Battle Royale! Game Complete!

Battle Royale! Game Complete!
Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 3: Sanctuary/Ark
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

SpoilerShow
Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 1: 1984
Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Mystify.

Itzal continued to float idyllically, hanging above the fire. The air was still good this high up, but the smoke was starting to build. Also, the complete silence this high up was getting unnerving. Itzal started planning its descent.
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow
The ark crashed to the ground, and Gadget considered the logistics of his prior plan.
"We aren't getting in through the bottom any more."
The wreckage was pretty bad, and the fire was now spreading to the Ark itself. There was no longer any truly safe place in the arena, but then again, was there ever? Exploring the Ark while it was mostly undestroyed did still seem like a good idea, however, and the top had plenty of entrances it seemed, plenty of them probably not intended entrances.

"Is it really a good idea to still go in, Gadg?"
"Eh, don't be such a pansy! It's probably fine!"
"Need I remind you that you consist of a rather flammable substance?"
Carrie was already taking Gadget down to the Ark while those two argued. They did catch up soon after, and eventually they landed.
"Okay, I'm going to get this out of the way right now. It's probably dangerous ahead, and Jim, you aren't particularly using a lot of energy from me any more anyway. The last time I tried this, it took a lot, but at this point... I've got to pull out the big guns. Most of the other 'contestants' seem to have realized that this is truly to the death by now, and the easiest way out is to win."

"Does this mean we actually get to fight back now?"
"That it does, Whir," Gadget said, as he pulled out the Debree debris and Grimm's mask, "As much as I hate it to come to this, defending myself probably involves killing. If there's anybody that I'd settle for, it'd probably be the guy with the gun. He's clearly unstable. Surviving is going to take a little more than we've got... so I'm going to try something."
Whir looked at the mask and Debree.

"...wait, really? Didn't you say you were gonna honour Grimm somehow?"
"I am... sort of. It's not quite what I originally had in mind... but basically I'm not just letting him go down. I can only hope that this works out for the best..."
Gadget grabbed some broken wood from nearby, and 'smeared' some of the shadows that made up the pile around, sort of connecting the pile of debris to the mask. And then he focused.
The concentration required was intense. It wasn't normally so difficult, but there was something about this. It made sense, since the mask was so full of power.
Finally, it worked, and Gadget was thoroughly winded from it, falling down instantly.
The pile formed into a vaguely humanoid shape, with the mask serving as a face. It looked around a little bit inquisitively.
"A name for this... I don't know. I- hey, what the... I don't feel it's energy."
The creature seemed suddenly started, and hastened away quickly, crashing through a wall on it's route.

"...there's a powerful creature made out of a building running around with shadowy powers, now, isn't there?"
"It's already autonomous! It couldn't have learned enough instantly! Something went wrong, somehow."
The four stood in silence for a brief moment. It seemed that just acting on a whim wouldn't cut it any more. It was time for planning.

SpoilerShow

Mike kept a slow pace to deal with his condition. He didn't want to risk a confrontation if he could help it until he was healed again.
Of course, he realised that thing's never work out that way. He drew his shotgun, making sure there was still a shell in the barrel. He stalked forward, making sure to take cover where possible. The frame of the corridor was mangled and twisted in places, causing him to take become cautius, a trait that he felt didn't suit him.
He heard a crash behind him, and he started to worry.
'What?! What could be behind me? Could Whit have doubled back... Damn, better move forward fast. Screw stealth!'
He bolted from his position, quickly reaching the familiar deck. No matter how fast Mike ran, the crashing kept coming from closer and closer distances. He ran straight into the mast, crouching and spinning at the last moment to stare right back at the hole he came from, gun raised. He looked down the sights, sweat slowly dripping from his forehead.
Silence. It unnerved him, causing him to keep moving his hand from the barrel of the gun to stop it becoming too sweaty.

Whit turned and looked below from the cabin. He heard crashing noises from the way he had came. The mast blocked his view of the door, but he slanted to the side to see through it. He guessed Mike had began to rush him, and steadied his gun. Suddenly, an idea came to him. He moved back so the mast was directly in front of the door, and blasted it down. It fell over like a tree, and collapsed onto the doorway, blocking it. He smiled, knowing he would have bought more time, and turned his attention back to the cabin.

Mike would have sworn under his breath if he had any left. The strain of keeping the mast off of him made his muscles scream in agony. The vectors on their own couldn't hold it, forcing him to hold it up with his limbs too. His lungs begged for air, so he maneuvered the mast to the side, making it seem like it had bounced after crashing.
Mike lay there, breathless, his rib causing tears to come to his eyes. At least Whit hadn't seen him, he thought. But it wouldn't be this way for long.
Mike waited. For what, he knew not.

Itzal looked down to see the mast of the ship fall over. Itzal thought about this for a moment, then cut the rope ties around its waist. It immediately started falling, and spread its cloak out to catch the air. A slight bit of shape-shifting later, it was a glider, silently gliding down the ship below.
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

thundering crashes sounded outside, But Whit was calm. Calmer than he should be, he knew. Was he really so obsessed with the possibility of a Noah? He looked around; it was dark, save for a light coming through a few windows. He stepped forward and heard a crunch. At his feet was a box. After picking it up, Whit realized it was a matchbox. He lit one and put the rest in his coat, unconciously. He lit a torch on the wall, which was slightly bent out of place, the wax leaking off. The room became brighter, and Whit looked around again. It was a large room, segmented into other rooms, with nothing but a table to his left- suddenly he saw something previously obscured by darkness. He stared... It was disturbing, but it made him calm. His stare was met by a shattered skeleton laying in the corner. Whit's heart was slowly beating. Somehow, he felt no worry, no fear, not even aprehension. He reached into the pile of bones and drew forth the Skull. Upon touching it, Whit's mind cleared completely, and all his stress left him.
"so... You're Noah huh? Not looking so good... It doesn't even look like you were alive in the first place.", Whit commented.

