WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

Palamedes Wrote:Hey konec why Namboto over Sanzh or Ix or Malky or literally anyone else?
i

what

i literally have no idea what you're trying to ask here
Originally posted on MSPA by Palamedes.

konec0 Wrote:Luneix, please tell me what you think of Tea, Guy and Namboto.
I blame anacreon for the confusion. FOS: anacreon (not a vote).

EBWOP: I guess to clarify more I get why you wanted them to comment on Guy and Tea but Namboto has said about as much as someone who hasn't posted at all as far as I can tell.
Originally posted on MSPA by Luneix.

konec0 Wrote:Luneix, please tell me what you think of Tea, Guy and Namboto.
Aye aye, Captain Cat Boss! Here are my completely unprofessional opinions of their actions so far:
ANALYSIS MODE ACTIVATE
(1) Tea: Tea's initial act of self-voting could imply that being killed off is related to his goal or bonus goal, yet is is likely that this action was undertaken in the pursuit of humour, or simply in an attempt to get the game going. However, in response to Guy's speculation, he seems to go on the attack, targeting him with increasing pressure and accusatory language - this suggests that he is either unhappy with Guy's playstyle, feels threatened by Guy's accusations, or has another motive for removing him from the game.
(2) Guy: Guy's initial reluctance to vote seems to indicate that he prioritizes some sort of discussion before random voting, however Tea's response and suggestion that Guy is scum, seems to have put him on the defensive, arguing for his innocence while at the same time condemning Tea for his actions - this does not clearly suggest Guy's allegiance, but does hint at how he might react when undue pressure is placed upon him by another player or group of players.
(3) Namboto: His initial reliance on RNG for voting indicates that like many here, he does not have a clear target to vote for - therefore he took the most neutral option possible while still voting. This action serves to both keep the game flowing (somewhat unlike I did), and place pressure on that person if his vote was indeed, not random. His shift of vote to targeting Ixcalibur, for jokingly voting for a mod, seems to have been done for humour, although this does not rule out an ulterior motive.

I hope these analytical shenanigans will suffice Mister Cat Boss - and in light of this prompted theorizing, I would like to alter my vote to Vote: Tea, for the reasons of keeping the game flowing, allowing for more of Tea's general interactions with other members of our motley crew, and due to some small amount of suspicion raised by Sir Cat Boss's requested inquiry.

Palamedes Wrote:EBWOP: I guess to clarify more I get why you wanted them to comment on Guy and Tea but Namboto has said about as much as someone who hasn't posted at all as far as I can tell.
okay yeah well it is because of this.

Namboto Wrote:but yeah tea is kinda going everywhere right now and solaris is pushing a tea lynch but then there's mr guy and I forgot how confusing this can be
yay

vote: Ixcalibur for trying to kill of a mod
yeah let's mention recent events in passing and then toss on a joke(?) vote without any discussion of said events. Or, like, anyone.
sorry Nam randomvoting passed like 2 pages ago that's not going to fly

and thus I wanted to see if Luneix was paying attention to the game and whether he/she picked up on this.

t~hat is why.

also ix has only randomvoted and malky is the mod i'm just sayin
Originally posted on MSPA by ClunkThiourea.

Hi! I've coded a Python bot to continually scrape this thread for votes and post the results on Reddit at this link (ideally the bot would just post here, but I couldn't figure out the API and there's a fantastic Python-Reddit library). The bot should update every time anyone posts in this thread.

If you'd like to use this, there are a few things that the players can do to help:
1. Please make votes like so: <b>Vote: PlayerName</b> (replace angle brackets with square brackets). Note the capitalized 'V' in 'Vote' and the space. Also, please spell player names correctly (including capitalization), and if you wish to color your votes, place the color tags outside the bold tags, like so: <color="red"><b>Vote: PlayerName</b></color>.
2. If you are quoting a post which has a vote in it, please unbold the vote, or the robot will think it is an actual vote. For example, Namboto quoted a post voting against him, so the bot now thinks he voted for himself. Namboto, you can fix this by posting <b>Unvote</b>.
3. Unvotes are not necessary; a new vote will automatically override your old vote. Therefore, for now, an unvote only serves to abstain, which I'm treating as a Nolynch vote. If abstains and nolynches are supposed to be different (I'm not familiar with Mafia rules so I'm not sure), I'll implement Nolynches as well.
As a side note, if you have a Reddit account, please do not post anywhere on that subreddit (r/mspamafiabot) as it will make the bot extremely confused and I will have to implement some additional stuff to filter out the chaff.
If your current vote is messed up, revoting or unvoting in the standard format (and following the above rules from now on) will fix the problem, since the bot only looks at the last vote.

MalkyTop, if you'd like to help, it would be great if you could post the livelist in a special format to help the bot find it. It'd be ideal to put a bit of invisible text at the bottom of each day-start post (not necessary for night-start posts) like: "DAY3DATA;Palamedes;anacreon;A Killer Cuppa Tea;LYNCH5;HAMMER6;ENDDATA". That's just the general idea; if there's any other information you think is relevant (i.e. which the bot should include in votals), we can discuss that and come up with a standard format.
On the other hand, if you don't want to use the bot at all, that's fine too; I'll remove this thread from the bot's watchlist and won't bother you again.

