Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG
Sturm lets the others do the talking and mostly just looks really imposing. Also he scans something.
Marc remembered wrong, apparently. He can't find Bastion's pokeballs. Bastion's locker with the rest of his stuff is currently linked to his Trainer ID! Marc can't open it! He, somewhat dejectedly, heads to the tower.

As he approaches, Marc sees a bolt of lightning from the top of the tower, and a sparking bird fly off.
Perception: 1d20+2=9
He thinks something is on top of the bird.

Oh yeah that Gastly catches up with the group, too.

Everybody who Pokedex's the pokemons do so. The fainted Pokemons are Treecko, Kadabra, and Bronzor. Still conscious is a Nidorina.

"He sleepwalked here? ...I suppose it would explain why he thinks it's a dream. A bit." The Empath calls over the psychic he was talking to earlier, and points at Bastion. The psychic takes a look at him with concentration.

After a bit more concentration, he speaks. "Psychic residue. Familiar, too. Something from this tower brought him here. I don't think it was any of us in this room, so it might have been one of the spirits."

"As for what's happening, we're under attack. Some strange people in weird uniforms stormed the tower, and we think they're trying to take the Spirit Stone. It's very important to us, but we've been overwhelmed. Most of the attackers were chased out to the woods up north. Anybody who isn't here now pursued them. Wisp, the town's Gym Leader went up ahead a while ago. There was somebody really strong there. We've done the best we can, but we and our Pokemon are worn out. It's up to Wisp and the spirits of the tower now."

The Psychic pipes up again, "I don't want to bring others into this, but can any of you help us? I own Strictly Spiritual, and the Spirit Stone is a hell of a lot more important than my profits. I'll reward you with my profits from yesterday, and a few items from my inventory if you can!"

Marc sort of enters during the tail end of their spiel.
Clifton notices the pokedexes and absentmindedly scans some pokemons. "So would they be upstairs, then? Also, did you get a look at what kinds of Pokemon they were using?"
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Sturm charges up the stairs with absolutely no regard for what the mystics have to say or whether any of them are standing in his way.
"W...what're we going to be facing? W-we aren't that great with ghosts..." Raphael half-murmurs, indicating both Gabby and herself.

An electronic wittering says that Gabby has figured out how to make the Pokedex play Mario Kart.
"DREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM QUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUESSSSSSSSST!"
Bastion puts out his arms and 'flies' upstairs without regard to logic like asking the mystics if they have any info on the opponent pokemon.
Tori groans, and decides to ask a few more questions before chasing Sturm.

"Well, you're not," Tori retorts to Raphael's whimpers, before turning to the Healer again. "I'm not putting myself on this town's Leader's shit list, so whatever. I'll help. Did they have a whole pack of stupid dogs? Little grey mutts? I can take them."

At "psychic residue" she glances over at the yellow foxy-eared thing with the spoons, trying to see if it and its owner are the same dudes from Ale Town.
"FOR FUCK'S SAKE YOU STUPID KID." Clifton runs after Bastion, desperate to stop the little bastard from jumping out a window or something.
"Oh hey guys. Sorry Bastion, I tried to get your stuff, but it was locked, naturally."

Marc insta-pokedexes everybody.

And then Marc plays Mario Kart with Gabby. King Boo is the best character.

"Oh right! I kinda saw a weird sparky bird thing outside. Flying away from the tower. I think there might be someone riding it, but I couldn't see well. I mean, it's night okay?"
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
The Mystic at the door calls up as he's shoved aside by Sturm, "Watch out for the spirits! They're a little apprehensive about unknown visitors right now!"

"Uh, most of them did, yeah. Some of them had some different Pokemon with them. At least one of them had some kinda badger thing."

Looking at the Empath next to the Kadabra, it certainly isn't the same person from yesterday. The clothing is certainly similar, but the Pokemon is a bit different. Probably same evolutionary line?

