This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
I agree Ed! Let's use the ultimate topic generator to see what we should talk about!

SpoilerShow

So yeah I got nothing.

Edit: wait I don't get the connection between "make extra subforum" and "people stop talking"
Clearly we speak as a group with our subforums

If we have enough of them we will never need to talk again, all of our thoughts will already be out there
Mehg's got a point. If we had one subforum for every thought that humanity can express, there wouldn't be a lot to do except post about our individual agreement or disagreement with the concept each subforum represented.

...now I'm kind of wondering about this as a fictional construct and if there are any stories you can tell about it.
Clearly this is all because of my daddy issues - I have this perverse desire to create and ruin a forum of my very own. Then I will truly be amongst the internet greats. Prooobably should've explained this to Pines before he got roped onto my sinking complex, but whatevs.

I personally have not been posting because a) I am shit at posting b) have been both unsociable and insufferable of late and c) school maybe??

No but seriously my cynical bitchisms are even starting to get on my nerves, how do you people even put up with my histrionics
because i know that you are a nice person and i love you :c
hissssss

it burns
Hey! Histrionics is totally an offensive term and not a word that predates its use by psychologists! How dare you call yourself that!
I thought it was a type of music.

Like history-techno
I'd listen to histrionics
Guy Fieri's wikipedia page was vandalised by Homestucks.

Wikipedia, as of about five minutes ago Wrote:Guy Fieri ([Image: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png] /ˈɡaɪ fiːˈɛri/; born January 22, 1968 as Guy Ferry[1]) is the third and final Antichrist as well as a United States restaurateur, author, television personality, Supreme Court Justice, and game show host. He co-owns five restaurants in California[3] and is widely known for his television series on the Food Network.

And people wonder why the fandom gets a bad rap.
Man, why hasn't anyone added Kickboxer Einstein to the 1984 Wiki Article?

I feel like this is just a sort of inevitable thing given the sort of fans that hussie has and their age group. When you get a bunch of kids together in any sort of feedback of similar thoughts, you get a lot of idiots thinking that Prank Calling Betty Crocker will be super hilarious and have no repercussions.
It certainly doesn't help that Hussie has all of these real world references in his webcomic, which lends to this sort of thing! (i assume that the same sort of thing would happen if anime's referenced real products and companies and put them into that sort of position of VILLAINY)

On that note, is it legal to publish a book with like, all of the things that homestuck has taken wholesale? Like I know that What Pumpkin paid the royalties and such for Mr. Bowman's covers, but I am curious if all of this stuff is something he can actually do.
Edit: somehow missed a page? What are you doing computer
It's a webcomic that venerates the sort of internet dickishness that gives fandoms bad raps and is written by an author who is frankly Not A Nice Person and many of whose fans just love watching him troll someone so hard ecks deeeee

It's bound to have problems and attract unpleasant sorts!

Obviously everyone who reads it isn't bad, or even a majority or even many. But like every group, there are fringes that give them all a bad name and and the sort of things latched onto by people who like Homestuck for what could be considered the wrong reasons are very visible in a venue like the internet. Visible to everyone. Because it's encouraged among that sort of clique. Being loud and obnoxious is the point, rather than the side effect.
Can't help but think that that is partially age group related.
So hey guys, which historical landmark should we spraypaint with "WOOP ZOOP" first? Are there any closely related to eagles?
I was just going to try tying woop zoop capes onto existing bald eagles.

but I suppose really any bird-themed statue would do.
(04-26-2012, 04:08 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »So hey guys, which historical landmark should we spraypaint with "WOOP ZOOP" first? Are there any closely related to eagles?

Easy

Geographic North and South Poles
If we staged an expedition to the north pole, I think we'd win the award for "Coolest Forum Meetup"
There's nothing to do there, though

Except swim

Or sink

Or hang on for dear life to an iceberg and hope for rescue.
Befriend polar bears, perhaps. Or look for remains of lost expeditions!
Clearly, we need to make this an expedition to keep the polar ice caps cold.

So, let's see. Fans would be good, right?
Fogel, what about making the ice-caps hospitable to eagles? We should set up a north pole aviary for birds of prey. Then fill it full of rabbits or something.

Ecology.
(04-26-2012, 02:58 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Clearly this is all because of my daddy issues - I have this perverse desire to create and ruin a forum of my very own. Then I will truly be amongst the internet greats. Prooobably should've explained this to Pines before he got roped onto my sinking complex, but whatevs.

I personally have not been posting because a) I am shit at posting b) have been both unsociable and insufferable of late and c) school maybe??

No but seriously my cynical bitchisms are even starting to get on my nerves, how do you people even put up with my histrionics

You're doing a horrible job promoting the brand.

Edit: No wait, or is it "The Brand"?
To be fair my face would not look good on an eagle, a merchandise, or an eagle-related merchandise.

Having said that, it's a one-off vintage collector's item so I do have a bit of an attachment to it.
I'd so wear a Schazeagle shirt

(04-26-2012, 05:23 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Befriend polar bears, perhaps. Or look for remains of lost expeditions!

We're already friends with the only polar bear that matters

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]