The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Signups closed!]
Originally posted on MSPA by yousodumb.

(wonders to self when the game will begin)
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Archduke has to create his character first.

( [img]images/smilies/mspa_face.gif[/img] I feel dumb)
Originally posted on MSPA by Archduke_Ferdinand.

Username: Archduke_Ferdinand
Name: The Sunset
Race: Balancer, bound to mechanical construct.
Colour: Something a little little like this. #5D3954 Dark Byzantium ftw.
Weapon: It's signature tool is The Nightmare, a high powered coilgun approximating a sniper rifle irreparably fused to The Sunset's left arm. It is fueled by The Sunset's own energy and has a high cooldown rate. Also possesses a submachine gun with ammo factory.
Abilities: The Sunset has an internal power source that allows it to repair its own armor to a degree and allow for easy binding to other machines. It is a Balancer, an old member of the race, who has been perpetuated by machine. In the multiverse The Sunset hails from, Balancers are effectively the tools of life and death, each fulfilling a various function. He was chosen because his powers have lessened, but still make him a formidable foe. Placing a being who filled a necessary slot in the working of a universe amongst other beings seemed an interesting choice.
Description: A junked up, utilitarian suit of power armor with no actual living creature inhabiting it. Two gaping eyeholes fill the head, and coils and wires of various hue and fashion link together plate and steel. Through the suit's hydraulics pump a sickly purple-rust fluid, glowing and bursting with electrical fury. The suit itself looks like a junkyard mech, worn down from years of brawling, but those coils burst and pulse with something very much alive. A few smooth, perfectly kept guns adorn the arms, showing what the being had managed to keep in good condition over the years. The center of the beast was a gleaming, shining core, alight with buttons and switches that seem very out of place given the rest of the armor's state. A constant whirring of purple bursts from the device, as a gauge monitors the levels of something only the being is sure of. Occasionally a ghastly vent bursts blackish-mauve smoke, and a small meter on the centerpiece moves invisibly farther down a limited line. Beat up and battered was this entity, but something about it suggested that more held together the rust colored plates of metal than one would imagine.
Biography: The Sunset fulfilled a role that was fairly unique in its world. Never before had the position been necessary, but slowly beings were beginning to accumulate power, enough that they were almost threatening to rise to the level of Balancers and other entities of great strength themselves. Such an occasion would result in a terrible overthrowing of order, and so a Balancer was wrought to deal with such things before they became out of hand. Fluid, strong, and almost terribly competent, The Sunset carried out its duty for several centuries before its inner light began to flicker and the time came for its replacement in the 'Parliament', the reigning group of Balancers. It was cast out on his own, and was very unprepared for the event. But it was true that every day its own body was decaying, as its illustrious career had given its form untold amounts of stress. It was deeply and sickly aware that it needed a way to repair itself, and quickly. Over the course of a few years, through mercenary work and pension checks, it managed to accumulate the funding to purchase a device that would, paired with a suit of armor, allow it to be bound to the suit and perpetuate itself. The price of a few more centuries was never again flowing freely, but in the end, The Sunset thought that a slow death, even one that required it to be 'motionless', was better than going out in the blink of an eye.

(^ _ ^ game begin now?)

I'm writing the first post right now.
Originally posted on MSPA by snoomanwaff.

((I just hope I'm ready. That and cyber will be ok with me being offline for a few hours soon, I need sleep.))
Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

I like this mix of characters. The potential interactions are quite exciting. I was worried that Samuel would be too strong compared to the others, but it seems that won't be the case. [img]images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif[/img] I am a little disappointed there aren't any expressly female characters though. (Of course if I tried to write for a woman, it would really hinder me.) All in all it seems like there are some really talented writers here though, this is going to be a good fight.

I also look forward to this battle most epic. I hope that we all will be able to Interact respectfully with each other. My character won't attack first and would rather be peaceable, however he will defend himself most violently.

yes [img]images/smilies/icon_blueghost.gif[/img]
Originally posted on MSPA by snoomanwaff.

Show Content
Originally posted on MSPA by Alice.

Gah!!!! Is there any way I can still join? I've had classes at uni out the wazoo today [img]images/smilies/icon_sad.gif[/img]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Draykon Wrote:I blame Dragon Fogel for ending his post at a point that really should be followed with a post of his own. >_>
I can't argue with this. But I had to go for that strong ending line.

We've had a shift in perspective, though, so now I can continue.

Edit: Or rather, that's what I would have done if you guys hadn't managed to move it along without me. Guess I should have checked the topic first.

The Observer had finished his gathering. Suddenly, a white void was called into existence. Eight figured from very different worlds; very different universes. They found themselves floating in this void, unable to really move anywhere.
A voice came from all around.

"Attention combatants! You have been entered into a tournament! A fight to the death! I must admit, this isn't the most original idea, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up! Here's how it's going to go! There's going to be a number of rounds! Every round one of you will die, and I'll give you a new change in scenery. Sound good? Any objections? Too bad! You get no choice! If you win, you might be allowed to go back home if you want, but honestly, I just figured this would be amusing! Now to introduce you all to one another!"

The white void turned to darkness. And a ball appeared. A ball made of glass and... it was very clearly a disco ball. Flashing lights appeared and shone through the apparent nothingness and a spotlight went on the first combatant."
"Contestant number one was a hotshot space pilot armed with a knife and a couple of guns. He's been brought here today to see if his skills are still as good as before the accident! What accident? Find out on your own! This is Galus Lee Matthews!"

