The Grand Battle [Game Over!]

The Grand Battle [Game Over!]
Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!]
Originally posted on MSPA by fait.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:Fait, you accidentally used a player name instead of a character name in your last section. Better fix that.
((Hopefully fixed!))
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Aeon tested his newfound power. Though the powers of the Mutewood, he conjured an eye to appear above the house to survey the grass. What he saw surprised him: An army of skeletal undead, storming the house. In the midst of it all was Lutherion riding on top of a skeletal steed.

Although at this time he had no ally, it was clear that the rest of his opponents were against Lutherion.

"Lutherion."

"Crush them, my s-huh?"

<font size="4">"What is this madness?"

"There is no madness here! Just a bit of refurbishing is all! EHEHEAHEHAHEHAEHEHA!!!"

"STOP Your PAIN, You THIS memories BURNING are are available MADNESS to a me PAIN lunatic"

As the reverberating words were uttered, the eye began to emanate a crimson red blood color. Lutherion stared in shock as the sky began to fill with what seemed to be fresh blood. Soon, the only things Lutherion could see was the eye and the bleeding sky.

"Do you see it? This is the blood of your victims, the soul of every being you took the life from. This is the essence that maintains your creations' forms, the blood that creates your only strength, as well as your only weakness."

At the sound of these words Lutherion behaved on instinct; he dismantled each member of his army and focused the energies towards a single attack towards his enemy--everything. The bone splinters fell uselessly, hitting nothing but the cold air. Deprived of his mount, Lutherion fell to the ground, powerless.

Aeon took this opportunity to transport outside, where he saw the necromancer writhe in the grass. His adaptive tool changed into an enlarged hammer, commonly used to smith, now used as a deadly mace. He approached the necromancer. "Disgusting", Aeon said, as he raised his hand to crush the necromancer's gleaming white skull...

OOC: Note that the bleeding sky illusion has not dissipated yet, and Aeon is invisible to Lutherion. </font>

((Sounds epic but overkill.))

OOC: Define "overkill". Everything is consistent with what has happened so far.

((Overkill - More than what is needed. In gross excess of what is reasonably expected. An excess of something beyond what is required or suitable for a given purpose.))

OOC: Well, I meant "what was so overkill about it".

Hey, I had to figure out how to compare with fifty undead skeletons for crying out loud.
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow
In other news, this is a suitably epic battle going on.
Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

Aryogaton Wrote:OOC: Well, I meant "what was so overkill about it".

Hey, I had to figure out how to compare with fifty undead skeletons for crying out loud.
fifty VERY FRAIL AND WEAK skeletons my friend! [img]images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] i made them so weak that everyone can actually easily beat them! they fall like dominoes! no body tested their indurance, thats all!

EDIT: example: youre in diablo II and youre lvl 50. thne you go back to the starting area and slaughter everything! THATS the amount of power they have! [img]images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I'm not sure what to think about this eye," Alcarith looked up as if the sight didn't sway her much.

"Let's give him props for now," Amethyst said, a little nervous, but still confident in her abilities. "But he's gonna have to go too."

"This is some witchery," Emily squawked. "This is almost as bad as the exorcism of Jaeden Rh'lyarth. There was blood in the sky and the screams of the lost souls. It was terrifying."

Alcarith bears her Crimson Claws with a stern look on her face.

OOC: I look forward to see how you manage to get out of this pickle.

And besides, Aeon could only see through the eye-in-the-sky, he had no idea how strong the skeletons were.

OOC: I don't suggest making a poll for this. People would vote for whoever seems to be the strongest, in order to quench the competition. The previous method of choosing whoever's writing was the weakest seemed good for me.
Originally posted on MSPA by PawntoD4.

Emily pushed Aeon out of the way. "This is my duty."
She then planted her shield into the ground and clasped her hands together. "Even a demon as horrible as you deserves some last rights," she said as she looked down at Lutherion.
She then placed her hand on his shoulder and began to heal him. "You shall be in full health before your burial."

(OOC: Can her advanced healing restore his more hideous wounds like the lost eye?)

She is attempting to regenerate him... I should keep the illusion in place, in case he revives, Aeon thought.

"I don't think this is a good idea. You've seen what he is capable of, are you sure you want to give him a chance? I had a bit of access to his memories back there, he died through execution, burned at the stake. Whatever "second chance" he had privilege to, he misused it already."

Emily glared at Aeon. "Call me a sap if you want. You can even call me a fool, but even demons and undead are living creatures and have some basic rights. I cannot simply ignore this man no matter how much he disgusts me. I shall at least give him the right to last words and the feeling of good health before his burial."
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

Aeon sighed. "Very well, if there is nothing I can do to change your mind, I'd simply like to ask of you a favor. Currently Lutherion has no suspicion that I was behind that illusion--and I doubt that he has enough sanity right now to catch a glimpse of me--, so my request that you keep it that way. If he manages to escape your spells, then make no mention of me."

