Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 9: So Long, and Thanks for all the Death
I'm here. Getting a mountain of work done but I promise words will occur tonight. Like, in three hours or so tonight.

Hold me to that promise.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Donut flipping sane is a huge sigh of relief. It doesn't clear everyone due to risk of godfather/lawyer, but it's a start.

(06-09-2014, 01:57 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Boom! So that's two scum right there, and, yes, it was technically MYLO yesterday, except for the fact that Gnauga almost definitely had not been recruited circa D8. Which is a bit of a shame because it would've been nice to see who he buddied with, but we can't have everything.

So, now, we've got Akumu clear as clear as clear, the traitor's flipped, three unknowns in Sotek, Pala, and me, and Seedy and TehPilot have checked innocent. The traitor's flipped, so unless the scumteam has a lawyer (which seems redundant seeing as busdriving town+scum creates two people who'll produce scum-friendly results if checked), it's unrealistic that Seedy and TehPilot comprise the scum team.

From my perspective, that means one of Seedy+TehPilot as Godfather, partnered up with Pala.

This looks mostly correct, even from my perspective. I'd hesitate to totally clear Schazer at this point, but this post is a solid mechanical analysis of the situation. Probably two out of Schazer/Pala/Seedy, any combination works.

Hilarious universe options: Pala/Sotek scum, lying about lovers?

Palamedes, #1302 Wrote:tl;dr I am actually third party lover protector, I win if the lovers survive or if I survive and the faction who killed the lovers loses.

Anyone want to run the numbers on possible universes? 3/2/1 would be interesting right now, but I don't buy that. Thinking it's either 4/1/1 or 4/2 based on the veracity of Pala's claim and whether or not he counts towards mafia's voting power (based on the lovers being alive).

Not going to throw down a Pala vote yet due to speedlynch possibilities and uncertainty of numbers.

I'm claiming tomorrow, by the way. That should make things interesting. Get ready.
Well I pretty much guarantee it's 3/2/1 because I know literally 2/3rds of the alignments right now and third parties don't usually count for MYLO so...

Ugh I hate to say it and probably sound a little hypocritical but dropping a 'I'll do it tomorrow' is a thing that I usually associate with scum trying to figure out how to best mess up town's reads when it comes to a claim, unless that claim's one hell of a doozy. Unless Pilot straight up comes in with a plain old 'I'm ___' claim I'm still leaning way more towards a seedy/Schazer scumteam.
The "tomorrow" thing is just a product of no sleep and catchup work.

(sorry for unintended inconsiderateness of fellow players)
hey pala wanna say who my lover is, as a biiit of a test?

if you're telling the truth then it actually doesn't affect your ability to win.
Actually it does if I'm lynched now. I kind of hadn't contemplated that option at the time, but my sort-of-guaranteed winning strategy basically hinges on both me and you two making it through today since worst case all three of us can't be dead come tomorrow if someone else is lynched today.

Also because this game I only get to know who the other lover is, I can only actually protect you. Which is why I've been asking for any sort of real protective role to come out so that they can be revealed and both of you can make it through the night.

That said, if you're fine with all that risk and it'll help make it clear that Schazer's scum, I'll say who it is and then bank on the seedy/Pilot lynch when you are both probably dead.
This is what happens when I fuck up my sleep schedule so bad even I acknowledge I need an early night, then check the thread. I'm so fucking confused about the gamestate, but to be honest I think everyone is.

Having said that...

Wouldn't 3/2/1 mean Pala wins with scum via outing the lovers, helping with a hung vote/no lynch today, then joints with scum tomorrow on a loverhammer following a nightkill on the third townie? Assuming lynch counts as a town kill?

Which means town's already fucked????
Checked with Fogel already and I can't knowingly lynch the lovers. Doing so results in a loss for me.

Though I suppose (following your plan) I could instead lynch myself and then win since the lovers survived to endgame? It's still putting things in the hands of someone else which I'm not entirely comfortable with.
EBWOP: Especially where a hung/no lynch vote today would let scum just shoot the other lover and win. I mean, why would they risk their own victory by not doing that?
Does it count if they're alive at overrun, even if flavourwise they get slaughtered promptly?
Well, assuming a) I'm telling the truth about being a doctor, and b) Akumu or TehPilot are the second Lover and the other is scum, then scum may well go the shits and gigs route and kill me tonight and lynch you tomorrow? Gotta admit, if I were in said hypothetical Seedy's shoes right now that'd be pretty tempting.

