Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 2: The Hoodoo
Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Mystify.

Itzal woke to the sound of gunfire. Itzal crawled to the edge and looked down, witnessing the battle unfolding. No more time to rest. Itzal stretched experimental. Still slightly tired, but functional enough. Itzal noted that Zeke was on the interior, so it returned to the exterior wall and look around. Spotting Whit and Gadget, It decided out here was much safer. He hadn't made direct enemies with either of them. In fact, it had never seen Gadget. It had a bit of a lead, but it wasn't sure how long that would last. Itzal took out a dagger and went to work on the crystals again. This time it was able to get a few decent chunks out of the wall. It wrapped them in a piece of cloth and then started climbing the wall.

Total Distance: 53m

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Whit looked around quickly. Below, the Ninja and the madman were fighting... and the madman fell. Well, he thought, one less to deal with. to his sides, he saw nobody. He began walking up the hoodoo diagonally, away from Zeke and co. He began to ponder the nature of the hoodoo. The fog... Falling into the fog... was it an instant death? He glanced back. The madman was nowhere to be found... or... was he? Whit saw a glimpse of Mike. It looked like he was alright, even though he was already covered in fog. Whit realized that the fog ... took the soul at a deeper level than he thought. Suddenly, he thought of the Redrobed figure. It wanted to play a game...
"Hmm... this... could make... a good game..."
If It wanted a game, Whit had the game. He even had all the tools to work with...

25m

Itzal continued climbing, unperturbed. IT was slow going, he wasn't used to this type of thing.

total distance: 55m

Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

A small hand popped out of Whit's shadow and said, "Ah, I believe I can walk on the outside. Thank you for your assistance." Grimm exited Whit's shadow, ignored what he was doing, and began moving up the mountain.
26m

"...Then good luck to you."
Whit was slightly bothered by Grimm leaving him. What, no sense of debt? Still, he didn't show it. At least, Whit thought, this way, he probably won't attack me. Still, just in case, Whit walked back inside. There were less people here, it was definitely safer. He finally sat down, pulled out a gun and began to rest. The cold metal rested against his hand, warming. It's chill though, calmed him, the cold making his realize how tired he was... He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

He dreamed about the day he first encountered a gun. He was younger then, and Gambling still held him captivated... he continued to win, and win... and began to win in bigger, more dangerous places. In one of those places, he was accused of cheating, like usual. Whit was used to this, and enjoyed it- he'd play it off, proving his opponent a fool when he came up with nothing. However, this time, the other player didn't bother to try to prove his claims, and pulled out a gun. In retrospect, Whit figured, that man was fairly poor looking, and seemed to be having a hard time, the weight of a failed life weighing down on him. Perhaps he had just gambled everything he owned- lost everything he owned- to Whit, just then. No matter the circumstance, Whit was going to be shot. He quickly ducked under the table, as a shot whirred over his head. In a swift motion, he flipped the table. The table hit the man and knocked him down, but he still held onto the gun. He quickly reaimed it at Whit. For a moment, Whit felt like a deadman, and his legs went weak. he began to fall, his head shifting just enough so that the next bullet skimmed his head. The feeling of his nearness to death suddenly invigorated Whit. He quickly leaped to the side, and then forwards towards the gunman, who had managed to stand. He raised the gun again... only to be met with Whit's fist to his nose. Whit then grabbed the man's gun hand with both hands, and thrust it to the side. A sudden muscle memory from a previous fight made his Knee shoot up. The man's elbow snapped, and the gun fell. Whit let go of him, and stepped back, slightly disturbed by the sound of bones breaking. The man rolled screaming, and then suddenly reached for the gun with his other hand... only to be intercepted by the guards inside. The man struggled violently, and was dragged outside. As the door shut, Whit heard the sounds of a beating. The man's screams grew louder, and then abruptly stopped.

Whit woke up, feeling refreshed, even though he had only slept for a few minutes. The dream he had was vivid in his mind... he smiled. That was a victory he had completely earned, one that he had pulled from another's hands.

"I can do it here too... even though I'm at a disadvantage... I'll win. I want the victory more than anyone else."

Whit decided that he'd stay where he was, for the time being. He body was still fatigued, and around him was a sheer rock face. If anyone tried to approach, Whit would be able to shoot them easily.

25m, inside.

Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

Zeke and Cobra had been retreading the ground they lost. Now climbing on the inside of the Hoodoo. While climbing he noticed on the opposite side of the tower a relaxing Whit. Zeke rolled his eyes, he hadn't climbed this blasted tower twice, with a fight in the middle of it. Still he didn't seem like a threat just yet, Zeke chose to ignore him and continue.

