Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 5: The Rings of Satire
nooo i wanna hug it :C
Follows the guinea pig and searches the corner for it
you eat that guinea pig with your hammerhead shark convict ways and i'll eat you
meanwhile i forgot that i had a vote on cb, vote whimbrel
self voting yourself showing you can post but not posting is bad
And jesters are bastardy.
vote whimbrel

Seems like Whim wants out so might as well help.
(05-04-2014, 03:21 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Vote: Whimbrel
is she even playing??
get lost lurker

but whim you aren't even playing Melonspa
(05-04-2014, 08:23 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »In one of my earlier mafias in my pretty short mafia career, I was a mafia in a newbie mafia where each of us got paired with a mentor. I was about to get lynched, and the advice I got was "Flail, Gnauga! Flail for your life!"

Haha, oh yeah..... sorry about that, Gnauga.

I don't remember the exact context of that joke, but I doubt that I would have made it if you weren't just about sunk already. I sort of remember being busy for a lot of that game, but I probably should have still tried to give you a bit more helpful advice leading up to that part anyway. If you've been holding that joke against me for the last two years now, all I can say now is that I'm really sorry about all of that.

(05-03-2014, 08:32 AM)seedy Wrote: »gnauga while you're buddying my corpse it might be pertinent for you to notice that you quoted me saying you were iffy
your post is weird because for a good 70% of the game I was dead fucking wrong about truegreen and actually defended him a little. it seems like you're picking and choosing what to quote me saying so you can use my townflip to get people lynched? well it's all okay the real me is here now

Seedy, would you mind explaining your argument for me here again? I wasn't paying much attention to it earlier, but looking back it seems as if the post you went after Gnauga for (#864) has less to do with them "using your townflip to get people lynched" and more to do with them shouting into the wind, trying to figure out why you'd gotten shot. It's not especially helpful, sure, but I'm not really seeing how they're trying to spin it in any direction at all? I mean, the closest thing to a scumread of yours that they decided to share in that post was about themselves.

Not particularly liking Whimbrel's response at all, especially since this game is probably rapidly approaching ragequit territory for scum if I'm correct about most/all of my townreads so far. Still feel better about leaving my vote on Agent for right now though.
Naw no grudge, I'm just saying that backed against a wall, most mafia start flailing. Like, what else can you do? But I'm not looking for so much of a "they're cleaning my neck" flail like from Truegreen as a "odds are 1:4096 against" flail which would be a slower, kind of broader flail with overtones of "fuck it". Like a "shit, I gotta get myself in good with town" which I guess is more of a tone thing than anything else.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I Should Probably Do Votals Again At Some Point

Coldblooded - 1 (AgentBlue)
AgentBlue - 1 (Coldblooded)
Whimbrel - 4 (Nova, Whimbrel, icanhasdonut, eberron)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, May 6th at 11:59 PM Mountain time, or about 37.5 hours from now.
didn't someone vote for me though or did they unvote?
Also, you might be missing several votes for Whim waaaay back. Particularly, mine.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I only checked the votes since my last votals, blame my past self for being inaccurate there.
Oh my god I completely forgot about this game I'm sorry.

Honestly I could go for just about any lurker lynch/Agent/Gnauga/Schazer, but if I'm going to jump on one to lynch I'd rather go for the one that has actual reasons thrown behind it. Vote Agen

I have just about no free time right now but i'll try to give today a proper read and maybe get a couple more posts out.
well, with gnauga it seemed like they were typing paragraphs about theories that didn't really matter to the game...sort of like agent was. the tone and the way they brought up reads seemed off. I'm not sure about the way the initially slid off of agent? agent who should come back and talk more but wuh, it is hard to yell at people to spend hours analyzing maf when finals are nigh. anyways vote: agent I was gonna say "the wagon already has enough votes" but it...really doesn't? I guess I was confused by how vitriolic she was being

gnauga how do you feel about dalm now that she's checked in

put some peanut butter on a plate and set it on the floor in an attempt to lure the guinea pig
Oh Look, More Votes

Coldblooded - 1 (AgentBlue)
AgentBlue - 3 (Coldblooded, Palamedes, Seedy)
Whimbrel - 5 (Nova, Whimbrel, icanhasdonut, eberron, Garuru)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, May 6th at 11:59 PM Mountain time, or about 29.5 hours from now.
fine with whim, should put them a bit above soft so they don't unvote themselves and cause a no lynch.

also mechanicswise flavorcop is probably a scum cop because scum know all the mafia and flavor helps find powerroles
Deadline is in about 5.5 hours, votals are unchanged since the last one.

