Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 4: Life of Pie
Damnit you've caught me.

I swear I'm a miller!
Love how Pal still voted me even though I only now have the chance to be on =P

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to figure the flavor now or if it was just because of my pie but seeing how I have what, 3... 4 votes on me at the moment, can't hurt.

*Wipes off some of the pie on Sotek and gives it a taste*

And since I'm being asked to vote, as much as I'm not as sure of this as I was before

Vote:Truegreen

Sorry True, you lean abit more scum to me at the moment still.
While I would like to target those I deem more suspicious, this looks like it's going to turn out one of two ways.

I'm sorry Eberron, but I'd really like to survive this game.

unvote

vote: Eberron
And I think you know the feeling.
Woah eberron you say that like I haven't voted for you at least like, once per day.
Lol, eh its all good true and Pala
All I know is this is gonna be a major mislynch
vote green
fyi, if we lynch ebberron today, when he flips town, check green.
Because if no one else noticed his casual softclaim god damn.
What is a softclaim? Definition please.
post 708 you discussed your pie mechanic, and implied your role without outright stating it. you basically said "nah i didn't kill the pie would've shown me killing"
Donut how is that a softclaim of anything but 'not a visiting role', or is that what you meant?

Because honestly the fact that Truegreen probably didn't visit anyone is maaaaybe the number one or two reason I don't want to lynch him over eberron (or, if I'm being honest, you).
(04-25-2014, 08:23 PM)eberron Wrote: »Vote:Truegreen

(04-25-2014, 08:35 PM)Truegreen Wrote: »vote: Eberron

oh shit its on
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
that's what i meant.
Now please read the second part of my statement. Given how the game's gone so far, I doubt that scum have any pure vanilla roles (I guess godfather is a possibility, but usually the godfather is responsible for kills and the like due to their innocent seeming nature). So if there's no godfather/someone else dies and is godfather, Truegreen is probably town. Side note to that: If you are the mystery investigative power Garuru mentioned and you are not a cop, then Truegreen is almost certainly town because having a godfather and no cop is just crazy.

Glad you reminded me of this, because based on that Truegreen kind of jumps from his esteemed spot of person I want dead immediately after eberron down to person I want dead after three or four other people.
One, I asked for a definition, not an instance. I don't know what softclaim means.

Yeah, I speculated on what the pie did. That's my current theory based on mostly linguistic cues and a lack of information. It is about as accurate as any other hypothesis on my pie's function.

I might also add that I was prompted to provide a suggestion on the pie's workings by a statement by Eberron (our local pie expert) who wondered why I was so messy. He speculated that I was hit by two pies, something that is fairly unlikely now given that we have located 4 pies when there really should only be 3. I'd say we have all of them accounted for and one extra which was an EVENT PIE which I'm guessing Slorange never actually made. In other words I'm calling Admin Tomfoolery.
Softclaiming is when you try to claim a specific role without actually saying it or laying down specifics.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I'm saying the pie might not do that and that green's speculation is just that.
I completely agree with you.
True, but it makes way more sense than literally anything else suggested (for example, Cyber should have had pie on his face when he was revealed, and theoretically Sotek and eberron should have official flavor reminding us that there is pie all over their faces). So for now I'm vaguely operating based on that assumption, until Truegreen is either proven town or scum, a better idea comes forward, or I run out of people who I also think are just as likely scum candidates (basically Truegreen is still a scumread, but hey I have other scumreads that might not be semi-townfirmed).
Votals At War

Truegreen - 5 (Schazer, Whimbrel, Nova, eberron, icanhasdonuts)
eberron - 5 (Akumu, Garuru, Palamedes, Sotek, Truegreen)

With 15 alive and active, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 26 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time, about 30.5 hours from now.

Currently there is a tie, unless I missed some votes. (If I did, make your votes again so I see them.) If a tie remains at the deadline, things will happen to decide which one gets lynched.
what is the deadline?
It's in the blurb at the bottom of every votals.

(04-25-2014, 11:23 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Deadline is Saturday, April 26 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time, about 30.5 hours from now.

That one was an hour ago. Anyways, you've still got a whole day to argue.
Alright, so I've been pretty busy here over the last few days. I managed to get some rereading done yesterday, but pages 14-24 have still gone mostly unread at this point. So I guess I'll just turn in what I have now and try to get caught up on the rest by tomorrow.

Eberron - So far nobody's been able to give me a good reason as to why Slorange would use his mechanical knowledge pie on Eberron of all people beyond "maybe it was randomized?". (It wasn't.) Personally, I'd just put money on him making the whole thing up to try and play 'getting hit in the face with a rotten pie from a confirmed townie' as being not completely awful.

The fact that Eberron's kept jumping back on and off the Truegreen lynch for the last couple days also makes me think that there's about zero chance that the two of them are scum together. As opposed to Truegreen, his play seems a lot more passive and reactionary. And then of course there's the fact that Solaris saved him from the jaws of the D1 lynch mob with four whole minutes to spare. I'm going to say he's probably scum.

Truegreen - There's been a lot of stuff Truegreen's said that I don't agree with, particularly his D2 Slorange crusade, but honestly he strikes me a lot more as an enthusiastic but inexperienced townie than as scum at all. He's been very active for a new player, and I can usually at least figure out the rationale for his opinions even when I don't agree with them. Seedy's post from way back on Day 2 is also still relevant here. (Post #274)
SpoilerShow
Also wooooooow, look at that Truegreen wagon. Two people who gave super weak reasons and then disappeared right after daystart, (Schazer and Whimberel), Nova, who I'm sort of neutral on at the moment I guess, followed by the super scum duo, Eberron and Donut. No thanks guys.

Schazer - From what I've read so far, Schazer has been making me uneasy. Many of her posts, especially early on, seem like little more than white noise. (Including the infamous "there's not really anything we can deduce from Slorange's claim right now, but let me talk about it for 15 paragraphs anyway.) That push for a Cyber lynch out of nowhere at the end of D1 also seemed pretty out of character for her. Her flip over from "kindly Truegreen mentor" to "Okay, you can die now." isn't something I particularly like either, especially considering how little she's been involved today otherwise. I know that she's been busy for bitwhile now, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. I could very well just be jumping at shadows here, but whatever. Light scum read.

Donut - Donut has been super unhelpful all game, and seems 100% uninterested in explaining any of his reads at all besides citing vague "interactions" between players. If Eberron flips scum, Donut would be a great person to go after next, and if Eberron isn't scum, than Donut's still a great person to lynch anyway. P.S. Donut, if you could actually start explaining these mysterious interactions that you insist can clear the names of both Eberron and Akumu, I would love to hear them.

Seedy - I don't have any long, drawn out reason for this read, she just keeps making good posts that I mostly agree with. Townish.

As a side note, I've seen several groups of people who I'd say are almost definitely not scummates, and they just so happen to form a nice non-coalignment chain together: Seedy is not coaligned with Akumu. Akumu is not coaligned with Eberron. Eberron is not coaligned with Truegreen. Truegreen is not coaligned with Schazer.

Scumreads: Eberron OR Akumu. (Probably the former.) Donut.
Townreads: Seedy, dot dot dot, [Your name here for just 12 easy payments of $19.95.]

Actually, looking at the votals for the end of D3 makes me feel a good bit better about a lot of the people on the Solaris lynch, but they don't get to move up into the townreads section until I've actually finished reading that day.

Jesus Christ did this post get a lot longer than I was expecting.

In conclusion: Lynch Eberron.
can i just do 12 easy payments of 19.95 instead