Le wow! I did it!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Post making contest

Weird.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(08-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »☺♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔ emoticons?

Passes rule 2

(08-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »Hmm that didn't work like I wanted.

Passes rules 1, 2 and 5!

(08-07-2016, 01:27 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »Nope I don't know how you made that magic post Kíeros. You are just magic and that's that.

Passes rule 5!

(08-07-2016, 01:27 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »[dangerous material enclosed]

Passes rules 1 and 2

(08-07-2016, 01:28 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »Le wow! I did it!

Passes rule 1

(08-07-2016, 01:28 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »[more danger possible]

Weird.

Passes rules 1 and 2
This is update #223.
  • Smiffy has made peace with Sydney and has a settler headed for the coast? Well, colour me impressed...
  • As previously discussed with qwerx, keshiks are pretty amazing. Strictly speaking Arabia's camel archers are stronger, but the keshik-khan combo is capable of crushing entire continents... so long as you know what you're doing...
  • Turn 102, Rythian's science is 98. The Yogs bandy about the "100 science by turn 100" thing every other game or so, and while it's an ineffectively unnuanced benchmark, it's nice to see that Rythian is nearly at triple digits... unlike some people...
  • You may have forgotten that Sjin declared on Rythian. I sure had.
  • Mark: "what are Sjin and Trott doing?!" well Trott is trying to figure out how the route-to road building mode works (answer: it doesn't) and while we can't see Sjin's screen I am prepared to bet he is blankly staring at the fucking ocean again
  • Mark has retaliating for Trott's earlier forward settle with a forward settle of his own. Within in a few centuries, the political map of this region will be totally fucked.
  • For the record, Ife is pronounced "ee-fay". I did just have to google that.
  • Now, who here is confident that Sjin can put the Terracotta Army to good use? Anyone?
  • Sjin: "I'm talking to the viewers here" as far as I can tell you are just mumbling
  • ...all those unimproved tiles around Attila's Court...
  • TOM HASN'T EVEN GOT PHILOSOPHY
  • Rythian: "was it you who built the Terracotta Army?" Sjin: "No"
  • YOU CAN CHECK WHAT WONDERS PEOPLE HAVE BUILT IN THE DIPLOMACY OVERVIEW
  • ...see, had Smiffy founded Babylon Invisilon seventy turns ago...
  • Trott: "if you don't make friends, you're gonna make enemies, you know that, right?"
  • *thirty seconds later*
  • Trott: "I'm probably gonna fuck you up, mate"
  • Trott is now scared of catapults it is 940AD
  • Smiffy declared war on Sjin in order to move his scout out of Mongolian territory, a minute after Sjin said he'd offer open borders, and so Sjin killed the scout while Smiffy was struggling to determine how to offer peace. Priceless.
  • okay that army of Sjin's is walking to Morocco and I don't think Rythian has a particularly large army
  • Rythian: "listen, Trott, eventually you're gonna have to pick a side. There are the good guys, who are us, and then there's Sjin"
  • Trott please Egyptian War Chariots are also not scary in 980AD
  • SMIFFY DON'T DECLARE ON SYDNEY AGAIN
  • oh good Rythian is aware of the invasion force Sjin is sending
  • so this is the point where Tom's footage cuts out and a slate has been put up saying "If you wanted to see his stats? Sorry, bucko. That ain't a thing not more. Good luck analysing this, Reddit." Well, this is not Reddit, but I'm gonna analyse Tom's position anyway - it's shit.
  • actually when this episode is over I should go and see what Reddit are saying about this series I haven't checked in a while
  • oh wow Tom and Trott are going to fuck Mark up again
  • honestly I can't see anyone other than Rythian winning this game he's the only player with the experience of late-game required to actually achieve a win condition, with the possible exception of Paul "why can't I move my keshiks over four hills in one go" Sykes
  • (also they probably haven't turned off time victory)
  • Trott you have already attacked with that knight please stop trying to attack with it while Mark murders your only other melee unit
  • Smiffy: "I don't know what I'm doing so wrong" WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO WRITE YOU A LIST
  • okay so Reddit pointed out a lot of things like Trott deleting his workers and Rythian going commerce and Tom only having two trade route slots and Trott losing vision on Dark Magician and not being able to figure out why he couldn't catapult it and that Tom the Hun is now the only player not at war I mean wow

tl;dr - *whimper*

End of message.
Morning Sruix. If i would like to engage in watching people be bad at Sid Meier's Civilization V where would be a good place to start so as to best understand the context of what is happening? Also you threatened a questionnaire that never materialized last night and I was pretty dang hyped to see what real good questions you were going to strike back with.
Afternoon Ix. Each season of civ is pretty much self-contained, bar the jabs and jives associated with the ever-growing meta, so if you have three hours to spare you could just watch the whole of this one. Otherwise, I would watch the first to get a feel of who everyone is and what they're doing, then pick up again about episode five maybe? Dunno if I'd even recommend watching this in the first place if I'm honest, but still... as for the questionnaire, that is a good point, I had forgotten, I will endeavour to put something together...
thanks sruix

thruix
okay I have fixed my bluetooth issue (hopefully!) so it is time to think of some questions
sruix please see a dentist you are not qualified to handle teeth so spectacularly discoloured
these are the jokes folks.

