Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express
(03-19-2014, 02:00 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Akumu - 2 (icanhasdonuts, Granolaman)

(03-18-2014, 01:00 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »I have also decided that keeping a suspicion on someone this early is as pointless as trying to stop a Perfectly Normal Beast from vanishing.
Unvote.

fogel pls
also I like how amos didn't answer schazer's question
(03-18-2014, 10:39 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »[Image: 2hxavlf.jpg]

Donut has a point here. Garuru's posts are great, and also definitely super filler. I don't want to see him dead, but I'd rather not let scum accidentally slip through solely on entertainment value. If we have some sort of jailer or roleblocker role I wouldn't mind seeing him locked down for a few nights.
It was partially at ruru and partially at amos.
Cover three was a response to schazer. Forgive me for not being direct about who I was responding to.

I suppose I didnt like that Pala was suggesting I need a developed reason to have a vote on Donut and vague suspicions on Slorange. The vote on donut was mt first post, an rvs.

Sorry about wording it like that. I think Im just realizing that I dont have the stamina or time to play a serious game of mafia right now, so it's probably best that I opt out of this game. This decision isnt meant to be a response but rather the healthy thing to do in my life at the time being.
Sorry, I didn't realize it was an RVS (I kind of assumed it wasn't since it's already been a while and some people were already voting donut for non-random reasons.

Also sorry that you've got to drop out, good luck with the other stuff you've got going on!
Of Mice And Votals

Granolaman - 1 (Sotek)
Akumu - 1 (Granolaman)
Mirdini - 1 (Agent)
No Lynch - 1 (Slorange)
eberron - 2 (Akumu, Palamedes, Gnauga)
icanhasdonuts - 2 (Schazer, amosmyn)
amosmyn - 2 (Solaris, Garuru)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is Thursday, March 20 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.

Replacement attempt in progress.
[Image: G1F6Ria.png]
[Image: xwldX.gif]
That's a pretty good book actually :0
Announcement: There will be a 24-hour extension for the day because I have to hunt for a replacement. You can continue talking and voting as you please in the meantime.
I'm gonna vote for whoever replaces Amosmyn
just kidding, unvote
Initially, I intended to vote for chwoka, however I thought better of this ill-regarded notion.
I propose a rigorous gauntlet of interrogations to blunt the wiles of our undercover saboteur. Hmm, if only we had some kind of lie detector.

For now, I vote for No lynch.
As I really have nothing to work on No Lynch
I could go for a no lynch or a Chwoka Lynch at this point. Looking back, there's actually a decent set of relations data we can mine from Anona's flip.
These Votals Have No Title

Granolaman - 1 (Sotek)
Mirdini - 1 (Agent)
No Lynch - 3 (Slorange, Dalm, eberron)
eberron - 3 (Akumu, Palamedes, Gnauga)
icanhasdonuts - 2 (Schazer, amosmyn)
amosmyn - 2 (Solaris, Garuru)
Chwoka - 1 (Granolaman)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 to soft lynch. Deadline is Friday, March 21 at 11:59 PM Mountain time.

Still replacement-hunting. Hopefully this will be sorted out by Day 2 at the latest.
ugh, I'd really rather lynch granola, but I'm not up to pushing it right now.

vote: Eberron for being the slightly-less-shady end of the pair, and also having votes, I guess.
Veronica Bryant here with some commentary on the current 'lynching' situation.
First off, I'd like to congratulate Slorange for his sportsmanship. This group is so bloody-minded I predict using them as a simile to comment on the behavior of congress for YEARS to come. Thanks for the metaphor-fodder (metafodder?) in advance, guys.
But seriously, real props to Slorange for calling out people for not knowing his personal quirks. It takes guts to restate your position every game despite knowing it'll end in people rehashing the same arguments over and over at you. I know I'd get sick of it, but that's because I just don't have his strength of character.
Next on the list of heroes, our controversial friend Akumu. Well, I'll just let the cartoon I sketched up in their honor speak for itself.

[Image: tumblr_n2q7nzwFGY1s1b1gto1_500.png]

Btw, for people obsessed with how much I'm posting, that counted for a thousand words.