Some people will have seen this post "magically appear" because I am a Wiggler and this post had to go through the spam queue before it appeared. When it passed through the queue, it was inserted a couple of posts behind the most recent one.
This is also the same reason I am editing this post instead of posting a new one, because it would not appear instantly and it is possible that further confusion would occur.

Well colour me impressed, I guess that's why you're the (cat)boss and I'm just a lowly Pala.

Interested in how that response make you feel about Luneix because I was not particularly happy with it, it was basically plot summary - I was hoping for more of a solid opinion? Luneix, if you were told one of Namboto or Guy was scum, who would you guess?

EBWOP: I did say ~anyone~ but then again I had missed that Nam post. And I'm now hoping Lun will pick up on the fact that I do want a few words of Sanzh on top of that.
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

konec0 Wrote:also ix has only randomvoted and malky is the mod i'm just sayin
Plot twist: I'm the real monster.

ALSO SUDDENLY WEIRD COMPUTER THINGS WHAT THE HECK????????? I'll try to remember that but I'm stupid and I'm not sure if I actually understand who are you I'm scared.

I apologize for my plot-summary-ness, but at the moment pretty much any evidence we have is circumstantial, and I wouldn't particularly like to indict someone as scum with only a gut feeling and a few scraps of dialogue to go on.

Malky he is a nice man(?)wizard who is crafting powerful voting majicks.

Unfortunately because some people are not voting in the traditional [bold]Vote: Someguy[unbold] format it doesn't display things the way it should.

Personally I think it's a p. neat idea regardless

ASGHASHGUASGAHH EBWOP because of ninjas again.

Lun I don't care do it anyways. Yes there's not much, but there is enough stuff to come up with theories and whatnot. For example, if Tea died right now and turned out to be scum then we could be 90% sure that Mr. Guy is town.
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Posting These To Remind You I'm Co-Modding Votals

Konec0 (1) - seastormjt
Mr. Guy (2) - Paranoia, Tea
Namboto (1) - Mirdini
Dragon Fogel (1) - Ixcalibur
A Killer Cuppa Tea (5) - absoluteCertainty, Solaris, Mr. Guy, Sanzh, Luneix
Sanzh (2) - konec0, Palamedes
Luneix (1) - anacreon
Ixcalibur (1) - Namboto
No Lynch (1) - curiousCat

Abstaining (5) - crepiscularDissembler, Schazer, cuttlefishCuller, Agent 1022, Mr. Visceral

Day ends January 26th, 5 PM EST. It takes 11 to hard lynch and 6 to soft lynch.[/QUOTE]
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

woah hold it up and go back a bit

where did clunk whats his name come from
I AM SCARED

MAGIC SOLARIS

MAGIC.

Solaris Wrote:where did clunk whats his name come from
I AM SCARED
i swear, that post wasn't there earlier
like just after my post was pala's
and then i go off and i come back 5 minutes later an DTHAT POST IS THERE
I'M SCARED TOO

okay but let's not derail the game

MAGIC IS SCARY

MAGIC GETS MINUS FOUR THOUSAND SOLARIS POINTS

Don't coward out Solaris. If we let magic push us around it will never stop ever.

Also thread is kind of derailing so...

if I said I was going to murder Lun or anacreon who would people prefer?

*sigh* Is this what peer pressure feels like? Okay.
At the moment, Guy and Tea seem to be on opposing sides due to their bickering and mutual accusations, implying that if one is found to be scum, the other would be town. However, as I've specified, this is near-baseless conjecture, as it still hasn't been the first night yet, so for all they know they're both town, or both scum, and their playstyles/personalities are just being abrasive towards one another. However, basing this solely from their different levels of aggression, I would wager there's a 55% percent chance (if the two are on opposing sides) that Tea is the scum in this situation.
My "few words on Sanzh" are pretty much that he's doing what I'm doing - being as neutral as possible since we have no concrete evidence, and attempting to make assumptions from the "soft evidence" (player conversation) that we do have. Due to this, it would be impossible to argue what position he occupies, though I would suggest either Town or 3P.
Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

Palamedes Wrote:if I said I was going to murder Lun or anacreon who would people prefer?
Definitely anacreon; I feel like Lun is putting a lot of effort into thinking over their views, then putting them out there clearly and in detail. Whereas anac has done a self-vote (which as noted I'm not a huge fan of), assigning possibly too much significance to pacifism (I agree that NL is a bad decision but I feel like scum would deliberately avoid going against the flow, unless they did it specifically to [etc. etc. WIFOM]), and millerclaim.

That said, it seems much more likely to me that anac is just being a flippant/unthoughtful townplayer. I'm just saying that of the two they seem like the better shot.

Palamedes Wrote:if I said I was going to murder Lun or anacreon who would people prefer?
errrrrRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM........

honestly at this point? neither. The flip wouldn't be all that useful, since as you mentioned, Luneix is largely rehashing material and anacreon friggin claimed miller.

*jumps out a window and lands on his head*

tea

No bad Solaris pick one now.

(P.S. I am not actually killing anyone... yet)

EBWOP: I guess I should clarify that this is a hypothetical exercise that basically amounts to 'based off of the few things said so far who do you like less and if you love them both then you better explain why'