FLOOR TWO.
Sturm and Bastion take the lead, Clifton chasing behind. The Gastly sticks close by. The floor is empty, aside from a bunch of graves.
You shiver as you enter, but it's not particularly cold. The stairs up are clearly visible on the other side.

[Image: kPuXj.png]
Tori marches up the stairs, Molly at her side as a light source and Natalie ready to beat up some more ghosts.
Bastion squints ans whispers to Sturm. "Hmmmm, this coldness is obviously the result of some sort of EVIL POKEMON, Sturm, my sidekick, we must be careful as we navigate through, prepare Slepnir for battle, just in case, but follow my lead."

Bastion steps forward, slowly, and LOUDLY SHOUTS, "Spirits of this tower, I am Bastion, HERO OF PORT TOWN, I am here to liberate your tower from the grasp of EVIL. Allow me safe passage and aid so that I may defeat the evil doers that lurk above!"
Clifton buries his face in his hands.

Calloway stares off into the distance.
Slowly, Raphael raises her head up to the 2nd floor, curiosity temporarily overwhelming fear.
Glowing silhouettes of people rise up from the graves in the tower. Two of them call forth Pokemon, with several others ready to do the same, when Bastion pipes up.

DC15: 1d20+3(CHA)=18

The apparations appear... stunned? Some of them lean into each other. You can hear faint whispers.

After a few moments of silence, you hear one word.

"Proceed."

They stay out of your way.

[Image: 1plGN.png]

Most of you are in complete disbelief that that actually worked.
Bastion just struts his way forward like the mofo he is.

"Thank you spirits, your help will not be in vain!"
"..."

Clifton doesn't say a goddamn word as he follows the kid.
Raphael sort of boggles, but at this point nothing is really surprising anymore. She kind of surreptitously tries to Pokedex the ghooooostly pokemons from her stairs-y vantage point.

Actually she gets out of the stairsy vantage point to take a closer look at the spiiiiiiriiiiiits.

"...T-they aren't so bad..."

AND THEN MURPHY HAPPENED
Tori figures Clifton's got this sorted, but something's piqued her interest. She waves awkwardly at the ghost trainer with the bitey-faced robe-wearing Pokemon.

"Uh, hey."
Sturm likes that kid's moxie.
The ghost Tori talks to looks around confusedly for a moment.

"Oh. Er, hi."

Raph tries to scan the nearest Pokemon owned by the ghosts, but the Pokedex seems to be having trouble picking it up.
DC11: 1d20=4
It, unfortunately, failed to detect a target.

Bastion and Clifton head up. There are four Team Dimension mooks guarding the stairs up to the next floor.
There are also strips of paper attached to each of the graves on this floor.

One of the mooks shouts at Bastion and Clifton, "Hey! Who are you? What are you doing here?"

[Image: BQ9yS.png]
"Hey, uh... odd request, but what's that Pokemon of yours called?"

Tori raises her Pokedex questioningly. If the ghost trainer doesn't seem to mind, she goes ahead and scans it.

Either way, she takes her leave and follows the others up the stairs.
Bastion smugly steps forward and points menacingly at his dream villains.

In the most serious and dark voice that a twelve year old has ever uttered he begins to monologue.
"Evildoers, you have done a great injustice to this place. If you think that whatever evil plot you have here is going to succeed I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. This tower is under MY PROTECTION. And with the aid of the ghosts that you have insulted, I, BASTION, HERO OF PORT TOWN, SHALL DEFEAT YOU!"

Bastion holds out one of his pokeballs and scowls at Grunts. "If you surrender now I won't have to kick all of your butts."
Clifton just slinks over to the graves as quietly as he can, praying and begging for the ghosts to help, and snatches the tags off exactly two of the graves.

He really hopes that Team Dimension put them here and the ghosts are good and not evil because otherwise that's bad.
Sturm climbs the stairs and stands by Bastion with his sword and axe all SOLIDARITY-like.