i hope everyone's having a good time here in the Post Making ContestTM.
1. How many items are you able to juggle?
2. Why is the sky blue?
3. Well, what do you know?
4. What is the first word that comes into your head?
5. What is the first word that comes into my head?
5. When was the last time you contracted scurvy?
6. What is your favourite?
7. Who am I to disagree?
8a. Is the answer to this question "fuck yeah"?
8b. Is the answer to this question "hell no"?
8c. Is the answer to this question "none of the above"?
8d. Is the answer to this question "all of the above"?
8e. Is the answer to this question?
9. Why isn't the sky green?
10. Name an animal, any animal.
11. Name a vegetable, likewise.
12. Name a mineral, you get the drill.
13. Name an other.
14. Name another.
15. Name an unholy conglomeration of animal, vegetable, mineral, other and another.
16. What time is it?
17. How many questions were you planning to answer?
18. If a train leaves the station at Corfe Castle on a day with light drizzle at 7:36am and travels east towards Swanage at a speed of 60mph, and at 7:52am a train leaves Swanage and travels west at a speed of 69mph, only entering the patch of drizzle two miles eastwards, then given that the driver of the first train didn't have their morning coffee and the second is frantically trying to figure out rule 3, and that there are some llamas on the line at Harman's Cross that don't intend to budge any time soon, why are you still reading this?
19. Which came first, the chicken or the omelette?
20. What is the last question you would like to be asked?
also I am actually going to the dentist Tuesday morning but not because of any unusual colouring it's just a checkup
My brain, still in the zone for putting new spins on old questions, has just graced me "when did you stop beating your waifu?"

There is one google search result for this.

...I thought you'd all like to know that...
Here's my questionnaire, this is for qwerx.

1. What is going on with Rule 1?
2. What on earth Rule 2?
3. What the hell is Rule 3?
4. What in God's name is Rule 4?
5. WTF is Rule 5!?
(08-07-2016, 03:10 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »1. How many items are you able to juggle?
2. Why is the sky blue?
7. Who am I to disagree?
13. Name an other.
14. Name another.
15. Name an unholy conglomeration of animal, vegetable, mineral, other and another.
16. What time is it?
18. If a train leaves the station at Corfe Castle on a day with light drizzle at 7:36am and travels east towards Swanage at a speed of 60mph, and at 7:52am a train leaves Swanage and travels west at a speed of 69mph, only entering the patch of drizzle two miles eastwards, then given that the driver of the first train didn't have their morning coffee and the second is frantically trying to figure out rule 3, and that there are some llamas on the line at Harman's Cross that don't intend to budge any time soon, why are you still reading this?

1. I promise you I cannot be reliably relied upon to juggle a single object.
2. Back in 1502 Albrecht Dürer, an ambitious German painter, was sick of that unsightly mauve sky and just took it upon himself to redecorate. Blue was his favourite colour for backgrounds, so he decided to paint the whole of the sky the colour we have come to know and love. This endeavour took until 1521 because seriously there's a lot of sky, but ultimately I think Albrecht did a pretty good job.
3. Wells are good sources of information on the following subjects: masonry, macrobiology, the collected works of Agatha Christie, the third season (and only the third season) of NBCs hit superhero drama Heroes, ancient Mesopotamia, road safety, pressure systems, the scurv, cheat codes for the Sega Genesis, the personal life of composer Igor Stravinsky (just his personal life though, don't ask about his music, wells hate that), forms of media that sync up and reveal secret messages when played at the same time and pogs.
4. [Image: abstract-9.jpg]
5. 291
5. Back in question 3 when I referred to it as 'the scurv'
6. Sister Clara
7. Sruixan
8a. Nah
8b. Nope
8c. Not really
8d. Negative
8e. Nuh uh
8f. Blancmange
9. They don't make skypaint like they used to.
10. Malcolm
11. Likewise
12. Kyparite (I'll pm you my address so you can send me the drill)
13. Benjamin Linus
14. Bramblepelt
15. Malikypaminpelt
16. Electronic gull time
17. All of them 'natch.
18. I'm not. I skimmed straight to the end to see if the question was like 'what is the train driver's name' or something similar.
19. Omelette. Not a lot of people know chickens evolved from ducks that were fed exclusively omelettes for thousands of years.
20. What is a question?
(08-07-2016, 05:28 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »20. What is a question?

