Post making contest: easier mode

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest: easier mode
RE: Post making contest: easier mode
(09-03-2016, 07:07 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »[Image: image-toby_fox_pro_skating-AKUMU.png]

This is great, but it passes no rules.
Swamp.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
To bee or not to bee - that is the question: Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of all known laws of aviation or to take flight against a sea of troubles and in doing so not care what humans think is impossible.
(09-03-2016, 04:15 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »Swamp.

Passes no rules.

(09-03-2016, 04:25 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »To bee or not to bee - that is the question: Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of all known laws of aviation or to take flight against a sea of troubles and in doing so not care what humans think is impossible.

I have to make a judgement call on Rule 4 here. I'm going to say "not quite", but you're very close to the spirit of it.

(09-03-2016, 04:40 PM)Wheat Wrote: »i love skate fox

Passes no rules.

(09-03-2016, 04:40 PM)Wheat Wrote: »we can do skate tricks together like realpals

Passes no rules.
You must be registered to view this content.

Passes no rules.
aed bed ced ded eed fed ged, hed ied jed ked ledmednedoedped. qed red sed, ted ued ved, wed xed yed
(09-04-2016, 05:14 AM)Wheat Wrote: »toby fox pro skating is about following no rules

Well, you must be doing it right because you didn't pass any.
Although now that I think about it, "toby fox pro skating" is actually really close to Rule 4.

(09-04-2016, 05:28 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »aed bed ced ded eed fed ged, hed ied jed ked ledmednedoedped. qed red sed, ted ued ved, wed xed yed

Passes no rules. Close to Rule 1, though.
Flxkse
(09-04-2016, 09:38 PM)btp Wrote: »Flxkse

Passes no rules.
(08-31-2016, 02:40 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Cactuses are nice.
(09-05-2016, 01:36 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
(08-31-2016, 02:40 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Cactuses are nice.

Passes no rules!
[Image: ToOSoQR.jpg]
Hint: There's a theme to these rules.
(09-07-2016, 12:02 PM)Robust Laser Wrote: »[Image: ToOSoQR.jpg]

Passes no rules.

(09-07-2016, 02:15 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Hint: There's a theme to these rules.

Passes no rules.
She was dead. And I was holding the gun.

Nobody would believe I hadn't done it. I wouldn't have believed I hadn't done it, if I hadn't seen the real killer with my own eyes.

Not that it made a difference. Even if I didn't look like a murder, no one would believe a story like that. What I saw - what I saw them do - that was nothing short of impossible.

And yet, it had happened.

I had to calm down. There was more at stake here than the matter of my innocence, my failure as a bodyguard, or the assassin's strange abilities. This was no random attack - she had been killed for a reason, and I knew all too well what that reason was.

The negotiations with her home country.

She might have lived here for most of her life, but she knew the language, the customs. She knew it better than anyone. She was our best chance at overcoming their resistance, at avoiding the war.

And I, assigned by the Crown to protect her, had murdered her in cold blood. My own apparent guilt was nothing compared to the ambassador's inevitable conclusion. It would indict our entire kingdom, and ruin whatever chance we had at peace.

In the immediate term, I had only one choice. I had to give myself up. There was a small chance that I could shoulder the blame alone, and spare my nation. My personal suffering was nothing if it could save our people from a long, bloody war.

And yet, whoever was behind this would no doubt consider that a minor setback. They would strike again, rendering my sacrifice futile. Whatever happened to me, I had to do what I could to ensure someone would pick up their trail.

The crowd had turned towards me after the gunshot. They feared what I would do next.

I thought very carefully about what I would say.
(09-21-2015, 02:53 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »She was dead. And I was holding the gun.

Nobody would believe I hadn't done it. I wouldn't have believed I hadn't done it, if I hadn't seen the real killer with my own eyes.

Not that it made a difference. Even if I didn't look like a murder, no one would believe a story like that. What I saw - what I saw them do - that was nothing short of impossible.

I had to calm down. There was more at stake here than the matter of my innocence, my failure as a bodyguard, or the assassin's strange abilities. This was no random attack - she had been killed for a reason, and I knew all too well what that reason was.

She might have lived here for most of her life, but she knew the language, the customs. She knew it better than anyone. She was our best chance at overcoming their resistance, at avoiding the war.

And I, assigned by the Crown to protect her, had murdered her in cold blood. My own apparent guilt was nothing compared to the ambassador's inevitable conclusion. It would indict our entire kingdom, and ruin whatever chance we had at peace.

In the immediate term, I had only one choice. I had to give myself up. There was a small chance that I could shoulder the blame alone, and spare my nation. My personal suffering was nothing if it could save our people from a long, bloody war.

And yet, whoever was behind this would no doubt consider that a minor setback. They would strike again, rendering my sacrifice futile. Whatever happened to me, I had to do what I could to ensure someone would pick up their trail.

The crowd had turned towards me after the gunshot. They feared what I would do next.

