Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
Weekends are totally a-ok.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
A LIST OF NOTABLE EVENTS THIS ENCOUNTER:

Dear God look at all those Oddish.
Natalie takes the life of an Oddish, what a killing machine.
This one turtwig is super into eating this flower; ignores everybody that tries to befriend it.
Tori wakes up a Tropius, doesn't think about what to do next.
Raphael points a stick at a swimming Electrike, gets a bite.

This whole exchange
SpoilerShow

Sleipnir reduced a different Oddish completely to ashes, then Nat killed another one and Sleipnir burned another one.
Oddish deathcount: 4

Electrike tries to flee in the wrong direction
Tropius doesn't even know what to make of Tori.

I'll have the time to put the image together later today. So, hold up until then.
[Image: DC1Vrcm.png]
Sturm selfheals of poison because why wouldn't he

You've got a pile of unconscious Oddish here, and a few very dead ones. You're pretty sure those top two weren't cooked properly.

That Electrike is running, stick in mouth, down the road from Raphael. It has a look of determination in its eyes, which you would see were it not facing away from you.

The Tropius is still staring Tori down, but shifts his glance towards Bastion as he approaches.

The Turtwig at the south looks up from the grass it's snacking on as Clifton approaches.

The Turtwig to the west is still munching on those flowers god damn
Tori kind of marvels at how well this plan's going. "Alright, kid, pass me one of those berries you were carrying." She veeery carefully pats the Tropius on its nose again. "You like berries, apparently?"
Clifton kneels down and slowly extends his hand to the Turtwig, presenting one serving of S'MORE INGREDIENTS. "How's about some of this, little guy? Way tastier than grass!"
Sturm walks over and just picks up that female Turtwig that doesn't give a fuck about anyone and just spent the whole fight eating flowers. He likes her moxie.
Bastion nods and passes Tori the Rawst berries, all the while looking all ":O O: :O"
Raphael runs after the Electrike, trying to catch up with it.

Seeing this, Gabby's four copies run over and try to surround it! Two copies flank it, while the other two get in front.

(befriending pokemon: how not to do it)
Marc is pretty much done here, so he runs east and makes sure to pokedex everything in sight.
The Tropius accepts your offering of berries and takes another good look at Tori and Bastion.

Friendship check 12
1d20+4 = 13

...Fine. The Tropius has decided you are worthy of its assistance. For now at least. It looks at the basket of berries again. You think you may have a good friend here, y'know, as long as he's fed well.

Tropius has joined as an Ally

Clifton also tries out food tactics on Pokemon.
1d20+3=12
The Turtwig walks slowly up to the s'more ingredients... and snatches it out of Clifton's hand, bolting to the East while munching on it!

The Gabbies try to surround the Electrike!

SPD 11 > SPD 10
1d20 DC9 = 20
i'unno trying to use pokemon stats in a non-specifically combat situation
The Gabbies are just barely able to anticipate its movements but they are in top form, blocking it from getting any further. It prepares to turn around to try and get around perhaps.

Raphael is closing in, and the Electrike has a fire in its eyes, stick still firmly gripped in mouth, as Raphael begins to approach.
:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For a long while, Clifton stares silently at the fleeing Turtwig; then he shrugs and heads over to the pile o' oddish. "Never knew turtles could go that fast. Hm."

Crouching down, he holds his knife above one of the unconscious ones. "You guys think it'd be alright if I took care of these turnips in case we're really desperate for food later, or would that be messed up?"
Raph sees the look in the Electrike's eyes. The Gabbies see the fear in Raph's eyes, and back off a little bit to give the Electrike some room as Raph approaches. As she does, she sticks a Pokeball onto another stick and pokes it in the Electrike's direction.

(befriending pokemon: how REALLY not to do it)
Tori takes three berries off Bastion, and puts them in her pockets. She's going to have to conserve these things, but a look from the Tropius makes her cave and feed it one more.

Tori lets the Turtwig flee without incident, taking out her Pokedex to discover Natalie has learnt Night Shade.

"Jeez, do you lot ever stop learning new ways to kill each other? I mean, you did good out there."

Natalie looks a bit woozy, and Tori manages to pick up on it. "Uh, are you ok? You didn't, like, try eating one of those things, did you? I thought the Dex said they're poisonous."

