Last Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Day
Re: Last Day (Returned From Hiatus: 3/18)
Originally posted on MSPA by spiritualAfr0.

>Send an email to Lempi explaining your dire situation.
Re: Last Day
Originally posted on MSPA by Stickmeister.

SpoilerShow

trulyElse Wrote:> Benson: Find out what's taking Ted so long.
[Image: 635.png]

When Ted needs to complete a task, he either skips right ahead to the most evident solution, or loses track of what he's doing and does something else. It was probably the second one considering he's taking this long.

[Image: 636.png]

You decide to look out the window outside your cubicle.

[Image: 637.png]

...that's odd. Snow isn't much of a surprise in northeast Ohio, but it wasn't even remotely snowing 15 minutes ago. Now it's something close to a blizzard. There's even a few inches.

But it's always like this. Nothing special.

GastricTank Wrote:>Contact one of your co-workers via your instant messaging software so they can (hopefully) rescue you.
[Image: 638.png]

You are now the Finnish-American.

As much as you would like to talk to Lempi, that will have to wait. You don't have much battery life and need to contact someone for help! You quickly begin typing on your keyboard in attempts to call someone for rescue. You think you'll call your cubicle neighbor, who collects a variety of strange Troll dolls and various knick knacks. He's a weird guy. But you'll know he'll be at his computer, unlike some other folks.

[Image: 639.png]

CHAT LOG:
SpoilerShow

[Image: 640.png]

Uuugh! That was absolutely no help. This whole office is turning crazy and you are the only sane lady left. And now you're stuck in a dark elevator with nobody to help.

It's times like these you wish Lempi wasn't living in an entirely different country...

[Image: 641.png]

[Image: 642.png]

[Image: 643.png]

TED! GOD DAMMIT!

[Image: 644.png]

YOU'RE S-SUCH A...F-FUCKING...

[Image: 645.png]

COWARD!
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by trulyElse.

> Ted: Where're you running, now?
Originally posted on MSPA by Redux.

> Ted: You coward, face that woman like a man. A man that is way too busy to indulge himself in romance-related subplots.
Originally posted on MSPA by SNeakyRobot.

> Chase after him with cubicle hopping parkour.
Originally posted on MSPA by General Disorder.

TRANSLORMOGRIFICATED CHAT LOG:
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by spiritualAfr0.

>Ted: Sneak up behind Jennifer and tickle monster her.
Originally posted on MSPA by Yamtaggler.

>Jennifer: You're not going to catch him, He's got those freakishly long legs. Your best bet now is to try and figure out where he's going. See if any of those ridiculous sticky notes fell off of his head.

SpoilerShow

Yamtaggler Wrote:>Jennifer: You're not going to catch him, He's got those freakishly long legs. Your best bet now is to try and figure out where he's going. See if any of those ridiculous sticky notes fell off of his head.
[Image: 646.png]

Oh, no. No, you're not even going to try to catch him, let alone see where he's going. You're sick of chasing him. You don't hear a word from him in over 2 years, and when you finally meet up with him again, he lies about his identity straight to your face. And then he continues to avoid you by running away. Let's repeat that: by running away.

Not that you're not happy to see him, you're absolutely delighted to, and you would be bawling, perhaps sobbing with joy over such an absolutely coincidental meet up if you weren't just so frustrated with how he's acting right now. He's avoiding you! After all this time, he's avoiding you. Through deceit and childish tactics. If he wants to avoid you, he's going to tell you that, and that's not going to happen by chasing him around.

This isn't some happy, bubbly reunion. That's not going to happen when he lied to you. Let him figure it out.

You decide you need to get back to work when you hear a slight noise behind you.

[Image: 647.png]

"Excuse me. Your name is...Jennifer?"

"Yeah. You're the BOSS' personal assistant, right? Judith? I don't think we met."

"Yes, well...I have a message for you."

"A message from the BOSS?"

[Image: 648.png]

"No. This is not a message from the BOSS. This is a message directly from me...You're in danger."

[Image: 649.png]

"Look...I can't reveal much, but you need to get out of here. Right now. Either that, or hide. I assure you that you will be safe if you hide...I can control that. I am the BOSS' eyes and ears. I can tell him things he won't know whether or not are true as long as you hide. Things are going to get bad soon. Very soon. I...shouldn't even be telling you this.

I've already made arrangements with other employees. They're safe too. They didn't, uh, entirely have a say in the matter, but I know they're safe. And the worst part is that it's snowing. Hard. Nobody can leave. We're stuck here."

[Image: 650.png]

"Wh...why are you telling me all this?"

"Because...the most I can tell you is that you're a special piece in this plan, and he's looking for you. But he sent me to find you...and I can tell him something else. All you need to do is hide somewhere closed off. Anywhere. A closet, the stairwell, anywhere. And I will handle the rest."
Originally posted on MSPA by Mibbs.

fuck that follow ted
Originally posted on MSPA by negativeProximity.

Wait, but that means Ted's in danger too! Much as you're annoyed at him right now, that doesn't mean you want him to die, or worse, be LAID OFF.

