Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
Raph nets a cooking kit and loses 500P and goes to the beach.

Bastion also goes to the beach.

There's a couple of trainers, a few people just generally hanging out, a Ranger- oh hey, that's Clifton talking to that Ranger!

Clifton

You ask Ranger Dale about the situation last night.
"Yes, that's me. Oh, ah, you must be responsible for what I saw this morning. It's, uh, yes. Dealt with. There's usually a few signs about it. Warnings and the like. The beach doesn't actually get actively closed at night because it's a popular training spot, as you might expect. We don't know where the sign went, but we're getting a new sign in, in any case. It'd normally mention you should take defeated ocean dwelling Pokemon back into the water, but I can't blame you for not knowing. Just... be aware if you go for that again."

Tori
It doesn't take long to find what you're looking for. Just at the side of the Pokemon Center you find a sleeping Tropius accompanied by Lorin, who seems to be guarding the fruit dinosaur. As you approach, the Tropius groggily gets up, and wobbily stands up. You see a couple of empty bottles of what appears to be Grepa Berry Wine. Lorin just does a little birdy shrug.
You now have a drunk dinosaur on your hands. Good times.

Marc
The lady behind the counter takes a look at Crebscorps and ponders for a moment, and then calls out to somebody else across the room.
"Cheryl, you wanna take this one?"
She smiles and nods and heads over to the area with the black mat and looks towards you, "Is two Pokemon each good for you?"
Tori claps. Twice. Slowly. "Eh, if you two had a decent night I'm not going to judge you."

She fishes out two straps of Berry Leather, unwraps them just enough that Lorin can do the rest, and leaves them on Tropius' leg or something.

"Do you need, like, water or anything? I'll go find a bucket."

Tori heads back into the Pokemon Centre, to try and ask for a bucket to put water in. If they're not obliging, Tori can go buy one at the Junk Shop, no problem.
"Uh, um... yeah. Sure. Let me just..."

Marc (doesn't) call Sleim out, and saves him for the next pokemon.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Raphael looks around at the scene and sees Clifton! She begins to walk over to him and calls out a short greeting, which is somewhat muffled by the fact that she just tripped over Stryker and now has a face full of sand. Ow.

Gabby and Stryker, the latter clanking slightly, both trot happily over to Clifton and nudge him.
"Huh, weird. Maybe some delinquents took it or something." Clifton shrugs, then focuses on why he was looking for this guy in the first place. "Oh, right! The guys at the ranger station said you might have some advice for safely preparing Oddish? Like, get rid of or neutralize their poisons somehow."

He then glances over his shoulder and smiles. "Hey there, little dudes. Where's... Raph." Clifton shakes his head, holds his finger up to Dale in the "one more minute" signal, and goes to help Raphael to her feet.
Bastion is like "CLIFFTON CLIFFTON CLIFFTON HI."
Raph pulls her face up from the beach and sputters sand...

"pfft pfft pffft ohmygodI'msosorry."

...all over the approaching Bastion.
"Aww, jeez, hang on." Clifton wipes the sand off Bastion's face, then ruffles his hair a bit. "Good to see you too, kiddo. Just gimme a sec to talk to the ranger, alright?" He smiles, then turns back to Dale. "So yeah, like I was saying. Cooking oddishes. Feasible?"
Bastion nods and stands. He gets bored quickly, but PERSEVERES.

While Bastion does not have the true capacity to dislike people he does now have an urge to be around Cliffton and Raph less.
Raph sits down onto the sand, cross-legged, and starts building a mound sandcastle. Absently, she plucks the kettle off of Stryker's head when the Electrike clambers on top of the castle, and sighs. "Now I've only got to get you an Electric-type move, and we can train at the gym, hopefully." She glances over at the rest of the people about to see if any look like battling. She also feels incredibly guilty about sanding up Bastion and is incredibly sorry and this has nothing to do with the Shockwave TM Bastion has.
Sturm punches his way out of bed. He isn't really sure what to do right now, so he sends out all his Pokemon and consults them for ideas.
SpoilerShow

The Beach
"Ah, I suppose you stumbled across the Oddish problem on Route 301. Yeah, the key is to stay away from the leaves. That's where the real toxins are. You would not believe how many people are brought into the local clinic because they decide it would make a lovely garnish. The rest is usually pretty okay, but I always make sure to sear it first before finishing cooking. They're a bit too bitter on their own, so I'd recommend picking up some seasoning if you're gonna go for it."

