Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG
The strange man just raises an eyebrow, shrugs, and heads off to Port Town with his Pokemon.

Viking, Thief, and Child
ALE TOWN POKEMON CENTER
12:07 PM

Same thing you've all seen before. Pink haired nurse, lodging and trading upstairs, tables and sofas, donation box, yada yada yada. Somebody did underline the 'Please' on 'Please donate' above the donation box. With like, five different markers.

You all hand over your Pokemon and the nurse smiles as she takes them and puts their balls onto the machine.

There are a number of other trainers in the Pokemon center, with a young couple sitting on a couch together while their pokemon look kind of bored, a few people at one of the tables eating something that must have come from the machines near the lodging area, and three guys who are wearing sunglasses indoors, all with electric Pokemon.

Photographer but not yet really
ALE TOWN POKEMON RANGERS
As you enter the Ranger Station, a clerk perks up and asks if you have any problems that requires the help of the Rangers. She seems to dim a little. She doesn't have any lists of what Pokemon are around, because that's not exactly their job, but she has heard a few things about what may be around from Rangers returning from missions. Like there are a lot of reports of sea monsters in a pond on Route 300, but it turned out there were a couple of psychic trainers going at it with each other over some kind of chemical, and that's just some kind of illusion of sorts. Somebody is out in Spirit Town trying to get an expert on the subject to help get that fixed.
Other than that, there are some ghost pokemon on the route to Spirit Town, and on the way to Stout City are supposedly tons of a few particular grass Pokemon, but she never sees huge groups of them like she's been described when she takes the route.

Musician
ALE TOWN POKEMART
As per usual, the popular items are listed upfront with prices.

Poke Ball - 150P
Great Ball - 250P
Potion - 200P
Antidote - 200P
Awakening - 200P
Paralyze Heal - 200P
Repel - 200P
HMA1 Cut - 750P
TM40 Aerieal Ace - 2800P

They sell S'Mores kits for 200P, and that comes with enough for 10 S'Mores.

Capturer
QUITE CAMP
Quite Camp is a place with surprisingly pink interiors for a camping store. There's a sign advertising that bedrolls are on sale for 250P each. Near the front of the store is a row of cooking supplies. Frying pans, campfire sticks, cooking spray, probably quite a bit of stuff that would be impractical camping. Most of the rest is for camping itself. Campire kits, tents, the aforementioned on sale bedrolls. If you look for what you need, you can probably find it.
Bastion continues his pattern of staring at interesting people and abusing his low WIS to ask what is the deal with the electric sunglassesclad trio. He fingers his pokedex and is like dudes what have you got there only he doesn't say it like that.
Tori scans the lovebirds' Pokemon, seeing as they're not liable to notice whatever she's up to.

She also does her usual surveying of the place for lootables.
Raphael browses the selection for a bit. "U-um...storekeep? Is..is this all you have?"
"Oh, nice." Clifton buys HMA1 and two great balls, stares sadly at TM40, and then buys a single s'mores kit. Then he heads after Raphael to Quite Camp, and looks for aforementioned hunting knife.
Sturm immediately challenges the three be-glassesed trainers to a BATTLE OF TRUE MEN.
Clifton
You enter Quite Camp and do find a selection of hunting knives, with the cheaper ones going for 350P.

Raphael
The shopkeeper stares confusedly a bit. He looks around at the shelves upon shelves of stock they've got.
"...you want MORE?"
SpoilerShow

Tori
The Pokemon at the feet of the couple seem to be a Magby, a fire pokemon, and a Snorunt, an ice pokemon.

Sturm
The one who seems to be the leader of the three lowers his sunglasses at Sturm.
"You wanna take us on? Like, all of us?"

WHOOPS ALSO BASTION
They seem preoccupied with the viking but you still Pokedex their pokemon. They've got an Electabuzz, a Magnemite, and a Pachirisu.
"I think maybe we should go to Spirit Town next. There seems to be a lot happening there."

AND THEN PC.
Tori hears Sturm getting into some kind of trouble or another, but thinks to scan the Douchetacular Squad's Pokemon before proceeding.
Clifton sighs and forks over almost all of his remaining money for a sturdy hunting knife, then heads off to the Pokemon Center to get Calloway patched up and see if he can earn any money.
Yeah, basically.
"Meep!"

Raphael shrinks away and browses around the back of the store instead, looking for sleeping bags and (possibly) fishing rods.
Marc
You make your way to the Pokemon Center, where something seems to be going down with some of your group. You get your pokemon healed.

Clifton
Same.

Sturm
"Alright, if that's how you wanna do it, let's go ahead!"
He looks at the Electabuzz "Lemmy, let's ge-"
"HEY!"
One of the less potentially cloned staff members looks a bit miffed.
"If you're going to fight, do it in one of the rooms on the trading floor!"
She points slightly angrily at the escalator.

The leader of this jolly group of electric trainers grumbles and starts leading his posse towards the trading floor.

Tori
Electabuzz, Magnemite, Pachirisu. Yep.

