Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG
"Yeah. Good battle. I guess I'm just not that good at battling."

Marc then takes Owei to the Pokemon Center.
"What'd it say, what'd it say!'
"She... 's a Murkrow. Flying/Dark type, can use Peck, Astonish, Pursuit, and Mirror Move. Not that I have any idea what the last three things are."

Natalie stretches her wings a bit, doing whatever the bird equivalent of pricking your ears is when Tori mutters her attacks.

"Eh, screw it. Those other dudes we got stuck with were having practice battles, right? I may as well find out what this bird can do before I end up in some kind of stupid life-or-death situation."

Tori considers returning Natalie to her Pokeball, then figures it's not exactly a long trek. If the crow's going to run away from her, may as well do it sooner rather than later.

"You, uh, coming?" she asks, not sure whether she aimed that more at Bastion or her Pokemon.
"Wow, four moves, that's cool! They are a bit basic for the most part, but Mirror Move sounds unfamiliar, weird. Anyway, yea let's go~~~"
Raphael shakes herself awake a bit. "Buh! That's right, Psychic-types don't do well against Bug-types! Oh dear...here we are with Psychic moves to our name..."

"Gabby! Oh dear oh dear oh dear... Use Confuse Ray! Straight down the middle, then come to me! Four meters west!"
Clifton and Raphael: FIGHT! Riff - SPD 3, Gabby - SPD 6.

Gabby used Confuse Ray!
Riff became confused!

Gabby Shifted west!

Riff is confused!
Confusion check: 1d20= 15
Riff gave chase, and used Struggle Bug!
AC3: 1d20= 5
Damage: (1d12+5+3-6)*2(SUPER EFFECTIVE)=6
Just six damage was done.

[Image: CtXOg.png]

Health and Status
SpoilerShow

Marc: Back at the Pokemon Center, nothing of note has changed. The nurse happily takes Owei for healing.

Tori and Bastion: You both enter the Midway. Marc seems to have just left and Clifton and Raphael are going at it at one of the arenas. Natalie seems to have no problems with coming along, and in fact stays pretty close to Tori.
Raphael gives Gabby a quick pat on the head! "Good, Gabby! Now use Confusion and move 5 North!"
Tori has a look around for anyone willing to get in a civilised scrap. When Bastion's attention is diverted for a moment, she glances down at Natalie.

"Uh."

"Can you see anything you want to beat the crap out of?"

Natalie probably obliges by looking attentive, though Tori still has no clue whether it understands her or not.
Sturm and Sleipnir down their respective drinks, and quickly come to the same conclusion: Nothing goes with a drink quite like FIGHTING A WORTHY CHALLENGER. Sturm picks up his horse and runs off to the arena. The chance of running into someone's house likely still applies.
SpoilerShow
Clifton winces, but shakes it off. "Try and keep it together, Riff! Five meters north and INTERCEPT IT WITH BIDE!"
Raphael and Clifton:
Gabby used Confusion!
AC3: 1d20=3
Damage: 2d8+7-5+1(STAB)=14!
Riff took 13 damage!
Gabby ran north!
Riff is confused!
Confusion check: 3
He hurt himself in his confusion!
Riff took 1 damage!

[Image: QGlEV.png]

Health and Status
SpoilerShow

Sturm: You drink the Port, and feel more... Constitutional.
+1 CON for the next hour.
Sleipnir looks like he's unable to hold his liquor very well, but otherwise ready for a fight. (-1 accuracy)
The two of you look for a challenger at the Midway, and see somebody you already know a bit.

Tori and Bastion: Natalie looks over at the viking and his horse. They seem ready for a fight, and Nat seems up for it.
"Riff! Retreat, six meters east!" He then dashes up to the Kricketot and attempts to coax it back into thinking straight.
Marc will just go back to the midway and watch others battle.

If Marc has not yet used his pokedex on the other's pokemon, he does so now.

(Instantaneous pokedex x 5 combo)
"Well, if he pounds me into the ground for beating his flaming horse, I'll know not to bloody travel with him," thinks Tori.

"Oi. Viking dude. Your horse, my bird. Winner gets... a decent night's accommodation at the other's expense. Deal?"
Sturm bellows at the top of his lungs while clashing his sword and axe together in polite agreement.
Bastion just excitedly watches.
Raphael bites her lip. The battle is going her way, but the odds could change any moment...

"Gabby! Use Confusion! And then move five east! You can do it!"
Raphael and Clifton:
Gabby used Confusion! Again!
AC3: 1d20=6
Damage: 2d8+7-5+1(STAB)=14
Gabby ran east before even noticing the damage he did.
Riff fainted! Gabby and Raphael have won the battle!

[Image: g1r5q.png]

Gabby gained 80 experience.

Sturm and Tori: Both of you take your places on the arena and have your pokemon take their places.

[Image: 0jK5O.png]

Health and Status
SpoilerShow

Marc: Marc collects his Pokemon from the Nurse before he heads off, and once he arrives at the Midway again, he makes sure he has all of the Pokedex information of his companions.
Raphael picks Gabby up and gives him a hug! "You did great, you adorable psychic you. Come on, hop up!" With Gabby perched atop her backpack, she makes her way to Clifton. "Is Riff going to be all right?"
SpoilerShow
Recalling how fast the damn thing was against the Dimension Dorks, Tori figures her 'mon outrunning the horse is stupid.

"You're not going to be able to outrun whatever it wants to hit you with, so... Murkrow! Chase it and make sure it can't outrun your attacks! Use... Pursuit!"
Sturm somehow manages to get across that he wants Sleipnir to move one east and five north, and then use growl.
Clifton sighs as he hands 300P off to Raphael, but smiles and shakes her hand. "She'll be fine soon as we take her to the Pokemon center, um... again... Anyway, good job." He recalls Riff to her pokeball and slides it into his belt.
"Aw, no worries. You'll get the next one!" Raphael pats Clifton on the back. "I'll come with you! Confuse Ray needs recharging anyhow."
Bastion still continues to stare at the battle, but he also uses his pokedex on the two pokemon for the seen count thing. He even maybe does this over a period of time, that if this were hypothetically a situation of sorts where it made sense, be equal to two turns so that if there was hypothetically some sort of good looking person behind Bastion's actions, he wouldn't have to post again with 'Scan other pogeyman.'