27M

Itzal continued his slow progress upwards.

total Distance: 58m

Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

In the unknown void between worlds:

"Kekeke, it looks like my little bird has had it's wings clipped"
Mike's creator, a goddess known as "Eda", watches the young boy with keen interest.
"You all have such interesting little subjects. That Zeke there, he's definitely the type of creature that could finally end my little monster's life..."
Eda conjures up an instrument. A violin, to be exact.
She begins to play a sad little lullay, humming to herself, while down below, Mike struggles to regain the use of his body to escape the deadly fog.

"N- Not like this... I waited too long to die at *cough* at the hands of some fucking fog. Not yet.. Need. more. time..."

Mike's body finally becomes limp, and he passes out.
this causes a commotion between the other Entities.
"Settle down, fellow creators. This battle is far from over.
This boy won't die from such meagre wounds. No, he's far too tenacious. That's why I chose him to be my vessal. I planted the seeds, those Vectors you have witnessed.
The boy himself is worth nothing to me. No human is. I grow tired of watching their pitiful lives. That's why I chose him, to test the power of this strain os Psychokinesis. It works, oh yes, I have seen that. I'm surprised the boy is doing so well. I made those vectors kill his own family, you know..."
Eda suddenly stops playing music, and looks down her her instrument with distaste.
"Ugh" She groans, destroying it, "Such a prissy little thing."
She concentrates further, creating a newer, electrical violin, complete with working amplifier.
"Ahh, much better"
She applies the bow to the strings, and immedietly the schreech souds out, and yet she continues playing the same song, a distressing new take on the peaceful lullaby.
"Take this violin. Mike's mind is very similer, and yet he used to be like that simple wooden piece of crap. He created this alter ego to cope with the pain, to shift the blame. But it doesn't matter. The vector's are a more powerful part of him than even he himself is. they make the decisions, they choose how to fight. Wether he lives or dies, is all up to them. Watch, my fellow entities, with Mike temporarily out of the picture you will witness my vision for the end of my simple world"

Their gaze falls upon the prone figure, not moving, as the fog slowly attempts to enshroud him.
A twitch, small, but definitely there. Then, an arm, translucent, but different. Red streaks flowed through it, like veins. Then another, similer arm. They reached out, and slammed into the small ledge next to the boy's body. They lifted him up, one arm keeping him airborne, the other reaching for the wall to ascend.
The witnessed the climb of the fallen madman. Up above, Zeke and Whit stared at each other, ready to attack should one of them make an aggresive move. Zeke noticed it first, the steadily rising colours of the arms, and the ragged boy dragged behind.
Whit pondered what had took the ninja's attention, quickly thought of shooting him down, but risked a glance down. He stared in amazement as Mike's body was pulled higher than his own, all while the boy slept through his journey.
"Alas, this is a rarity. If only he wasn't such a weakling, I could get more ammusement out of this battle."
Whit and Zeke watched the vectors lift Mike, until he disapeared the was dragged through a tunnel and out of site.

40M, inbetween.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Kiren17.

Cobra and Zeke made their way up the inside of the Hoodoo, stopping only to listen to some sort of angelic song playing from nowhere.

"Hear that, Zeke?

"Yes. Quite interesting, to say the least."

Cobra saw Zeke roll his eyes at something. He looked in the direction Zeke was looking and saw somebody just laying down, sleeping. Quite frankly, Cobra was amazed at this. How could anybody lay down here? Even if there was no immediate danger, Zeke or Cobra could easily rush him and slaughter him. Even Gadget could sneak up on him and kill him. Cobra had made an enormous mistake, he was so busy looking at Whit that he forgot to look where he was going. He stepped near the edge of a 'platform' and it snapped, he slid downward. Zeke reached out to grab him, but was too late.

"DAMMIT!"

Zeke exclaimed. Cobra stared up at him as he fell, landing hard on his back and falling backwards. He was sliding downward, he couldn't grab onto anything, he just fell, trying with all his might to clutch the wall of the hoodoo. He transformed into his wolf form, still he couldn't dig his claws anywhere, he was tumbling and falling too quickly. He finally fell onto a large ledge, but hit his head on a rock and passed out.

[background=yellow:3o444e41]Cobra... You need to get up. You're going to be attacked if you stay here for too long, you need to get up.[/background:3o444e41]

"Kiren? Pshhh, I'll be fine, I just need to sleep for a few more minutes..."

[background=yellow:3o444e41]Your arrogance and blatant disregard for... everything, is going to cost you the battle. Get your ass up, and treat your head when you do.[/background:3o444e41]

Cobra was passed out for 15 minutes before he finally stirred. He awoke on a platform alone, 20m up was Zeke, still climbing, every once in a while looking back at him. Cobra at first felt angry that Zeke didn't come down to help him, but then thought about it.

We're enemies. Of course he won't come all the way down here to help me. I wouldn't either.

