Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG
SpoilerShow
Wait, wouldn't a five-meter burst hit like this?
[Image: d1c74cfa07dac58bfe030561b2e9f8ce.png?1339949416]

Anyway, Sleipnir moves Right 1, Down 1, Right 4 and Down 1 and tackles the Poochyena. Sturm moves Left 2, Up 2 and Left 2 and punches the fleeing grunt.
Tori, completely disregarding the mechanics of battle, rushes towards the last reamining Poochyena to deliver one of her now signature kicks.
AC6: 1d20=2
Alas, moving further than is technically possible has its cost, and that cost is apparently rolling low.
Raphael sees that Miltank from earlier, looking a bit healthier, coming up with its trainer!
Bastion picks up Hrothgar, protecting it from danger! Further protecting it from danger...
AC6: 1d20=8
Damage: 1d6+2+3=11
Is more kicking! Always with the kicking!
Marc also joins in.
AC6: 1d20=5
Well he tries to join in. He misses punching a Mook.
Clifton tries to be more successful at punching.
AC6: 1d20=1
Yeah nobody is going to be punching anybody this round apparently.
OR ARE THEY
AC6: 1d20=20!
Damage:(1d6+2+3)*2=18
Yes, very much so! A powerful right hook is delivered towards the fleeing Mook's face. He's definitely going to be feeling that later.
It doesn't deter his escape plans, perhaps obviously, and he bolts out the door.
The two remaining mooks aren't just going to stand there and accept being attacked, and retaliate!
Damage: 1d6+2=6
Clifton takes 6 damage!
Damage: 1d6+2=4
And Mark takes 4!
After his attack, Mook 3 promptly decides this shit ain't worth it, and tells his buddy to take the reins, before he starts fleeing.

Poketimes
Natalie, as usual, is up first, and as per orders, attacks.
AC2: 1d20=4
Damage: 1d6+2+10=15
Natalie used Astonish on the nearest Mook! They're taken back a bit by the action.
Sleipnir rushes towards the Poochyena and Tackles it!
AC4: 1d20=11
Damage: 2d6+10-5=13
Poochyena is looking very weak by now.
Gabby shuffles downwards a bit.
The remaining Poochyena goes for Tori, because these mooks apparently she hasn't been hurt enough.
Damage: 2d6+6=10
Tori takes another 10 damage!
Owei used Hypnosis!
AC6: 1d20=5
But it failed...
Riff moves closer to safety
Hrothgar chills up being held by Bastion.

[Image: zuzfj.png]

Field healths that matter
SpoilerShow
Clifton winces, then runs four meters south (gently pushing Bastion and Hroth out of his way), hops one meter east, and kicks some dogs.
STOP THE PRESSES! I'm already working on the next update. Yes, that's all it took.
Clifton notices that the last Poochyena is almost done for, and decides to personally finish it!
AC6: 1d20=16
1d6+2+1=8
The Poochyena faints, and is called back by the Mook that hadn't decided to flee.
"This isn't the last you've seen of Team Dimension!"
He then throws down a smoke pellet or something, and disappears, and the fleeing mook shoves his way past the viking in his way in a slight panic.

[Image: gwxon.png]

Victory!
All pokemon gain 500 experience! And since they're all at level 5 with 125 exp... that brings them all to... level 8! Allocate stat points and add new moves accordingly.

[Image: wiXd0.png]

The two professors line the six of you up! Cork decides to do the speaking this time.

"Good job, the lot of you! It was certainly a dangerous idea, especially from you with the Murkrow. I'll see to it that somebody with first aid training takes a look at you. You all performed admirably! And I believe Professor Oak here has-"
Oak interrupts his own introduction, "As a reward, I'd like to give a gift to all of you! There's a new dangerous Team in this region, Team Dimension! Once that fellow over there wakes up, we'll be sure to get a few answers out of him. Yes, yes, you six were meant for greatness! I think you should explore this region! Perhaps take the Gym Challenge! And if you come across those nasty Team Dimension brutes again-"
"Perhaps consider if you're up to it before rushing right in. Please. Cork Laboratory is not responsible for any injuries you attain when attempting to take down dangerous criminals."
Professor Oak opens up one of the boxes and pulls out six red devices, handing one to each of you!
"This is the Pokedex, the open-source Pokemon Encyclopedia that anybody can edit, provided you've seen or caught the Pokemon in question! Pokemon have a tendency to act different from region to region, and I'd be honored for you to help me make it even better here in Airot! Oh, and these..."
He also gives everybody two Premier Balls, two Potions, and an Antidote, as well as a reward of 500P for each of you.
Cork pipes in again, "If you have any questions for me... or Professor Oak, I suppose, then be sure to ask!"

Achievement Unlocked: Gained Pokedex! Gain a level!
Everybody put in a new stat point, choose a feat or a Class, and update your sheets accordingly! Be sure to also say what you're doing with both your Pokemon and Trainer sheets in a new post, just so I know exactly what everybody's doing. I don't mean, like, repost your sheet. Just say where you're adding stats, what new moves your pokemon gain, what features or classes you take, etc.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Clifton stows his loot in a pocket, puts the case back in its place, and smiles at the professors. "No problem, man. Thanks for the goods."

