Battle Royale! Game Complete!

Battle Royale! Game Complete!
Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 2: The Hoodoo
Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

Zeke collected himself as he began climbing by the side of Cobra. There was a while of silence, only pierced by the occasional loose stone falling into the abss below.

"...Whats your story then?"

13M

Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

"Ah, the fog is rising then? You'd better hurry. I can't move too well at the moment is all. This rock formation seems to be draining me of my abilities, so I cannot even control myself to move." Grimm said.
Originally posted on MSPA by Mystify.

Itzal decided the outside of this formation was too dangerous to stay there, especially with enemies directly below. Still very weak, it stumbled to a nearby opening and pulled itself in. Itzal suddenly had a thought. If these crystals were having this much of an effect on it, they might effect the others. It took out a dagger and stared working at the wall. IT managed to work a small crystal out of the wall. Itzal sat back down. It needed more rest before trying this. Still, the piece it did manage to get was rather sharp. Pulling out a small bottle of glue, it weakly attached the shard to the tip of one of its daggers. This will be a nasty surprise for somebody. More secure than before, Itzal pulled out a mirror and set up up in the entrance of the tunnel so as to hide its presence, and then closed its eyes for a nap.

total distance: 51m

Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

Whit turned to leave, then stopped. What if he helped the person? Maybe, just maybe, this person would feel gratitude, and assist him. Plus, this person was being weakened severely by the enviroment. In worst case scenario, Whit wouldn't have a hard time killing him. Sure of his plan, Whit climbed down. It was much easier going down than up.

"Come on, Ill help you up. Just tie yourself to this rope, and-"

"Thanks, then. Don't worry, I won't need the rope."
Grimm suddenly jumped into Whit's shadow. Whit paniced. Grimm had entered his shadow... And he had no way of attacking him. Whit could very easily be pulled straight down... What could he do? Whit went over all of his options, but knew he had only one. All he could do was compose himself and start climbing again, while making small talk.

"...so... How do you do that, with the shadow?"

5m

"Ah, it's about time someone asked. I am a being of pure shadow, the only thing giving me form is myself, and I have put my consciousness in my mask. To control myself, it requires mental strain every second of every day. In this new area, it is harder to control myself. When I enter a shadow, however, I myself am not controlling my form, so I do not need to control myself. Meanwhile, I can focus on different things, like protecting you so that neither of us die."
"Ah, I see." That could be useful, and now he's going to protect me.
5m
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Lloyd and Whir continued up the wall. A burning oil had gone past them at one point, but it was slightly off from being able to hit them. Very soon, Whir saw a familiar face, with somebody else.
"Cobra!"
Whir flew up a bit faster than Lloyd was climbing to attempt to catch up with the two.
"What's this? I don't think I've seen it before."
"My name is Whir, and I think I could ask you you are, too!"
"I'm Zeke. And once again I ask, what are you?"
"He's with Gadget, another one of the contestants. A creation of his. Where is Gadget, anyway?"
Whir did his best to make a motion of pointing down to Lloyd, who had Gadget strapped in, and had just about caught up.
"What happened?"
"What happens when he creates too many new lives in a short period of time. It's too much, and he falls unconscious until enough of them stop living off of him. For some reason, only one was enough to do him in. I think it's because of this mountain or something. Anyway, uh, I hate asking for help, but he's not exactly in a position to be defending himself... can we tag along with you while going up?"

19m
Originally posted on MSPA by Kiren17.

Cobra was slightly surprised by Zeke actually making conversation with him.

"My story? Just the usual. Kid who grew up in a very war-loving society learned to fight well, nothing real special. Truthfully I'm not that proud of it. Deep down I'm a peaceful guy, I'd much rather love than fight."

Cobra kept climbing, occasionally slipping, Zeke catching him, and vice verse. On multiple occasions he'd have to hoist Zeke up with a rope, or have Zeke lift him by his foot so he could get a little higher.

I had better watch out; at any moment, this ninja could kill me from behind...

At that moment, he turned his head and saw Whir and... Something. Coming towards him.

Cobra!

Whir began to explain about why Gadget was incapacitated, and asked if they could tag along.

"Well, sure, it's fine with me. Zeke?"

"I've got no problems with it."

"Alright then. Shall we climb?

Cobra turned back to Zeke;

"OH, I almost forgot to ask. What's your story?"