Assuming, as a similarly-hypothetical corollary, that I'm scum, one of Akumu or Seedy are my godfather scumfriend and I would still be hypothetically totally down for making this seething cauldron of narrative treacle become that much more excruciating.

Just, y'know, hypothetically.
Yeah, as long as they're alive when the game ends it doesn't really matter what happens to them.

What makes you want to leave Pilot out in your hypothetical scumteam (considering Akumu's about as clear as one can get and you still put him in)?
The hypothetical scum team of which I am a member? That would be hypothetically telling, wouldn't it?
I mean seriously this sounds like a legitimately fucked up beautiful way to end the game.

You out the lovers, I'll shoot the last town tonight, and we can hammer you tomorrow! Sotek'll probably swear off closed setups until the heat death of the universe if we do that, but eh. Acceptable losses.

I legitimately cannot see anything wrong with this plan, so fuck it. Vote: No Lynch

'cause there ain't no climax like an anticlimax!
Oh hey Tehpilot if you do have 11th-hour shootypowers (or anyone else for that matter) can you please hold off on shooting me until I post, say, in seven hours? I desperately need the sleep tonight and would rather not be checking the thread at twenty-minute intervals all night.

Completely non-facetiously, thanks in hypothetical advance.
Wait did Schazer just scumclaim
I'm pretty sure Schazer just scumclaimed and also said that Seedy was godfather??
so ... uh ...

... um.

yeah I was trying not to say it, but I actually think we're boned?

but pala, just ... just out my other lover, so we can straighten things out. since it's gonna be hard to fuck up the lynches that way, and you+me+lover aren't getting lynched today?

unless, well, unless you take the scum plan.
I Think I Lost Track Of My Own Game Votals

No Lynch - 1 (Schazer)
Schazer - 1 (Palamedes)

With 6 alive, it takes four to lynch. There is no soft lynch. Deadline is Friday, June 13th at 11:59 PM.
(06-12-2014, 02:27 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Oh hey Tehpilot if you do have 11th-hour shootypowers (or anyone else for that matter) can you please hold off on shooting me until I post, say, in seven hours? I desperately need the sleep tonight and would rather not be checking the thread at twenty-minute intervals all night.

Suddenly, I don't think I want to claim.
Actually, let's make this even more fun.

Schazer, you should shoot me tonight. :3
muh

wut.

what's going on I don't understand anything anymore.
EVENT!

You can all hear voices. They seem to be coming from outside.

"Locked up tight. You'd think they'd be open by now."

"So they're doing as poor as we thought. Maybe the editor wasn't answering his calls because he had to get a second job."

"Well, let's not give them a chance to bounce back, right? Ha! So, start the fire right here?"

"Yeah. Boss wants to be sure we get their library. Told us to go for that first."

Realizing these are not their saviors, but a new threat, everyone runs from the library and rushes down the halls, stopping to catch their breath once they reach the printing presses.

Before they can work out where to go next, they hear more voices.

"FREEZE! Police!"

"What the hell? The cops found us?"

"Well, well. We were just about to check this place out, didn't think we'd find a couple of would-be arsonists. Wonder who these guys are? Maybe they're with Conformist publishing?"

"We can work that out at the station. Come on."

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief. Lacking the energy to move back to the library, they decide to continue the discussion where they are.

Unfortunately, in all the confusion, the record of votes seems to have been lost. The slate is wiped clean.

Votes have been reset. There is a 24 hour extension to the day as compensation.

I um.

votes are reset, plus extension. that's ...

?????

help my confusion is reaching exponential levels.
I uh

I think I want to drop the bomb even less now because what the hell is up with Pilot/Schazer now because I kind of like what the former is doing re: all this new wine. I'm kind of assuming that's okay (because it also makes Pilot the pretty clear townperson to me over seedy).