Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG
Raphael recalls Gabby to his pokeball, and passes him over the counter. She stands there, pretty much ignored. Ignoooored.
Those who hand over their Pokemon see their Pokeballs set onto a machine, which starts whirring.

Clifton gets a Super Soda Pop for 400P, and returns to the group to talk to Sturm.

A misunderstanding occurs for 2d6+2+4+2 damage, and Clifton takes 15 damage to the face.

"Aaaalright. Kid," Tori declares, dragging Bastion out the front door again, "We're gonna have a private chat while your Pokemon gets fixed. Our, uh, buddies. Those guys. They'll look after that thing if it's done."

Tori glances up and down the street, doing her best to associate as closely as she can with Bastion without getting all up in his grill like a creeper.

"You said something about your parents, right?"
Bastion naively smiles, "Uh yea, we live here in Port Town, I should probably go tell them all about what happened! I'm sure that they'll be ESTATIC."

DRAGGING
PEOPLE
HAPPINESS
RAINBOWS
GOING HOME
"Fuck!" Clifton raises his hands to his now-bleeding nose. "Shitshitshitshitshit. Ow."

He half-leans, half-collapses on the counter again. "Um, nurse? Could I get some aspirin and a tissue?"
SpoilerShow
(06-20-2012, 05:19 PM)btp Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
"doo, doo, doo..."

Marc whistles out of boredom. He turns to the closest person (Raphael), and says,

"Um. Sooo... What brings you 'round these parts?"

Fuck fuck fuck that wasn't the smartest thing to say.
Raphael gives him a look that is just long enough to be awkward, eyes lingering on the camera. "Um. Er. Adventure, I guess? And field experience for my degree...What about you? You a photographer of some sort?"
The machine stops, and the nurse returns everybody's Pokemon to them, fully healed. She also grabs a bundle of tissues to hand to Clifton.

Bastion and Tori: Bastion, after grabbing Hrothgar, grabs hold of Tori and almost literally drags her to his house.
RIGBY RESIDENCE
"Can you believe what they're saying, dear? 'Children should wait until they're at least 16 before going on a Pokemon journey,' what nonsense."
"Mmhmm"

Bastion's mother turns from the TV to see who's entered the house.
"Oh, there you are Bastion! Did you enjoy your trip to the lab? Oh, and who's your friend?"
"Oh, thanks Nurse."

Marc receives Owei, and is momentarily distracted as Owei bounces happily on his shoulders.

"Huh? Oh, right! Yeah, I'm a bit of a photographer. Um, I'm not really all that good, it's just a hobby of mine. But I do want to take pictures of every single pokemon species in Airot. And uh that's what I'm doing here I guess. This pokedex thing is really neat, have you checked it out?"
Clifton wipes off his nose as he retrieves Riff, mumbling a thank you. He then scoots away from Sturm and leans back on the counter, fiddling with the dex. "It's kind of... complicated. Doesn't have a very good user interface, if you ask me."
"Oh man Mom you WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT! It was absolutely incredible!"

Bastion momentarily puts his extreme excitement aside to introduce his new friend.
"This is Tori! I met her at the lab today, she's going to come along with me on AN ADVENTURE! We both got these!"

Bastion takes out his brand new POKEDEX and then starts to re-count the tale of what had happened earlier in the day with the kidnapping and the kicking of the enemy pokemon and how AMAZING they all performed! He then goes on to talk about HOW GREAT all of his fellow travelers are, how great of a team he is POSITIVE they will be and how one of them is a darn viking!
"One sec. Thanks." Raphael lets Gabby out of his ball as soon as the nurse returns it.

'Ralts ralts!'

"Oh, you. Come on, hop up."

She ducks down slightly so that Gabby can take his accustomed place on her backpack.