TOTAL DISTANCE CLIMBE[img]images/smilies/aghast.gif[/img] 20m[/color]

SpoilerShow

Whit was still climbing up the treacherous walls of this place. He doesn't talk much, but Grimm doesn't mind. He doesn't talk much either. "I like the inside, not many people are in here, other than the other fellow who's climbing."
"Other fellow?" If he is a threat, then this hike could get quite a bit more difficult."Yes, the nice one who tried to talk to me earlier." An arrow comes out of Whit's shadow. "That one, there." It pointed to Mike, then retracted.
Crap.
20m
SpoilerShow

Zeke, confortable with his climbing didn't mind Gadget tagging along, this wasn't about fighting, atleast not now. He figured there was no harm in telling a little about himself.

"My name is Zeke, I never was given a last name. Im an orphan , never knew my parents."

"Oh jeez THIS sounds like an uplifting story!"

Zeke gave a cold stare to the small robot and continued.

"I trained in the art of Ninjusu til I was ten."

"You was training that young?"

"Yes"

"Didn't you do like, y'know, do kid stuff or anything?"

"There was never any time to live my childhood, through constant training I learnt to abandon my emotions and feelings, they get in the way of things"

"Oh well, that explains how your a tottaly dull conversational partner. Come on skip to the kick ass ninja parts!"

"At the age of ten, the Nelo Rose empire came to the village, demanding cooperation. The vilage elder refused, so they...burnt it down, they killed everyone."

"Wait how did a village, effectively populated by ninjas get wiped out?"

"...The armies of Nelo rose were led personally by there leader. Arcturus Alexander. He is more powerful than anyone I have ever seen. He barely had to try when he slaughtered the village.

...I hate him. He is the bane of my existance. So long as he is alive I must not stop training. So that one day, I may kill him."

"Oh man, Im sorry for your loss I guess...How did you survive?"

"Alexander took pity on me. So he asked me to join him. He said that I could become 'more powerful that I ever could of'."

"I have been under his training for 16 years now and still I do not stand a chance against him."

"Wait wait wait. You JOINED the very person you dipised and want to kill and have been with them for SIXTEEN years?! what were you thinking? What was he thinking?!"

"...It is means to meet an end. I hate him, but there is no denying he is an excellent warrior, my best chance of defeating him is training under him.

"heh, he already knows of my wish to kill him, he calls it 'good determination'"

28M
Originally posted on MSPA by Mystify.

Itzal rolled over in its sleep.

total Distance: 51m

Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

Schazer Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

V LOOK! READ THIS V

Having no idea where the vial had come from, Mike took a breather. He flexed his fingers, then cracked away at his knuckles absentmindedly. He wondered who would have thrown it. He had seen three of the contestants so far on this rock, and they weren't the type to build makeshifts. Zeke might have his own proffesional ones, maybe, but the thing Mike thought of, he hadn't even seen yet.
And it excited him.
'He's the one who lured me, I bet. The wire. The 'Illusionist'. Screw fair play, Zeke wanted him, and now I want him. Dead, that is.'
"Honsetly," Mike sighed. "Am I the only one going to be brutal in this damn battle?"
As he said that, he noticed the trio of Cobra, Zeke and Gadget passing by to his right.
Cobra glanced over, and Mike responded by glaring at him, and smirking.
His expression changed, he was wary. A good start.
"Well well well," Mike said to them, gaining their attention, "Ragtag team of clumsy folk eh? Tell me, will you be prepared to kill each other in this? Ha, oh well. I'm sure you'll be to busy now."
He moved a few meters higher, then turned around again.
"Because, I'll be out to kill ya's"
Suddenly, he leaped down towards them. Zeke moved in front of Cobra, ready to counter, while Cobra tried to move Gadget into a tunnel for safety.

Mike's vecters grabbed the rock, weakening, but managing to hold on. Mikepressed his legs together and dropped onto Zeke.
He blocked, but lost his balance on the cliff. Mike's vecters also gave out, and they both fell down to the base of the Hoodoo.

Mike crashed several times, bruising himself. Zeke dug into the cliff with something on his glove and slid down, cutting through it as he went.
His landing was much softer than Mike's slumped body. He was sprawled on the ground, trying to get back onto his legs.

"What in the world possessed you to do something so... Stupid!?"

"Heh," Mike groaned, managing a kneeling position, "Heck if I know. I guess I hate the fact you act like you can be friends with those people. This isn't some summer camp. Aren't you used to killing? Lets have a test shall we? A test to see if you're man enough to kill me."
Mike finally stood, albeit staggering backwarsd slightly, and motioned for Zeke to come at him.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

"I have no friends, only assets." Zeke kicks a rock down into the mist below, it was pretty close to the base now.
"You are so linear. You're just a being which kills, influenced by a greater power, its...pitiful"

"HA! what a joke, you're the exact same! What with your Alex-whats-his-name! You and I are lot simillar than you think!"