If you made a vote and I don't have it there, vote again so I'm sure to notice it.
I would still prefer an Agent lynch today for all the previously explained reasons, as well as the "fighting townfirms" thing and also the fact that they seen to have quickly dropped back off the earth as soon as a handful of people started looking in their direction.

A Whimbrel lynch wouldn't broke my heart either though, and I'll probably switch my vote over there if it doesn't look like Agent's going to get lynched in the next four hours or so.
(05-04-2014, 08:23 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »I'll leave my vote where it is until you get the chance to defend yourself/beat me up
Well the deadline's there, and Agent hasn't responded and I'm probably not gonna be around to wait for Agent, so.
Vote:AgentBlue

I'd also rather vote Agent because [reasons in aforementioned post].
If anyone feels like switching over, feel free. Otherwise we'll just ride the soft-lynch on Whimbrel's own back.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Hff. I've been away from this thread for too long. I will admit my vote on Whimsy was a ............. whimsical one.

B|

So of course I don't feel okay with the others on this particular wagon. But that can wait until later.

But I'm okay with an Agen lynch, as well. At this point, it's either one or the other. I think I'll go back and reread the thread to make a decision. For now, whimsical vote stays.
Sotek has also been voting AgentBlue for awhile now, and I don't think he should have mysteriously disappeared off of the votals list yesterday.
huh, yeah. revote: AgentBlue?
Okay, what the heck, just how off are these votals and do I need to double-check the whole day?

I think I might. Okay, you get a 24-hour extension so you can have a day where you know the votals are accurate.
Actually Correct Votals, Geez Fogel

Gnauga - Seedy
AgentBlue (4) - Coldblooded, Sotek, Palamedes, Gnauga
Whimbrel (5) - Nova, Garuru, Whimbrel, icanhasdonut, eberron
Coldblooded - AgentBlue

Apparently I skipped over one of my own votals posts when updating a few days back and that threw things off.

Deadline is now Wednesday, May 7 at 11:59 PM to make up for that major oversight. That's about 26.5 hours from now.
I was just about to bring that up.

And also the Whimbrel wagon is all townfirmed so uh forget what I said about that.

Still, gosh. With Gnauga's vote, the wagons are tied. Makes me want to go over and vote Agen. Yet... I'm not so convinced on Agen's scumminess. Pretty much all of it stems from Coldblooded and Gnauga, both of whom are still uncertain factors to me.

I don't feel like Agen is scum, honestly! They certainly are trying their best. And CB and Gnauga hasn't convinced me otherwise. In fact, Gnauga's case seems a bit... off to me. Seems like uhh... (they) are trying to make excuses for deciding to vote Agen. Like, "thinking like scum". Basically, they are imagining scenarios in which Agen is scum, and that often doesn't lend itself well to a lynch, especially if none of the scenarios have any solid evidence behind them. And that was after new!seedy prompted them to explain if they thought Agen was scum. It just feels off. Probably not worth looking into, but who knows.

Of course, I was already feeling off about Agen, especially That One Post with the town/3p/3p read. I feel like lynching whimsy would be kind of a waste, when an agenlynch would give us lots of pertinent info and relationships, based on their flip.

Also, re: Whim's self vote, that is a thing I have seen new!town do far too often. I mean, we were about to lynch her for no real reason, so I can get how she was like "welp i'm done". Not a towntell by any case but considering all we know of her is that she self-voted, I'm suddenly not so confident on a whimsy lynch.

preve: okay, an extension. don't think things are going to change anyways.

I think I'll vote: AgentBlue in lieu of there not being a better lynch today.