Aeon then uses the Mutewood's power to transport him back into the mansion, dissipating the bleeding sky illusion as well.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by OddGuy.

As events unfolded, Nathan was still back at the mansion's entrance, frightened, unaware. As the others fought, he found his sanity would be put to the test. As the illusions began, corpses, stench strong, bodies rotting, neared him.

"if it touches me I'll go insane. if it touches me I'll go insane. Ifittouchesme..!" His panicked thoughts raced though his head as he slumped to the floor, sobbing slightly.

The corpse breathed on Nathan, stretched out it's hand. However, the illusion then seemed to disperse, Nathan curled in a corner. After sitting for what seemed an eternity, he rose, staggering slightly, eyes red.

The first thing he did after rising was look out the window. The sky began slowly dissipating, going from a deep crimson to the normal(?) color of the sky of the Mutewood. Opening the door and peeking out, he saw the hated Necromancer mortally wounded, the older woman, Emily, beside him with her shield, and two other women, Alcarith and Amethyst. Wary, he remained behind the door, leaving it slightly ajar.

Emily sat by Lutherions side, slowly healing his wounds. Luther just lies there, open mouth and a surprised look in his eye. Then, the eerie glow in Lutherions eye vanished, he blinked a few times, and then started talking. But this was not his normal voice! it was much calmer, much softer, much more... human. "Wha- what? who are you? what are you doing to me? what is this place! where is my house! god, im so confused... The fire... The fire! I remember! I burned up! I-" "shush." Emily made him hold his tongue. "It looks like your insanity has snapped itself away! but we can never be sure with a type like you Lutherion... Now, hold still." Lutherion did just lie there, looking at the sky. "Its a beautiful moon, dont you think? ive always been fascinated by the moon. mostly because its one of the things that fuels my power, you know? Without the moon, i coulndt even CREATE a skeleton with my cursed hand... Ahh, the gentle brease."

"She's healing him," Alcarith murmured. "This is unexpected."

"Didn't we work hard just to kill him?" Amethyst asked with astonishment.

"I don't get it. Are we supposed to be stirred up by whoever we think poses the most of a threat?"

"Maybe the old lady will be our next target."

"I want to know what that other one is up to? Whoever caused the eye..."

"Well, strong opposition should go right away."

Alcarith looked over at Amethyst with reluctance and a bit of contempt.

"Then we have the weaker opponents, our allies, to take care of."

Alcarith became unsure of who to keep as an ally for the earlier parts of the tournament. Amethyst seemed questionable as well as Emily's sudden change of heart for Lutherion. Alcarith knew little else about all the other participants, but she still had the opportunity to check on the others who were off on their own agendas.

No longer desiring Amethyst's company, Alcarith turns and heads back inside. She heads up the stairs, hops over the charred body of beet monster, and takes a left down the upstairs hallway in search of someone else that could be in need of assistance, whose plans need to be thwarted, or who could use a little interaction.

Emily was a bit surprised by how well her healing had worked. Were the wounds to his mind healing as well?
However she still couldn't be sure of his sanity, so she project a barrier around her and Luther. That way at least she wouldn't put the others at risk should he lose his mind again.

Suddenly! Lutherions "head" gives off what sounds like a snap, and the glow returns to his eye: "what the?! what id the bacon smelling lady doing to me! where are my skeletons! and the bloody skies! and tooki! where?!" "oh damn. It looks like his insanity have returned! what a poor ghastly being he is. it-" "AAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!" Lutherion starts to scream! "the pain! the agony! what are you doing to me woman?! what are you doing to MEE!!!" his wightmaw arm begins to whip against the walls of the barrier like crazy! "LET ME OUT!!! LET ME OOUUUT!!!!" "what is this nonesense!" Emily yelled. "You where just getting healed by me but now the light magic is burning him!"

((
Something Lutherion Would Do
"You have just been Rickrolled.
--Lutherion"
))

Emily sighed. She couldn't even help this poor soul die in peace. She healed her few injuries and put her shieldup to protect herself from his wild arm.
She then charged him with the shield and knocked him through the barrier wall.
Lutherion just continued flailing and screaming.
"You can finish him now Aeon. I can't fight very well."

Aeon watched from a point-of-view above the house. As he had expected, the necromancer has escaped from Emily's spells, and now attacks. Wait for it, Aeon thought, as Lutherion charged at Emily, shield up. He waited until Lutherion was only a few feet away from Emily's shield.

"Stop."

At that instant Aeon conjured another eye, only this time appearing right between Lutherion and Emily, only inches away from the necromancer's face. Before he could even react, the eye emanated blood once again... literally. Lutherion was swept away by a tidal wave of blood. It did not take long for him to crash right into the trees on the edge of the plain.

Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

SpoilerShow