Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG - ROLECALL
ROUTE 308
3:12 PM

So hold on, how did everybody end up deciding to go together again? Man, it feels like you've been travelling for like a year. Urgh, perhaps everybody not having time apart to cool off made it feel longer. Or... or maybe something's off with your senses. You all feel a little weird, but the feeling soon passes. Maybe you feel a little stronger than before though.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
[Image: zgNQVWU.png]
(errybody gets a free level up)

Continuing on, you come across a familiar patch of the road.
[Image: MBFSiEJ.png]
Looks like there's a few Rangers around now. Ah, hey, that's the Muk you all defeated. Uh, still not doing well, apparently. The Rangers and their Pokemon seem to be investigating it.

RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
"Hello!!!!!!!!!!!"
Bastion runs up gleefully to the pokemon ranger on the road, "Hello!!!! You guys look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Are you pokemon rangers??? I HAVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT POKEMON RANGERS YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST."
Tori takes up the slightly-more cautious rear, figuring she's not going to pre-emptively deny anything. Despite the vague sense that she should be more annoyed at half these asshats than she is, the uneasiness is tempered by something else. A talent awakening, perhaps.

(Another round of +1 to CON stat, which gives her the requirements to become an Ace Trainer! (+1 STR, +1 CON, -2 WIS; Gains Static Skills Enhanced Training and Improved Attacks))
Marc agrees with Bastion, and also joyously examines them.

"I have read SO much about you! I think what you do is really cool! And your pokemon are very cool too! Actually could y'all come together, I want to take a picture of you."

Depending on if they comply, Marc uses Snapshot on them.

(+1 to INT, new feat! Pester Ball A)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Cognitive dissonance sweeps over Raphael. She wanders towards the Pokemon Rangers and looks over at what they're doing. She spares a glance for the Muk they're probably FRIENDSHIPPING with spinning dreidels or something.

She also pulls out a single P and performs some coin tricks she was sure she didn't have the dexterity for before.

SpoilerShow
The Ranger on the road is a bit surprised by Bastion running up so quickly and excitedly, but quickly regains his composure.

"H-hey! Slow down a bit there, kid. Don't get too excited now."
He clears his throat.
"Yep, we're the local Pokemon Rangers! We heard about a disturbance in this area, so we're checking it out and solving any problems that may have come up."
He then turns to the also excited Marc, "Oh! Yeah, we all work hard here, especially our Pokemon. Yeah, I think everybody would be cool with that. Beem, come over here with me."
The Ranger heads over to where the others are around the Muk, the Pokemon near him following.

SpoilerShow

The Electabuzz is working at the electric device lodged in the Muk, trying to get it out, while another one of the Rangers is keeping an eye, presumably making sure they don't hurt it too much. The Nidorina and another Ranger are inspecting the sludge, which has heavily receded since you were here last. And another Ranger is just watching over the whole operation. With a little bit of direction of the first Ranger, everybody looks towards Marc for him to get a picture of everybody.
Snapshot: 1d20+3=17
Value (1d20+3)*20=420P
It's a really good picture, showing the Rangers doing their job, working with Pokemon to solve problems, and enjoying it. Somebody would probably buy it for a Rangers promotion of sorts.
Tori isn't sure how to feel about a region with partway-competent law enforcement, but takes the opportunity to scan the Muk in her Pokedex. From a safe distance, because you know, smell. Know your enemy and all that.

"So they don't all spit electricity like that? Because. Uh. We found the damn thing with the metal gadget wedged in there."
Clifton heads over to the Ranger with the Nidorina, glancing at the sludge. "There was a lot more of that shit when we got here. Tide going out, or was that also the gizmo?"

SpoilerShow
Raph quickly pulls out her Pokedex and scans Beem and the Nidorina. 'Kirlia...' Gabby seems a little distressed at the sight of the hurt Muk.

"Shh, shh, Gabby. Oof!" She attempts to lift the Kirlia up on her pack, but Gabby's just a bit too big. Shifting carefully, she props him up on her shoulders instead.

Raph turns to the head Ranger. "Will the Muk be all right? What is that thing anyway?"

edit: oh i already have electabuzz
The Ranger close to the Muk responds to Tori, "I guess we have you guys to thank for knocking it out in the first place. Makes our job easier than if it were thrashing around, I suppose. But no. We thought it was due to it being so clearly hacked together, and it was just spewing electricity because of that, buuuut..."
On cue, the Electabuzz is knocked onto its ass as it finally manages to get free the strange device. Dusting itself off, it hands it over to the rubber glove wearing Ranger. The ranger pushes a button on it and a disc pops out. It looks like a TM? The word "Shockwave" is written on it.
"Not the most elegant way to teach new things to your Pokemon. I have never seen the bigger part of the device though. Judging by the big Silph branding on the side, we assume it's something new from the Silph Co Factory in Bitter City, but what appears to be a rush job in attaching the TM Reader implies that somebody else also had something to do with this here. We think that the Silph device is the primary reason it fried all the balls we tried throwing at it."