The two trainers approach the group. "Hey, me and my buddy were lookin' for a battle. Two of you guys want in?"

Tori
You head to the Center and explain your desire for a bucket of sorts, but it seems like the buckets are in use. Something about some bad Pokemon food, and Oddish or something.
Over at Essentials Inc, you do manage to find a decent sized Plastic Pail for 65p.

Sturm

Sleipnir blinks and yawns.
Jormungandr just flops about a little.
Yggdrasil, however, looks at a poster on the wall behind Sturm. Sturm cannot read what it says, but it shows a picture of the Rec Center across the street, with some shirtless guy engaging in a Pokemon Battle using some kinda fish, and there's a shiny surfboard thing on there. A badge, one would assume. If he could read it, it would very clearly mention that it serves as the Pokemon Gym for this town, and one could win a Surf Badge for beating the leader.

Marc meanwhile won some money and a level for taking on a challenge in Poise N' Grace. Good times.
Clifton nods and shakes Dale's hand, thanks the ranger for his help, and quickly edits his pokedex's data to include information on proper Oddish preparation. Then he glances over his shoulder at Bastion and Raph. "If you guys both want to take 'em on, go ahead. I don't want to steal your thunder or nothing."
"Thank you very much, everyone!"

Marc just leaves without buying anything. Rude. He doesn't really know where to go next, though, so, through a series of contrived coincidences and deus ex machinae [e: apparently the plural is dei ex machina? who knew], he ends up at the beach, Owei in tow(ei).
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Bastion nods, ready to use his NEW FRIENDS.
"I...okay. I'll give it a go." Raph nods with RENEWED CONFIDENCE.

(TO ROLL20)
Tori purchases the pail, fills it up with water, and goes and helps a Tropius get rehydrated.
Tori fills up the bucket and gets it to the Tropius, whereupon he basically just dunks his whole head in. After the bucket is... surprisingly quickly emptied, it stands up, and looks ready to go! I mean, he's still kinda wobbly but eh

As Marc rolls onto the beach, he somewhat unwittingly ends up getting pulled into this about to ensue battle. Upon realizing the opposing team has only two trainers, Marc gets shoved onto that team, under the rationale that he showed up late.

The roll20 campaign, for those that need a reminder.
Tori follows her nose to, unsurprisingly, the place producing a whole load of olfactory onslaughts. The Tropius probably doesn't want to go sticking his hungover head in there, so Tori takes a look around with Lorin, reading the sign by the alcove.

"You guys do fights? My bird needs some exercise if anyone's keen."
(not actually dead or ragequitting)
Clifton goes to the Pokemon Center to heal up Calloway and Casta. Then he brings them out and strolls around town with them, maybe playing with them a bit. Do crabs and sheep fetch sticks? ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT.
CENTER FUN TIME
well okay i'll just do this now

THAT BATTLE HAPPENED. Twelve pokemon entered, and only one ended not unconscious. Regardless, the whole enemy team won. Well, enemy is a strong word, considering that team included Marc. Marc's Pokedex beeps, and looking at it, it seems like 500P had been automatically deposited into his bank account. The other two guys compliment the group on a good battle.

Pokecenter or whatever

Healings happen and such. Hayes took quite the hit but you wouldn't use deadly force in a friendly battle so while he's taken a better hit than can be healed with the machine, it'll only be like a fifteen minute wait to get him patched up.
Wigsa however, seems to be trying to evolve now that he's all healthy and stuff again!

After Clifton gets his guys all healed without incident, he finds a stick and tries fetch.
Calloway sees the thrown stick and just sorta... looks at it confused. Oddly enough it's the crab that figures it out and rushes off for it. Upon picking it up, it snaps the stick in half, apparently overestimate the structural integrity of this small piece of wood.
Calloway follows up by suddenly figuring it out and bringing back Clifton half a stick.

Tori
The lady at the desk says that yes, they do battles, generally two pokemon each, one out at a time, and somebody will gladly take you on once you decide on your two.
"Hrm, right."

Tori deliberates for a bit, before releasing her Gastly to take point with Lorin. "These two."
"Uh... right. Good... good teamwork, fellas."

Clifton ponders for a moment. "Oh, right, Bastion and Raph were doing a thing with one of those TM disc things. I should go see if they still have that?" AND SO HE DOES