SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21
RE: SCP-MAFIA - DAY 4 - Full House! 10/21
Pardner Palamander's dead, Pardner Dini. I dun thank yer gonna getta peep outta 'im any-time soon...

*cough*
oh right

HE WAS A THIRD PARTY WHOOP DEE DOO

can we lynch Fogel even harder?
I like Fogel. I liked Fogel yesterday. Sure, Dini, I am fine with lynching Fogel today.
God, I lost my SCP AND my snackbox. Apparently your mother jokes aren't the end all be all of arguments. What a terrible two days.

I guess the SCP kidnapper's town, though, assuming he kidnapped Walrus's.

who's the manager of the coffee machine?
...so when do ta udder 'alf-da playerlist check in? We ain't 'erd a peep outta Pardners Skarza, Fogels, Q, Dee-Dee or Waxy azza yet...
I'll get actions and votals happening in a bit. I was gonna yesterday but felt like crap
Hey guys. Ask manager for details. If no details are given, throw chip at manager.

I like Dini's evidence. As always, wanna see votals before putting down a vote just to be safe. Kidnapper is definitely not mafia, but third party could be a possibility.

In Memoriam: Whoosh
He gave his life to his SCP. Literally.
I doff my hat for whoosh.
or I would, if I had one.
Point numma one: I gotta join y'all in payin' ma respecks ta Pardner Woo-Hoo, R.I.P, last too soon. If Pardner Supah 'adn' stole ta 'ole hat-doffin' idea idda stol'n ta late Pardner Powah's 'n done ta same. Sad ta see ya go ma'am. Point numma two: Pardner Q, why in creation be ya so darned obsess-inly caw-shush over ya votals, 'pesh'ly when all o'da day be on tis 'ere page? (fer ta re-kurd, it be like so:)

These here be ta moes useless votals e'er made

Pardner Fogels - 3 - (Pardner Dini, Pardner Key-I-A-cutie, Parder Big Man)

Abstainin' - 7 - (Pardner Skarza, Pardner My-oo, Pardner Fogels, Pardner Q, Pardner Dee-Dee, Pardner Supah, Pardner Waxy)

Wid 10 souls alive, it be needin' 6 o' ya buggers ta lynch, 'n 4 ta soft-lynch. Deadline be in sumthang like 55 hours? I dunno fer shore.

Thar. 'appy?

Point numma three: anybody wanna 'splain ta me why Pardner Q be loopy wid regards ta-ta key'd-nabber bein' indy-pen-dent? Hint: it involv'sh thankin'.
Okay, so I've been feeling disengaged again.

First off, with regards to my TV: I've only seen one visitor. On Night 2, whoosh gave me a cat picture; I was forced to give it to someone last night instead of doing anything else. I gave it to Purple Walrus so he'd be blocked tonight, but I guess that wasn't necessary now.

Next, me.

I'm still not in much of a mood to go back and talk about everything that's been said about me, but I can't help but notice that Kieros voted piester yesterday for essentially the same reasons that I did - that there wasn't another option that looked possible. He also wasn't especially eager for that lynch during the day.

However, I'm not here to come down on Kieros - I would have done the same in his position, after all, and I don't have a particular suspicion on him right now. No, what I find myself wondering is why Mirdini doesn't say anything about Kieros joining that vote.

Mirdini, does Kieros going for the lynch at the end of the day make you suspicious of him at all? If not, why does that apply to him and not me?
because you were hopping from person to person to person without actually indicating a willingness to lynch before deciding to vote piester for a lynch to happen, unlike Kieros who was voting you with intention to lynch up until it was obvious your lynch wasn't happening

And now you're taking my weakest point against you and using it to deflect onto Kieros, again without even the pretense of trying to find scum.
I am not deflecting onto Kieros. I said I wasn't going after him, and I think it's not much of a stretch to ask you to believe that I had no realistic expectation that your answer would be something along the lines of "you're right, Kieros is totally suspicious, let's lynch him instead".

My question was to you, not to Kieros, and you have now answered that question.

You even admit this is your weakest point - and that, in itself, is why I'm going after it. Not in hopes of collapsing your entire case, but because it bothers me on the basis that it is weak reasoning. The fact that Kieros voted the same way for roughly the same reasons is why it struck me, personally, as weak. You've admitted it's weak and explained the differences between our cases as you see them, so I've got no further complaints on this specific point.

I'm also a little upset by the implied claim that going after weak reasoning is somehow incompatible with trying to find scum. In general, my hope is that going after the weak reasoning will either lead to stronger reasoning in the same direction, or that scum will slip up as their false arguments fall apart. Even in games where I'm scum and trying to divert attention away from myself or my teammates, I'm only going to go after arguments if they're actually bad arguments from my perspective.

I will address the other points against me once I can bring myself to refresh my memory on them. I just haven't had much eagerness to scour the thread, even when I started getting worked up enough to take an actual look at people.

Which, by the way, is essentially why I was hopping around. I hadn't been paying much attention to the game before that, and couldn't get myself to look back through the thread. So I worked with what I had and tried to get something to go on. If I hadn't been settling for piester because no one else was voting, I would have gone for Palamedes, on a mix of "still don't feel he's giving enough reasons" and just plain gut instinct; admittedly, I could have been clearer on that.