Jennifer: Be gullible.
Originally posted on MSPA by Grutor.

>ManFreddie: Sitting around will do no good, ask the janitor if his keys are on him. If not, both you try to bash the door.
Originally posted on MSPA by Saint Game.

>go find a safe place
>wait, it may be a trick and she's trying to trap you.
>wait, it may not be a trick and she's honestly trying to help, and to stay in the open is suicide.
>third option, find another employee and buddy up.
Originally posted on MSPA by Yamtaggler.

>Ask for extraordinary proof of her extraordinary claims.
Originally posted on MSPA by harmoniousExtremes.

+1

Just... just...

+1

SpoilerShow

Mibbs Wrote:fuck that follow ted
Saint Game Wrote:>go find a safe place
>wait, it may be a trick and she's trying to trap you.
>wait, it may not be a trick and she's honestly trying to help, and to stay in the open is suicide.
>third option, find another employee and buddy up.
[Image: 651.png]

You have no idea what to do.

There's a certain tone of sincerity to her voice, as well as worry, as if she was trying to tell you more but cannot. You don't know what could possibly result in the offices being in danger, and it seems that she's not willing to reveal that. But she does seem like she genuinely wants to help you.

Something in your gut tells you she's being serious.

And something, deep down, tells you...

[Image: 652.png]

...It tells you that this would just be another long line of failures, and you can't do it. You can't do what she says. You can't risk another failure.

You can't risk anything any more.

[Image: 653.png]

"No...no, I can't do that." The last words of your sentence sputter out, "I'm sorry."

[Image: 654.png]

[Image: 655.png]

"...As you wish."

[Image: 656.png]

[Image: 657.png]

"You're a dumbass."

[Image: 658.png]

"Hey hey, whoa!" you tell Benson, "Where's that coming from?"

"No, seriously, this is the dumbest thing you've ever done. Alright? Running away from the love of your life. You stupid. Mother. Fucker. This is like, the fucking top of Santa's wishlist. Of dumb shit you've done. It's on the top."

"That makes no sense."

"I don't care. Why are you running away?"

"I haven't talked to her in 3 years and it's damn near impossible to explain why I left and where I've been without driving her away forever.

No. What? No. It's not even that b--no, here, I'll tell you what: I'm going to tell you a story."

[Image: 659.png]

"A few years ago, I entered a Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament."

"We're off to a good start."

"Don't interrupt me, I don't care if you don't understand fighting games, I'm giving you a life lesson. So I enter this tournament, and I'm nervous as fuck. There was going to be so many people who are way fucking better than me, and I knew I wasn't going to win. I almost didn't enter because I was afraid of becoming a complete embarrassment in front of, like, three hundred of my friends, because I would lose so hard."

"And you lost?"

[Image: 660.png]

"You're god damn right I lost. But here's the thing: I entered the tournament. I got over the fear of entering the tournament and faced whatever could possibly happen when I entered. And it turned out nothing happened. I had a good time. The guy I lost too gave me some tips on Magneto. It was fun as hell."

[Image: 661.png]

"What does this possibly have to do with accidentally meeting up with a girl I was in love with whom I haven't talked to or explained anything to in three years?"

"It has everything to do with it, dumbass! Look at you, you're running away. How fucking stupid is that? You're afraid of pursuing that of which you love because of stupid reasons that don't even exist. You don't want to face the possible consequences, that of which aren't even likely, because you think something terrible is going to happen, like she's just going to fucking get up and leave you. No, I'll tell you what she thinks, she probably thinks you've been purposefully avoiding her by running away, which only makes it likely that she'll just fucking get up and leave you. You still love her right?"

"Well, ye--"

"Yeah! And you can at least explain to her what happened, rather than leaving her completely in the blank and hating you forever, right?

"I gue--"

"Right! So quit being such a dumbass and talk to her, dumbass!"

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Mibbs.

He's right Ted. Go to her.
Originally posted on MSPA by Eversor.

He's wrong Ted. Don't go to her.

(hehe I always wanted to do that)
Originally posted on MSPA by harmoniousExtremes.

Remove the bandage from your head first. Maybe do something about the blood in your hair. THEN go to her.
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

>Ted: Make a Mental Note of this, but get mixed up and just end up writing "MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2" on it instead of, you know, the more important thing.
Originally posted on MSPA by SNeakyRobot.

> Quick! Write an apology poem!
Originally posted on MSPA by trulyElse.

That "you can't risk anything anyomre" begs for investigation...

On another note:

> Judith: Only one name left on the list (Barring Tomkins); save them.
Originally posted on MSPA by Redux.

> Ted: Clearly there is only one course of action! Write her a formal apology and get someone else to deliver it to her!
Originally posted on MSPA by Saint Game.

> Ted: quit being such a dumbass and talk to her, dumbass!
Originally posted on MSPA by negativeProximity.

Ted: Stalk her until she needs saving, then swoop in and be a hero! Then she CAN'T hate you for disappearing for 3 years!