"You're wrong. I have a dream, aspirations. I have at the very least some semblance of honour."
You're...just a puppet...its sad

Mike gritted his teeth "Big talk for someone so pally with the wolf man and the machine guy!"

"Stay still, puppet" Zeke withdrew his blades "allow me to free you from your sad life."

Zeke lunged forward with lightning speed, Mike's Vectors drunkerdly bring themselves forward to block the attack, Mike takes a couple of steps back, the Vectors, once tottaly invisible now distorted the area around them. Zeke continued with an onslaught of attacks, the vectors struggling to keep up Mike quickly jumps back before he was overwhelmed.

"Look around you. This thing drains whatever ethereal power you have, you can't depend on them no more."

Mike breathed heavily slowly turning to laughter.
"heh, you know what? For once I actually agree with you!"
Mike pulls out his 9mm
"DODGE THIS NINJA BOY!"

Mike opened fire on Zeke, he began to some backwards handsprings, occasionly adjusting his angle and deflecting bullets with his gauntlets, despite Zeke's attempts even he isn't faster than bullets, a stray shot piercing his shoulder.

"Looks like its curtains for you!" Mike walks forward, guns pointing towards Zeke

Zeke smirks slighly "Not yet." With that Zeke peforms a side flip into a nearby tunnel, dodging more bullets.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

Whit watched Mike patiently, keeping as still as possible. That guy... he was trouble... but also, very useful. He didnt make allies with anyone... Hopefully he'd go away and kill someone else, or better yet, die. Soon, Mike went through a tunnel to the outside, and Whit breathed a sigh of relief.

"Looks like that's..."

Then, he realized that Grimm was still on him. He needed to... Watch his words... and be on his guard.

"...that's the maniac from earlier."

"oh, you've met him?"

"...yeah... He attacked me... I barely got away."

"Well, I don't know how much I can help you like this, but I think we'd be able to beat him."

"...uhhuh..."

Whit was incredibly unconfortable like this, but continued to climb. He really wanted to rest... but, if he stopped on a platform big enough to rest on, it was possible that he'd be pushed off. So, he continued upwards, resting infrequently by hugging the rock face as closely as possible to take the weight off.

In the distance, Whit heard gunshots. It must be the crazy one... I hope he dies, he thought to himself.

20m

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow

"Dammit, I wish I could fight. ...wait, did he just call us assets!? What a jerk!"
"You weren't exactly that nice either."
"Yeah, well..." Whir saw Zeke and Mike disappear into a tunnel.
"I'll take Master up higher," said Lloyd, sort of being able to tell what Whir was thinking. Whir gave a motion signifying approval, and it carried Gadget higher, hidden by staying inside the mountain.
"Now I'm going to go see what's going on with that fight, and if I can, help. It'd be easier if I had help with this myself, too, y'know?"
Cobra gave a signal of approval, and ran to the tunnel, Whir flying just slightly ahead.

28m
Gadget and Lloyd: 32m

SpoilerShow

"Hmm, quite a few people are coming into here. We should probably go outside."
"I think you're right."
The two exited the inside of Hoodoo, and began their climb up the side of the mountain. "This should be easier, it's not climbing. It's just walking."
21m

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Mike emptied the clip, but Zeke escaped. Dropping the magazine, he used the vector to reload another into it, and fed a round into the chamber.
"Now thats what I'm talkin' about!"
Mike went through another tunnel to chase Zeke, and found him on the other side, attempting to gain higher ground.
He watched Mike enter, and with an emotionless face, he said
"Fool, if you think a small wound like this will slow me down, then you're sadly mistaken."
He dropped backwards off of the cliff face, and hung by his feet.
Mike laughed at him, "You're like some sort of bug man!" He yelled.

"And you're like a puppet that's about to have it's strings cut"
Zeke let go, and Mike readied himself to attack with his vectors.
But Zeke simply spun in midair, and to Mike's astonishment' he swiflty dodged both attacks and kicked Mike in the face. He was launched off of the wall, untill he collapsed in a heap on the ledge he had talked to Grimm on.
Cobra arrived just in time to see Zeke passing him, when asked about the madman, Zeke responded
"Leave him for the fog. That monster doesn't deserve a clean death by my hand"

SpoilerShow

0 M