SpoilerShow
(09-07-2016, 10:30 PM)btp Wrote: »She was dead. And I was holding the gun.

Passes rule 2, and I'll say this is a definite rule 4 pass. Which is, in the end, my own dang fault, but whatever.

(09-07-2016, 10:30 PM)btp Wrote: »
(09-21-2015, 02:53 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »She was dead. And I was holding the gun.

SpoilerShow

Also passes rules 2 and 4.
(09-11-2016, 04:45 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(09-06-2016, 11:08 PM)Pharmacy Wrote: »Broker peace by destroying both sides.

I was tired of this interruption. It was spoiling the illusion of the two identical castles. I was not about to go scouring the globe for yet more lookalikes, especially for the celest. Few actors can adequately portray one.

Even Milton, my patron, was unnecessary at this point. Having given up all interest in the throne, he was simply a wealthy fool, and I had claimed a good portion of his wealth.

Besides, both heirs were within my grasp now. If I were to eliminate them both, it would cause a crisis of succession; one which I could surely turn to my advantage.

The only question was which of the many elaborate mechanisms at my disposal I would turn against them.

(09-06-2016, 11:03 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Release the bees

That's when I hit the button to call my beekeeper and his lookalike.

"I have a new script for you," I said.

"OW!" both beekeepers screamed. "Video, I appreciate the salary and all, but I thought beekeeping involved protective equipment. Not just being covered in bees all the time."

"Art requires suffering," I said. "In this case, yours. And in the name of art, I require you to pass that suffering along to others. There are two interlopers in each castle, with no counterparts in the other. Destroy them. Oh, and the Duke of Remdat in the pizza castle has not succumbed to death's embrace yet, so take care of that inconsistency while you're at it."

"What about the bees, though?" they asked.

I didn't bother answering. I knew they wouldn't understand.

Really, this entire matter with the castles was a mere distraction at this point. Thanks to Milton's impulsiveness, I now had more than enough money to begin directing resources towards my master plan.

Which was, of course...
(09-11-2016, 04:47 AM)btp Wrote: »
(09-11-2016, 04:45 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(09-06-2016, 11:08 PM)Pharmacy Wrote: »Broker peace by destroying both sides.

I was tired of this interruption. It was spoiling the illusion of the two identical castles. I was not about to go scouring the globe for yet more lookalikes, especially for the celest. Few actors can adequately portray one.

Even Milton, my patron, was unnecessary at this point. Having given up all interest in the throne, he was simply a wealthy fool, and I had claimed a good portion of his wealth.

Besides, both heirs were within my grasp now. If I were to eliminate them both, it would cause a crisis of succession; one which I could surely turn to my advantage.

The only question was which of the many elaborate mechanisms at my disposal I would turn against them.

(09-06-2016, 11:03 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Release the bees

That's when I hit the button to call my beekeeper and his lookalike.

"I have a new script for you," I said.

"OW!" both beekeepers screamed. "Video, I appreciate the salary and all, but I thought beekeeping involved protective equipment. Not just being covered in bees all the time."

"Art requires suffering," I said. "In this case, yours. And in the name of art, I require you to pass that suffering along to others. There are two interlopers in each castle, with no counterparts in the other. Destroy them. Oh, and the Duke of Remdat in the pizza castle has not succumbed to death's embrace yet, so take care of that inconsistency while you're at it."

"What about the bees, though?" they asked.

I didn't bother answering. I knew they wouldn't understand.

Really, this entire matter with the castles was a mere distraction at this point. Thanks to Milton's impulsiveness, I now had more than enough money to begin directing resources towards my master plan.

Which was, of course...

Passes no rules.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASINSAAAAAAA
Me, Reyweld, and ____ go way back. In fact, we were the three original deities that created this world.

Some of my prized creations include ____, _______, ect.

((This post passes rule 5 gobble ;) ))
Sig:
SpoilerShow
((I just found that post in my ~15 drafts, stored from a time long forgotten))
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(09-22-2016, 07:17 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »Me, Reyweld, and ____ go way back. In fact, we were the three original deities that created this world.

Some of my prized creations include ____, _______, ect.

((This post passes rule 5 gobble ;) ))

Passes no rules.

(09-22-2016, 07:18 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »((I just found that post in my ~15 drafts, stored from a time long forgotten))

Passes no rules.
Hint:

Rules 3 and 5 involve specific words which no one has used this round.

There's more to them than just using the words, but if they get used this round I'll note that you're on the right track.

Rule 3's word has occasionally come up in Civ posts, and also in a few posts in the Belushi round.

Rule 5's word has not come up in this thread in any useful way, though. The only posts with it were qwerx's posts with a lot of words, and the Bee Movie script. Both are too extensive to be all that useful in narrowing it down.

To save you the trouble of splitting those posts up to figure out the word, I'll give you a more direct hint on that one.

What's up?
dog