Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [Epilogue: Restoration]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Image: steam%20giveaway%20winter%202016.png]

So I'm sure some of you still remember the previous giveaways, run by both myself and Coldblooded, and the following Pala and Kiven edition last year.

Well I'd like to announce an exciting new venture with a fantastic new partner - Chirality will be helping me spread holiday cheer and free games galore, and we have some new changes that hopefully will make the giveaway more exciting and active than ever!

The 'Penny Sale' system from before is still intact, so I'll point you to the original quote of a stolen quote:

Palamedes Wrote:
Coldblooded Wrote:It works like this: Every single game up for grabs will be revealed right at the very beginning of the game. (Or a bit before, more likely.) Every player is then given 100 points to divide among whichever games that they like best. After everybody has distributed their points, we will then determine the winners of the four most popular games currently on the table. The more points that somebody has placed into a game, the better their odds of walking away with it.

SpoilerShow

Corollory: While you are free to change your points up to the deadline, please only ever do so in a new post - this makes figuring out who voted for what much easier since we don't have to go through the entire thread post by post every time we're calculating who wins what.

This is where the similarities end! In order to promote staying active and attentive if you lose a lot of points early, we've implemented a new system: everyone will still get 25 points at the end of each round as consolation, but people who have lost points will receive 50% of them back (rounded up to the nearest multiple of 5)! That means if you go big and lose it all in the first round you still have a good chance of being competitive when it comes to other titles.

Since we also managed to put this up at the start of the sale instead of the end for once, it means that people who have been interested in contributing games can actually plan ahead to do it as well!

We've created a quicktopic for that purpose here. If you're thinking of donating a game to the sale, please make sure to check here. Having an extra copy of a big game isn't a big deal, but having fourty copies of Bad Rats wouldn't end well for anyone. Just post what you're donating (or planning on donating) openly or anonymously and we'll keep a more organized version of the list here. Make sure to only post the names of donated games in the quicktopic, send the actual code or link to us via PM or through Steam itself.

Finally, to take part in the giveaway you must have:
1) Been part of the forum before this thread was created.
2) Have signed up in the thread prior to the sale ending and giveaway beginning.

To sign up and get your game, you're going to need is a Steam account and an interest in free games. If you don't already have an account, they're free and very easy to set up. Also, you'll have to add both of us on Steam if you haven't already. Our IDs are here:

Palamedes
Chirality

Game list Quicktopic (Add your donations here)

This game is also being run simultaneously on the Chocolate Pi Forums as well, in case you want to keep tabs on all of your competitors or something.

Signups end the day after the Steam Winter Sale ends (January 5th). If we get a lot of late signups/interest this deadline can be pushed back a couple of days.

P.S. A special thank you to Coldblooded, Kocel, and all of our donors for the inspiration, help, and donations that make this whole thing possible.

Signups: 29
SpoilerShow

Games list:
SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016
Cohost reporting for duty Meloncooly
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [3/??]
So how do we sign up :O
You simply ask for it here, and Pala will add you on the list of this thread. I'll add you on the CPI forum thread though. Welcome!
Yeah I'm in! Might toss a few games in if there are cheap titles I would like to spread the love for.

(Also sing out if you ever need mod edits with any degree of urgency for whatever reason.)
Well it's good to see that somebody here actually has the good sense to start signups before the sale ends that I never had.

Yeah, I'll join too and will probably kick in at least a game or two before it starts in the next couple weeks or so.
Yeah I'll sign up and have a look at the salez.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [10/??]
You must be registered to view this content.
When the sale ends, on January 5th, so we can set things up for the game.
You must be registered to view this content.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [14/??]
I'll sign up, shall post my donations shortly.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [16/??]
I will sign up to play!
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [17/??]
I was thinking "Well I have most of what I want" but another look at the list I spy a few things I could go for. I'll hop aboard.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [19/??]
Donating and joining, stand by.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [21/??]
Going to slide in my donations and join in.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [23/??]
I've been told i should join
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [24/??]
Not joining (god knows my steam library's full enough as is) but popping in to stuff the giveaway box some more n' commend Palamedes and Chiral for continuing this neat tradition. Thanks, guys.
Sure, I'm up for it.
im in i guess
Just popping in to say that signups will close tomorrow, and the giveaway will commence shortly after that. Join now while you still can and nab a couple of free games!
signed,
hi I'm signing up
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2016 [29/??]
Alright, so if all goes well either Chiral or I will start the giveaway tomorrow. Signups will still be accepted up until that point.
And here we go, let the bidding begins!

Games list:
SpoilerShow

With 94 total donated games and 29 players, each player is eligible to earn three games. Seven games will remain in the end. These games will be awarded to people via the magical power of RNG.

Everybody will begin the game with 300 points. At the end of each round, if you do not win your bid, you will gain 50% of your points back. If your bids were not on the most popular games, you will not lose points. Every player will gain 50 points at the end of each round.

In order to keep things moving, we will go through with the bids on the six most popular games, unlike the four of last year. Otherwise this game would last 22 rounds, and that starts being preeeetty long.

We might inject some special elements in later rounds to keep things interesting.

The first round will end in about 48 hours.

Good luck!
100 each on:

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition
Civ V Complete
SPORE Complete