats the point of changing our current movement pattern anyway?
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Like I said, I think it's something from You Have to Burn the Rope, because the ending song has the line "You burned the rope and saved us all" and the title is an imperative sentence.

Also, that changed buffer, if we beat the challenge and go south, would undark every tile, which is what I think qwerx was going for.
I'm just worried that if we beat the challenge and enter the center tile again we have to beat the challenge again. Or maybe that's not how it works, I don't know.
(07-17-2016, 05:48 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »Like I said, I think it's something from You Have to Burn the Rope, because the ending song has the line "You burned the rope and saved us all" and the title is an imperative sentence.

I played that game and I couldn't find an imperative that ended that way
signature
Actually, we should go back north if we beat the challenge.

That will darken the second tile in the top row, but we can loop around to light it up again.
Yeah, that was my suggestion for changing the movement buffer.

Technically it doesn't matter much on this level because all it'll take is a few additional movement actions, but I think in the future we should definitely be more careful with our movements.
(07-17-2016, 04:14 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »I think it may be this, or some other screenshot from this game.

!!!Challenge Success!!!

Solution Criteria: Any screenshot indicating completion of the game "You Have to Burn the Rope".

Solution chosen:

[Image: 7.png]

(I had to scale it a bit to not be a horizontal pagestretcher, but you get the idea)

[Image: 8.PNG]

Notice: A GREEN border between two tiles means a CHALLENGE has been encountered and completed, so that connection is totally safe to use. Similarly, a YELLOW border indicates a CHALLENGE has been encountered but not yet completed or failed.

Unloading buffer...

(07-16-2016, 04:38 PM)The Walrus Wrote: »> South, West, South, South, East, East, North, North, West, South.

[Image: 9.PNG]

This is the result of that series of steps, I'm sure you can figure out why. Notice that invalid commands (like going south when there's no tile to the south) get treated as "don't move".

(07-16-2016, 05:00 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »> South South West South East East North North West West East

[Image: 10.PNG]

(07-16-2016, 05:02 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
Seconding.

[Image: 11.PNG]

This is what happens when you second something under "sequential" input type, for future reference.

(07-16-2016, 05:48 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »

seconding because it wins

[Image: 12.PNG]

There we go, now we can move on to new commands.

(Input type: Sequential)

>
WSSEENNWSSNW
That should do it, with one more challenge involved.
If we want to avoid the center, WSSNNSSEENNWWSSE
Pretty sure the center is completely safe to return to now that the challenge is done.

But the stage should end as soon as we lighten everything, so I guess it doesn't matter much.
Let's also resolve to not buffer those moves like that in the future.
i love undarktile my favorte characters are toreal and sants