SpoilerShow
What happened to Sturm?
oh oops

Sturm goes to pick up the Turtwig

STR check 11
1d20+5=20!

Yeah he picks it up, but he's also found the one thing to rattle it. Taking it away from those flowers.

It tries to Tackle Sturm, despite the grip.

1d20=20!
4d8+12+10-2=39

It not only doesn't take much of a struggle to get free, it really hits Sturm good, and breaks free! It goes back to the flower but is now keeping a close eye on the viking, to see if he gets any closer again.
(Sturm is now at 28 HP)

Raphael approaches the Electrike, another stick in hand (sure is a good thing there were so many sticks lyin' on that bridge), with a pokeball on the end of it, hoping perhaps to coerce it to the new one?

It seems to be thinking about whether or not the new one is a better idea.
1d20=6
And decides, yeah, totes. It's got a red thing on it, that's way more appealing.

It latches onto the end of the stick, activating the ball!

Capture chance: 34
1d100=18

The pokeball doesn't even wiggle, because it's attached to a stick. But it does click!

Congrats! Electrike was caught somehow!

SpoilerShow

You should give it a nickname!

Natalie does look somewhat ill. You seem to remember her being hit by some kind of powder at some point, and that might have been when she started looking a little worse off.

Clifton totally could kill another Oddish for, uh, Oddish-steaks or whatever. There are two of them that got killed without being like, harmed in a way that would make them less useful for eating, but them being poison, you would presumably need to know how to cook them right to get rid of the poison.
"Uuuuuh, right."

Tori has a look through her backpack for anything useful (gently nudging away the Tropius if it tries to stick its nose in there), eventually fishing out a Potion, Antidote, and the assorted Powders.

"C'mere, you." She inspects the assorted goods critically, before opting for the Antidote (probably with Bastion's encouragement) and applying it to her murderbird.
"Alright, then, since I guess nobody objects." Clifton sets all the non-burnt Oddishes aside, then begins to carefully remove the leaves from the rest before (if necessary) chopping them in half. He tosses them into his bag for later.
Raphael stares at the stickball. She waves it around a bit.

SpoilerShow

Except slightly less explodey.

"I...didn't think that would work, Gabby..." she murmurs through her little bits of squee. Gabby gives her a pat and stares at the...

What's this? The ball and stick is evolving! de do de do

Congratulations! Raphael's ramshackle ball and stick evolved into a POKESTICKBALL! Because, Apricorn energy and Professor Oak or something. Raph stows the pokestickball in her BAG.

She also names the Electrike 'Stryker'. Because why the hell not.
"Great job, Raphael!" Marc cheers on from afar.

"Oh, that reminds me!" He goes over to Bastion and shows him the Oddish he caught. "I think you were also trying for this Oddish, and I feel bad about catching it before you, so what do you say we share it?"
Bastion thinks about it, but is very unsure. "I don't know... I've never heard of a pokemon with two owners, I don't even know if that's possible... You caught it, so you should probably keep it..."

Bastion then looks towards the turtles. They are so cool. Bastion is so easily distracted.
"Okay, I'll hold on to it, thanks! Let's see... I'll call you..."

Any guesses on what Marc calls Oddish? If you guessed Myrapla, you were unbelievably correct.

"... Myrapla!"
Tori gives the Antidote to Natalie, who immediately just looks much better. Fast acting, apparently.

That last patch of Tall Grass shakes a little. Was there one more Oddish?
Wait. Wait hold on that's not an... oh no.
Professor Oak popped out of the Tall Grass!
"I hear that two of you have seen a few more Pokemon since I last checked!"
The Pokemon Professor takes a look at Clifton's Pokedex and hits a few buttons to make the star appear on the screen.
"Good job! You'll surely see plenty more in no time!" He then eyes Tori. He seems to get over there unnaturally fast. Did he walk over there? You must have missed it. He manages to grab the Pokedex without her noticing. She hears a few beeps, before he says "Good job!" to her, too. But as soon as she turns around, he's gone.

What the fuck is up with that guy?

[Image: Vj7pf.png]

Clifton and Tori have levelled up due to Pokemon Seen!

also Bastion and Marc have a stack of paperwork in front of them, labelled "Joint Pokecustody."

and Clifton has a sack fulla Oddish
The paperwork instills fear into Bastion.
Marc glances around quickly, then puts the paperwork in his backpack for future reading material.

AND IT IS NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN.