Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Epilogue: Restoration]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Epilogue: Restoration]
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Round 10: SECRET AG3NT MA|V]
Also: gonna note that the descriptions for what have folks have won in the OP is good and entertaining, ty Pala
I will put 100 on Blackwell Epiphany and 100 on Deathray Manta
Ahahahah! AHAHAHAHAHAH! Mortals! Join me and we will campaign against the Soul Legions, to recover these precious Pala shards! Together we will harness its giveaway energy and recover as many games as we can! Then we can swapsies to see if anyone doesn't like their raffle game.

Also reform Pala I guess.

In our image. >:D
All in on Abyss Odyssey
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Round 11:
Hi guys, deadline comes in just under 24 hours, and we've already got a nice big cluster of ties. Would be a real shame if something happened to it.

SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Round 11:
And it's time for the most straightforward round yet, here are our top bids:

SpoilerShow

Each and every game here's only bid on by a single person, I don't even know why I'm doing the secretive announcing bit.

SpoilerShow

And here is our remaining titles to win. If no major bidding magics are made this round, what little holds the giveaway together will fall apart and the world will finish collapsing on itself. Only those lucky few who have claimed the Palashards will be able to continue existing in this plane (aka we will enter the bonus round for anyone still interested).

SpoilerShow

Points for our remaining nine competitiors:

SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Round 12: Endgame]
75 on Super Amazing Wagon Adventure.
For anyone who still has any points left, I can personally recommend Just Cause 2, Monaco, Frozen Synapse, Risk of Rain, and Trine 2, in more or less that exact order.
75 on Frozen Synapse, then.
Well I can recommend Super Amazing Wagon Adventure :p

Basically it's a 2d sidescrolling shooter loosely based on Oregon Trail. It allows you to jump into space, travel through time, fight ninjas, escape burning wolves, ride on a triceratops while wielding a sword, kill people with ninja stars, murder hundreds of buffaloes with a flamethrower, and more.
Join me, my people! Claim a Palashard and we shall rise up against the Demon Soul Legions!

Also remake the universe in our image etc etc

Also as I've said before, we can swap around our games so that we all get what we would prefer
I will gather up as many Palashards as I can and construct a tiny Palamunculus
You must be registered to view this content.
What is likely our last proper round comes to a close in six hours, here are our standings:

SpoilerShow
And so the last round proper of the giveaway ends. Here are our bid-on games:

SpoilerShow

Winners are pretty obvious here.

SpoilerShow

We still have a few contestants left, but since none of them have bid recently I'm going to call it. Besides, with me dead and my spirit broken the giveaway has just about finished collapsing and most of us will be dead soon anyways.

They'll have a few days to ask for any of the remaining games they want (and settle bids if they all want the same game) before it all ends, and after that I'll give out what remains in the World End Bonus Round! Make sure you have your Pala shards ready (ie: state your interest now).

SpoilerShow

Remaining contestants:

SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Round 13: World Break]
I have been informed to pick Monaco and Risk of Rain

eh, idk what else

Awesomenauts?
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Come, my followers! We have to take the Palashards we've collected to the shrine atop the World Fraction Mountain, the last piece of land straddling the break in between the pieces of the giveaway universe! No doubt the Demon Soul Legions are approaching the shrine as well. We must strike them down where we see them, and take their Palashards! We will reform Pala in our image! The giveaway universe will be ouuuuurrrssss
I'll take super amazing wagon adventure then. I do like that game.
hey hi hello there, can people who haven't signed up participate in the bonus round. I don't even know what the bonus round is, i just want in.
Alright, so with the final regular prizes sorted we'll enter the Bonus Round: Save the Universe Edition. This will work quite a bit differently from the regular giveaway, so here is how it'll go down:

Anyone participating needs only to send Chiral and myself a list of the games they want, in order. Obviously the game you want most will be listed first, second second, and so on. If you don't want a game period (for example, say you already own a copy or just know it won't be the kind of game you enjoy) leave it out, and if there are a few titles you want equally leave them together.

We will then randomly choose participants, who will receive the highest game on their list (that still remains, of course). We will do this until everyone participating has won a game, and then will restart the cycle until no games remain. All games will be given out at once at the end of this coming week.

This is primarily intended as a thing for the people who stayed involved and active with the giveaway from start until finish, but if there are notably less people active in the bonus round than there are games I'll let others in as well. So if you missed out on the giveaway but want in on some free game action, go ahead and send a PM and if we don't have enough people you'll be entered in (though I'm going to say that rule one for signups still applies).

Here is the list of remaining titles:

SpoilerShow

If you have any questions regarding the round or remaining games, please ask away!
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Bonus Round: Shards]
Past few days were really hectic for me, so I've put up a bit of a delay for the friendly reminder I wanted to make on Friday:

48 hours remain before the world bonus round ends, anyone who still wants to get in needs to PM whichever of the remaining titles they want.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Bonus Round: Shards]
And so, the giveaway world shatters into countless pieces. Countless died, and even those with Palashards fell to the tide of destruction and encroaching nothingness. All expected the mighty immortals (and primary holders of Palashards) AgentBlue and Demonsul to stand dominant of those remaining, but only one managed to survive the end - and even then only barely.

When the universe finally failed to exist in its entirety, only six of the giveaway contestants remained. AgentBlue, who mattered too much to die so easily, Akumu, who took command of the situation, amosmyn, who went berserk, Shredded, who had received ominous portents of what was coming, speedchuck, who ascended just in time, and Supernerd, who had the secret to survival revealed to him. A seventh and final survivor existed as well, a mere mortal who had only found a Palashard by pure chance and held on for dear life until he could be absorbed into the being that was speednola - ICan'tGiveCredit.

As they did battle, they fell one by one (because some participants only listed a couple of games so what could have been two rounds was dragged on to four), claiming the Palashards of the fallen until only one was left.

Round One

SpoilerShow

Round 2:
SpoilerShow

Round 3:
SpoilerShow

Round 4:
SpoilerShow

Thanks again to everyone for participating in the first round in which we managed to make it to the end without any remaining games! An extra thanks goes to our many donors and Chirality for helping me keep everything running smoothly - couldn't have done it without you guys. My major regret is that so many of the updates were notably late, but I still think things went pretty well. Comments and critiques are, of course, welcome and will hopefully only improve the next giveaway - no matter who runs it. See you all next time!