Thinking, he then scans Riff with the Pokedex so he can figure out how to properly take care of the little thing. Having done so, he then kneels down to give her a gentle pat on the head.
Despite the injuries sustained to the pokemon, both Hrothgar and Bastion cheer at the news.
"YEA, WE GET TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE AND BE HERO'S YEA!"
He starts to dance around in wonderful glee from their success and heroics.
"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

SpoilerShow
"...Oh my god. Oh my god. Is this really a Pokedex? Oh man, thank you so much, Oak, you have no idea how much I've been looking forward to getting one."

Marc begins looking up everything there is to know about Owei.

SpoilerShow
Stats appendication *begins~*

SpoilerShow

Raphael gathers Gabby up in her arms before accepting Oak's gifts. "You okay, Gabby? You did great out there!" Gabby smiles, and gives off a little burst of Confusion. "Oooh, you learned a move? Cool stuff!" She swings her backpack around and stuffs the potions and paraphernalia into its depths, then holds it open for Gabby to leap into. Which he does.

While she's at it, she points the Pokedex at him, then at every pokemon she sees. Best to get as much information as possible!

[You've got mail!]
SpoilerShow
Well, Sturm certainly spent a long time coming all the way here, so if the men at the lab tell him to leave to fight Team Dimension and get gym badges, then he isn't one to argue. He's worked hard to get this far, and they seem like they know what they're talking about.

They have coats and everything.

SpoilerShow
"Right, uh... thanks."

Tori turns the 'Dex over in her hands, not all that sure what to do with it. She stows it in a side pocket, and tries to avoid looking annoyed at all these excitable kids jumping up and down and screaming. Verbally abusing another "hero" to tears because he couldn't stop squealing with delight probably wouldn't go down that well.

Oh, and the viking. Hell if she knew what was up with him.

Tori returns Natalie to her Pokeball without another word, and limps for the door.

SpoilerShow
Anybody that uses their Pokedex on any of the Pokemon gets a variety of information. Species, types, stats, moves, all that jazz. It's a bit of a process to get it, although Marc has no trouble.

Oak is still talking.
"Your pokemon journey will be full of excitement, perhaps notoriety, and maybe even fortune! I'm going to be at the local Pokemon Center in a bit at 11. If you all meet up there then, I could give you a bit of direction on where to go! Until then you should get acquainted with one another, and then spend some time in town! Go shopping, or visit the midway, I hear that's good fun! Oh, and young lady with the Murkrow, you in particular I have a particular request."

Tori hesitantly goes up to the Pokemon Professor, who whispers, "This region could really benefit from a group like this, full of all types of trainers. Why, if just one girl were to skip out, somebody could, say, discover the location of a missing Pokemon from a daycare, or why a box is short a few Premier Balls. Surely these are mysteries that are better left unsolved, don't you think?"

Oak pats her on the back before backing up a bit and gives a quick wave to the group as a whole.

Port Town is open for exploration. There are many shops and a few other locations to visit.

[Image: BunXc.png]
Tori just kinda stands nonplussed for a bit, trying to figure whether or not the crazy git's serious. She gives it a moment's consideration, then contorts her face into something approximating a smile and taps Bastion on the shoulder.

"Hey, kid. How about we take that, uh, pink puffball of yours to get it patched up?"
Raphael looks up. "That's right. Gabby needs some attention too." She looks at the battered stabby woman, and continues, "You don't look so great either. Maybe one of the nurses can patch you up?"

She pauses for a second. "...I can't keep thinking of you as 'the stabby woman'. I'm Raphael. What's your name?"
"Yea, that's where I was heading, then MART. Also, I should probably tell my parents what happened! Coooooooooome oooooooooooooooon!!!"

Bastion drags Tori to the Pokemon Center full of ~glee~.
Clifton yawns. "Well, I suppose if we're getting healed up, I shouldn't leave Riff out." He heads to the Pokemon Center as well, the Kricketot bounding along behind him.
Sturm and Sleipnir are unharmed, but he'll just kind of shamble along after everyone else.
PORT CITY POKEMON CENTER
10:16 AM

It's a fairly standard Pokemon Center. Front desk has one of the identical pink haired nurses that most have you have seen before, as well as a few other staff members both behind the counter and out in the lobby. Complicated machinery rests behind the counter, presumably for quick fixes, and of course there's a large set of swinging doors leading to the ward for more serious injuries.
There are a few PCs set up for online storage, and a some vending machines near the back of the lobby area. Some kids are sitting at a table playing some kind of card game.
Escalators lead upwards to trading stations, and trainer lodgings.

SpoilerShow
I guess I'll follow the others to the Pokemon Center. Afterwards, I ask about their Pokemon and where they got them.
Bastion giddly continues to drag Tori and HIS NEW FRIENDS to the Nurse. "Nurse, nurse! We need to HEAL POKEMON. OUR POKEMON. PLEASE."

Bastion then holds up Hrothgar and his pokeball and prepares for the usual Pokemon Healingmagics.
"Uh, yeah. Do that."

Tori just leans all nonchalant-like with her back to the nurse, keeping an eye out for trouble while Hrothgar heals up.
Sturm frightens children just by standing there.
Clifton recalls Riff to her pokeball and leans on the counter, handing it off to a nurse. He then quickly grabs a soda or something from a vending machine.

"So, uh. I guess we're a team now. What's your story, big guy?" He very gently nudges Sturm, smiling at him.
Sturm whirls around and punches Clifton in the face.