Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People
Well unless donut has news I guess we'll just Vote: seedy?

Huzzah for follow the cop.
okay well

given that announcement I think we have three scum and the possibility of an extra death? Or two scum and the possibility of *two* extra deaths.

either way, I am going to vote: Palamedes because that was a turboscum post on his part.

Other scum ... uh ... wait, what the hell, is Garu alive or dead? If garu is dead we're at *seven*, which means if there's a possibility of one extra death, there are two scum - because we'd be in a gamestate where we could lose three townies, and be at four alive, which is a scum win if there's two scum.

hmm. oneshot scum kill? seems unlikely, if I were scum with a oneshot kill I'd burn it early. Maybe lovers? ... do we want a lover claim, if lovers exist?

I guess if we have a lover claim, it should be exactly one of them, with the willingness to speak up if the other lover is in trouble? And even then, only if it's actually useful to claim, hmm.

blarg.
ok so i got seedy town and while i was told i can consider myself sane i'm not really sure
akumu could be scum because they might have been bussed
but i have no clue
i'm going to check out votals and i'll get back to you in like an hour or so
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits of Highly Dead People
In The Danger Zone Votals:

Seedy II - 1 (Palamedes)
Palamedes - 1 (Sotek)

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch. There is no more soft lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, June 3rd at 11:59 Mountain time.

Since Sotek's asking about the numbers, these people are alive unless I've made a mistake and forgotten that somebody died:

Livelist:
-Schazer
-Sotek
-icanhasdonut
-Akumu
-Palamedes
-Nova
-Seedy II
-Gnauga

That's eight people. Count 'em.
ok so d1 we got gnauga sotek akumu pala and nova on a townie with akumu leading
d2 everyone alive sans seedymk2 is on a 3p aka not scum
d3 sotek and pala lead the solarislynch with me and akumu not voting solaris
of note is schazer casting a vote when solaris is basically ded-possible bussin
NEXT POST WITH MORE
Kumu and sxhazer currently most susp off votal reads
D4 schazer lead on green scum lynch with Akumu and gnauga late voters
d5 gnauga pushes off whim to agen and agen shoots a townie not eally sure re this because both were town
d6 whim town lynch leaders Gnauga and Nova
d7 dalm town lynch with Akumu and me leaders
akumu has been late on the scumlynches and early on towns and i am unsure about my read on them
in summary vote akumu
oh hurr. gnauga is not garuru, sorry im dumb.
also flavorcop if you're not scum why aren't you outting because you'd be somewhat helpful
@Sotek it's probably MYLO but there's a doxtor/roleblocker alive who could help
hm. Isn't that usually "just mylo"?
To clarify: MYLO/LYLO classification depends only on the assumption of one successful kill at night. If it's MYLO but there's a doctor or roleblocker or other kill-preventing role, then I would simply announce MYLO and you might get an extra day if you're lucky.

At the same time, MYLO/LYLO does not take into account potential scenarios which can hasten a game end.

It is not technically MYLO. However, certain scenarios may or may not exist resulting in a game end during the night on a mislynch.
new theory: scum traitor which has to be shot to be recruited
nah, it has to mean extra death. hm.

if there were three baddies , we'd /be/ at MYLO, by the strict definition: 3 scum in 8 players is mylo.
so there MUST be less than three baddies.

If there was one baddie it would have to be a pretty freaking wacky situation where like everyone can get a bonus kill or something. So ... not that?

Basically: there "have to be" two baddies alive. For two baddies alive to be a potential game loss on a mislynch with shenanigans would mean that we can lose four players in one day-night cycle, or we can lose three players in one cycle and then are guaranteedish to lose two the next night.

hm, repeatable bonus scum kill? that'd be nuuuuuts.

anyway whatever, two baddies alive, that's the only state that is consistent with that announcement.

donut, you just did some analysis - who makes sense as possible buddies to Akumu? is Akumu/Pala plausible-seeming to you? If not, who is?
I'd go with akumu and pala tbh because pala's post hooooooly shit
if flavorcop flips town schazer can be there tooo
well if flavorcop is town and knows schazer is being cleared by his presumed-scummery ... why no claim?
I am a (I believe) caramel townie, unfortunately I made a bad choice for a caramel action last night and it probably won't be very helpful for proving my caramelness.