Raphael
Bedrolls are, as advertised, a mere 250P. You also find Old Rods for 100P and Good Rods for 300
"Uuuuuugh fuck it."

Tori raises a hand to tap Sturm on the shoulder, then thinks better of it and intercepts him before the escalator.

"Dude, you don't have enough creatures to fight all of them. You've got two. They've got three." She raises a couple fingers to demonstrate, stares at him as though trying to figure out whether it's clicked, then groans again.

"Uuuuugh look. If you need a hand, I guesss I can help. It's not like I've got far to walk to patch Natalie up again anyway."
Raphael, with a little difficulty, hoists the bag of sleeping from its shelf. Gabby holds on to a Good Rod while he's at it.

She slides 550P over the counter, and departs with a something between 'meep' and 'thank you'.

Outside, the two of them work to affix the bedroll in a position that lets Gabby use it as a cushion, because Raltses deserve to travel in style.

Next stop, Pokemart! You see some of the rest of your group running into the Center, but you figure things can wait.
Bastion follows and intercepts the duo, "Torrrrrrrri, no your only pokemon are weak to theirs! You'll get floored! However, me and Hrothgar can help!" He looks around the center and notices Clifton there. "And him!" He points at the dude and drags him up to the fighty fight times, he stops back with Tori though, "Also You've been a but hurt haven't you? You should go to the clinic, don't worry, a silly battle isn't as important as your health! We'll be fine!" He gives her a huuuuuuuuuuge smile before continuing to drag the musician upward.
"Uh, okay. I could probably use the fight money anyway. Just don't blame me if they beat the crap out of us." Clifton attempts to outpace Bastion to at least off-set the dragging.
"Woahwoahwoahwoahwoah hold it."

Tori grabs Bastion by whichever hand he isn't using to drag Clifton along with, regardless of whether or not he's already moving up the elevator.

"Natalie wiped the floor with Sturm's horse, why aren't you telling him his Pokemon are weak?"

She glances up at Sturm. Not a lot of other directions you can glance, when it comes to him.

"Uh, no offense. But seriously," Tori grumbles at Bastion, "I'll be fine! It's not like I have to march into the damn fight with my bird."
SpoilerShow
This is no time to stand around talking! Why, there's fighting to be had!

Sturm grabs Bastion and Clifton - he does have to prove himself to Tori, after all - and charges headlong up the "down" esca- woah no agh

Sturm scrambles back down the escalator and makes his away across the Pokemon center to the "up" escalator with Bastion and Clifton in tow.
"No, no, no, those things use lightning and thunder! Natalie flies."
"That still makes no fucking sense!" is Tori's frustrated reply, only as Bastion is hopefully out of earshot.

She tosses her arms up in the air in a "fuck all this" pose, before deciding to not grace them with her presence and instead get patched up at the clinic.

She glances about the town mistrustfully, expecting Oak to remind her of her responsibilities to the team at any moment.
TEAM FOIGHT

[Image: pCDGb.png]

Health and Status
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Raphael
The Popular Items list is still the same since Clifton's visit.

Poke Ball - 150P
Great Ball - 250P
Potion - 200P
Antidote - 200P
Awakening - 200P
Paralyze Heal - 200P
Repel - 200P
HMA1 Cut - 750P
TM40 Aerieal Ace - 2800P

Tori
As if on cue, Professor Oak is right next to the Clinic, an open bottle of Ale Town Ale in one hand, and an as of yet unopened bottle in the other.
"Apricorn energy is not stored air-tight, and that energy leaks, it's technically in the air around us all the time! Now, as you know, different Apricorns have a different taste, and that has different effects. These lingering effects in the air have an interesting effect on Pokemon, making them particularly susceptible to certain types of moves. Generally these make sense, but sometimes the weaknesses go a bit off kilter, like how psychic pokemon are vulnerable to bug type moves!"

He takes a swig of Ale, and holds out the unopened bottle.

"Drink?"
"... Fine."

Tori checks the bottle's properly sealed, before taking her weight off her feet by slumping against the Clinic. She sends out Molly, as yet unwilling to see what kind of an attitude problem her Chatot's got.

"I still don't get it. I mean, I can totally see how she'd easily electrocute a fish or something, but I'm pretty fucking sure I read somewhere you don't get hurt if it doesn't travel through you to the ground. Shouldn't birds be fine?"

She takes a swig of Ale Town Ale, having officially given up and just rolling with the lunacy.

"So... lemme get this straight. My bird's going to wreck the shit out of Bug types or Fighting types or whatever, but face her off against a Rock Pokemon and she's up shit creek? Does the rock have to just bump into her, or drop rocks on her head, or what?"

"More to the point, who the hell learns this shit?"
Raphael looks over the list. Doesn't anyone stock Ethers in this town?

"Um...excuse me...u-um..."

She succeeds in attracting the storekeepers' attention, only to find the words sticking in her throat.

In desperation, Gabby holds up behind her a crudely drawn picture of an Ether, followed by a question mark.

[Image: ether.png]