Post making contest 1.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 1.0
RE: Post making contest
ABCDEFGH?
If it's not total length, maybe it's number of times a particular character appears. I should take another look at those posts that violated it when combined.
So the post where I quoted both of those posts didn't violate Rule 5.

What we can conclude is that the state of Rule 5 can change in both ways by adding to a post.

This suggests to me that Rule 5 is based on counting something and checking if that number has some property or other.
a

Okay so rule one is that it cannot be the same as a previous post in the thread.

Is that difficult to check?*

Rule 3 ;)
(04-23-2016, 05:28 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »ABCDEFGH

This post violates rules 1, 2, 3 and 4.

(04-23-2016, 05:28 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »ABCDEFGH?

This post violates rules 1, 2 and 4.

(04-23-2016, 05:29 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »If it's not total length, maybe it's number of times a particular character appears. I should take another look at those posts that violated it when combined.

(04-23-2016, 05:32 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »So the post where I quoted both of those posts didn't violate Rule 5.

What we can conclude is that the state of Rule 5 can change in both ways by adding to a post.

This suggests to me that Rule 5 is based on counting something and checking if that number has some property or other.

(04-23-2016, 05:33 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »a

Okay so rule one is that it cannot be the same as a previous post in the thread.

Rule 3 ;)

This post violates rules 1 and 4.

Rule 3 ;)

A?
Sig:
SpoilerShow
This post fails rule 5. I don't know about the rest of the rules. Probably them as well tbh.
(04-23-2016, 05:42 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »9

(04-23-2016, 05:42 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »

Rule 3 ;)

A?

This post violates rules 1, 4 and 5.

(04-23-2016, 05:47 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »This post fails rule 5. I don't know about the rest of the rules. Probably them as well tbh.

(I'm so sorry)

(also I'm gonna go have dinner now)
Sruixan Wrote:
Ixcaliber Wrote:This post fails rule 5. I don't know about the rest of the rules. Probably them as well tbh.

(I'm so sorry)

Melonspa

(this post doesn't break the fifth rule?)
I added one character (not counting spaces and line breaks) to a Rule 5-violating post and it was Rule 5-compliant. I think it's a modulus thing, but it's not worth worrying about the details. If someone makes a post and it breaks Rule 5 but no others, just add one letter to it.

Rule 1 is the stumper, as we've seen identical posts both succeed and fail with it.

Rule 4 is the most-broken one.

Rule 3? I think we've got that one.

No idea what Rule 2 is, but we're not breaking it nearly as much as the rest.
fogel all the rules are the stumper tbh
(04-22-2016, 03:12 PM)Lankie Wrote: »Winky ;)*&+
(04-22-2016, 03:12 PM)Lankie Wrote: »Winky ;)*&?
(04-23-2016, 06:01 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
Sruixan Wrote:
Ixcaliber Wrote:This post fails rule 5. I don't know about the rest of the rules. Probably them as well tbh.

(I'm so sorry)

Melonspa

(this post doesn't break the fifth rule?)

This post violates rule 4.

(04-23-2016, 06:08 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I added one character (not counting spaces and line breaks) to a Rule 5-violating post and it was Rule 5-compliant. I think it's a modulus thing, but it's not worth worrying about the details. If someone makes a post and it breaks Rule 5 but no others, just add one letter to it.

Rule 1 is the stumper, as we've seen identical posts both succeed and fail with it.

Rule 4 is the most-broken one.

Rule 3? I think we've got that one.

No idea what Rule 2 is, but we're not breaking it nearly as much as the rest.

This post violates rules 1, 4 and 5.

(04-23-2016, 06:09 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »fogel all the rules are the stumper tbh

This post violates rules 1 (strictly speaking), 2, 3 and 5.

(04-23-2016, 06:13 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(04-22-2016, 03:12 PM)Lankie Wrote: »Winky ;)*&+

This post violates rules 1, 3 and 5.

(04-23-2016, 06:14 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »

This post violates rules 1 and 5.

!

a
If either of those posts only violates Rule 1, then I think you should tell us if spamming said post can potentially get us a win.

And if spamming it can work, then just end the round there because we'll just spam it until it works.
maybe some of us might but i'm over here trying to understand the rules thank you very much
This whole thing is over my head but I take great pleasure in knowing my Winky could be instrumental in solving this mystery.
(04-23-2016, 06:28 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »

!

This post violates rule 1.

(04-23-2016, 06:29 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »

a

This post violates rule 1.

(04-23-2016, 06:30 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »If either of those posts only violates Rule 1, then I think you should tell us if spamming said post can potentially get us a win.

And if spamming it can work, then just end the round there because we'll just spam it until it works.

Simply spamming either of the above two posts wouldn't quite work, I'm afraid. Something else would need to be done.

This post violates rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(04-23-2016, 06:33 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »maybe some of us might but i'm over here trying to understand the rules thank you very much

(04-23-2016, 06:37 PM)Lankie Wrote: »This whole thing is over my head but I take great pleasure in knowing my Winky could be instrumental in solving this mystery.

Rule 3: Question?

Rule 5: Relates to character count, I'm not concerned with the exact details because it's simple enough to make a non-compliant post work.

Rule 1: Identical posts from the same people have gotten different results. Signatures and post titles seem irrelevant. This either relates to posts before the actual post, or to something else that varies inherently from one post to another - which leaves post number, ID, or time of posting. (Could be if the Xth character on the page is in the post or something like that.)

Rule 4: I have no idea. Quoting this one Lankiepost and modifying what's in the quote has given the best results so far.

Rule 2: Also not idea but we're not breaking it as often.
Okay, we're only violating Rule 1 now. Winning is just a matter of posting that Lankie-quote under the right circumstances.

Any ideas?
I don't think it's post number or time of post I'm comparing successful rule 1 passes and I can't see any real correlation there, plus if it was just that then hey sooner or later you might stumble across the correct conditions whilst spamming.
I think it might have something to do with the content of the previous post. Or, possibly the previous post that isn't Sruixan telling us which rules were broken.