I can tell you that I caused the lights out and the guinea pig, which were ultimately meaningless. That's about all I can do, make non-game-relevant things maybe happen with some probability determined by mod.

If the guinea pig comes back possessed by the head editor to deliver a message from beyond the grave today, that's my doing as well. Only a 1/50 chance of it though.

Pala has hammered on a townie recently and tried to get a train going pre-cop-report today, which I don't like at all, but with the lynch requirement so low I'm going to hold off on voting until there can be a bit more discussion?

Which I should also say to keep in mind, make sure not to put someone at three votes today unless you're real sure, because if they're town it's possible for the (assumed) two remaining Undercover agent to swoop in and hammer.
Two more things:

(1) I'm a bit confused by the flavorcop talk actually, can somebody lay out what that's about?

(2) Donut, could you post your complete investigative log up to this point, for easy reference?
(05-29-2014, 07:15 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »also flavorcop if you're not scum why aren't you outting because you'd be somewhat helpful

Because I'm not a real flavourcop and thus haven't gotten shit. I guess there's the chance that Garuru caught a different checking role on Schazer night 2 but I sort of doubt it?

To clarify, I was looking for a certain someone, and once I found them I lost my active ability (if I have to say who that someone is you haven't been paying attention).

As for my post, to be honest the way I see it is that it's a clear-cut decision: We either lynch seedy or Schazer (former if donut got a guilty/checked someone else, latter if seedy was innocent), or we root out whoever is the godfather/traitor/whatever which feels way riskier at this point in time. Like Sotek said we're probably facing two scum, and I really doubt there are two disguised scum.

Therefore Vote Schazer
1) Garuru spotted a flavour cop on me on the night he did his Power Play Superwatch. The fact they haven't come forward yet and given information for the other seven nights when we're in a borderline-MYLO situation is rather hrm.
n1 Akumu-inno
n2 slorange-inno
n3 ebberon-inno
n4 nova-inno
n5 coldblooded-inno
n6 gnauga-inno
n7 seedymk2-inno
also pala what are you if you're not a flavorcop
It seems really convenient that the as-yet unclaimed "Flavour Cop" on me doesn't make an appearance until Garu's dead and can't corroborate. What with demonstrable abilities conferred on caramels (the Power Play, ostensibly Mirdini's spoon-polishing) there's enough wriggle room that it could've been someone else's oneshot.

And I mean the thing going unspoken is that "looking for a dude" is the kind of half-truth that still leave enough reasonable doubt that you're a traitor/mafia recruiter.

So in conclusion Pala: unless you're the lovers Sotek's banking on (which might make sense about the maybe-MYLO? I have not had enough sleep this week and can't wrangle numbers) I'd be pretty ok with lynching you?
Donut I was a seeking role. I got super vague flavour about people (basically along the lines of 'you read this but it's not what you're looking for'), which is why I think Fogel might have defined me as a flavourcop for Garuru. I am now something else and I'd rather not go into details if at all possible.

Schazer, Garuru already corroborated? Like there's pretty much nothing left for him to say (and he would have assumedly mentioned if he saw me AND someone else target you) so I don't know what you're trying to pull.
(05-29-2014, 10:15 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Pala has hammered on a townie recently.

I know I'm sort of tooting my own horn here but when softlynch has been abolished and every single player has agreed that the day needs to be ended early (and, therefore, they won't be contributing any meaningful discussion) hammering is not a scumtell! Basically someone else would have hammered, day would have been extended pointlessly, or a no lynch could have even occurred.
I mean it's all up to conjecture and second-guessing, really. But I know for a fact that Garuru did not declare all of the night actions as seen by the Power Play, so there's every possibility he saw an action that wasn't necessarily described as a flavour cop (perhaps, something more insidious and recruity), and opted to describe it to the mob as something different to catch a claimant in a trap.

Also the way you're describing you role still doesn't exclude you being a traitor/other scum recruitable. I'm not scared of you, the mafia, or even the lynch right now, so why don't you share whatever paltry flavour your gleaned off me?