A miserable pile of secrets.
Ix I very narrowly avoided having to explain why I was laughing so much to my gran thank you for that
(08-07-2016, 10:48 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #223.
  • Smiffy has made peace with Sydney and has a settler headed for the coast? Well, colour me impressed...
  • As previously discussed with qwerx, keshiks are pretty amazing. Strictly speaking Arabia's camel archers are stronger, but the keshik-khan combo is capable of crushing entire continents... so long as you know what you're doing...
  • Turn 102, Rythian's science is 98. The Yogs bandy about the "100 science by turn 100" thing every other game or so, and while it's an ineffectively unnuanced benchmark, it's nice to see that Rythian is nearly at triple digits... unlike some people...
  • You may have forgotten that Sjin declared on Rythian. I sure had.
  • Mark: "what are Sjin and Trott doing?!" well Trott is trying to figure out how the route-to road building mode works (answer: it doesn't) and while we can't see Sjin's screen I am prepared to bet he is blankly staring at the fucking ocean again
  • Mark has retaliating for Trott's earlier forward settle with a forward settle of his own. Within in a few centuries, the political map of this region will be totally fucked.
  • For the record, Ife is pronounced "ee-fay". I did just have to google that.
  • Now, who here is confident that Sjin can put the Terracotta Army to good use? Anyone?
  • Sjin: "I'm talking to the viewers here" as far as I can tell you are just mumbling
  • ...all those unimproved tiles around Attila's Court...
  • TOM HASN'T EVEN GOT PHILOSOPHY
  • Rythian: "was it you who built the Terracotta Army?" Sjin: "No"
  • YOU CAN CHECK WHAT WONDERS PEOPLE HAVE BUILT IN THE DIPLOMACY OVERVIEW
  • ...see, had Smiffy founded Babylon Invisilon seventy turns ago...
  • Trott: "if you don't make friends, you're gonna make enemies, you know that, right?"
  • *thirty seconds later*
  • Trott: "I'm probably gonna fuck you up, mate"
  • Trott is now scared of catapults it is 940AD
  • Smiffy declared war on Sjin in order to move his scout out of Mongolian territory, a minute after Sjin said he'd offer open borders, and so Sjin killed the scout while Smiffy was struggling to determine how to offer peace. Priceless.
  • okay that army of Sjin's is walking to Morocco and I don't think Rythian has a particularly large army
  • Rythian: "listen, Trott, eventually you're gonna have to pick a side. There are the good guys, who are us, and then there's Sjin"
  • Trott please Egyptian War Chariots are also not scary in 980AD
  • SMIFFY DON'T DECLARE ON SYDNEY AGAIN
  • oh good Rythian is aware of the invasion force Sjin is sending
  • so this is the point where Tom's footage cuts out and a slate has been put up saying "If you wanted to see his stats? Sorry, bucko. That ain't a thing not more. Good luck analysing this, Reddit." Well, this is not Reddit, but I'm gonna analyse Tom's position anyway - it's shit.
  • actually when this episode is over I should go and see what Reddit are saying about this series I haven't checked in a while
  • oh wow Tom and Trott are going to fuck Mark up again
  • honestly I can't see anyone other than Rythian winning this game he's the only player with the experience of late-game required to actually achieve a win condition, with the possible exception of Paul "why can't I move my keshiks over four hills in one go" Sykes
  • (also they probably haven't turned off time victory)
  • Trott you have already attacked with that knight please stop trying to attack with it while Mark murders your only other melee unit
  • Smiffy: "I don't know what I'm doing so wrong" WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO WRITE YOU A LIST
  • okay so Reddit pointed out a lot of things like Trott deleting his workers and Rythian going commerce and Tom only having two trade route slots and Trott losing vision on Dark Magician and not being able to figure out why he couldn't catapult it and that Tom the Hun is now the only player not at war I mean wow

tl;dr - *whimper*

End of message.

Passes none of the rules

(08-07-2016, 12:08 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Morning Sruix. If i would like to engage in watching people be bad at Sid Meier's Civilization V where would be a good place to start so as to best understand the context of what is happening? Also you threatened a questionnaire that never materialized last night and I was pretty dang hyped to see what real good questions you were going to strike back with.

Passes rule 5

(08-07-2016, 01:49 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Afternoon Ix. Each season of civ is pretty much self-contained, bar the jabs and jives associated with the ever-growing meta, so if you have three hours to spare you could just watch the whole of this one. Otherwise, I would watch the first to get a feel of who everyone is and what they're doing, then pick up again about episode five maybe? Dunno if I'd even recommend watching this in the first place if I'm honest, but still... as for the questionnaire, that is a good point, I had forgotten, I will endeavour to put something together...