"The Pokedex? Yeah, yeah...it's a neat machine, but the user interface could use some work...aaaand it's not exactly the fastest device ever, is it..." She trails off into mumbling a bit.
Bastion and Tori: Bastion's mother just smiles and nods while listening to Bastion's story.
"That sounds wonderful, dear! Why, I think I've got a couple of things to help you out on your journey!"
Bastion's mother runs off for a minute. His father just continues watching the television. Joy's Anatomy is on.
His mother returns carrying a Rare Candy and a Green Apricorn.
"I'm sure you could use the boost for Hrothgar, and I've heard there's an Apricorn Smith in Pilsner Town!"
She also grabs an Enriched Water from the fridge.
"I should have thought ahead, but your friend can have this. Oh, and Bastion honey, did you want me to help you save money?"

Bastion is the happiest damn twelve year old around.
"Oh yes, that sounds wonderful mom! THANK YOU THANK YOU."

First, he lets out Hrothgar and shows him the Rare Candy before the two of them give Bastion's Mommy A BIG SLOPPY HUG.

ISN'T IT PRECIOUS.

He then gives Hrothgar the Rare Candy.
HROTHGAR LEVELS UP.
SpoilerShow
"Well, anyway." Clifton smiles as he dabs away a bit more blood. "You guys feel like breaking the ice at the boardwalk? It's classy and old-timey and stuff. They've got some arcades, a ferris wheel, a garden... I'm sure we could figure out something to do, right?" He notices Gabby and releases Riff from her ball. "Hell, maybe we could even find some people to spar against. I think we could use some practice."
Marc cannot help but overhear the jazz musician.

"Ooh, that boardwalk thing seems pretty cool..."

Then Marc follows Clifton to the boardwalk.
Tori just kinda smiles and nods, wondering when in the hell this kid learnt her name. While Bastion's gushing over Hrothgar again, she kind of gets a word in with his mother.

"Uh, thanks for the water. I, uh... well, I guess it's none of my business, and I guess I'm looking after your kid no matter what, but are you sure he's gonna be fine? I'm- you could say- look."

Tori just massages her eyeballs for a moment.

"I'm not that great with kids. That's all I'm saying. And I sort of got this whole deal shoved onto me by Oak..." Tori pulls a face.
Clifton and Marc:
PORT TOWN MIDWAY
10:22 AM

You arrive at the Midway, where there are a few attractions going on.
There's the arcade section, which has both ticket games and just regular arcade games.
So you have pinball, fighters, shoot em' ups, some of the classics like Mankey Kong, all that jazz.
Games that give tickets include Roller Ball, Mr. Mime Dump, and CrocoStomp.

On the other side of the Midway are a few small battle arenas, where trainers of all sorts are looking for a challenge. Perhaps a wager would be in order were you to take one of them on.

In the middle of it all is a large ferris wheel, but it doesn't seem to be working. There is a sign on the front. "Closed for repairs because a couple of idiots thought it would be a great idea to hold a Pokemon battle on a ferris wheel."

Bastion and Tori:
"Oh, don't worry about that. I'm glad he won't be travelling on his own, but he's quite the capable boy! I'm sure he'll be able to handle himself well enough."
She turns to Bastion. "Okay, dear, I'll help you save your money. From now on when you win money from a battle, I'll take half of it and keep it safe for you!"
And then she turns once again to both of you, "Alright, you two. You should go about town, perhaps purchase some supplies or just get a good look around before you have to meet Oak again at, that was 11, was it? Good luck to the both of you!"
Sturm grunts noncommittally, jabs a few buttons on his Pokédex, leaves it on the counter and heads to the liquor store next door. There's about a 50% chance that he ends up walking into someone's apartment the next door over, but it might be more or less. Vikings can't do math.
Raphael looks around at the various things, taking notice of trainers and their pogeymans.
"Well, I've picked the last two places we've been to, so now you pick!"
"Hrm."

"I guesssss I could use a proper pair of boots. I wasn't expecting to have to skip town so quickly- I mean, uh, eurgh. Y'know what I mean. Raincoat. Outdoorsy sh- stuff. You know this town better, kid. D'you know a store that sells that kinda shhhhhh-"

Tori just closes her eyes and exhales audibly, before eventually being able to look Bastion in the eye.

"Do you know. A store that sells. That kinda. Stuff."
"Ooh. A battle arena. This might be my chance to watch rare pokemons fight."

Marc sidles over to the battle arenas as a spectator.