[Takes cup of tea and dims lights to signal switch into more serious tone]
Garuru, you call out people on eberron's bandwagon. But far more than not commenting on Pala's vote until later, I take issue with your lack of comment on Akumu (other than in a question to eberron on why they were voting them), a.k.a. the very reason the bandwagon began. Your evaluation of those two votes as being Bad Votes, while true, is intensely superficial and perhaps intentionally ignorant of the argument which the wagon stemmed from.
[swirls tea in glass like it's wine or some shit] But frankly, I'm not sure I agree with Pala's claim that Garuru is 'defending' eberron. Their wagon had 4 votes early d1 and the game had stalled a little. We well know that such early wagons on new faces rarely go directly towards a lynch. Usually people pursue others on the wagon and other lynches are explored. While the original lynch may indeed get killed at the end of the day, Garuru 'defended' eberron at the time when it was in fact safest and most natural to do so.
I'd say the real point of the post was to try and kick off fresh lynches that it'd look better to be on, especially since he chose to vote a player who I doubt would give a stunning argument in response to pressure. And he drops it immediately after questioning by Pala (I suppose I can't dislike both of them, can I? Then again, they are being eerily nonconfrontational with each other), with nary a second thought or vote to anyone else on the bandwagon he thought was so scummy.
I don't agree with Schazer's views on Akumu. I see 'em as being focused on one person but refusing to analyze all the people supposedly 'leaving [them] alone' in their suspicions of eberron. If you want them dead, surely you have some opinion on the people making arguments that contradict that? The rationales of the people leaving their lynch? No? You'd rather restate your idea that we instead wail for the people who haven't spoken yet? Well, I'm restating my point here, but I think that's just ludicrous.

(By the way, Solaris, I see my heart's trust has been betrayed once more. I gave you a wax-sealed missive to be delivered unto these people regarding my lack of internet which you swore to me between kisses you would faithfully deliver. [pours contents of flask into tea] Yet I see that your promises that you had changed were all for naught. Was it that harlot again--no, do not tell me. I am sure I would prefer my made-up story over the one you'll give me.)

Anyways, other than that I like Schazer's post. I like Gnauga's post too. (This is not contradictory, because I like Schazer's post as a post made by Schazer, not as perfect advice for whom to lynch that I will follow to the letter.) Solaris seems alright as well.

Granola's standpoint that we should lynch a player who has expressed no real opinion solely because of 'relations data' is at best a satire of these types of lynches.
Sotek's post is iffy, but I can appreciate tiredness.

I'm not sure which I dislike more; Garuru's focus on individual Bad Votes instead of looking at wider connections on arguments or Akumu's tunneling an easy lynch to the same end. Or perhaps their stunning lack of interaction? For god's sake, Akumu, the man's inevitable assertion that eberron was new (someone would have done it eventually) is what temporarily dissuaded your pet lynch. Yet you're more interested in people who aren't even here.
Gentle readers, what's more intentionally uncontroversial than posts which only contain exhortations for others to post more? After all, who can take issue with that? They don't even bother to offer new analyses on the posts their target has made since they voted them, causing me to wonder if they truly want eberron dead or if they just feel their vote is currently in a safe place and do not wish to risk moving it.

vote: Akumu
Whoops! I should just make a quick note here. Sol told me Seedy was preoccupied-though-still-interested, but all it registered as to me was "don't go looking for a replacement" and not "pass that along to the thread".

My apologies, I'll try to remember this sort of thing in the future.

On another note, replacement hunting is not going well so far. If any of you know usual (or unusual) suspects who can be shaken down to join this thing, feel free to drag them in. If not, well, hopefully I'll have this taken care of by Day 2.
So it appears we have like less than 24 hours to go, and the game kind of isn't really going anywhere.

(03-21-2014, 04:19 AM)seedy Wrote: »[Takes cup of tea and dims lights to signal switch into more serious tone]
Garuru, you call out people on eberron's bandwagon. But far more than not commenting on Pala's vote until later, I take issue with your lack of comment on Akumu (other than in a question to eberron on why they were voting them), a.k.a. the very reason the bandwagon began. Your evaluation of those two votes as being Bad Votes, while true, is intensely superficial and perhaps intentionally ignorant of the argument which the wagon stemmed from.

My problem isn't with the bandwagon, it's with the people on it. Sure, it's kind of a small wagon, but the way I saw it was: Akumu votes, with a nice reason (eberron being agree-happy), Pala follows up, adding several good reasons, and Chwoka just kind of jumps on, and Nova also jumps on, giving only him OMGUSing as a reason. So... two good votes, two "Bad Votes". I didn't really see a reason to comment on the good votes, though, as the bad votes seemed more pressing to me. Debatable, in other words. Possibly... lynchable? God forbid I seek out appropriate lynch targets so early in the game. Surely I should be saying "well done" all around. (sorry for the sarcasm)

That being said, I will fully admit to slightly glossing over Akumu's post, because of the sheer amount of roleplaying and maths involved at that point in the game, which were difficult for me to read.