The spotlight moved over to the Karmist.
"Here we've got Samuel Therion! He has the power to control the flow of Karma, which may not mean much to a lot of you, but I assure you, will become very apparent as the game moves on. He's here because, hey, this power sounded cool!"

Next up was another human male.
"Welcome to the game, Maxwell Deakin! Honestly, everybody else here? Kinda nuts. You're the straight man of the group in a room full of crazies. Good luck with that!"

The spotlight shone around looking for the professor, and eventually settled on his location.
"Armidillo Reccxer, you've got that fancy cane there, dont ya? We brought him in simply for that reason! It's got a lot of power which I'm sure you'll all see fairly quickly."

Now the focus was on an actual non-human. In fact it was focused on a pile of boxes.
"You might be surprised to learn that this is our next player. It's called Gestalt, and it's known as a Schrotgolem. I'm sure there will be plenty of surprises from it."

The man in the mask was in the spotlight now.
"Cabaret, welcome! Cabaret can't use weapons for crap! He can use pretty much anything else as a weapon! I don't know why, but that's why he's here today!"

Now a starry form was the center of attention.
"This is Vyrm'n. It's from a very peculiar race called the Faceless. I'd watch out for it if I were you. It's kind of crazy."

Finally, the spotlight rested on the balancer.
"Last, but certainly not least, we have The Sunset! He's that suit of armor, and not just inside of it, so you might have to get creative here."

It went dark again, and a few seconds later the room became the white void once more.

"Well, now you know the contestants."
The Observer's voice took a darker tone.
"Don't disappoint us."

His voice stopped, and they found themselves in a field.

The contestants were around varying locations in the field, some by a wall, and some not. Sense of place seemed irrelevant somehow. While it was a wide open space, it still seemed almost like a maze. A labyrinth field.

Show Content
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

Show Content
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Vyrm'n just stood motionless for a while, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. That scientist had been saying something, then... poof. Here we were.

The Faceless stood, dead centre in the field; a misplaced pillar rising from the ground like a portal to the night. The sun cast no shine on its polished hide, lending to its rift-like appearance. It stared around the arena sightlessly, incapable of detecting reflected light, yet able to "hear" the song every atom in the arena sung. With this cacophony, it "saw" the huge field, the walls; and also, the endlessness beyond.

Although the Faceless' memories were long gone, something about the void beyond appealed to a part of it it had no comprehension of. Melting into a fluid comet of darkness, it took off for the edge of this world swiftly -

And hit a resistance it was not expecting. The impact with an invisible barrier shocked it out of cohesive structure, and it plummted back down to earth with a kind of crunch-splash, next to a wall.

Originally posted on MSPA by Opirian.

Galus looked around wondering where the hell he was, something about battles, his brain pounded as he tried to remember what he was doing before hand, but he couldn't recall. He looked around it seemed he was in large area, near the corner of a wall, bloody hand prints adorned one of the walls, a telltale sign of someones struggle. He ran his gloved finger up the wall, the material impossible to climb.

The pilot took a few steps away from the wall and looked around, where ever this place was, it sure was open. Remembering something about battles and death he grabbed his pistol out of it's thigh holster, "hopefully this will last me," he muttered to himself before he started moving forward cautiously.

Samuel Therion, like the others, stood alone in the labyrinth. He knew not what power had brought him here, nor how it had managed to do so when he had carefully constructed so many defenses to protect him from any potential threat. For ages, Samuel had sat as the dark prince of his world; very few aware of his existence and none even dreaming of capturing him. Yet, in an instant some eccentric otherworldly power had managed to ensnare him as easily as a hawk ensnares a simple rabbit.

For a brief moment, the reality of his abduction dealt a blow to Samuel's ego, the severity of which he had not felt in years. His brow furrowed and fist clenched as he thought about the insurmountable difference in power between him and the abductor. Despite all his best efforts, all the power and wealth he had obtained, none of it was meaningful in the light of this new force.

And then, a smile crept its way over his face. Yes, all of it was meaningless, all of his old goals and struggles, completely pointless. A soft chuckle escaped his lips, growing in intensity. Yes. With this new, otherworldly power displayed before him, how could he possibly find solace in the life he once sought to obtain. He had worried, worried that he had risen as far has he could, obtained all the power it was possible to obtain. But no. He tilted his head towards the sky and cackled. Yes, of course! He was grateful to his captor. Like a candle running out of air, the flame of his ambition had faded to a simple spark as he conquered his goals one after another. Yet now it burned brighter than ever.

I will make my way though this game of yours. And at the end...we shall see what kind of power you truly have.

Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]

Log of Professor Armidillo Reccxer: After that strange shiny man finished his announcement, I found myself in some sort of endless field, this day just keeps on getting stranger. First a guy going faster than the speed of light shows up and helps me finish my life's work, then suddenly I'm in some sort of competition for my life! As my good friend would say, "Bolly, this is quite the mess I've gotten into!" Ah well might as well have fun. "Well I don't know About you fine folks, but I believe an areal advantage is needed!" I said to the strange assortment of characters as I told The Cane of Materialistic Probability what to do. I then changed my mass to that of a Helium balloon and slowly floated upwards.

This was definitely a contest I planned on winning.

Show Content
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

Roisarved

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content