The Ranger closest to the sludge responds to Clifton, "Not the device. Sort of the device. Probably severely agitated the Pokemon. Relatedly, worried its family. Their increased activity increased the amount of sludge in the area. They're calmer now and have receded further into the woods, sludge recedes as well. Still smells awful."

The Ranger watching over it all pulled out an Ultra Ball and threw it at the fainted Muk.
"Alright, we've gotta get this guy over to a Center before releasing it back here again. We should probably take the device over to Bitter City to have somebody at the factory take a look at it, but..."
She looks at the group of Rangers, and then over to you guys.
"You five! What direction are you travelling?"
"Ale Town, then buggered if I know. On to the next place with a Gym, I guess? Can't you get some of those weirdoes back in Spirit town to teleport things where you need them?"
Quick, Pokedex every one of the pokemon!

"Shh. Tori, shh. Yeah, we'd love to take this off your hands."

Marc eagerly moves towards the device.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Bastion speaks LOUDEREST, "WE CAN DO IT!"
"If you're taking on the Gym challenge, you're definitely headed in the right direction, but, well I don't think they can do that but sure, somebody els-"
She's then interrupted by two voices to the contrary.
"Ah, okay then!"
The Ranger with the device hands it to Marc, "Shouldn't be too troublesome now that the TM is out of there. Speaking of which."
He hands the Shockwave TM to Bastion, "As a thanks for helping with this."
"Check in with the Ranger Station when you get to Bitter, and I'm sure they'll be able to arrange a bit of payment for all of you for helping out."
One of the other Rangers looks down the road a bit, "Okay, we should move on, see if there's anything else going on down here. Thank you guys again for the assistance."

The Rangers and their Pokemon set off down the road, the Gurdurr taking the entirety of a felled tree with it. Well then.

[Image: 8AccUFw.png]
SpoilerShow
(01-06-2014, 05:59 PM)MrGuy Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Clifton shrugs. "Okay then, I guess that's that. You guys ready to... uh..."

He scans the surrounding area, then cups his hand around his chin. "...What happened to the guy with the pony?"
Time wibbles a little bit.

"Sturm? He's probably clearcutting his way through whatever route you originally said we should take. That, or his pirate crew showed up and he's having a lovely old reunion with them over this region's truckton of alcohol.

Either way, he's probably fine. I'm sick of this spooky-ass forest and its sludge monsters."
HUH WHAT AGH Sturm crashes into his Ponyta and stumbles clean through a dead tree, reducing it to splinters and rejoining the party. Sturm is fine. Everything is fine, and Sturm is here now. Yes. Hrmph!
THOSE DAMN TIME WIBBLES
STURM PUNCHED THOSE WIBBLES UNTIL TIME WAS FLAT AGAIN
Excellent.

Tori refrains from grumbling too much, because hey rewards and hey apparently going in the right direction for more rewards. She's starting to think being a Pokemon Trainer might actually be a way to earn a socially acceptable living?

"Put that disc right out of the way, Bastion. I do not want to have to explain to your mother why you start spitting electricity because you got a disc jammed in you. Somehow." Tori frowns at anyone who is looking to correct her about TM usage. "Shut up. Let's haul a-ourselves back to Ale Town."
Bastion nods and stuffs the TM in his bag and then happily walks along next to Tori.
Clif and Riff trail a bit behind the rest of the party, mainly because Clifton is taking the opportunity to make sure clean and tune his saxophone. "Hey, anybody want, like, a traveling song or something like that? I do requests."
Clifton plays a generic tune for the road.
1d20+3-6=9

It's, um. The battered and beaten saxophone sounds slightly better than you would expect an instrument used as a bludgeon would sound?

The trip drags on a bit

ALE TOWN
4:58 PM

It, luckily, doesn't take nearly as long as you thought, as Clifton kind of ran out of mojo fairly early on during the walk. For he could, in fact, tell it wasn't sounding quite like it used to.

[Image: eLqlP.png]

Ale Town! You've been here before. You can expect the Ranger Station to be lightly staffed at the moment, but other than that, not much has changed. The Pokemart list, for those who may need a reminder.

Poke Ball - 150P
Great Ball - 250P
Potion - 200P
Antidote - 200P
Awakening - 200P
Paralyze Heal - 200P
Repel - 200P
HMA1 Cut - 750P
TM40 Aerial Ace - 2800P

Do whatever you need to if you feel like you need to do something here.