I suppose what's gotten me moving is mostly the hope of doing something in-thread before I get lynched, really - I don't particularly expect to be able to stop it, so at the very least I'm going to call out weak reasoning as I see it before I go. As I said, the game as a whole hasn't been what I was hoping for, but replacements are scarce and I'm mostly just bored, so I may as well try to tough it out.
SURPRISE I LIED!
i fell asleep accidentally before doing those votal things

Bigro types "Irresistable Coffee" into the machine.
A cup pops into the recieving tray, and as son as coffee starts pouring out of the machine, he goes into a frenzy! He tries with all of his might to open the sliding door while it's still pouring, slamming his face against it in an attempt to get some of that sweet, sweet, java, but it completely fails until the coffee finishes pouring. At which point he grabs it immediately and practically chugs it.
The coffee wasn't actually all that great. It was, however, very hot and scarring.
Bigro is limited to vowels until that heals.

After having the coffee, he pushes the button on the snackbox. Myw feels a little bit weaker in the process.
Out comes a chocolate cookie with candy coated chocolate in it. Bigro eats it immediately to follow up his drink. Delicious.

SupahKiven types 'Red Wine' into the machine.
The cup is dispensed, and a red liquid pours into the cup, before the door is able to be opened. Kiven retrieves it, and gives it a sniff. It is indeed red wine.
SupahKiven has a paper cup full of red wine. Classy.

A couple of people call for the manager.
But he is nowhere to be found.

Here have some proper mod approved votals.
Dragon Fogel - 3 (Mirdini, Kieros, Bigro)
With 10 Alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch.
Deadline is probably 8:00 PM PST on Friday Night but I'unno maybe my lack of update is a good reason to extend it a day?
So by ma count y'all gotta band togedder e'erbody ooze piped up so far ta-day, bar Pardner Fogels, in udder ta lynch Pardner Fogels. Yer may't wanna reckun wedder-o-not that be feesy-bull, 'n if nawt, than y'all gotta 'ope ta udders get more pro-ack-tief...

Also, duz anybody wanna help a pardner out? See, I be dyin' fer a cuppa still, after all teas' time, so if yer'cud aisk ta ma-sheen on ma be-airff fer a cuppa Ceylon, strong, wid milk, 'n pour it inna-round me base, den I'd be mighty grateful. 'feckt, I might be very grateful indeed...
Request a cup of Ceylon Tea (strong) with milk from the machine.

(07-18-2013, 12:43 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I think it's not much of a stretch to ask you to believe that I had no realistic expectation that your answer would be something along the lines of "you're right, Kieros is totally suspicious, let's lynch him instead".

I'm pretty sure I'm not the person you're trying to convince of your innocence here?

I mean your points are fair enough (though as you yourself mentioned you haven't really addressed the more grievous charges I've laid against you, which are themselves why me having a 'weakest point' doesn't mean my vote on you/wanting to lynch you is a weak case) and while I appreciate you sticking with the game I'm reasonably certain you're scum and no-one else is really sticking out to me as a person I'd like to see swinging from the gibbet.

Sadly it also seems to be the case that we're by far the two most loquacious living individuals in this game (barrin' ahcourse Pardner Sruixan), both trying to bring a gallery of rogues and lurkers out of hiding (rogues and lurkers, get out of hiding)

I will end with a poem/shanty by the estimable MalkyTop

Quote:LURKERS!
Scourge of the seven seas!
LURKERS!
Sour as a sweaty breeze!

Lurkers are a cowardly sort
Can cause a lynch to be one vote short
Refuse to answer in any court
But still they're part of our support
Or so they would purport!

LURKERS!

So ethereal and so negligent
What they say is never relevant
Only ever a detriment
The very definition of excrement
Still, they are quite prevalent
But I'll never be a lurker!
undefined
Damn it, not again.
(07-18-2013, 04:32 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »undefined

IT'S SPREADING
...hm. Idea.

I'd like to request a cup of rocket fuel.
Mirdini Wrote: »IT'S SPREADING

IT'S EATING ME, HELP.
great, bigro is killing me with my own soul sucking snackbox.

Order: Suprise Me Option
Death of a thousand snacks
So, we doing anything in the next hour? Hello?
Sorry, been busy past coupla days.

Day will be extended 24 hours from now.
Votals are still the same since last time and nobody's up for lynch yet.

Now how about those actions I didn't do?
Mirdini types in Ceylon Tea (strong) With Milk
and gets precisely that within a few seconds. Mmmm. Smells good.

LegendaryQ types "Rocket Fuel" into the machine.
The door closes, the cup dispenses, and as it pours, a strong kerosene smell wafts from the machine. Eventually, the door opens, allowing LegendaryQ to take the cup.
LegendaryQ recieves a cup of RP-1.

mwy simply types in "Surprise Me"
The door closes, a cup dispenses, and you hear the sound of something pouring, but no liquid appears to come out. It stops pouring momentarily, and then starts again, with coffee visibly pouring into the cup. Taking it out, it looks full, but feels half empty.
mwy recieves a Half-Cup of Coffee.