A skull... The ideas flew around inside Whit's clear head, but ultimately he concluded that here was nothing definite he could conclude about the nature of a life. It could be that the gods couldn't do it, or that they simply wanted to play a joke. The irony of a Noah here without the life to interact with... Whit could see the humor, the twisted humor in that.
Whit thought about the skull a bit more. It was making him extremely calm, he realized, and suddenly he remembered the crashes outside. They had stopped... Whatever was causing them must have stopped needing to go through it's obstacles.
He found a string and quickly tied up the skull and hung it over his neck. This was probably another gift that fate, luck had given him. This time, Whit even knew what it did- it calmed people in it's range. It was esspscially relieving for Whit, who's nerves had been on edge for the last several hours. He supposed that this was used to keep all of the animals from killing eachother. However, he hadn't felt it's effect until he had gotten much closer than most animals probably were to it. He guessed that it's effect was diminished by his constant thought, which overrid his instincts. It probably affected animals, things not obsessed with thinking, better. He pondered his next action, with a clear head. He could leave... But no, he had the greatest advantage indoors. Suddenly, he heard another crash, this time closer. He retreated to the corner of the room, prepared for anything.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Can't find Whit, but considering he's pretty generic- oh, I see him! The one with the skull, sitting in the armchair. Ha!

Well, that's the end of christmas. Too bad, huh?

I like the dagger in Itzal's cake

SpoilerShow

I'm not quite sure where i am...
The only thing I see as a hint is something resembling an arm on the floor next to Whit, so maybe I'm on the chair next to the helmet guy.
Or outside the window somewhere.
Or i the jumble next to the fire.
who knows.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Mike peeked around the remains of the mast and found that whit was no longer around. He sighed to himself, knowing that a full on confrontation was not on his to do list right now.
Suddenly, there was a loud smashing noise directly below him, causing him to lob his body to the side, landing on his painful rib. He winced in pain as he raised himself up on his elbow. As he tried to get up,a large shape crashed up through the floor where he had been previously, obliterating the mast as if it were a toothpick. The thing was the shape of a huge human, but the body was made up of debris from buildings and other sources. Mike slowly backed away from it by draggin himself backwards along the deck with his arm. The debris goliath turned, and stared seemed to stare Mike right in the eyes.
That's when Mike noticed the mask. His jaw dropped, not in horror, but in sheer amazement. He broke out on laughter, finding the situation funny.
Trash Grimm seemed to cock it's head to the side, but maybe Mike was just getting weary.
"Fuckin' A! Ironic much. Seriously man, you're a riot" He laughed at the thing, thinking back to Grimm's last words. The hope for mike's death to be as ironic as possible.
"Heh. For the thing I killed to come back to be my end. Yeah, that's one thing I never counted on."
A thought occured to Mike, in the brief moments between his sentance and the jumbled up mess of brick beginning to move. Grimm's mask was given life, along with the parts of the body. Gadget's power was to give life.
Mike made a mental note to 'thank' him properly.
The hulking monster charged at mike, swinging it's arms in an upward sweep. Mike barely got to his feet before it's fists crashed into his side, breaking his left arm, several ribs, and knocking him through the air off of the ark.

He crashed through the canopy, hitting branches, trunks and bushed until he finally slammed painfully into the forrest floor. His body felt numb, he knew he was going into shock.
The sheer power of that blow made Mike's vectors seem like old lady arms rather than killing machines. He was outnumbered, outgunned, and outwitted by everyone in the round. Everything he lacked they excelled in, in one way or another.
'Shit. I'm really gonna die here'
He inspected his arm, which bent in the opposite angle. He was afraid that he'd die before someone was killed. He hoped it would be soon, so that his wounds could be healed again.
'Man, I only hope that thing notices Whit before coming to get me'
Mike made one of his vectors cut a small branch from a tree, and bit into it. Bracing himself, he attempted to snap his arm back into position with his vectors.
they moved before he could clench his teeth, catching him off guard. While a much faster way of doing the job, the agony caused Mike to cry out into the air.

Itzal swooped down, aiming for Mike, when a huge amalgam of debris broke through the floor beneath Mike. It rushed Mike, knocking him clear of the Ark. Itzal was coming in too fast to dodge it, so it kicked the mass instead. It had been planning on attacking Mike, but it was to late to completely change tactics.

Itzals kick, with all the speed of its dive behind it, impacted the creature, sending bricks and boards flying out of its body. This attracted its attention quite throughly, and Itzal swiftly moved to the back of its shoulders, where it shouldn't be able to reach. The rubble monster did not seem to agree with Itzal that it can't reach there, and punch Itzal off in a way that would be completely impossible for a human. Itzal was sent flying across the ship, and crashed into the mast. It gasped in pain upon impact, and felt several bones break as consciousness fled it.

SpoilerShow