Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
Raphael bites her lip. "Guys? Where should we go next, then? Tori, you said something about the way to...uh. Stout Town? Stout City? You said it was blocked?"
Tori thinks back to a couple days ago, then simultaneously rolls her eyes and shoulders in a combined display of "who gives a fuck."

"We don't exactly have any other way to go, but plants sound pretty easy. Even if you and your little ballerina are weak to vegetables as well as ghosts and criticism, Sturm's flaming horse can handle it."

"Oh, my birds, too. Apparently plants don't like feathers? News to me, anyway."

Tori considers the matter settled and gets a move on for the road less travelled.
Raph shoulders her gear and Gabby and begins following, suddenly wondering why she seems so intent on listening to Tori even though only a few days ago she was downright yelled at constantly until she spent most of the time in a state of nervous emotional breakdown.

Obviously she got better and gained a modicum of self-confidence.

(time wibbehs)
"Um, um. Well... I've been looking at this device thingy, and I don't think it's any more different than a TM/HM applier. I think that it should be safe to use it on our pokemon, but I can't be sure. We could go to the mart and buy some TMs to find out, but I don't think either of my pokemon can learn..."

Marc peers at the PokeMart window and finds out they only have Cut and Aerial Ace.

"...Well, those moves. So does anyone want to volunteer?"
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Clifton taps Marc on the shoulder. "Well, uh, I already picked up Cut a while ago. These things are reusable, right? 'cause if that's the case, you can borrow mine while I see if there's any people or Pokemon around that can fix this thing."
Sturm Volhelm has no need for this nerd shit! Onwards to adventure!

SpoilerShow
"Oh yeah I forgot you still had that. I still need a pokemon to try it out, though. What about your Kricketune? Those, um, arm things look pretty sharp."
"Sure thing, so long as you promise to be careful." Clifton gets down on his knees and pets Riff's head. "You be a good girl for Marc, okay? I'm gonna go do stuff." She responds with a soft buzzing noise.

"...Taking that as a yes. Alright, see you guys around." He quickly heads off to ask the locals if they know anyone who can fix his instrument.
Alright. Marc attempts to teach Riff Cut via the HM and also the thingy. "Um. This won't hurt too much, I think."
NO

we are GOING on an ADVENTURE and we are GOING TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN and BECOME POKEMON MASTERS and GO TO VALHALLA

Sturm grabs Clifton and Marc by the scruffs of their necks and carries them over to where Raph and the valkyrie are waiting.
Tori, to nobody's surprise, has little to protest about Sturm's actions.

"Listen, man, your shrieky bludgeon can wait until the city; we've got way better odds of finding someone who can fix it there. And for the love of god, can we not f-aff around with the insidious slime-encrusted machinery until we know it's safe? Would that really be that difficult?"
Bastion suddenly feels way more helpful its weird.
SpoilerShow
It's not too much of a worry upon first attempt at using the weird device, because just pointing the Cut loaded device at Riff does nothing. Mmmmaybe you should just use the Pokedex's TM reader like normal to teach moves, you think.
Riff looks a little nervous upon pointing the device at her anyways.

Clifton, likewise, doesn't get far before finding out that his endeavors are best saved for later. It's a small town, and there's larger cities ahead where maybe somebody would be able to do that better.

right so was there anything else outstanding no okay EVERYBODY IS OFF!

6:01 PM

[Image: 5RKaF1I.png]
dear god this is a large image
You've been travelling for only a bit over an hour before you reach what's close to the halfway point. It's been a pretty good road in general. The road is a bit broken up here, but all the Pokemon seem to be on the other side of the fence anyways, so most people would probably not have an issue with accidentally making them all angry.
Bastion decides that Hrothgar has had a pretty swell time but that it might be a good idea to give someone else some fun, probably Hayes!

Bastion has not actually noticed the pokemon.
"Huh. Sorry, Riff, I was sure that would have worked. Okay, Clif, she's all yours."

Then Marc looks around through the viewscope of the camera and sees an Electrike precariously balancing on a rock in the water. What was it doing there? No matter, Marc calls it dibs.
"Oh, good, they're all green, so they're probably all grass types, right?"
Clif does that thing with the Pokedex's TM thing, then scans one of the turtlebeasts. "Don't be ridiculous, plenty of things are green. Snakes sometimes probably. Certain types of bug. That one weird thing that's like a walking stomach and then it has a feather."
"Still didn't say they're not grass types," grumbles Tori, scanning a turtle and heading further up the road.

"... And what the hell is that?"
Other people's commotion making makes Bastion notice the various mons, he eyes the turtle over the fence and dex scans it.

(01-08-2014, 05:09 AM)Schazer Wrote: »"... And what the hell is that?"
Oh wow... that thing looks dangerous...
Sturm makes a beeline for the dragon, but there's a small tree in the way! He tries to push it aside, but it's impossible! Who would do this???

(he also scans an electrike because sturm needs to stop lagging behind the party in levels)
"Step aside, beefcake. I've got this." Clifton waits for the HM to install and stuff, then taps Riff on the head and points at the southerly tree.

"CHOP IT DOWN, GIRL!"
Raphael scans everything, and notices the green thingy on the rock. She runs past the others and stands at the foot of the bridge. "Oh no! Should...should we try and save it?"
"It looks like someone took a perfectly good dinosaur and a perfectly good... tree? I guess it's a tree. And mashed the two together."

Tori heads further east, as close as she can to the thing without leaping the fence, and bits Natalie hop up and perch atop.

"If it's a grass type, Natalie can take it on no sweat. Probably before the big lug even wakes up properly."

She whistles at it, to get its attention.
Everybody does their things. Riff cuts down a tree, Bastion looks at a turtle, and then unfortunately, a few people tread through what appears to be tall grass. The, uh, the tall grass doesn't appreciate this that much. In fact, it seems like almost all of the "Tall Grass" on the road were Pokemon! A few of them pop out of the ground, clearly annoyed, and the others pop out ready to back up.

Uh, that's, uh, two four six... twelve of 'em. Yeah oops.

Arright so here's how this is gonna go down.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details...rot-region

Okay so this is where combat goes on. Ideally we have at least a few people here at once, being able to talk about what to do is nice, but not necessary. Whose turn it is should be displayed on the left of the screen in the Turn Order page, with the current turn highlighted. If I'm not there, you can still say what you want and when I get there I'll resolve your turn. If I am there but you won't be there when your turn is there, you can tell me what you'll want to do on your turn and I'll mark it down for you.

Original plan was to try and be all together at once but, while that'd be rad, I don't think it's strictly necessary. Here's the original post.
SpoilerShow
Sundays are best for me, but Saturdays work too if we do it in the late morning or early afternoon.