He got up, nauseated, dizzy, and a massive headache and began to climb. Very slowly he made his way up, having to sit down every few feet to catch his breath. He was hurt, and badly, and he had no medical supplies on him whatsoever. He managed to stop his head from bleeding, but he would need bandages to keep it from getting too dirty. Perhaps if he finds Gadget he could get some from him.

Cobra is now only at 10m up, inside.

SpoilerShow

Reserved

Whit grinned to himself. The maniac was alive, meaning others might die. He could just sit back and- no, he wasn't going to sit back anymore. How could he possibly consider himself a winner if he didn't play until the last hand? Besides, Whit recalled, he joined out of his own vocation. He was partially tricked, probably, but that didn't change what he was looking for. He was here to win as much as he could, to touch his limits, and surpass them.

"Ill win this with my own hands... That's why I came, after all."

Zeke glared Whit's way one last time and moved on. Whit watched Zeke and Kobra pass by, head resting against the pulsating walls. The sound... Soothed him. He shut his eyes, and focused on himself. Although he didn't move, Whit was about to act. He knew they were too far away for his pistols, but... He had another option. he touched the godgun in his sleeve. They were both busy climbing... If he tried, He could blow them away. If they jumped off... Well, It would be all the better if they died in the fog, which Whit noticed had risen considerably. He psyched himself up mentally.
Ill do it... I'll do it. I'll win, just like this. They're right there, leaving themselves open. I can snatch away their existence right now. I'll do it. I'll do it. I'll...

He thrust his body forward, off the wall, and clairity finally returned to him. If he fired his weapon, the place could collapse, easily. Their lives weren't worth risking his own. Still, though, it might not. The structure was large, and was some sort of magic. Even then though, falling rocks and such... Could be dangerous. Yet... He didn't feel like he'd be hurt. The rythmic pulsing of the walls reminded him of why he was here, in this bizarre situation. The other god, that brought him here, had said he was the luckiest man in the world. Now that he thought about it, it was probably true. His life was definitely blessed, considering how he wasn't dead yet, and was richer than a man should be. Even here, in the realm of gods, Whit had not encountered any real trouble. If fact, he had fortune so far; he had gained his coat and a few extra weapons, and a quality meal. Still, he wasnt going to be a fool just because he was lucky. If the tower colapsed, Whit knew that he could escape to the outside before anything fell. He stood up.

"Even this... I will survive. I am a lucky man, after all."

Whit kept his head down and gripped his godgun. He wanted to fire more than anything at the moment, to test his luck, his skill, his mind. He opened his eyes, and snapped his head and godgun up towards where he had seen Zeke and Kobra. They were gone. They probably had gone to the outside already, where it was easier to climb. Whit sighed, his tension releasing.

"...Next time..."

He said what he had said before... But this time, he knew he meant it.

He sat back down and continued to rest.

((oi, myifan, respect the reserve system. It's what lets people do long posts without being punished into non-canon-ness by a inferior, short post.
I realise it's not a problem this time cause Whit's just musing to himself, but generally do your best to offer people the courtesy. Without the reserve system people would never be encouraged to do long posts, which goes against the spirit of the game.

We cool?))

For once, Whir was conflicted on the right thing to do. He saw Cobra fall down, and it would probably be good to go down and try to help, as futile as that may be, but his best friend was still ascending, and he didn't want to get too far away.
"...god dammit."
Whir flew up to where Lloyd was carrying Gadget.
"Listen, I need you to slow down a bit and wait for Zeke. When he catches up, go with him, and maybe tell him something to get him to help keep you an Gadget safe from others," He dug a small first aid kit out of Gadget's backpack. Cobra looked to have fallen a long way, "Got it?"

"Understood." Lloyd said, and started slowing down slightly.
Whir deactivated his propeller and descended quickly, reactivating it upon reaching Cobra.
"Hi. Don't know why I'm bothering to do this... I should be focused on keeping my friend safe, not my enemies..."

"Whir. Perhaps we don't have to be enemies. Not yet, anyway."
The small bot thought about this. The 'not yet' bit worried him, but he knew it would be inevitable. If the two survived long enough, Gadget and Cobra would have to fight against each other to win, and get back home. But for now, they were, well, almost friends. Whir set the first aid kit down.
"I can't really apply it very well, so..."

"I can handle it. Thanks."

Gadget and Lloyd: 34m

Whir: 12m

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

Grimm saw Mike coming out the side of the mountain. "Crap, if that thing sees me, I could wind up dead." He dived into an adjacent hole. "I really shouldn't stay in here long, I won't be able to control myself, and that won't be good."
26m, in a tunnel.

SpoilerShow

Itzal continued his slow climb, oblivious to the mayhem occurring below. It remained focus. Clinging to this crystal formation placed it at a sever disadvantage.

Total Distance: 60m

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

SpoilerShow

(actually, I made Zeke go outside, or somewhere out of Whit's view.)