Passes none of the rules

(08-07-2016, 02:35 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »thanks sruix

thruix

Passes rule 4

(08-07-2016, 03:00 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »okay I have fixed my bluetooth issue (hopefully!) so it is time to think of some questions

Passes rule 2

(08-07-2016, 03:07 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »sruix please see a dentist you are not qualified to handle teeth so spectacularly discoloured

Passes rules 2 and 5

(08-07-2016, 03:08 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »these are the jokes folks.

i hope everyone's having a good time here in the Post Making ContestTM.

Passes rule 1

2. Why is the sky blue?
7. Who am I to disagree?
13. Name an other.
14. Name another.
16. What time is it?

Passes none of the rules

(08-07-2016, 03:11 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »also I am actually going to the dentist Tuesday morning but not because of any unusual colouring it's just a checkup

Passes rules 1, 2 and 5

(08-07-2016, 03:19 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »My brain, still in the zone for putting new spins on old questions, has just graced me "when did you stop beating your waifu?"

There is one google search result for this.

...I thought you'd all like to know that...

Passes none of the rules

(08-07-2016, 04:43 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Here's my questionnaire, this is for qwerx.

1. What is going on with Rule 1?
2. What on earth Rule 2?
3. What the hell is Rule 3?
4. What in God's name is Rule 4?
5. WTF is Rule 5!?

Passes none of the rules
1) There are posts that pass rule 1, posts that don't immediately pass rule 1 (so I say that a post is close to passing rule 1 to varying degrees), and posts that don't pass rule 1.
2) This one is a pretty standard rule
3) You already know one component. Just try the obvious? I've been pretty predictable based on what I consider a post being close to rule 3, and very close to rule 3.
4) Rules synergy. Also theme synergy. This rule is at odds with all the others!
5) An important observation has been made. I'd be fine with a dictionary attack to be honest.

(08-07-2016, 05:28 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
2. Why is the sky blue?
7. Who am I to disagree?
13. Name an other.
14. Name another.
16. What time is it?

1. I promise you I cannot be reliably relied upon to juggle a single object.
2. Back in 1502 Albrecht Dürer, an ambitious German painter, was sick of that unsightly mauve sky and just took it upon himself to redecorate. Blue was his favourite colour for backgrounds, so he decided to paint the whole of the sky the colour we have come to know and love. This endeavour took until 1521 because seriously there's a lot of sky, but ultimately I think Albrecht did a pretty good job.
3. Wells are good sources of information on the following subjects: masonry, macrobiology, the collected works of Agatha Christie, the third season (and only the third season) of NBCs hit superhero drama Heroes, ancient Mesopotamia, road safety, pressure systems, the scurv, cheat codes for the Sega Genesis, the personal life of composer Igor Stravinsky (just his personal life though, don't ask about his music, wells hate that), forms of media that sync up and reveal secret messages when played at the same time and pogs.
4. [Image: abstract-9.jpg]
5. 291
5. Back in question 3 when I referred to it as 'the scurv'
6. Sister Clara
7. Sruixan
8a. Nah
8b. Nope
8c. Not really
8d. Negative
8e. Nuh uh
8f. Blancmange
9. They don't make skypaint like they used to.
10. Malcolm
11. Likewise
12. Kyparite (I'll pm you my address so you can send me the drill)
13. Benjamin Linus
14. Bramblepelt
15. Malikypaminpelt
16. Electronic gull time
17. All of them 'natch.
18. I'm not. I skimmed straight to the end to see if the question was like 'what is the train driver's name' or something similar.
19. Omelette. Not a lot of people know chickens evolved from ducks that were fed exclusively omelettes for thousands of years.
20. What is a question?

passes none of the rules

(08-07-2016, 05:35 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(08-07-2016, 05:28 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »20. What is a question?

A miserable pile of secrets.

Passes rules 2 and 4

(08-07-2016, 06:08 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Ix I very narrowly avoided having to explain why I was laughing so much to my gran thank you for that

Passes rule 2
I just want you to know that by posting that I have acted in accordance with the interests of the Traitor Trifecta and have not betrayed anyone.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(08-07-2016, 07:16 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »I just want you to know that by posting that I have acted in accordance with the interests of the Traitor Trifecta and have not betrayed anyone.

Passes rules 2 and 5
Dictionary attackShow
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
(08-07-2016, 07:20 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
Dictionary attackShow

Passes rule 1. Hm, that didn't work out as well as I expected.
Dictionary AttackShow
(08-07-2016, 07:27 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
Dictionary AttackShow

Narrowly misses passing rule 1. If we're going to consider the watermark of that stock photo then it passes rule 5. Otherwise it doesn't pass rule 5. Also passes rule 2 I guess.