Dragon Fogel just taught me how to beat a boss by traveling back in time to 2008 and

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dragon Fogel just taught me how to beat a boss by traveling back in time to 2008 and
I'd personally like to thank the man himself for taking the time to go out of his way to aid me after sensing through space and time the frustration i had to endure for almost an hour by not being able to beat a castlevania boss on hard mode with an alternative character, going back in time and posting some tips on a gamefaqs thread from 2008 i happened to be reading.

[Image: sdws1Ev.jpg]

I want you all to please join me with a round of applause for this selfless man, not hesitating to risk the very fabric of nature and using his wizardy spells to help a friend in need when he most needed it. A man who could have waited until i got on IRC someday to help me, but chose not to just so i could have a great night of sleep after enjoying the triumphant feeling of beating the mighty Eligor with Albus on Hard mode - a man so powerful as he is humble and handsome, for these reasons and more, i want you all to thank him.

Just don't call him Dragon.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
thank you Ashley Loather Dragon Fogel
Bug  Things Get a Little Easier
Thanks, Dragon Fogel, you have delivered us from these Castlevanias
You're welcome.
Fogel how do you beat Dracula with Albus on hard mode i need help again
A shorter title
I never did it on Hard Mode, but I did beat him without damage or teleporting. (because I find teleporting inconvenient, mostly.) Although that was partly because I got lucky and he didn't use one attack that I had a lot of trouble with. I think it was one where fireballs rain down over a period of time and track you? Don't remember a lot about it.

I also might have grinded a bit to speed up the battle. Albus gains attribute mastery like Shanoa does even though you can't see the numbers, and he has two Mastery Rings equipped so it goes faster. I think I went to the Skeleton Cave and killed skeletons in a room with a lot of them until my damage hit some arbitrary point. Mostly I remember using Optical Shot because that's got a Light attribute? Light/Dark, I think.

From what I remember, my main tactic was "shoot things, dodge things, use the fire-kick to avoid damage if dodging is too hard". If there's a particular attack giving you trouble, let me know and I can try to be more detailed.
Brick  140
You must be registered to view this content.
@Fogel

Yeah Destruction Beam is difficult to avoid.

I'm too hardcore (lazy) for grinding.

The attack that was giving me trouble is the giant wave of bats he shoots from both sides, but i realized i can stall in the air by high jumping and teleport through the wave to the floor, it's hard but doable, i haven't beaten it yet but it's just a matter of grinding it out until i can i get it right.

It would've been the same with Eligor, but that boss is unnecessarily frustrating; his (short) introduction is one of the only unskippable cutscenes, but also the longest of the boss' intros, he's kinda buggy with Albus because you're not intended to jump around and teleport everywhere and since i'm playing on Hard i die on two or three hits, so restarting and watching the cutscene kills your momentum so fucking hard, which is so important on a game where you die so easily, you just don't want to keep going. That coupled with this shitty borrowed DS i have which freezes sometimes and the L button only works whenever it wants made me so frustrated. I don't usually look up stuff about how to beat games unless i am completely broken by frustration and i can't let it go until it's done, so that's why i looked it up and saw your post.

How come you don't like teleporting? It's arguably the best thing about Albus. I honestly love Albus mode, specially on hard. He is the most extreme glass cannon character i've ever played - he truly feels overpowered a lot of the time, but one or two fuck ups and you're done for. Using the touch screen to teleport feels well implemented since you only want to warp forward or backwards most of the time you don't have to move your thumbs too much and coupled with his invincible attacks it raises the skill ceiling really high and it's just a blast to play. It's kind of a bummer that such unique gameplay elements for an action platformer are stuck as an extra mode for a game with significantly different gameplay. ANYWAY THANKS FOR ANSWERING i'm gonna go maybe replay it on Hard LVL 1 ONLY until i get bored and start playing Portrait of Ruin instead.

@Everyone else:

Shut
Oh, it's the wave of bats? Well, uh, I have good news and bad news, and the bad news is basically that you're going to feel very silly.

Look at the background. See where there are pillars? When he does the wave of bats, you want to go there and duck.

And I don't like teleporting in combat because I don't like having the stylus out unnecessarily or using my fingers on the touchscreen. I just find it more convenient to stick to the buttons when possible.
You're pretty much restricted to squatting and bumble-canceling against Hardened Basin if you insist on not using the hammer drop (i actually had to do it this way my first time playing because i didn't even think of using hammer drop lol)... during spin mode you have a 3 frame window to perform the bumble cancel without the mini gun rays hitting you, if done correctly it will reset it's attack pattern and you can go back and reposition yourself. I don't know why you'd commit to a bumble rocket only run though since it's almost entirely dependent on RNG.

SpoilerShow
RE: the best way to beat a boss is unionization.
(04-29-2015, 03:54 PM)Wheat Wrote: »if gannon dorf is the form that's a combination demonpig man, and gannon is the form that's the pigdemon part concentrated, what would the dorf form look like?

[Image: UIrwmaK.png]
RE: Dragon Fogel just taught me how to beat a boss by traveling back in time to 2008 and
That was just luck

Did you see the news about the new DLC which is basically Scrambe Bombers DX 2.0? LOL I can't believe people are still playing that game.