Also there aren't really any "wider connections on arguments" here. Akumu and Para both made good points so good for them, and I doubt Chwoka and Nova are connected to them, instead making easy votes on a currently easy wagon. Hence, superficial evaluation for superficial posts.

(note: let me just say that although Akumu's reason for voting eberron were okay, his lingering on that vote and poking inactive people, as seedy has said, was kind of a very safe action.)

(in addition to the above: Chwoka's vote was bad, but doesn't really mean anything anymore, as he admitted to being shallow. Also, Nova was kind of delirious? basically my argument was shut down by supplemental information which is okay, but do be sure to take note of this.)

So, Amos is getting replaced.

unvote: amos' slot
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Sarcasm and passive aggression, good start to the game, A+ first post
(03-21-2014, 06:22 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »Sarcasm and passive aggression, good start to the game, A+ first post

(03-17-2014, 12:35 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »None at all, sweetheart! How about we lynch you, though, if that's the most mathematically-sound option?
(03-21-2014, 12:47 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »I could go for a no lynch or a Chwoka Lynch at this point. Looking back, there's actually a decent set of relations data we can mine from Anona's flip.

what is a flip
You're right, totally comparable. The egg is all over my face now! It's nice having you around.

A flip is the role and alignment reveal after a player's death.
Anyways Garuru, I suppose that's fair. I guess maybe your general teamfriendliness was weirding me out? I'd have expected you to go after Para more, but maybe I should cool it this game and accept that some people's response to OPINION CONTROVERSY is to go "oh I get what you're saying ha ha no hard feelings" and the like.
Hmm, it's not like I think everyone's connected in a giant web, but I do still get an odd feeling when people have an opinion on one person without voicing an opinion on people they've strongly disagreed with. It seems like they want to lynch one person without accidentally locking in their opinions. Which is preeeeetty shifty if you ask me.
It's not like I need paragraphs of analysis, I'd just like people to express solid opinions a bit more in this game. Like how Gnauga acknowledges that they're nominally "on pala's side" in their post. Saying stuff like "I'm voting [x]" and then mentioning how you feel about some of the people agreeing with you or disagreeing with you would be good. Also it provides connections an important part of gameplay, incidentally what granola is referring to when he says 'relations data' jsyk chwoka, etc.

Actually you know what that maybe deserves a more in depth explanation? What he means is that whether or not you're scum will affect how we view some people, generally along the lines of "if you're town people who wanted you dead look bad and if you're scum they look good" as well as "if you're scum then people whom you wanted dead look good" and "if you're scum then people who were on the same lynches as you look bad." The thing is that since most of your actions have been fucking around as far as I can tell, analyzing them using this type of thing doesn't make a lot of sense, and there are people who have acted scummier and have more 'relations data.'
Okay, so I decided to make a reference spreadsheet of all known flavor, on one hand because I am bored, on the other so that I could feel like I'm contributing to this all somehow, despite my dual handicaps of not being able to process things logically or tell when I shouldn't trust someone. It's not very helpful, especially since it looks like we're killing off RP because sniping at one another and arguing is clearly preferable to fluff.

The only conclusion I can hope to draw from it all is that, hey, there's at least two Non-Fiction authors! Maybe — maybe something's up with that? That could be a scum team, or a — a town team? Is that a thing? If it is I'd guess it's more likely that, since, you know, I wouldn't call murder mysteries non-fiction... then again, if they actually DO commit the murders? Nah, even then, that's more prophecy. Maybe if someone showed up when Robert spilled the tea leaves and started reading them we'd have a finger to point. I'd remove Akumu and Gnauga (and no future claimants, you'd have had your shot) from my personal suspicion — but that's IF they weren't lying about their flavor, which is such a big "if" in this game that, no matter how hard Akumu sold their genre, I can't justify that. So, yeah, useless!

Regarding mining from my flip like a Bitcoin junkie, yeah, I don't see how that would tell you anything useful, even when I pretend that I'm not me. Like seedy says, I spend so much time fucking around that anything I have done in the game up to this point can be pinned down far less on either possible alignment and more on characteristic erratic behavior. Hell, half the reason I voted for eberron (the half that doesn't quite work for an in-character explanation) was because I thought "Yeah, let's lynch that old lady!" was a funny sentence. There's so much noise to signal it's like I'm invisible. But hey, prove me wrong, show me a Choose Your Own Adventure where if I'm scum then we can turn to page 8 and tell x, y, and z are true and if I'm town then we can turn to page 7 and a, b, c.

(I wonder if anybody has a Choose Your Own Adventure quirk, and if so, why they aren't using it.)